"You know, I have changed after all these damned years. However... If you think, that I am a soft one, then you make a biiiig mistake, pal."
Cobra (コブラ, Cobura)
Human (Dragon Slayer)
Year x765, June the 6th
|Guild Mark Location||
|Base of Operations||
Erik (エリック, Erikku), who infamously is known as Cobra (コブラ, Kobura), is a former member of the now-disbanded Oración Seis Dark Guild, composed of six powerful Mages, and were the third strongest one there. At year x784, his guild was searching the Nirvana, a destructive Magic that was sealed long time ago; even though the Nirvana was found, Oración Seis was defeated in a great battle with the Allied Forces, and was sent to the prison in the end.
Seven years after that, in year x791, after the events of Grand Magic Games and Opening of the Eclipse Gates, Cobra was set free from his prison due to him battling the Dragons sent from 400 years ago into the present times, thus helping out Mages and Rune Knights to stop the parade, created with the hands of future Rogue Cheney. In attempt to free his former allies, Cobra began his own adventure in order to become a stronger Mage and find more or less a legal way to save his comrades. Later, it was discovered, that after Erik was left for himself, Erik joined Crime Sorcière Guild per request of Jellal Fernandes, in order to help him take down The Black Wizard. Within it, Erik remains as an Independent Mage and working as a spy for Jellal, infiltrating in different organizations at times to find out, if they will become a world-threatening force or no.
AppearanceCobra is a slim man of average height with tanned skin and spiky, upward-styled crimson hair; aside from a tuft covering his forehead and two bangs framing his face. He’s noted to have snake-like features, with slanted eyes similar to Natsu Dragneel's, a rather flat nose, and prominent canine teeth, interestingly enought, that sharpened teeth and eyes' pupils are traits of all Dragon Slayers. Under his clothes, he has a very muscular body as a result of being trained from the very time he was a slave and came under Brain's custody. After events of Nirvana, Cobra has a great burning scar over the half of his back and a scar from a bullet on his right shoulder, thanks to the Brain's betrayal. Also, after being imprisoned for seven years, Cobra gained a new scar over his right eye. Even if he said, that it's his sacrifice in order to attain new powers, the real reason of his scar's appearing is still unknown. His ears also became noticeably pointed, which is heavily hinted to be a sign of the upgrade of his hearing powers.
At the time of Nirvana accident, Cobra's outfit consisted of an elaborated whitish coat with purple inner lining and cuffs intricately decorated by silver-colored motifs, many studs lined up the chest, the high collar and the sleeves, which had armbands seemingly made of metal around them, above Cobra's elbows. Below it, Cobra wore a dark shirt, pair of crimson leather pants, which were held up by a studded belt, with more similar belts circling diagonally the upper parts of his legs, and simple brown shoes.When he made an attempt to runaway from his prison with his allies from Oración Seis, and when he was set free after events of Grand Magic Games, Cobra changed his way of clothing. He was seen wearing gloom red-colored, free and long kimono with silver-colored edges, black pants and simple black boots. Over the kimono, Cobra wears a long light-colored cape with dark blue-colored shoulders on it, with the same silver-colored edges which are seen on the kimono. His lower part of legs were protected with armor on it too. He was seen wearing this type of clothes merely all the time, while he was adventuring and was training with Rogue Cheney.
When he appeared at the Opening of Eclipse Gates, was set free and became a part of Dragon Soul Guild, Cobra was wearing the clothes which are very similar to his pre-timeskip attire. Now he wears a black T-shirt with some strange end on it with flame-like pattern, dark-colored pants with scale-like pattern, usual belt and boots. Above his T-shirt Cobra wears short red-colored jacket with zipper and silver-colored edges. He also wears a white coat with forest-colored fur and gray-colored stripes on it and some dark-colored gloves.
As a former Dark Mage, Cobra has a typical bad guy-like personality. When he was a part of the Oración Seis, Cobra was confident and enjoyed seeing his opponents suffer, just like his comrades. Cobra believed that Second Generation Dragon Slayers are superior to First Generation Dragon Slayers, and even found their existence questionable, as Dragons are believed to be extinct, therefore he found it ridiculous that people such as Natsu, were taught their Magic by nonexistent beings. On the other hand, after the events of battle with Future Rogue Cheney, Cobra has changed his opinion about it, thinking that "in this damned world is all possible". Alongside it, he was thinking about his capabilities as the Dragon Slayer, because he was the one, who couldn't kill and even seriously harm the dragon itself with the other six Dragon Slayers from Fairy Tail and Sabertooth Guilds. In addition to his behavior, Cobra is also quite easy-going, as he was able to laugh at a joke during his battle with Natsu, who was his enemy at that time.
Cobra harbors great affection towards his snake Cubellios, considering it to be his greatest friend from the time he was a slave in the Heaven Tower under the iron hand of tyrranic Jellal, and being willing to dedicate his prayer to hear its voice, which itself is impossible, even for someone like Cobra, who has exceptional and unbelieveble hearing. However, he didn't know that Kinana is Cubellios herself right up to the events of his jail break and appearing of Reborn Oración Seis.
In X791, at the time of his re-appearing, Cobra had a more quiet, angry, and hostile personality. He frequently belittled Erza Scarlet and the Fairy Tail Guild for their faith in friendship. He also experienced inner turmoil regarding the Reborn Oración Seis, and how much they had to give up; he believed that Fairy Tail is undeserving. However, it is not until he is defeated by Erza and saw Kinana again. At such discovering, Cobra forgoes his forsaking of friendship and with that, he understands, that Kinana indeed his lost friend, Cubellios.
After some times passed and events of Grand Magic Games took a very dangerous side, as the dragons had appeared from the Eslipse Gate, by the Jellal's request, Lahar and Doranbolt set Cobra free, in order to defeat Dragons. Cobra has displayed much more easy-going personality of himself at that time, as he again received the opportunity to hear all the voices and indeed the Kinana's too. He even saved the Blue Pegasus Guild and said to them to not interrupt his fight and disturb him. Even if he had returned to the jail after the battle with dragons, it seems, that he indeed enjoyed the battle alongside the other Dragon Slayers.
As he finally was set free, Cobra wanted to save his comrades, but he understood, that he must become more powerful for even think about such attempts. After his trainings and adventures for three or four months, Cobra eventually found out, that Dragon Soul Guild is existed. When he came to them, he displayed a very calm personality, showing himself as the man, that will never lie as he knows every thought in every person's mind. He is less agressive now and never goes to bellitle or underestimate his enemy. Also, it seems, that he can enjoy some companies, even if he prefers to be a lone wolf.
In battle Cobra is drastically changes. His agressive nature returns, as he can easily show his killing intent, which became even more stronger and frightening compared to past times. Such feat is remarked to be a very great threat, as in the past, Cobra was able to awaken the feeling of fear even in the people like Erza Scarlet, as she is renown for her willpower and fearlessness. He also tries to not lose his coldness, as he is displayed as a cold-blooded warrior, capable of killing his target without hesitation. However, how he eventually said, he doesn't like such part of him at all.
Jellal Fernandes enslaved Cobra as a child until Brain arrived at the Tower of Heaven and took Cobra and four other enslaved children to become members of his own guild, all with Jellal's permission. Cobra soon became a member of the Oración Seis, one of the three most powerful Dark Guilds, and, much like his guildmates, began to seek out the lost, destructive Magic that is Nirvana.
Note: To see the canon history of Cobra please refer to this link
Magic and Abilities
Ways of Combat
Master Hand to Hand Combatant: as a fighter, Cobra prefers to use unarmed combat almost all the time. While he was a part of his guild at the time of Nirvana Incident, he showed that he was proficient in unarmed combat and could employ fluent motions to rapidly strike his opponents. Within his physical development, Cobra was also capable of perfectly maneuvering and dodging the coming attacks while remaining on Cubellios' back, which also gave him the upper hand in a fight. Moreover, it was stated, that every Mage from Oracion Seis is able to destroy entire guild on their own, and while Cobra makes a use only of hand-to-hand combat, it marks, that he is a very strong Mage when it comes to close-range fighting. After time-skip, the level of Cobra's combat only grew significantly. He was able to merely defeat Erza Scarlet by the time he looked aside for Kinana; at the same period of time, he destroyed several Dark Guilds and Zentopia Church’s branches alone. However, the main trump card of his fighting style by now-time terms is his new-found fighting capabilities. Erik revealed that while he was in his imprisonment, he was chosen as one of the subjects for different experiments, which Magic Council studied on bodies of prisoners. Because of this, the man managed to learn new fighting styles to his aid, with which he always gained the upper hand and never failed in death near trials. Erik learned two different fighting styles, which are based on the same martial art – Kung Fu. For his own preferences, Erik learned Animal Styles of Kung Fu, the Snake Kung Fu Style, and Southern Dragon Kung Fu Style. As both of these styles perfectly match the entire behavior of Cobra and also fit his attributes, he is able to use most of their benefits as on their own, so in a deadly combination of these styles. But he didn’t stop on this, as when he was set free, at his wandering he managed to greatly improve his performance within the Kung Fu, as well as learn the famous Dragon Race Style, an unusual type of martial arts, which was created by the Dragon Slayers at ancient times, something that drastically enhance his overall performance as a fighter and greatly supplied his previous styles with great strength and capabilities. It should be noted that the use of his magic abilities, both Sound and Dragon Slayer Magic, gives him a great boost in a battle and make his attacks more powerful with the addition of elemental traits, which also affects his opponents.
- Dragon Race Style (
竜戦士修羅術, Doragon Rēsu Sutairu lit. Dragon Warrior Fighting Arts): Dragon Race Style is a fighting style and a brand of martial arts, which was created in ancient times by Dragon Slayers, in order to draw out the full potential of their respective Magic. Having learned it within the intensive training, Cobra is an expert fighter with Dragon Race Style, showing actually a great prowess with it. While he was training with Rogue Cheney, when the latter was under the effects of Darknight Identity, Cobra held his own against the berserker Rogue only with the help of his new-found fighting style, also he couldn't hear any thoughts of the two selves of Shadow Dragon Slayer. Preferring to utilize his legs as the main “weapon” in his style, he is able to unleash a barrage of whip-like attacks, and using his hands as they were like the fangs of Dragons, or in other words with strong, piercing attacks, preferring the chop-like hand attacks. When utilizing his hearing abilities, Cobra can be considered to have an absolute, unbreakable defense.
Greatly Enhanced Physical Strength: during all of his introductions, Cobra displayed a very high degree of his pure physical strength. For example, even at times of Nirvana incident, he was shown to be capable of effortlessly sending Natsu flying several meters away with seemingly casual attacks on two different occasions, the first with a simple slap, the second with a knee. Beside it, Cobra was able to effortlessly defeat Erza Scarlet in their first battle as he even poisoned the S-class Mage with no difficulties. While Cobra was involved in a battle with Dragons, he has also shown to be able to completely crush the scales of Rock Dragon with a single strike of straightened hand, with the use of his Dragon Slayer Magic of course. However, the unique part of its is that Cobra is a Poison Dragon Slayer, who fought the Rock Dragon, who potentially could have the one of the toughest scale among the other dragons. Within the adventures, Cobra trained himself hard enough for him, to be able to significantly increase his overall level of physical power, which now allow him to deliver very powerful attacks. One case, which shows his developed strength is when he saved Kagura Mikazuchi from Rogue Cheney in his berserk state, sending the latter flying trough several large rocks with a single kick, whil
Greatly Enhanced Speed and Reflexes: another strong, hinted to be the strongest, side of his abilities, Cobra has a very high level of speed. He is capable of delivering a barrage of fast and directed strikes to his opponent, move very fast in order to quickly knock out his enemies, etc. For example, Cobra was able to reach the fight of Mages and Rock Dragon in matter of minutes, though he was set free in a quick succession. The final showcase of his speed is that Poison Dragon Slayer was able to block and evade from attacks of Rogue's, while the Shadow Dragon Slayer was in his shadow form, infused with his Dark Mode and Dragon Force at the same time, while Cobra also had good attempts to counterattack his opponent. The most amazing feat is coming up with his reflexes. Due to his Hearing ability, Cobra was able to developed great reflexes, which allows him to effortlessly avoid any upcoming attacks, even at lightning-like speed. With the help of his reflexes, Cobra is able to attack his enemy within the even slight opening, while the Dragon Slayer also can reach the right time to strike almost to seconds count.
Greatly Enhanced Agility: coming soon...
Greatly Enhanced Durability, Endurance and Stamina: Cobra had proven himself to be a very durable fighter. As it was said, that every Mage of Oracion Seis can defeat a Mage Guild alone, it's implied, that Cobra can continue to fight within several hours and despite the upcoming damage, if he even able to receive some. In his battle with Natsu, he has been seen enduring a barrage of powerful melee strikes from the Fire Dragon Slayer, enhanced by respective magic, without receiving major injuries and continuing the battle afterwards as if nothing had happened at all. He also survived a fall of several meters which saw him coming crashing down to the ground, and stood back on his feet moments after. It should be noted, that even the unheard strike from Brain wasn't enough to knock out the Dragon Slayer. After more than seven and half years passed, Cobra is shown to have even bigger level of durability, as he was capable to fight Erza Scarlet with Holy Hummer, being defeated only after hearing the voice of his dearest friend, which means, that he left himself opened for a brief moment. Moreover, soon enough, he entered the stage again, and had a fought with a real Dragon alone, even if he wasn't the winner of that fight. While he received moderate injuries from Dragon's attacks, Cobra was still able to make some strong moves and attacks to dragon too, which ended up in some damage to the Dragon too. able to make some strong moves and attacks to dragon too.
Draconic Physiology: coming soon...
- Greatly Enhanced Tactile Sensations: as a Dragon Slayer, even for a Second Generation, Cobra was strong enough to awoke his own sensations and developed them to a new level. For example, as he has only one eye with ability to see, he still capable of see most things clearly, even at dark times. His smelling abilities are also enhanced one, as now he is able to track down his targets for kilometres in distance without any problems. His body became very sensitive to the point, when he easily can feel changes within the temperatures in the surroundings. Finally, his hearing abilities are also enhanced one, even without his Sound Magic being used, as well as the Magic itself had its own effects on Erik's hearing sense, raising it up on the totally new level.
Assorted Attributes and Skills
Keen Intellect: coming soon...
- Toxicology Knowledge: coming soon...
- Spy Master: coming soon...
Magical DevelopmentImmense Magical Power: to utilize Magic, a Mage must use his/her Magic Power (魔力, Maryoku) in their body. Magic Power is the source of Power for all Mages and it's composed of Eternano (魔子 (エーテルナノ), Ēterunano lit. Magic Particles). Eternano dwells inside all living organisms and throughout the atmosphere. Every Mage has a container inside their body, that determines the limits of their Magic Power alongside being the source, from which a magician derives the power he needs - their own body's Magic Origin (魔原, Magen), a special organ that is located within the body of a magician, that absorbs eternano and bunches it up into clusters, which is processed into magical power. Other source, from which the Mage derives the power he needs is the atmosphere. Usually, the amount of magical power is depended from Mage's physical body, as S-class Mages and Saint Wizards can have almost endless magical reserves. In general, all Mages have their iwn limits. If their body's case becomes empty, eternano will come from the atmosphere and enters the Mage's body and after a while, their Magic Power is restored. As a very strong Dark Mage and a Dragon Slayer, Cobra possess a great level of his magical power alongside the great reserves. He can easily release his magic aura with his terrific killing intent, use powerful spells, etc. The control, which Cobra has over his abilities now is much stronger, as he always has several trump cards upon his sleeves.
- Ethernano and Magic Power Manipulations: once the user has mastered their own magic, they are capable of drawing in ambient eternano from the atmosphere, and instead of absorbing it into their magical origin, they are able to manipulate the eternano for offensive, defensive, and supportive purposes in any way that they wish. Along with that, some Mages can master their magic power manipulation, a method, which used by some magicians to control their own magic power for a large variety of different purposes, generally, which are the same as for Eternano manipulation, ranging from offensive and defensive, to physical or magical upgrades. After the events of Nirvana, Cobra spent almost all of his time in the jail and after he was set free, to master both of these Manipulations. Cobra eventually made it, as he became a master of both of his Magics. Now, he easily can turn off his hearing ability, which he had as a passive ability. Above that, as it was seen when he was fighting the Rock Dragon, he used his Dragon Slayer Magic without entering the Dragon Force state, which also hints, that Second Generation Dragon Slayer can attain the better control of their lacrima powers with some time and hard trainings.
- Magical Aura (魔力の霊気, Maryoku no Reiki lit. Aura of Magical Power): Magical Aura is a common term given to the exertion of magical energy into a form outside of the user's body that isn't used in the formation of spells. It has been demonstrated by various mages of varying potency, and is a common means of intimidation. A magical aura is created when the body's container of Eternano particles exceeds the limits of what it contains, or is purposefully released by the user. Upon doing so, the magical energy surges around the body and is exerted outwards in the form of an aura, which holds considerable pressure surrounding it. Depending on the level of magical power one possesses and the control behind it, it can be used as a means to intimidate another individual, or as a preparation for a powerful spell. A single magical aura can have a wide variety of effects dependent on the power an individual exerts, which will be outlined in the following sections. Cobra, as former Dark Mage, that was a part of Balam Alliance, was shown to have great magic powers. Now, as he didn's lost his powers, he easily can unleash a great magical aura, an ability, which is demonstrated solely by S-Class mages or above in potency. When exerted, the S-Class aura takes the form of an overwhelming level of pressure that surrounds the user in a color that best represents their personality, in Cobra's case, his aura takes dark-red & black colors, hinting to his origin as a Dragon Slayer. Also, due to the nature of his magical abilities, he also displays his great killing intent with his aura, a trait, which mostly frighten his opponents momentaly. It generally encompasses them in a certain radius, and demonstrates a level of strength that leaves most mages unable to react to it unless they've had continual exposure or exert an aura of similar potency. However, the problem with this aura is that if it used continuously, it can tire an individual. Though considering most S-Class' level of magical power, this is rarely the case. The variety of effects achieved by this aura are noted to be quite high, as it can take the form of different shapes and can be used to repel magical and physical assaults alike.
- Second Origin Activation (二原解放, Nigen Kaihō): Second Origin is a force known as the "second container" of magical energy in an individual. This container exists due to the mage in question constantly, and passively, absorbing a quantity of magic from the environment to renew their original reserves. Any excess is placed within this container and kept sealed until absolutely necessary, or unlocked through a Second Origin Release spell. This Second Origin, when initially activated, places an enormous level of stress on the body unless it is awoken in gradual amounts, as the body isn't accustomed to handling so much magical energy in the body at one time. This can be circumvented by mages with control of their magic, however, allowing them to restore the magical power as a reserve that can be accessed whenever required, therefore providing an extremely useful back-up. Second Origin Activation can only be taken place, as said before, by mages who have control over their own magical energy. It generally only works when one is in a magic-rich environment and has nearly exhausted their initial supplies. By absorbing a copious quantity of magic from the surrounding environment passively (which can be noticed through a tingling sensation in the body), the user's internal reserves can be released at the same time. This, in turn, allows for an immense quantity of magic to replace the initial, depleting reserves. Notably, one can allow the Second Origin to passively increase the quantity of magic that is within it, so long as it isn't used during this period of time, otherwise it has to accumulate magic once again. Cobra gained this ability at the time of his trainings, when he was set free. With it, a most interesting part is coming, as when he uses this ability, his control over his magic, both Sound and Dragon Slayer Magic, reaches an enormous level, as he received the opportunities, that he won't have at usual times. Usually, Cobra uses it as his main trump card alongside the Dual Dragon Slayer Mode, becoming as stronger as ever.
Sound Magic (音魔法, Oto Mahō): Sound Magic is a type of Caster Magic that involves the utilization of sound. As a Caster Magic, it grants the user the ability to perceive, generate and manipulate any type of sound, which they may utilize for different tasks; in combat, it is primary directed with the attacking the opponents with sounds of various intensity. The sound waves may be created from any part of their body or even anywhere in the nearby environment, making this magic quite effective for mid-range and long-range combat. Otherwise, Sound Magic is very versatile, because the caster is able to utilize it in different ways, like mentioned combat, so for tracking other’s people activity too. Looking on the generated sound and its pressure, the user easily can make their targets deaf, or generate such strong sound wave, that it would destroy buildings and kill multiple people at once. Erik shows truly incredible and great prowess in this kind of magic. He has the uncanny magical ability to hear a person's very soul, allowing him to tell what kind of emotions they have in that moment, what are they going to do next, and even allow him to hear their thoughts. Such abilities with Sound Magic are so accurate, that it makes Cobra being considered to be a mind reader, the confusion he may utilize in order to fool his opponents. Cobra is able to foresee all of the attacks performed against him and react accordingly, evading them without effort. In his battle with Natsu Dragneel, he showed great skills within his Magic, countering each of Natsu's moves even when the latter tried to hide his thoughts or even not think at all. After the timeskip and harsh training, and moreover, sacrificing his right eye’s sight (stated by Cobra himself), he gained the possibility of Sound Magic offensive utilization, emitting strong sounds waves on the most part of occasions. He also now is able to manipulate the sound in the surroundings and around him on a large scale, for example, removing all sounds from the others and vice versa. However, Cobra has his own limitations on his magic. First of all, Sound Magic serves as a double-edged sword for Erik; high pitched noises, for instance, like Natsu’s scream at the end of their fight, easily can affect him on a great scale, damaging his body. Secondly, the ability to hear other’s hearts and souls seemed to be a passive one, in other words, working without Cobra’s influence and independently from him. On the other side, after unlocking his Second Origin, Cobra seems to stop being affected by his own Magic; being able to shut down the sounds in his head when necessary, it becomes possible for him not to hear everything in human's body.
- Make Some Noise
- Sound Wall
- Voiceless Vocal
- Growling Requiem
- Linking Park
- Screaming Jazz
- White Sabbath
- Silent Rock
Toxic Dragon Slayer Magic (毒の滅竜魔法, Doku no Metsuryū Mahō): by having a Dragon Lacrima implanted into his body, Cobra obtained the ability to use this Magic. It grants him the power to produce poison from his body and to consume the one produced from external sources to heal and strengthen himself, which, as a result, grants him immunity from poison. The poison that he produces from his skin is so corrosive that it is said to be able to decay all that it touches, but can also act after a given amount of time: Cobra stated that its effects are first visible in a progressive weakening of the victim's body, which then results in death.
- Poison Dragon's Roar (毒龍の咆哮 Dokuryū no Hōkō): Cobra's exclusive Dragon's Roar, incorporating the element of poison. Cobra quickly gathers and releases poison from his mouth in the form of deadly, poisonous stream that, when it makes contact with the target, injects a lethal virus into their body that slowly weakens them and restricts their movement before ultimately killing them.
- Poison Dragon's Twin Fang (毒竜の双牙 Dokuryū no Sōga): Cobra moves his arms forward in a cross, forming a very large amount of poison in two massive waves shaped like fangs, which he uses to attack his opponents with great blunt force. In the anime, this spell was portrayed differently, with the generated poison being split in many elongated, snake-shaped masses, which all move towards the opponent at once.
- Poison Dragon's Thrusting Fang (毒竜の突牙 Dokuryū no Totsuga): Cobra generates a wave of poison, shaped like a large-fanged snake head, and sends it towards the target, stopping their incoming attacks by having the wave "bite" them.
- Poison Dragon's Spiral Jaw (毒竜の螺旋顎 Dokuryū no Rasengaku): Cobra jumps in the air and, when he is upside down, gathers poison on his legs and kicks the opponent while rotating. This spell is highly reminiscent of the Dragon's Claw Spells employed by several other Dragon Slayers.
- Poison Dragon's Scales (毒竜の鱗 Dokuryū no Ringa): Cobra swings his arm, generating a very large number of scale-shaped masses of poison, which are rapidly sent flying at the target in consecutive reprises.
- Poison Dragon's Fang Slice (毒竜の牙斬 Dokuryū no Gazan): Cobra covers his arms in poison and then launch his opponent high into the air, while making a scratching-like or snake bite-like attack.
- Poison Dragon's Defense (毒竜の衛兵 Dokuryū no Bogyo): Cobra moves his arms forward in a cross, creating a large shield of poison that defends him from the enemy's attacks, and, at the same time, gives him the opportunity to counter without fear of being intercepted.
- Poison Dragon's Crushing Fang (毒竜の砕牙 Dokuryū no Saiga): Cobra attacks with a poisonous open-hand, striking with his finger-tips from which poison mist trails.
- Poison Dragon's Grip Strike (毒竜の握撃 Dokuryū no Akugeki): Cobra grabs hold of his target with one hand and releases a burst of poison from it at point-blank range.
- Poison Dragon's Toxic Fist (毒竜の有毒拳 Dokuryū no Yūdokuken): Cobra engulfs his fist in deadly poison and then punches his opponent, causing, aside from great blunt damage, damage from the venom as well. This spell was strong enougр to break the scales of Rock Dragon.
- Poison Dragon's Sharp Horn (毒竜の切角 Dokuryū no Sekkaku): Cobra punches his target then releases a burst of poison at point-blank range, which causes poison damage and burns. This spell was strong enough to break the Rock Dragon's scale, and gave the poison inside the dragon's body. After that, it's heavily hinted, that Cobra can make the same with a human's body, implying, that with this spell, Cobra is able to break through the enemy's body.
- Poison Dragon's Leashes (毒竜の綱 Dokuryū no Tsuna): a spell, which Cobra obtained while he was training for three months. Cobra creates one or two thin, long and tight whipesm which then uses to attack his opponent with strong and distance strucks, pull somebody to him or other. This spell doesn't cause the strong poisoning, but opponent will feel a great pain and burns on his skin, while contacting with the whips.
Dragon Slayer's Secret Art (滅竜奥義 Metsuryū Ōgi): The strongest spells from the Dragon Slayer's arsenal, it is said, that even one spell from this category has the power to defeat a dragon. On the real things, Secret Art of Dragon Slayer can give a great damage to the living beings, even with the opportunity to kill them.
- Poisonous Mist: Death Trap (毒霧・死罠 Dokumu: Shiwana): One of the trump cards, which Cobra has. Similar to the Roar Spell, Death Trap is a gas-like poison, which revolves around Cobra in big amount. While Cobra can freely control this spell, the mist iself has a high density and doesn't allow to see something in it. With it, the mist is also quite toxic, while the person, which caught up by this spell have only two choices - first is to not breath to save their life, second is to breath, but poison their body. Also, the poison, which mist consists in itself is very dangerous to breathing system of human's body. As a result, the longer person breathes the poisonous mist, the frightener are the consequences.
Toxic Ghost Dragon Mode (モード毒幻竜, Mōdo Dokugenryū) is the new-found trump card of Cobra's, something known as the Dual-Element Dragon Mode (モード二要素竜, Mōdo Niyōsoryū); it is the ability he gained by consuming different element from his main one. In general, only a few Dragon Slayers have obtained the ability to consume elements other than their own, allowing them to combine both elements inside their bodies and enabling them to utilize the properties of both, as well as increasing their own destructive capabilities and potential. Granting user with enormous strength, this ability has been described as similar to using Dragon Force, that can be utilized either by the user's wish or, momentary, in a state of anger. This ability places a heavy strain on an untrained body to the point that even a single use of one one the spells in this mode is capable of completely draining the user's energy reserves completely. If the user boosts up their power, they are able to use this ability much easier, with less strain on their body too. Cobra attained this ability while training with Rogue Cheney, at time he fought him, while the latter was possessed by his own Darknight Identity. Greatly wounded, Cobra forcefully ate the unknown to him element, attaining the new power that allowed him to become stronger and defeat Rogue. It is known that he spent large amount of time for achieving the full control over his Dual-Element Dragon Mode, also he soon enough awoken the Second Origin, which allowed him to almost nullify the drawbacks of Toxic Ghost Dragon Mode. When Cobra enters this mode, his appearance drastically changes, his arms become deeply purple-coloured in appearance, hinting to the poisoned shadows being on his body, similar to how it was with Gajeel Redfox and his shadow-enhanced Iron Dragon's Scales in his Iron Shadow Dragon Mode, and Rogue Cheney from future, when he entered his White Shadow Dragon Mode and had the right half of his body covered in black colour; his nails transform into claws too. The new-gained, snake-like tattoes appear on his body, having their beginning from his shoulders, covering his body up to his solar plexus on his front, and up to his shoulder blades on his back. Cobra's right eye may be opened within this mode, glowing in purple colour, just like Rogue has his eyes glowing red in his Drive or Shadow Form. Also, the actual mix of his elements is permanently released from his body, being dark-blue or dark-purple in colour, again hinting to his elemental combination. A unique mode only to him, his main, toxic element, fused together with the consumed shadow element inside his body; this caused him to utilize his Toxic Dragon Slayer Magic alongside newly-acquired Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic. Having such elements at his disposal, Cobra can take the trademark Shadow Form that makes him intangible, increasing his movements by adding swiftness to them and in overall increasing his physical speed. With such ability, Cobra dodges efficiently and makes surprise attacks on his enemies, becoming even more dangerous, as he remains his toxic powers, something that allows him to hit his enemies with dangerous slicing attacks, eventually delivering mortal wounds to them. While having Dragon Force activated, entering his Dual-Elemental Dragon Mode will give him another changes - while his right eye is glowing in purple as always, his Dragon Scales' bottoms change their milky and smooth colours to the black one; as his mode is further amplified by the concurrent use of Dragon Force, Cobra releases a huge amount of magical power, having the toxic shadowes oozing from him.
- Toxic Ghost Dragon's Roar (毒幻竜の咆哮, Dokugenryū no Hōkō): Shadow-enhanced version of Roar Spell. Cobra generates both poison and shadow in his mouth, and then, he releases a large destructive blast of poisoned shadows, which, when makes a contact with the target, injects the lethal virus of Poison Dragon, which slowly kills its victim alongside the slicing damage of shadows.
- Toxic Ghost Dragon's Slash Blow (毒幻竜の打斬, Dokugenryū no Dazan): Shadow-enhanced version of Fist Spell. Cobra engulfs his fist in poison and shadows, and then, deliver a strong punch, causing the great blunt damage alongside the damage from poison and slicing damage from shadows.
- Toxic Ghost Dragon's Kick (毒幻竜の足蹴, Dokugenryū no Ashige): Shadow-enhanced version of Spiral Jaw Spell. Cobra engulfs his leg or legs in poisoned shadows, and then, devlivers a kick to his opponent. Along with great blunt damage, Cobra also gives poison damage with slicing damage from shadows. Also, Cobra can make this move while rotating, which can gives him addition to his power attack.
- Toxic Ghost Dragon's Destroying Fang (毒幻竜の破牙, Dokugenryū no Haga): Shadow-enhanced version of Crushing Fang Spell. Cobra gathers the poisoned shadows on his fingertips, and then, delivers an attack to his opponent. Alongside the poison damage, Cobra also deliver a great slicing damage from shadows.
- Toxic Ghost Dragon's Scales (毒幻竜の鱗, Dokugenryū no Ringa): Shadow-enhanced version of Scales Spell. Cobra swings his arm, generating a very large number of scale-shaped masses of poisoned shadows, which are rapidly sent flying at the target in consecutive reprises. This spell has great area damage, with slicing power from shadows and poison damage.
- Toxic Ghost Dragon's Wing Slash (毒幻竜の翼斬, Dokugenryū no Yokuzan): Shadow-enhanced version of Twin Fang Spell. Cobra moves his arms forward in a cross, forming a very large amount of poison and shadows in two massive waves shaped like fangs, which he uses to attack his opponents with great blunt force. This spell has great slicing power from shadows.
- Toxic Ghost Dragon's Falcon Flash (毒幻竜の鷹閃, Dokugenryū no Takasen): A spell, which Cobra takes from Shadow Dragon's arsenal. Cobra turns his body in poisoned shadows, and then wraps himself around the target, assaulting them with a torrent of poisoned shadows from his hands, becoming tangible once more.
Dragon Slayer's Secret Arts: Revision (滅竜奥義・改, Metsu Ryū Ōgi: Kai): A revised version of strongest spells from Cobra's arsenal, with adding Shadows to his Secret Arts, resulting in enhancement with shadows power and increasing of overall strength of his spells. it is said, that even one spell from this category has the power to defeat a dragon.
- Poisonous Mist: Dark Spear (毒霧・暗黒の槍, Dokumu: Ankoku no Yari): Spell, with which Cobra makes his strongest weapon. He creates from poisoned shadows a double-blade spear. Alongside this spear, Cobra's arms often also become covered in this poisoned shadows. With this spear, Cobra's power becomes increased dramatically. This spear is unique among Cobra's other spell, as while this spear gives great poison damage with slicing damage from shadows, when contacting with its target, the spear itself leaves a deep wounds, which have a trait to not heal as a usual wounds. As a result, Cobra's opponent takes enormous damage with poor wound healing, and for some time afterwards, gains a decreasement of regenerative abilities.
- Poisonous Mist: Darkness Form (毒霧・闇の形態, Dokumu: Yami no Keitai): By the words of Cobra, this Secret Art is his most powerful spell, even powerful than Dark Spear. He gathers the poisoned shadows around himself, just like in Death Trap Spell. After this poisoned shadows dissappeare, Cobra gains a monster-like form, which can frighten Cobra's enemy just by its look. Alongside this fear appearance, Cobra gains a big increasement of his powers, no affection to pain or wounds. Also, this cover has a very high level of poison and shadow atributes. While in this form, Cobra has the ability to easily create poison, much faster make his body intangible, and while contacting with his opponent, he passively delivers poison damage as enemy feels it like it's burning, alonside the small cut wounds. But, as this spell has great power, it's has great weakness. While continiously use this spell, Cobra's control over his emotions and personality slowly decreases, as he fights more with his instincts ans in savage way, while he can easily think about killing his enemy, not defeating them. When this spell is over, Cobra has a great weakness within his body, great exhaustion and need to rest for a few days. While using this spell, Cobra usually use his Second Origin Activation and his Dragon Force in attempt to better control the spell.
Dragon Force (
Being a product of Second Generation, those who have obtained their powers by implanting the Dragon Lacrima in their body, at first could not access Dragon Force form on his own will. Whenever he made the use of his Dragon Slayer Magic in the past, he entered the Dragon Force state. However, due to this easiness to achieve the said form, it was unknown, if his powers became increased at the same level of First Generation Dragon Slayers, as Cobra had no dragon-like aura appearing for him. After his long-term training, as well as unlocking his Second Origin, Cobra became much stronger than he was before; his powers grew enough alongside his better control over his magic powers, so eventually he attained the ability to freely use Dragon Force on his own, just like Third Generation Dragon Slayers, and moreover, his power level and the overall augmentation from Dragon Force now allows him to stand on equal grounds with either First or Third Generation Dragon Slayers, having the same dragon-like aura as they have; influenced by his Shadow persona, Rogue Cheney stated, that while Cobra was in Dragon Force in their fight, he wasn’t different from Rogue in terms of draconic aura and his Dragon Force form, further hinting to the new-found power level of Cobra.
Creation and Concepts
- This character was approved by Perchan.
- The reason Cobra has controlled Dragon Force is that in the manga at time, when he was fighting the Rock Dragon, he used his Dragon Slayer Magic without entering the Dragon Force state. The same goes for Laxus, when he fought Hades (pre-timeskip), Jura and Tempesta (post-timeskip).
- Mainly, Cobra's spells from Sound Magic are referrence to different music-playing groups, as well as kinds of music and some musical terms.