|X792 | X784|
The Prince (プリンス, Purinsu)
Custody Enforcement Unit Captain
Azeli Rosefeather (Daughter)
- "Brilliance conveyed through a feeble poise of moral formality."
Cuda (クーダ, Kūda) is a member of the Ten Wizard Saints and the second Guildmaster of Fable. He has proven himself to be one of the most influential figures within the world of magic, due both to his insurmountable constraints of magical power, and his jolly, yet inspiring nature. A charming entity whose every bead of sweat is glorified by the mass media, his net worth is surpassed only his his elegant smile.
Heralded as a genius for his extensive use of Memory-Make magic, Cuda became the youngest Custody Enforcement Unit captain in the history of the Magic Council before playing a significant role in the war of X777 against the original Balam Alliance, ultimately resulting in his epithet as The Prince (プリンス, Purinsu); he would also go on to be named to the Generation of Miracles (キセキの世代, Kiseki no Sedai) for his raw talents at an age of adolescence. Additionally, his countless performances in the Grand Magic Games has established him as a celebrity of superstar status within the world of magic today, a title further supported by his frequent appearances on the cover of Sorcerer Magazine alongside the rest of his charming peers. Cuda is the subject of much admiration for his renown as one of the wealthiest men in the world, while being one of the most generous at the same time, showcasing little to no hesitation in regards to sharing his massive riches with those who are less fortunate than himself.
While celebrated by the world at large as the sheer embodiment of perfection, Cuda secretly possesses a vast array of demons and otherwise regretful memories that he would much rather prevent from being shared openly with the public, partially the reasoning behind his defection from Blue Pegasus. While claiming to be a fraud would be more than an exaggeration, Cuda's status is a mere cover up for his past mistakes, his way of repenting for sins that fail to vanish from the inner chambers of his mind no matter how hard he tries to remove them. As a high profiled celebrity, he is more often than not stowed away within the premises of his mansion to negate further exposure to the paparazzi.
- "Stare if you must, m'lady, for not even the gods themselves could cast a sin upon your soul for finding your endeavors within my elegance. I am handsome!"
- —Cuda addressing a woman who happened to look his way
The light of the world seems to shine upon the graceful entity heralded as "Cuda". Though, more often than not, he is a being who is acknowledged not by his name, but rather his presence. It is a peculiar concept, in that whomever is near him is almost immediately kneaded with a sudden emergence of easiness within their existence; comparable to the pleasures brought upon by the sweetest of fragrances, associating with the man, for whatever reason, seems to bring out the very best in others and simply brighten up their days. His smile possesses enough strength to cast away shadows and rescue even the vilest of demons from submerging within the darkness. It is through this very essential movement in his facial muscles that Cuda gains his nakama; a smile that is remembered always —a smile that lingers within the hearts and souls of those he has truly come to know. Judging based off physical attractions alone, Cuda portrays a minor by all means, despite his otherwise "elderly" age; he is by no means an adolescent, having been apart of many wars and witnessed some gruesome bits of scenery, though still yet, his face suggests ignorance of the highest amplitude, in that the average magician would dare not mistaken him for one of them.
It is basic knowledge as much as it is common sense not to judge anyone individual based off of their physical appearance; despite the clear emphasis on such matters, it is within human nature itself to do so, rendering the race of mankind more contradictory than it is made out to be. Cuda was a subject of scrutiny during the better part of his childhood for appearing seemingly less mature than the rest of his peers; it was not a trait he had any control over himself, making it all the more troublesome to deal with. However yet, he soon found such measures to cope about dull, seeing no point in such trivial matters that only worsened his own appeal. Instead, Cuda accepted himself for who he truly was, and in turn, neglected all others who, despite claiming equal standards for all, had such judgmental personalities. Due to the respect he has for himself, it would be shameful for the man to wear any form of attire that functioned as a coverup of his true identity —the same can be measured in regards to any sort of under cooperative schemes; Cuda will not, under any circumstance, don a mask of any sort to conceal his face from public perception. This would be disrespecting himself as a person, as he had been made who he was for a reason —or so he believes— and running from such a gift would only be succumbing to what he despises most: the general opinion.
Cuda's attire is meant to portray himself in its entirety; he longs to be unique, and not another fish in a dying pond. The world at large appears to follow a common trend more often than not, with each missing piece of every generation producing an exact replication of those who came before them. To prevent himself from succumbing to this very same disease, Cuda elects to where clothing he himself finds comfortable, as opposed to simply wearing an article of fabric to gain popularity, or in a more desirable method, attract attention to himself. Their is a difference between being original and being overly eccentric; there will be no instance in which Cuda is draped in flashy colors as that would only work to defeat his own morals. Instead, Cuda characteristically wears the clothes of a commoner; not those who comprise the foolish portion of the world with their bizarre shenanigans and such, but those who are of the informative classification; those who are light years beyond others in terms of thinking and symbolize such through the elaborate way in which they dress themselves. Cuda, despite being rather young in terms of physical appearance and numerical age, fashions himself in the manners of the elderly. It is quite ironic, when it comes to the occasion, seeing as though the boy who appears much younger than he should has taken a liking to such a wardrobe.
A detailed and otherwise incredibly noticeable trait of Cuba's physical depiction comes in regards to arguably the most well desired luxury; that which resides atop the being in an endless slumber —which in this given universe is what differentiates most others from one another— abiding to every simple instruction placed forth by the character in charge is none other than the sly pieces of threads that, when grouped alongside one another, give the person an elaborate sensation of hair. A defining factor in all beings human, those without hair seem to long for it while those with it harbor it in envious methods. It is without error for one to make the assumption that the devotion to one's hair suggests how truly much that individual cares for their physical appearance. As such, Cuda's hair lies in a messy, disorientated slump around his identity in the same manner water would spill from a cup. One could determine untidiness from the man upon the first glance itself which ironically, altogether may make him all the more inviting, seeing as though it adds to his otherwise bliss of ignorance and lack of formality, despite his redundant usage of elderly attire. In all, he is a rather complex spirit who is truly difficult to understand; though he suits elaborately and yet refuses to so much as comb his hair is truly peculiar and mysterious. Such is the factorization of Cuda's will; it is not meant to be understood, but rather withstood.
In modern times, however, Cuda has adapted a more elaborate means of looking older; in the form of a natural gift, the man has covered himself within the stoic and otherwise prophetic traditions of past sorcerers by covering himself with facial hair. As he grew older, Cuda suddenly found the necessity to groom himself all the more in order to attract the urges that came about with age, most notably women. They were irresistible in the common sense and Cuda soon wanted to be able to care for them as much as he wanted to touch them, as so from there onward he took to taking better care of himself for his own well being and to look all the more appealing before some of the world's most gracious beauties. All in the eyes of love, Cuda has rid of his baby face to lure more "mature" women who would fancy a man with hairy features; in a rather peculiar perspective, Cuda's sense of fashion portrays that of a real man, as evident by the amount of his facial hairs. Naturally, his initial unkept hair has been fashioned to portray that of a duck's tail, in that it is now rather well groomed and kept short along the sides while the top is shaped into a hawk of the sorts. A scar is now present across his nose as well, and a pair of earrings hang from either one of his earlobes to give him that much more of a pleasant appearance; the trend of the earrings is quite ironic, seeing as though it quite literally contradicts the purpose of maintaing a beard for a more manly presence.
Now in his middle ages, the man is the cornerstone of Blue Pegasus, a guild renown for attracting the most attractive mages across the globe. He is especially heralded for his smooth buttery chocolate colored skin, which he obtained through the means of a tanning lacrima lent to him by none other than Ren Akatsuki. A celebrity even by Pegasus standards, Cuda's astounding physique has attributed to his being a cover model on the Sorcerer's Magazine alongside Jenny Realight on multiple occasions, gaining him both popularity and worldwide recognition. His well proportioned cheek bones are a subject of much admiration among his guild and aside from his blood red eyes, function as the most defining factor of his overall physical appearance. Cuda considers himself to be very handsome, often remarking about his broad facial structure as well as his thick black hair openly even in public. The fact that he has his own clothing line has only added to his perplexity, which is quite ironic, considering the fact that he behaves like an amateur despite having more knowledge than most others.
The world is a large place, inhabited by seemingly an endless array of races that bond together in desperate times of need. While there are people in this world who enjoy being alone, there is but not a single person within it who can bare complete solitude. It is said that each person has a match within the world, and that each individual being is created to be paired along with another. In the same sense, there exists a valuable group of nakama for every single person —no matter what sort of background they may originate from—and it only takes a matter of time in order for one to properly locate them. People were made for the reason to associate with one another; if man was a creation in itself, then there would be no point in there being such an abundance of the human race. With that in mind, there are very few people within the world itself that harbor the same emotions for their loved ones as Cuda. Originating from a war torn setting in which he lost everyone he loved, the man pledged to protect his loved ones from that day forward by honing his skills and growing all that much more stronger. It was the meaning —the purpose— behind all his efforts; all those days he spent training were for the cause of not himself, but rather those who he cherishes deeply from the bottom of his heart. It was this moral perspective that had allowed him to become the man he is today; were it not for the people in his life, most certainly he would not have accomplished even half of his current feats. Feelings are remorse and work to ease Cuda's existence. He holds experiences with his nakama dear and truly cherishes them from the bottom of his heart. Due to his superb prowess within the arts of memory-make magic, these events are never forgotten, only stored and imbedded for the rest of eternity within his mind, replacing the corrupt images that were there beforehand.
When a man comes of age, he experiences noticeable changes in his daily lifestyle, especially in regards to his bodily functions. Dreams are never quite as dry as they once were, and the thoughts and pleasures of trivial matters are soon replaced with women. These are in part due to the hormones given off by the male alike, but in the instance of Cuda, these subtle changes were forever engraved within his mind as a malfunction of his memory make and he now possesses the same shriveled instincts he did as a teenager even in his latter years. The same surge of adrenaline that appears in the heart of a heterosexual man upon seeing the fine vibrations of a mature woman's shapely rear end blooms in the heart of Cuda finer than it ever had before. Because of his naturally refined sense —credit to the principles of his memory make magic— Cuda can not go without noticing even the most subtle movements occurring within the female body when they are present before him. He is blinded by these actions and instantly propelled with varying fantasies of each and every one that walks by him. This is a curse as much as it is a setback of acquiring such a power at an age of adolescence; it has forever stained the man's mind as a sign of immaturity and pervertedness and is only worsened by the prowess of his Heaven's Eye which therefore enables the man to look at the body of a woman from greater distances and more thoroughly from each angle. The man is fashioned with an array of skills that grants him such an ability to peep on women without their knowledge and consent, part of the reason he has settled across the street from the hot springs.
On most terms, Cuda is a cheerful person whose charisma alone works to establish his relations with other people. He is a man who values bonds with other people and enjoys to spend time with them; he is also heralded to be quite generous, often conducting various services through self nurtured honor alone, in the predicament and fear of having to witness one such being undergo the same horrid experiences he did as a child. Thus, he extends his assistance to all beings, even those who are strangers to enlighten them and prevent them from taking a path towards the depths of the darkness. Because of his magical abilities, he never forgets the face of another person and always has time to help out in the community without worrying about his own wellbeing. A prized and polished man with able manners, he almost never asks for anything in return upon competition of these favors, longing for the self righteous effect that takes place within his heart as a result of gratitude itself. For these reasons, he is highly scouted by the world at large when in desperate times of need, and has made a lifestyle through living off of the generosity of others who seek to even their terms with him. Likewise, he is not beyond sharing the vast knowledge he has gained through the extensive use of his memory-make with others, though more times than not he requires a bit more of an elaboration in regards to the questioners intentions.
Once upon a time, Cuda —as a trained warrior during the time of war— was a merciless killer who took lives without a moment's worth of hesitation. During this era —credit yet again to his then nurturing prowess in regards to memory-make magic— Cuda was forced to remember the faces of all of those unfortunate people he massacred, as well as all of the corpses and the blood that was shed during that time. As a result, Cuda was greatly effected and essentially became mentally unstable, with horrific images plaguing his mind and disrupting even his sleep. However, he soon began to stabilize when he realized that, while such memories were unable to be cleared, they were able to be replaced with more graceful images. So then began Cuda's quest to rid his heart of all evil and instead purify it through the relations he established with other living beings. This is the cure to all his problems and in truth, the reasoning behind his generosity; while aiding others in following the right path, he is preventing himself from stepping down it as well and in the same process earning back his life. Even to this day, however, the dark side remains prominent within the inner chambers of his being and can be initiated akin to a "mode" or transformation of the sorts during battle to forgo any necessary emotions he may otherwise be feeling. This is done quite rarely —if at all— to allow Cuda to fight with no regards for human life, as he would otherwise have a very hard time poising himself to take a life.
Despite his shortcomings, Cuda is well mannered and approaches all acquaintances with the utmost regard and respect. This is especially relevant in regards to women; while he may have his fair share of perverted antics —in that he may occasionally stop time altogether to simply play with a large bosom— Cuda does not allow it to show in public, often expressing a degree of control over his own emotions to prevent himself from embarrassing situations such as suffering bloody noses or anything of the sort. On most occasions, he will take the role of a gentlemen and treat a woman with delicacy and ensure that she is secure at all times. Cuda also prohibits any flirtatious efforts on his own behalf, as it would only give away his secret lust and place him in a situation he would otherwise avoid. However yet, he has had his moments in the past —through the utilization of various charms to seduce women— where he has given into these temptations and even mingled with married women, suggesting he has no known limitations. Taking advantage of his ability to perpetrate time at will and thus, go back in time to make any alterations he sees fit, Cuda has a dirty habit of taking advantage of any sensually attractive women he may come across. Thereafter, he normally "clears" this event from taking place by going back in time and preventing it from happening a second time, all the while utilizing his memory-make to remember the taste of her lips, the touch of her skin, the sound of her cries and altogether the entire scene; the memory is always present within his mind thereafter, and he can literally replay it in his mind an infinite amount of times like it were some sort of video. The subject of women is clearly difficult for Cuda and otherwise contradictory; it seems as though the level of his self control relies almost solely on his perception of a woman's individual beauty.
While it is true that Cuda has difficulty taking a life on most occasions, it should be noted that causing harm and slaughtering someone are two entirely separate subjects —a differentiation that is akin to oil and water. In fact, Cuda enjoys the art of fighting almost as much as he loves women! He strictly believes that through the exchange of fists, mankind can come to know one another, as in it is the first of many stages for one to be able to come to a compromise. Determining the difference in power between two sides is crucial for the world to run properly; if it were not for the varying levels of power, the world would break out into immediate chaos. Likewise, evil is always present and lurking about every corner, so it is essential for the up and coming generations to prepare themselves thoroughly in the arts of dealing justice, as without precautions, darkness would prevail, leaving the world with a lawless imbalance of power. Naturally, Cuda's generosity ties into the battlefield; while he spares his victims, his kindness has resulted in amass production of peers and students alike, who desire to learn from the very best. There is something about bashing another man senseless that has a peculiar place in Cuda's heart, leading him to seek prey for battle as frequently as he searches a partner for intercourse. The man essentially lives his life for two reasons: clearly to aid others in their realization of defeat at his hands, and to help a woman understand the secrets of her body through pleasing methods.
There remains one final dear subject in the life of Cuda somewhat comparable to his interest in both women and fighting, and that is his love for eating. From the break of dawn to sunset, the imposing man of well over two-hundred pounds is known to dine on six different occasions, or once every four hours. With respect to his daily routine, the man consumes twice as much food than the average human, something that is necessary to maintain both his stature and his composure, as without being properly treated, Cuda can become quite the devil. In short, even a man of his caliber is prone to berserk rampages in the absence of proper nourishment; without enough food to devour within a certain period of time, he will unleash his fury in entirety and look to consume possibly even other beings —preferably of the female class— in a desperate time of need, though it should be noted this is done comically and that he does not truly believe in the act of cannibalism, but rather that it is an extension of his perverted antics in full context. Cuda is by no means a picky eater; he will annihilate any edible source upon eye contact, including any bones and or plates used to support the dish. His talent and otherwise quickened pace of eating is a subject of scrutiny, contradicting his well mannered presence and all at the same time, horrifying any small children who may be around at the time.
He Who Weeps
Love was always a trivial matter surrounding the Newgate household. It was not practiced, only established, more or less by the patrons of the main branch who essentially dictated pairings with other noble families. To love another was never truly expected; in fact, it was irrelevant in their eyes when it came to raising an able family. Through thick and thin, the name "Newgate" itself was never said aloud, for the common man feared for his own well being at the thought of bringing upon any unconventional disrespect. They were a notorious clan heralded for their strength and power, of which they had in great abundance, enough to rule over the city of Perianth for well over a century. There were very strict laws within the household, given that a couple was limited to only a single child to prohibit any otherwise meaningless affairs that would have taken away from training and growing stronger, while at the same time, a child was necessary to act as an according successor to his or her parents and carry on the clan legacy. Each generation of the Newgates married within the clan itself to prevent their power from leaking beyond their own personal borders; the failure to protect such a law would result in immediate execution by the household's most prominent forces.
Unfortunately, the sun would hide itself away into the clouds, casting misfortune upon a particular couple within the Newgate household. Elise Newgate had been impregnated for a second time by her husband Walter Newgate, who simply could not keep his hands off his voluptuous mate, a rare sign of affection for a member of the clan. The couple had already produced a rather miraculous child, one who was over a decade old and well assorted in his clan's most secretive techniques; Elise's stomach grew increasingly larger, and the couple was left with few options in order to evade the death penalty. Utilizing magic, Elise was able to hide her child within her womb until the time of her delivery arrived, where she proceeded to birth the child in secret thereafter. Immediately afterwards, however, Elise and Walter were yet again forced to rid of his existence; because they did not have the heart to kill a child of their own, utilizing magic once more, the couple surrounded the new born infant with a durable bubble and cast him out to sea, where he would drift off into the distance towards the other side of the world.
Along his voyage, the child would come across a large ship that took interest in the craftsmanship of the bubble dome he had been sent in and immediately lugged him aboard. The ship was home to a large group of fleeing mages who initially had no idea as to what the bubble may contain; uncovering it was a child, they could not have been more dissatisfied. Nonetheless, even they were unable to rid of the guilt in their hearts and eventually incorporated the baby as their own, taking it along with them to their home island located along the distance of the nation of Fiore. The child was given to a woman by the name of Sarah --who had recently lost her husband-- as some sort of gift of condolence to rid of her wary emotions; Sarah's frown was immediately turned upside down and she happily adopted the child and gave him the name "Cuda". Sarah was a rather mischievous entity who had fled Fiore alongside her husband to conduct research on ancient magic; the couple had managed to obtain a book containing a unique type of sorcery from the library of a Dark Guild and had been in hiding ever since in order to conduct research, with the two having been located several times in the past --one of these instances leading to the eventual demise of her husband.
Though unbeknownst to him, the secluded setting Cuda had been relocated to was the territory of a dark mage cult --they territory belonging to the traitors of the cult, to be exact. Cuda was raised in the environment ignorant of his past; it had never occurred to him --and with good reason-- that he had been adopted, or that the people whom he was now associated with were considered evil by the world at large. Naturally, the boy made the best of his childhood by indulging himself within their peculiar traditions. He was taught the basics of sorcery by Sarah and even managed to decipher the complex script coding of the book he had taken in the past, and acquired the ability to utilize Memory-Make magic at a very young age, albeit loosely and with notable errors that he would have to improve upon by himself in the future. However, while he was still just a boy, the hideout was attacked by the guild of dark mages who sought their book back and as the battle erupted, escaped alongside Sarah. However, realizing that she could not leave her people behind, Sarah transported Cuda back across the ocean towards Fiore and went to provide her support in the fight. Cuda would never see her again.
He Who Seeks
Yet again, Cuda found himself out in the sea. This time around, however, he was old enough to realize the circumstances, and thus, was immediately overcome with various emotions. To make matters worse, his memory-make magic had scarred the last few events into his brain; no matter how hard he tried, Sarah was all Cuda could envision each and every time he closed his eyes and he longed to see her again, even if it would be only for a moment. He ventured out on the ocean for several days, surviving on nothing but the water below him. Finally, he reached Fiore, where his stomach lead him to venture through the woods and uncover an army facility on the sorts managed by none other than the Magic Council. Starving half to death, the boy promised to do as they pleased so long as they provided him with nourishment. Thus began his career under the order, where he trained diligently under their wing to hone his skills and become a pawn. Short on men, the council was to take part in an ensuing battle with the then active Ballam Alliance, an alliance of the world's most notorious dark guilds and so they took Cuda in as fodder, hoping he could last them a few measly seconds.
Day in and day out, Cuda underwent vigorous training sessions to improve his combat abilities. There was no motive behind this aside from continuing to exist; as a boy, he had never truly been given a path to follow, no one had ever told him right from wrong. He had no idea as to how he wanted to go about living his life, though the Magic Council provided him with food and shelter, enough to meet his living standards. For a boy such as himself, there was little else he truly could have done; with access to memory-make magic, Cuda was able to easily memorize distinct patterns and forms, rendering the arts of battle quite easy for him to grasp. In comparison to the rest of the kids around his age who had been transferred to the order, Cuda proved to be truly unique for that reason. However, tragic events lurked about the corner waiting to fall upon him as he continued to progress. For the order had now gained respect for Cuda and offered him a position within the council to better make use of his vast potential.
Despite his rather foolish persona, being inducted into the Custody Enforcement Unit at such a young age, coupled with his extensive usage of Memory-Make magic gained Cuda recognition as a genius. He soon began to partake in various assignments handed down to him by the Magic Council, working diligently and finishing them with little to no effort. It wasn't long before Cuda was stationed as one of the captains of these enforcement units, where he yet again utilized his Memory-Make magic, this time, translating them into leadership skills to demand the respect of his elder subordinates. There was no better place than to make a name for himself than the Magic Council, and through successfully completing these missions, Cuda's name began to spread throughout the world. Around this time, many journalists started comparing him to the other gifted prodigies around his age group, most namely Erza Scarlet and Bacchus Groh, entitling this up and coming generation of young and aspiring mages as the Generation of Miracles (キセキの世代, Kiseki no Sedai).
Eventually, the day of the Magic Council's much anticipated war with the Ballam Alliance had finally arrived. Placing their most powerful asset of warriors on the front lines, the order looked to bring upon an end to the nation's various dark guilds by destroying their very core, so that they would never rise again. Wih the army stood the captains of each unit, among them none other than Cuda. A horrific war took place between both forces, resulting in the bloodshed of several thousands of mages. An ensuing weakness of his Memory-Make magic, Cuda captured these images unintentionally and they began to corrode his mind instantly. Unable to think clearly --as every time he closed his eyes, the memories of one of his comrades corpses opened in his mind-- Cuda went on a berserk rampage, mercilessly slaughtering countless dark mages that came in his way. However, he suffered no consequences for doing so, as it had been apparently done in the name of justice against the most vile dark lords of the world. For his efforts, Cuda was given the moniker "The Prince (プリンス, Purinsu)" after aiding the Magic Council over the Ballam Alliance, and in the process, subduing them effectively. After such a loss, the Ballam Alliance would not be seen again until many years afterwards, with their buildup changing entirely from what it once was.
With the conclusion of the war, Cuda had changed significantly. He could still hear the screams of his comrades begging for mercy within his mind and quite literally replay the horrific events back in his mind like an infinitely looped video. Cuda became unable to sleep at night under such circumstances, with the lack of sleep tacking a toll on both his personality and work ethic. Eventually, Cuda surprised the Magic Council by retiring early and disappeared into the world, seeking help. For many years, his whereabouts remained unknown, though in truth, he had been taken in by an elderly wizard known as "Zaff", who had promised to help cure him of his mental illness. He explained to Cuda that for his condition, time was the most viable cure; he also explained that in order to get his mind off of the subjects that plagued him, he would need to do what he had grown accustomed to during his childhood within the Council and simply hone his skills all the more. Under Zaff, Cuda gained the ability to garner a unique lost magic orientated around the manipulation of time. It was later revealed to him mysteriously that "Zaff" was none other than himself from another timeline; Cuda had come from the future to prevent himself from going down a wrong path, and in the process, eliminated his real mentor from his memory.
He Who Shines
Longing to purify his heart, Cuda sought refuge from the world by conducting various missions without asking for a reward in return. As he grew older, he also began to better understand the supreme abilities that had been bestowed upon him, uncovering their secrets and establishing new spells for them. He had also become quite social; becoming all the more comfortable in his own skin, Cuda discovered that the best way to forget about the past was to make friends and focus on the present and future. Never having had many friends in the past --as there had never truly been any time for socialization-- Cuda was overjoyed with various emotions and desired to be surrounded with people more than anything, seeing as though they fulfilled his broken heart in a way in which he had never quite felt before. His aspirations and desires led him Blue Pegasus, where he began to work under the okama Bob as an S-class wizard. Upon joining the guild, he was united with a fellow member of the Generation of Miracles, who had since become the ace as well, Ichiya Vandalay Kotobuki.
Surrounded with lively peers, Cuda settled with Blue Pegasus and began to live life as a mage. However, his life was far from ordinary, as he had managed to join a guild that was filled with various celebrities and as a result, became a natural under the spotlight. Though it took some adjustment in the beginning, Cuda's life would forever change and have a significant impact of his personality. Constantly waking up to cameras and walking into reporters eventually got into the man's head and he succumbed to the culture wholeheartedly. He soon became a premier model for the Sorcerer's Magazine and accumulated a massive net-worth by finishing several S-ranked missions, all the while forever etching his name within the world of magic. In the modern era, Cuda is nothing short of a superstar, whereby his very presence itself is enough to attract large crowds of admirers. He has relocated to a mansion of his own rivaling that of his guildmaster's in size and has made a habit out of collecting glamorous Magical Vehicles.
Magic and Abilities
Immense Magical Power: From birth, Cuda was blessed with an abundance of magical energy that many who have deemed frightening; with his coming of age, he learned to master it quickly, taming the godsent powers that had nestled and nurtured within him. Even amongst the Ten Wizard Saints, Cuda's supply of energy is overseen as colossal --so refined that it leaves those who are not yet about his level staggering down to their knees, if not blatantly dropping them headfirst into the ground. When Cuda summons forth his inner power, a thick layer of bright red light emerges from inside of his body, exploding and quickly encasing his being in a perfectly aligned shroud akin to aura. Cuda is highly reputed for his control over his magical energy, even despite how difficult it would appear to effectively maneuver such oceanic amounts. In truth, being a master of the Arc of Time, Cuda has become one with his magical containers, whereby triggering their awakening is all but similar to blinking his eyes, a natural phenomenon of the utmost caliber. The earth is known to quake and give way beneath his feet as this aura surges forth, growing increasingly more powerful with each passing second. Even the very heavens themselves tremble in respect to Cuda's might, as a pillar of light from his being ascends into the skies, splitting apart the clouds and invoking daylight about his being, almost as if his soul has testified its worth to the angles above. The display of such gargantuan energy is truly a rare sight, such that even casts an illusion of the sorts, twisting the fabrics of the air about him. Strong winds erupting is also not an uncommon factor during such an event. Despite his previous shortcomings, Cuda's degree of mastery has actually enabled him to weave the literal magical aura seeping from his spirit into solidified objects; in example, Cuda can craft a sword from his own magical energy, turning it into a weapon itself.
Immense Strength: Gruesome in appearance, it is no secret that Cuda possesses an astounding physique, for he has even posed for several swimsuit magazines alongside fellow guildmate Jenny Realight for this very reason, many in which he is seen carrying her with a single arm. His stature is especially prominent due to his otherwise lack of height; while he is by no means short, his mass would be considerate of overweight easily, and thus, he appears far more bulky than even the average bodybuilder. Cuda began to build his body at a very young age at one of the training facilities run by the Magical Council, which may have quite possibly stunted his growth altogether. Naturally, it is quite difficult for the man to find fitting clothes because of his enlarged upper body, though because he is quite wealthy, he more than often has his clothes specially made for him. Referring to his muscles as simply large would certainly be an understatement; they are quite literally spheres in shape and rival melons in size, giving his upper body a much larger appeal than that of his lower half. Various veins can be seen popping out of his flesh as a result of the sheer size of his muscles, and while they slow him down considerably, they in turn provide him with a natural layer of refined defense that is quite difficult to penetrate in itself. Cuda is an avid follower of all of Blue Pegasus' rules and regulations, including their menu. A guild renown for its beauty, all of its members are expected to remain in tiptop shape at all times; to accommodate for this, the guild is home to several top tier chefs who were hired with the sole purpose of producing exquisite meals packed with essential ingredients high in nutrition and of the sorts to ensure the proper bodily growth of all its guildmembers. With this in mind, Cuda is able to live his life without being overly cautious about what he is consuming so long as he relies on the chefs within Blue Pegasus, and additionally if all six of his meals are eaten within the premises of the guild, as it does not allow unhealthy food. In addition, the guild forces its members to undergo several different training regimes --based on the physique of the athlete-- to ensure that each of its members reach their maximum potential. For Cuda, this involves a variety of activities including but not limited to lifting weights, swimming exercises and physical therapy. Without any enhancements, Cuda's strength is still quite formidable, enough to plunge craters into the earth with so much as a single blow. Cuda is able to lift large objects that would otherwise be overlooked as impossible feats, and support multiple persons on his backside at once.
Enhanced Speed: Though not his strong suit, Cuda has still prove to be quite agile on his feet. When not transporting himself through the use of one of his luxurious magical vehicles, Cuda can be seen taking flight through the refined prowess of his telekinesis; however, this is not to say that Cuda has not established a considerable amount of effort in strengthening the various muscles in each of his legs. It is a common fear in the heart of a bodybuilder to skip out on "leg-day", and Cuda would certainly be of no exception in this matter. When on his toes, the man moves rather swiftly, though were it not for the colossal size of his upper body, he would have otherwise been much faster with all of his lateral movements. Naturally speaking, Cuda's speed is not one of his more praiseworthy traits; even so, he has found alternative methods to go about countering this issue as a whole. Surprisingly, there was a time when the man relied heavily on his physical speed, most especially during his youth when he had been inducted as a captain of one of the units under the Magic Council. As a man of superior intellect, it would seem as though Cuda would have been aware of his formalities with the consideration of his speed; even so, it would plausible that he has inquired the outcomes thoroughly within his mind and sacrificed it for the purpose of increasing the many other skills within his arsenal. However, it should be noted that the aforementioned information was primarily aimed in the direction of the literal motion of his feet; while he may easily be out sped in a race, not many can claim to have access to a type of flight that Cuda has. As stated previously, through the power of his telekinesis --bestowed upon him by the presence of his Memory-Make itself, as his mind had capitalized on such energies overtime that it expanded peculiarly, granting him such festivities-- Cuda can conceal his entire being with the same telekinetic energy and like he does with many women, lift himself off of his feet. This is done with the very same principles as any other form of telekinesis; in this case, however, Cuda functions as the object himself, and by keeping track of the connection in the back of his expendable mind, he is able to maneuver himself at will. As such, his telekinetic prowess is based almost entirely on the power of his mind, something he has been building since early in his childhood with access to the ancient magics of Memory-Make magic. When taking flight, his body is illuminated with a light purple aura, like a thin layer that borders his entire figure. The speeds at which he can travel in this state are essentially limitless, much like his intellect. By training his brain through elementary ways --for example, simply reading a book-- Cuda would technically be increasing and training his speed. With such a weapon at his disposal, it would appear as though the only real reason Cuda trains his leg muscles in the modern times is for modeling purposes.
Enhanced Durability: Akin to his colossal stature, Cuda is a man who possesses a natural layer of defense. When a blow is dealt to his body, it must first attempt to penetrate the complex muscle tissues of his flesh before it can even hope to deal any sort of damage. Cuda is even able to survive falls from large heights that would otherwise leave the average person severely wounded; his body almost functions as a cushion of the sort in the given instance, softening his fall and soaking the damage altogether. His body is also openly referred to as iron by the rest of his peers and nakama alike, for the sheer example of how truly difficult it is to get through his refined defenses. With all due respect to his relentlessness and his sheer perseverance to emerge victorious in the eyes of battle, Cuda was gifted with a large supply of stamina that was only honed and amplified in strength since his times with the Magic Council. For these reasons, he does not tire easily; it is almost as if he has a near infinite source of energy with the ferocity he approaches every single one of his matches with. No matter how many times he is let down, the man rises from his grave to fight another day hinting at no clear signs of exhaustion. Cuda also has a high tolerance for pain, flinching barely when his body is targeted by even blades. Because of the makeups of his body, bullets from magical guns cannot penetrate his skin, with the bullets of average supply known to turn to dust upon attempting to do so. However, while a magician, he is still human, meaning that his body, no matter how greatly it may have been trained, has its own fair share of natural weaknesses. There are areas that are prone to be easily cut and penetrated, meaning that the defense Cuda possesses is by no means absolute and a far cry from perfection. If it were truly as superficial as it was made out to be, then there would have been no real reason for the man to have wasted any efforts in learning the arts of sorcery, seeing as though martial arts would have been the more preferable option to go about increasing his strength. By no means is Cuda immortal; in the past, many have successfully caused harm to his body, to the point where it can no longer be heralded as a feat.
Enhanced Reflexes: As a result of his prolonged exposure to Memory-Make magic, Cuda's brain has become nothing short of a supercomputer. His mind was stretched for the purposes of allowing more information to flow in at will, and because it literally memorizes every second of each day, it only continues to grow that much more stronger. With an open mind, Cuda's perception is one of his most accomplished traits; he is able to view the world with an outside perspective on each individual matter, giving him a more in depth look on just about everything. One of the abilities that came with the strengthening of his mind was the ability to thoroughly examine every single event that takes place before his eyes. This is a power of Memory-Make magic that utilizes Cuda's humane senses to scout the arsenal of life. By listening in on a person's footsteps, Cuda is able to memorize the exact pattern and apply it in a more emphasized manner, such as being able to pinpoint how fast that person was moving as well as pinpointing their exact location. Because he is able to do this, Cuda can always see what is taking place and react to it accordingly with his own body. His mind itself has memorized each and every one of his bodily functions in repetitive sequences, giving a name to each and every form Cuda takes with each and every fluctuation of each and every one of his muscles. For Cuda, it almost appears as though his perception of time is greater than the rest of the opposition. The world seems to move at a much slower pace for his brain, allowing him to more carefully make adjustments that are then memorized instantly all the while reading his opponent's movements and analyzing their respective fighting style, using it in turn, to decipher their next move. The power of his mind has also increased his natural senses considerably, allowing him to take advantage of them to more carefully analyze the situation as a whole.
Arc of Time
- "Waver if you must, wail if need be. You cannot defeat me, for time itself is on my side."
- —Cuda's resolve to win
Arc of Time: Without debate, it can be concluded that the most important resource within the element of life is time itself, as without time, nothing would at all be accomplishable. Time effects all beings in the context of any universe, in example, even when a boy is made a man, he is a production of time. Through countless generations, man has relied on the aspects of time to measure his progress, and again to determine a clear estimation of his legacy. There comes a time in everyone's life when they must sit down and think back at what they have done; they understand how valuable time is, and that it is beyond their control, passing through the finger tips with each given second. In the norm, time is not something you can earn back; it is lost forever without so much as a warning. Man is unable to fulfill his promises because of the amount of time he is given, longing to accomplish all the goals he initially set out to achieve, believing he would have been able to do so, if only he had more time. It is a common case for all beings inhabiting the entire universe! All of mankind bellows out in the agony of failure, resenting their past mistakes; if only they all had been given more time to do as they pleased —but no, it was not within their grasp. Even the most successful rulers of the world are unable to purchase more time with their riches; it is accepted as a fact that father time is the eternal victor, knowing no equal, having proved it relentlessly —time after time— that it cannot be overcome. That is because time essentially controls lives; from the moment of birth, the amount of time a single being can spend in any one world is determined —and that conclusion is final, for no one has ever managed to oppose time in the past. Speaking now, of the past, that itself relates to the subject of time. It is a truly lethal case, as it is that one such element that effects all things within existence, from this parallel universe to the next. No one can escape time, because time itself has given them everything they know.
In ancient times, there existed a select few mages who had been deemed so powerful, that they had literally established time as their weapon. They were quite literally able to manipulate it to their liking, doing with it as they wished. Overtime, this magic became known as the "arc of time", most nearly due to the significance it portrayed to the essence of time. The magic proved to be truly complex in nature, as very few mages had ever been able to grasp the fundamentals of it, let alone master it completely. Eventually, there came a time when it was inscribed into a book and kept away for safekeeping, so that it could be used again in the future. However yet, in the same instance, that particular era of mages succeeding the aforementioned was unable to produce anyone capable to sustaining such knowledge; as a result, the arc of time became irrelevant, to the point where its disappearance had caused the world to forget it at large. It still managed to survive, barely at that, and through the form of mere pages; to acquire such a piece of ancient history would truly be difficult, if not impossible. Even to those archeologists and of relating to the sort who made careers studying artifacts of the past, receiving any knowledge of the arc of time especially was an unforgiving task in nature. But they managed, nonetheless, because time was on their side, quite ironically. They would behold their triumphant victory by deciphering the rich coding, only to ultimately witness the very information they spent their lives obtaining vanish from the palm of their hands in to the palms of another, more wealthy man, who had invested his fortunes into getting it for himself.
The knowledge in pertinence to the arc of time was last seen in the possession of Ultear, the daughter of Ur, and before that, her mentor, Hades, more frequently addressed as the second guild master of the Fairy Tail Guild. Following the latter's demise, the containments of his library were searched by various mages in the hopes of acquiring knowledge of Zeref, amongst other affiliates of dark guilds as well as the Magic Council itself, who sought to keep the books to themselves for "safekeeping". A battle ensued for the lost magics, though in the end, it mattered not, as one way or another, the book ended up in its rightful place, almost as if the magic within chose its master. Initially, the book was placed within the hands of some scientists who sought to study it, until they were given a price they could not decline —a price that may have even allowed them to get their hands on various other lost magics in turn. With little hesitation, a compromise was made, and Cuda had yet again utilized his wealth to do as he pleased, knowing darn well that the mulla he had donated would soon be his in due time. As a man of Memory-Make magic and of superior intellect, Cuda understood the power of that particular lost magic; if was the most powerful element in the world and the most powerful magic in the world and he believed that it would someday make him the most powerful man in the world. A goal had been set in stone, and Cuda sought to expand on his already brilliant career; if he too —like those select few who came before him— could learn to utilize this magic, it would make him the finest puppeteer in all of the world.
The manipulation of time was truly a magnificent tool to add to his arsenal. In more ways than one, Cuda began to feel invincible. Never before had he imagined being able to harness such power during his lifetime. The concept proved to be difficult; far more difficult than any other he had come around before. However, with the use of his Memory-Make magic, it made it all the more less difficult, because the word "easy" could not at all describe the efforts he had to place forth. Learning from a book was nostalgic, in that it reminded him of his past; he had learned to utilize Memory-Make from a book as a child, and oddly enough, the two major magics within his arsenal would both come from books, and not something he copied directly from another person. With good reason, naturally, seeing as though he would only really go on to master magics that he himself had mustered enough energies to thoroughly analyze; there was only so much he could see through Memory-Make. Learning from a book brought upon an entirely new perspective, and truly made for an entirely different experience, one that he enjoyed, undoubtedly. For, it gave him a reason to wake up in the morning, and something to look forward to. Even with the man's famed intellect and strong work ethic —when it counts, anyway— it still took him years to truly grasp the concept of the arc of time in its entirety; however, he never feared the amount of time it would take him to learn it, knowing well within himself that he would soon gain that time altogether.
There shall not exist any other power greater than that of time, for the element of time is present at all times, something that no being within this universe can ever imagine to evade. With his mastery over the arc of time lost magic, Cuda has claimed to transcend the borders of human qualities into that of an otherworldly being. His reasons are valid in reasoning, and have both provoked and refined his arrogance; anyone would be arrogant if they had a firm grasp over time. A truly spoiled man, as he is, his fame has seen no true limitations, as it was that itself that poised him to earn this power. The fortunes he had invested to get his hands on the magic were quickly recovered the very moment he proved able enough to be compatible with it, for, he is a truly cunning man, one who lurks under the radar to achieve greater heights. One of the powers granted to him by the arc of time was the sheer ability to manipulate the time of objects, and to a greater extent, living beings. This was proven by Ultear, who had managed to awaken the second magic containers of the Fairy Tail Guild sometime before the Grand Magic Games of X791. There existed a brand within the magic itself that allowed the user to manipulate their own time, enabling them to quite literally time travel, though the more drastic the time skip, the more of a risk it carried. Cuda never sought to travel back into the past to befriend dragons or into the future to admire the beauty of his own grandchildren; no, Cuda sought to win the lottery time and time again, until he reclaimed the fortune that was so rightfully his.
- Restore (レストア Resutoa): One of the most profound abilities of the arc of time is its ability to "restore" time. This is initiated through the eye, translating Cuda's pupil from the norm into a more dazzling array of vibrant beams that essentially lock onto their target through the line of sight, before finally encompassing their energies in whole and reverting time to an earlier checkpoint. The true power of the spell lies in its ability to revert essentially any object; there is no save file that must be made before hand, leaving the user with a degree of versatility. In example, when an object is destroyed, Cuda is able to quite literally restore the object back to its previous state through mere eye contact alone, no matter what condition the aforementioned object may be within. Additionally, Cuda's prowess has enabled him to use this technique on himself, nullifying any damage that may have been dealt to him beforehand by reverting his physical condition to an earlier instance. Following the same principles, Cuda can almost spawn objects out of thin air, restoring the fabric of time within the palm of his hand to an earlier instance; for example, had he been holding a banana in his hand at an earlier point in time, Cuda can then revert his hand into that time frame to regenerate the banana. This function is highly versatile in that Cuda can revert the time frame of different locations of his body in the same instance, allowing him to spawn an array of different items. This also extends to different areas; if a plane had been sitting ideal on a field some few hours earlier, Cuda could revert the time of the field to generate himself another plane. This is a very convenient trick by a business man of Cuda's caliber, given that he can supply himself with various objects rather than spend his money to purchase them.
- Chocolate Rain (チョコレートレイン, Rein no Chokoreeto): Cuda's manipulation of time allows him to control the time of an object, most nearly meaning that he solely decides on what timeline it exists upon, whether it be in the past, present, or even the future. By placing the object into the future, Cuda almost gains the ability to see into the future; he is able to control future possibilities of the object, and with similar principles as the "restore" spell, spawn essentially an endless supply of a particular substance. The Chocolate Rain is initiated first and foremost through the use of the restore spell, utilizing it to call upon a single black canon ball that had been in the palm of Cuda's hand at an earlier point in time. This canon ball represents the "chocolate" in the name of the technique, taking after Cuda's love for chocolate chips. This canon ball is then multiplied in what appears to be an infinite amount of times, covering each square unit of space in a designated area, all of which portray possibilities as to where the ball could land in the future --a combination of two principles of time. These are then set off in an eternal chain of endless explosions to annihilate the target. Because he is able to extend his prowess to his own physical being, Cuda is capable of using this spell to create replications of himself. Ultear refers to a similar usage of this technique as "Flash Forward".
- Cease (やめる, Yameru): Perhaps the most powerful asset of the arc of time itself resides within its ability to stop time as a trait of manipulation. By simply uttering the word aloud, Cuda "freezes" the time within a certain location; acting as the catalyst, an invisible barrier essentially spreads out with an ample radius of several meters. Everything caught within it is immediately "frozen", causing all moving objects to stop dead in their tracks. This includes even the breathing of a living human being, though no penalty is issued as it is, as Cuda himself essentially enters what appears to be a realm of his own, where the whole world is colored orange and all movement has come to an abrupt end. He is then free to do as he pleases for an exact amount of sixty seconds, or one full minute, before the spell cancels itself and is rendered unusable for an extended period of time. However, one minute is generally more than ample time for Cuda to conduct whatever sort of business he intends to accomplish, and it should be noted that the timer is set only for the larger scale version of the technique, and not within the property itself. Cuda is still able to halt enemy projectiles without any known restrictions so long as he targets that object individually and not an entire area as before. Once the object has been "frozen", more often than not, Cuda can make the object vanish into thin air by simply speeding up the item through its life cycle and into its demise, or even by simply reverting time to an earlier instance in which that object did not exist.
- Expose (出す, Dasu): This technique follows the basic principles of that Chocolate Rain in that Cuda is able to determine the future possibilities of any given object, even the vacuum of air itself. By contracting the air into the future, Cuda can foresee glimpses of the future and predict the movements of the air with incredible accuracy. This ability can be applied in numerous ways, the most beneficial of which is referred to by Cuda as "Expose". By concentrating the magical energies within his body into his eyes, Cuda can send his own eyes into the future; even just a few seconds into the future is extremely lethal, as through the use of Memory-Make, Cuda is thereafter able to instantaneously memorize what occurs in the future and take precautions. This allows him to analyze the every move of his enemies with vivid detail; akin to the traits of Memory-Make magic, this includes up until the very breath his opponent may take, making for an examination that is out of this world. When combined with his usage of Heaven's Eye, Cuda can see the future from many different angles, giving him eyes in the back of his head to which he can use to evade incoming attacks from all three hundred sixty degrees. The name of the spell refers to the fact that the secrets of the enemy are made presentable to Cuda in full context, often times leaving them appalled as to how he may be pulling off such extraordinary feats, akin to that of a psychic.
- Requip: The power to store objects into a pocket dimension in order to call upon them at any time during the day; Cuda learned to utilize Requip magic through his admiration of former S-class Fairy Tail mage, Erza Scarlet, who he longed to make his before her sudden disappearance in the year of X784. By constantly being around her and witnessing her strength in battle, Cuda was able to utilize his Memory-Make magic to thoroughly analyze the prowess of Titania and that alone enabled him to make it his, albeit at a much more minuscule level. Another reason he put himself through this was for Corona, the celestial spirit that is summoned through the golden key held within his possession. While he has no use for celestial spirit magic in battle, Cuda has made it one of his more enjoyable past time activities by engaging in lewd sequences with Corona, to which his many aspirations have negated any form of guilt he may have other wised contrived. Cuda's main use of Requip magic comes in the form of storing various lingerie and tight fitted dresses for Corona whenever she can come to visit; this makes his moments with her all the more enjoyable, and adds to his list of fetishes. However, beyond skimpy clothing, his pocket dimension is used to store lacrima, among other necessary items a high profile mage may be accustomed to using on a daily basis. As a cover model for Sorcerer's Magazine, Cuda must change his outfit several times within the time frame of a single day especially during one of his many photo shoots. The ability to quickly alternate from one outfit to the other is a true blessing in that regard and allows him to maximize on the sheer efficiency of the program and in turn appear in as many magazines and articles as possible. Cuda's pocket dimension is quite durable and is capable of holding objects as large as magical vehicles; this allows Cuda to transport a piece of equipment essentially anywhere, making for a more efficient means of transportation in this case. With his ensuing prowess, Cuda has implemented the usage of his requip directing into his arc of time. Now, instead of storing items in a pocket dimension, he is instead able to reforge the desired material from thin air by recalling an earlier memory in which he had a firm grasp of it.
- Second Origin Release (二原解放, Nigen no Kaihou): The body of a wizard is truly unique; there exists a magical container that stores and holds the magical energies of the user, accommodating to their own prowess. The more powerful a mage is, the more amount of magical energy they are able to hold and utilize during battle. Slayer type mages are even able to replenish their energy reserves by consuming their signature element; Cuda can perform a similar miracle by simply reverting his body into an earlier instance where his magical container had not yet been utilized, thereby restoring his reserves effectively. For many centuries, mages were believed to have only a single magical container, until the theory of multiple containers within the body surfaced sometime in the modern era. Scientists immediately got to work, until it had been uncovered; while still unknown by most, Cuda was made aware of this information after the exploit of Fairy Tail during the Grand Magic Games of X791, in which he clearly heard Erza Scarlet --a woman he has an insurmountable amount of sexual desire for-- utter the words "Second Origin Release". Immediately upon witnessing this, Cuda began to ponder upon what sort of spell she had casted, and with the conclusion of the Games, he took to his research. In time, Cuda came to understand the mechanics of the body of a wizard enough to provoke the self release of his second magical container. He found that he experienced excruciating pain, of which he took in full bloom, accepting the challenge instead of relying on his prowess with the arc of time to negate the feeling, claiming within his mind that is was the more manlier thing to do in the given instance. The release of the second magical container spread an ancient script across Cuda's body, taking the form of a curse mark. With its release, Cuda was granted an insurmountable amount of power, increasing his strength several times over. This is boost in ability is referred to as his true power, and is kept sealed until otherwise necessary. Likewise, through the reverse principles of the very same means, Cuda can lock the second magical container of all of those select few mages who had been fortunate enough to awaken its power, depleting their power considerably, whilst bringing upon a similar level of pain that was experienced during its initial awakening.
Celestial Spirit Magic: While he is considered even by himself to be nothing more than a loose celestial spirit mage, Cuda does in fact have a golden key within his possession, the Gate of the Mistress, which he acquired the same way as any other magic item under his arsenal, by utilizing his grand fortune. It is revered as one of the many pseudo-zodiac keys and is used to summon Corona, a maid-like celestial spirit much like Virgo, though with her own noticeable differences. For one, while she too takes a humanoid form, her physical appearance more thoroughly resembles a more mature woman in her middle ages with large breasts and a top model physique, complete with ample hips and a lush rear end. In fact, Corona is married to another celestial spirit and resides together with her family in the Celestial Spirit World, and as a result, can only be summoned for a few hours each night. Cuda calls upon her assistance to conduct a vast array of house chores, which more often than not includes a bit of dirty work, such as fulfilling his own devilish desires. It is for this very reason that Cuda had searched so frantically for Corona's key in the first place; finding her image in one of the many books he had come across during his days, he memorized it instantly, longing to make her his for the rest of eternity. While it may not be the most praiseworthy task per se, it is a command of a celestial spirit mage nonetheless, and the orders must be executed without error. While a vile assignment in nature, Cuda treats Corona with a level of respect that is hard to understand. For one, he placed himself through the efforts of learning Requip magic all for her sake; through the utilization of the aforementioned magic, he is able to call upon the many skimpy outfits he purchases in order for her to change her attire before each and everyone of their "meetings". Corona herself has come to accept her fate, and while she may never admit to enjoying the sort of work she is forced to do, she performs at a high level nonetheless and carries through each and individual task with profound enthusiasm. Still yet, aside from her role as Cuda's courtesan, Corona has an array of abilities worthy of consideration, most of which have no functions beyond supplementary purposes.
Memory-Make: They say that knowledge is power and that there is nothing more sophisticated in the entire world. For this very belief, children must attend to an education against their will, all in the hopes of producing a generation of geniuses; of course, this never happens, most nearly because of the amount of time it takes on such individual to learn any one material. Learning, in Cuda's case, was the beginning of wealth; it allowed for him to acquire the set of skills that he would need to utilize in the prime and wake of his career in order to become all the more successful. Even those rebellious children who never paid any real attention in class only really regret it in the end. Certainly, if anyone was able to choose between being extremely intelligent, or very foolish, any person with a right mind would elect to have their mind stored with knowledge. More often than not, it is the work ethic of man that gets in the way of his own goals in motives; if only there was enough time to do as you pleased and still have time to study the proper materials to set yourself upon the right path. If only learning new material did not take so long; if only life was easier. Mankind stumbled upon this wish for what appeared to be all of eternity, until alas; the age of magicians drew near and in ancient times, a magic in pertinence to the mind had been invoked.
It would have been a widely acknowledged fact that to obtain such magic would never have been quite fundamental; in more ways than one, it would most nearly be one of the most useful elements to have access to, if not the most, even perhaps surpassing Cuda's prowess with the arc of time. However, this is when considering the fact that if it were not for this particular brand of magic, the arc of time itself would not have become accessible to him like it did; no, more than likely Cuda would not have been half the man he is now if it were not for this magic. Heralded as the "Memory-Make", it is known to be a caster-type magic of the utmost magnitude. It was a truly ingenious creation, breathing life into the production of life. Akin to any other molding magic, Memory-Make relies extensively upon the prowess of the user; however yet, it is without a doubt the most flashiest of all molding magics, allowing Cuda to instantaneously replicate the abilities of another mage through all but a single glance. This is where the true power of Memory-Make resides, within its analytical prowess, which quite literally is second to none. With such a weapon at his disposal, Cuda can memorize anything and everything his natural sense lay their "sights" upon, and then thereafter utilize the extracted information to conduct a more thorough strategy based upon it. Additionally, any spell that Cuda copies is forever stored within his mind, which he can thereafter call upon at any given moment to use in battle once more, essentially enriching him with an endless supply of magic. There is no element that Cuda cannot control with credit to Memory-Make magic; there are no limitations to the strength of this man because of the fate the befalls him.
For a magic that allows the wielder to instantaneously memorize all that he perceives, it was only a matter of time for Cuda to become a tamer of all four basic elements; though they may not be quite as practiced as he would have hoped, Cuda has access to air, fire, water and earth magic all through the use of his memory-make magic. By calling upon both the memories of his experiences with the elements and his interactions with other mages who had utilized the elements against him, Cuda added a number of elemental spells into his arsenal, which he can combine to reach a power of new levels. For example, though he may not attentively have full control over wind magic, it is still possible for Cuda to combine the element of wind with that of water to produce ice, and fuse fire with earth to create magma. Of course, there is a severe limitation in regards to the actual strength of these techniques, simply due to the fact that he himself cannot claim to be a mage of any of those particular elements; the time he invested in utilizing his lost magics could never compare to that of his elemental magic, and therefore, when met with a mage who has specialized in any of those magics, he would be at a clear disadvantage. These are rarely ever used in battle, if at all, though they exist within his arsenal simply because of the fact that his brain had memorized them without so much as his consent.
- Read: The ability to control memories is quite fortunate, especially in Cuda's case. His prowess with Memory-Make magic extends beyond his own being. By coming into physical contact with his opponent, Cuda is thereafter able to distinguish a mental link akin to telepathy and transfer information he may be seeking --in short, Memory-Make magic grants Cuda the literal ability to read minds. This power has a few uses worth mentioning. First and foremost, it is more commonly used for interrogation purposes. After the link has been created, Cuda can peer into the past of the victim and literally play back their entire lifetime within his own mind. This works even if the person in question has forgotten fractions of their past or even created mental blockades to prevent that information from being extracted. Furthermore, the speed in which Cuda is able to read minds is worth praising. Several years worth of time can be analyzed within mere seconds. Additionally, not unlike the rest of his arsenal, this spell can be combined with his arc of time to reach a new level of potency. After memorizing the key event of a person's past, Cuda can imbed himself within the memory to alter that person's memory completely. In the past, he has called upon this power to take advantage of married women who would have otherwise stayed loyal to their husbands. Naturally, this power is much more refined than any illusion, as he is quite literally able to transport himself back in time as opposed to simply creating a false hallucination. Once the link has been established, Cuda can torment his prey at will; however, the link can be broken, though more than likely, one would have to possess an intellect equivalent to Cuda, or perhaps even greater; seeing as though that alone is quite unlikely, surviving of the effects of the technique is more than just difficult. Furthermore, once the link has been setup, Cuda no longer requires physical contact with the target to read their mind. Instead, he is able to do so from a distance, and for the most part, without the knowledge of the victim.
- Forget: This is a spell that relies heavily upon the concentration of its user, in this case, Cuda. Because he is always alert and quite literally refuses to drop his guard at any given second, Cuda memorizes everything he hears, sees and smells instantaneously as if it were second nature, all of which is credited to his usage of Memory-Make magic. Everything in the world carries some sort of memory-- whether that be a living on non-living subject. Time is always flowing, and so the last second in itself becomes history. However, there was always a time before the current time, in which certain elements were not yet present. Utilizing this plausible explanation, Cuda can quite literally negate the existence of certain materials. Were he to come across a particular mailbox that had been colored pink, of all colors, and assuming the man did not like pink as a color very much, Cuda could tap into his memory and memorize the object, before forcing himself to forget it, effectively causing the object to be deleted, literally, from the real world. This was an ability Cuda picked up much later in his lifetime; initially, he was unable to forget fragments of his past, and it drove him insane, to the point where he began to lose himself into the darkness. Even now that it is possible for him to erase some of his memories, there are some he chooses to keep for personal reasons, and some that he is unable to forget. While he may be a practitioner of some of the world's most profound magics, Cuda is still a human by all means. He is prone to habits and addictions just as anyone, and thus, he is unable to get himself over the mountain in regards to his interest in women. They are his greatest weakness, and though he would dare not allow his pride to get in between his life, eliminating that lust in his heart would be tragic; in fact, that trait alone is such a significant part of him as a person, that he would be changing himself entirely were he to go through with such a maneuver.
- Memory-Make: Afterimage: Another technique that can be recreated through the use of his arc of time, the afterimage spell allows Cuda to create replications of himself, however, unlike the time equivalent, this one is much more versatile. For starters, this clone can be generated more quickly, and peculiarly, much more efficiently, for in detail, it once was indeed Cuda. Because he is able to instantaneously memorize whatever is present in his surroundings, including the perceptions of himself and his opponents, Cuda can leave behind his literal memory, taking the form of none other than himself. This is done through the power of Cuda's mind alone and targets the memories of his opponent. For this reason, it is quite unexpected and cannot technically be countered, given that no one would be able to predict it accordingly, especially taking in the fact that Cuda himself has the ability to fluctuate time. The clone is further enhanced through the arc of time; by going into the future, Cuda memorizes the future enriching the clone with futuristic capabilities, of which relate to receiving a code. With this function, the clones can be given assignments and will run errands for Cuda.
- Rainbow Fire: Fire Magic is one of the more controversial topics in the magical world. Many mages have established names for themselves through the extensive use of flames, and overtime, others have learned to combat the suspiciously large number of fire orientated mages effectively. In addition, a peculiar number of slayers have surfaced claiming to be of firey descent and have made fire magic all the more trivial; very few mages nowadays even bother with fire these days because of this reason, as it essentially has turned into more of a setback than a benefit. Nonetheless, Cuda still blatantly refers to himself as a fire mage and cares very little that they can be eaten by a large number of enemies and used to turn the tables upon him rather quickly. Cuda's variation of fire magic comes in the form of the Rainbow Fire, which is, by all means, a unique take on fire altogether. While most others focus on the sheer power of their flames, Cuda instead focuses on the complexity of his, changing their properties to fit whatever situation he may be placed within. Rainbow Fire Magic essentially allows him to alter the color of his fire upon will, with versatility quite literally matching the colors of the rainbow. However yet, Cuda's focus relies primarily with blue flames; and while they have proven to be susceptible to any type of slayer in the past, Cuda's relentlessness on the matter has poised him to utilize them in any way he sees fit, even if they may come to bite him in the very end. Cuda's prowess with fire magic cannot be denied; much like any other fire mage, his flames possess the sheer power to burn and singe a foe upon contact. The true power in fire magic relies within the fact that, in actuality, the flames would not need to even make contact with the enemy in order to deal damage; simply by created an atmosphere in which would prove difficult to survive within for just about anybody, Cuda can ware down his opponents with ease. This can be executed just by igniting a forest fire, by example; upon being surrounded within his flames, his opponent's lose the ability to breathe properly, something humans must do in order to survive. This would leave them at an unprecedented disadvantage they would not be able to deny, as even were they the most powerful of beings in the entire world, they would not be able to surpass the reality of their humanism. Likewise, the flames give off an incredible amount of heat, enough to melt objects made of metals such as swords and other tools. The heat from the flames can also be used in a more well versed manner to quite literally boil the bodily liquids in a person's body, causing them to burst with the right amount of exposure.
Telekinesis: Cuda has access to a refined form of telekinesis as a result of possessing two types of magic that partially touch base on the subject, the arc of time, and memory-make, respectively. Telekinesis is the power bestowed upon the finest of sorcerers in the history of the magical world. In fact, the name of sorcery was derived essentially from the aspect of manipulating materials from afar without truly coming into physical contact with them; telekinesis in that regard allows Cuda, above all else, to literally encompass the energies of his mind to conduct chores he would otherwise be rendered unable to do based off angular positioning alone. Cuda's most frequent usage of this technique is to quite literally be able to multitask, the ability to perform more than one assignment at a time. While he is, for example, on the phone with a client, and the doorbell just so happens to be rang, and under the circumstance that one of his maids was unable to attend to it for whatever matter, Cuda could simply focus his attention upon the doorknob itself and turn it open, welcoming his guest. This is, of course a rather supplementary usage, though telekinesis can be utilized in battle as well. One such example is with which Cuda is able to fly; through the power of his telekinesis --bestowed upon him by the presence of his Memory-Make itself, as his mind had capitalized on such energies overtime that it expanded peculiarly, granting him such festivities-- Cuda can conceal his entire being with the same telekinetic energy and like he does with many women, lift himself off of his feet. This is done with the very same principles as any other form of telekinesis; in this case, however, Cuda functions as the object himself, and by keeping track of the connection in the back of his expendable mind, he is able to maneuver himself at will. As such, his telekinetic prowess is based almost entirely on the power of his mind, something he has been building since early in his childhood with access to the ancient magics of Memory-Make magic. When taking flight, his body is illuminated with a light purple aura, like a thin layer that borders his entire figure. The speeds at which he can travel in this state are essentially limitless, much like his intellect. Additionally, akin to a gravitational pull, he is able to control objects up to the bodies of his opponents to attract them towards himself.
Magical Vehicle: With an ocean of money to throw around, Cuda figured he'd treat himself to some of the more luxurious festivities made available to him through the possession of an abundance of jewels alone. Upon investing in a large mansion with a garage capable of supporting sixteen vehicles, Cuda quickly got to work searching the world for way to fill that empty void, as walking through it each day gave him a bit of an empty feeling in his heart. For a man who has no true limitations, looking for valuable merchandise was not truly a formidable task; in actuality, it was rather uncomplicated, and relying upon the archive prowess of fellow guildmate Hibiki Lates, Cuda was able to find exactly what he was looking for. The vehicles of the magic world enable the driver an obvious quicker means of transportation. They are known in Earth Land to run on the magical energy of the mage inhabiting it, possessing Self-Energy Plugs that are to be fastened around the figure of a person in a similar fashion to seat belts in order to seep energy. However, in modern times, newer technology has enabled scientists to remodel their vehicles to rival the standards and conditions of the vehicles in Edolas; each of Cuda's cars rely on lacrima as fuel, and thus, never truly burden him as he almost always has more in supply through his fundamental usage of Requip magic.
Gale-Force Reading Glasses: Within the magical world, there exists a type of spectacles that allow the user to read a certain text at a blinding pace. This is presumably due to the lenses of these glasses having been made from lacrima, or so lies the case within Cuda's pair. In exact, the set of glasses belonging to Cuda have been labeled with the efficiency to read with the 384x model, rendering them one of the more refined pieces of technology in the world when it comes exclusively to discussing eyewear. The pair of shades take the appearance of fancy sunglasses, though one would assume them to typical in fashion for a celebrity of Cuda's level. He normally wears them to accompany him during his nightly reading sessions just before his bedtime; based off of his schedule, Cuda saves exactly an hour worth of reading time for each night, nothing more and nothing less. With privilege to Memory-Make magic, this allows the man to remember whatever he reads instantaneously, filling his head with a large abundance of knowledge on every given day. To Cuda, to go a day without learning even one measly idea would be a severe waste. His reading knows no real preferability, meaning the man reads anything from picture books to informative textbooks. Through the power of magic, they also supply the wielder with an internal light source, thus allowing Cuda to see in the dark.
Lacrima: For those who are privileged enough to possess some sort of magical ability, lacrima have become an essential part of daily life. No matter what one may desires, there is seemingly a solution to every single desire in the form of a lacrima. They are cherished especially in the nation of Fiore, though their admiration has extended as far as to other dimensions, most namely Edolas, where the citizens once made frequent use of lacrima orientated magic before ultimately losing it altogether. Naturally, lacrima are in high demand within Earth Land and serve many unique functions; their versatility may range from replacing television monitors all the way to acting as fuel for magically empowered vehicles. As a man of illustrious riches, Cuda has invested stocks in various lacrima and incorporated them into his mansion for a more efficient means of living. For him personally, it would not be uncharacteristic to make an assumption regarding his sheer reliability when it comes to lacrima, as he literally utilizes several different kinds within the morning itself, just after waking up and even before leaving the house. Calling upon the power of a very subtle level of Requip, Cuda can make use of various lacrima orientated technologies in a matter of seconds.
- Communications Crystal: A man heralded for his fame, it is a very celebrated honor that Cuda is one of the more well known mages throughout the world; he is busy almost always, leading others to ponder upon the fact whether he truly has even a second's worth of time to breath on his own. Cuda is an intellectual man with many contacts, whether it be a friend to share a secret with, an agent or manager to scold, a fan to avoid, or simply a business partner to strategize with, Cuda needed some way to communicate with the many people involved in his life, with the answer coming to him in the form of a lacrima, something he had already been quite well acquainted with. Taking the physical appearance of a magical orb of the sorts, the lacrima is believed to have been constructed with some of the finest crystals known to mankind. It is empowered by a unique telepathic aura, allowing Cuda to quite literally stare into it and send a signal to an allied lacrima, thereby synching a connection in order to contact someone else. Once the connection has been setup, the face of whomever Cuda is speaking to appears like a video within the sphere, while projecting his own to the other party. Cuda's particular lacrima enables him to make up to five connections at once, meaning he is able to communicate with five different people at a time, making it an efficient method to hold meetings or catch up with a large group.
Gate of the Mistress Key: A key that is worn around Cuda's neck in the form of a necklace. It is responsible for his sole use of celestial spirit magic and is utilized to summon the Corona the mistress. It was acquired by Cuda in a very delicate manner: through the use of his riches. The key was located in fact by Hibiki Lates, who utilized his archive magic to track it down and later purchased by Cuda for a grand total of 75,000 . Cuda calls upon her assistance to conduct a vast array of house chores, which more often than not includes a bit of dirty work, such as fulfilling his own devilish desires. It is for this very reason that Cuda had searched so frantically for Corona's key in the first place; finding her image in one of the many books he had come across during his days, he memorized it instantly, longing to make her his for the rest of eternity. While it may not be the most praiseworthy task per se, it is a command of a celestial spirit mage nonetheless, and the orders must be executed without error.
Ichiya Vandalay Kotobuki: Noticing a member of the Miracles had pledged loyalty to Blue Pegasus, it had grown to become of interest to Cuda to join forces with Ichiya in the effort of producing a guild that could rival Fairy Tail; seeing as though it had nurtured itself as a force to be reckoned with, having accumulated one half of the Miracles itself with Mirajane and Erza respectively, though even with their additions, it had mages far beyond their level. Ichiya was essentially the reason Cuda had joined Blue Pegasus; in order to situate himself more thoroughly, Cuda established Ichiya as his rival with whom he would compete with in order to become all the more powerful. With the right motive came the right work ethic, and overtime, Cuda and Ichiya led Blue Pegasus through a new era of fame and popularity where they received grueling attention from the media at all times. Ichiya is also the current ace of Blue Pegasus; oddly enough, Cuda is not at all riled up by this fact and instead addresses a man who is inferior in power to him as his superior, paying his respects most nearly because the man is older than he is, and the fact that he had been the reason for his own arrival within the guild itself.
Jenny Realight: Cuda and Jenny have a very open relationship; though the two are set apart by their gender differences, they have become quite well acquainted nonetheless. Even so, they are believed to be the spotlight of the magical world, given that Blue Pegasus is the home for the world's greatest celebrities and they themselves have taken the role as its most prominent members. They are believed to be partners in crime, in that they very frequently appear alongside one another in various advertisements and share many of the same endorsements. The growing sense of formality the two exhibit when together has led some to believe that they are secretly dating, though both parties have denied any truth to such trivial rumors, despite their carefree behavior with one another suggesting otherwise. Cuda has great respect for Jenny, which is more or less overshadowed by his desire to take her to bed. The two are the subject of much popularity and function as the hosts of Blue Pegasus among other things, most generally meaning they symbolize the two halves of the guild with their presence alone. The two speak frequently, with Cuda's communication lacrima holding Jenny as the very first option for speed dialing, and it is worth noting that the man keeps a file of her lewd swimsuit photos within his mind, which he has literally memorized with regards to his memory-make magic.
Hibiki Lates: Despite his considerable skills with archive magic, Cuda essentially views Hibiki as nothing more than a mere pawn --a pawn he takes advantage of quite frequently. Whenever it is that he needs something, Cuda always turns to Hibiki; in fact, with Jenny as his number one option on the speed dial of his communication lacrima, Hibiki is number two, a position he gained even above the likes of Ichiya solely because of how much Cuda relies on his magic. Hibiki is quite oblivious of Cuda's true feelings for him; being a gifted actor nonetheless, Cuda treats Hibiki like a brother and addresses him formally. However yet, behind the scenes, Cuda cannot get himself to like a man who believes himself to be more good looking than he, a trait he dislikes within all male members of Blue Pegasus. Nonetheless, it was through Hibiki's skills that Cuda acquired his celestial spirit magic and many of his magical vehicles; while he may not explicitly like him, he cannot blatantly claim to dislike him either. In all due respect, Hibiki is Cuda's right hand man and never once asked for anything in return no matter how many errands he ran for the man, most nearly because his understanding of Cuda's nature. They are at the moment not on very good terms, seeing as though Hibiki topped Cuda in the list for the most attractive male model and was seen publicly in a lip lock with Jenny, someone Cuda wanted for himself.
Generation of Miracles
- "Just how might this be? Is there truly such a horrendous difference within our levels of strength? Erza Scarlet, you are all but too charming not to be mine!"
- —Cuda after his defeat at the hands of Erza
Erza Scarlet: During their youth, Erza was the headliner of the Generation of Miracles, and even to this day, remains the most prominent member, having forever etched her legacy into the world of magic through her many victories over formidable foes and through the successful completion of many difficult missions, including taking down the Balam Alliance. Erza and Cuda met for the first time even prior to becoming members of the famed Miracles; however, there more "meaningful" confrontation would not be until years afterward. On one such occasion --upon already having established himself as an S-class mage-- Cuda publicly challenged Erza to a sparring match, secretively setting a bit of a stake for his own self interest. Of course, in regards to Erza's sensual physique, the man had somehow convinced the beauty into accepting a term in which she would follow him into his master bedroom and sleep with him had he managed to defeat her; unfortunately, Cuda was completely overwhelmed in the match and even eventually lost consciousness, though much to his surprise, the red head did not take anything in return. Cuda had been ridiculed by his own arrogance, and pondered upon how there could have been such a large gap in their strength when they had been sublimed to the same team; he sought to avenge his loss and began to train much harder, with the motive of claiming her lush rear end as a reward.
Mirajane Strauss: As is the case with all pneumatic female models, Mirajane simply took Cuda's breath away in their initial meeting, mostly in regards to her large bosom and ample hips. Cuda is on his best behavior before Mirajane, hoping to win her heart; even so, it may be a bit much at times, as he is always spoiling her with flowers and chocolate. Mirajane's charismatic nature has prevented her from ever rejecting the man's invitations of making love, and thus, has kept him well on his toes, most precisely meaning that the man has not given up on claiming the beauty as his own. The two have worked with one another in the past, most primarily in some few photo shoots, where backstage, Cuda was able to get to know the woman much better. The two share a rather loose friendship, meeting about every now and then when they have nothing better to do to converse over a cut of hot tea; the fact that Mirajane has a younger sister who is just as busty as she is makes Cuda all the more interested in her. However yet, Cuda fears Mirajane's prowess in regards to her takeover magic, believing that much like Erza, she may be able to dispose of him with very little effort. With the humiliation in mind, Cuda has yet to address any of his perverted antics before the maiden, seeing as though it could get him severely injured.
Bacchus Groh: The earliest interaction Cuda had with any of his Miracle mates happened to be with Bacchus during their youth. The two are former sparring mates and current drinking buddies; from spending time with such a man, Cuda himself has come to adopt a horrid drinking habit, spotted with a drink in one hand more often than not, and a cigar in the other. Bacchus primarily likes Cuda for his ability to spawn liquor from thin air, with credit to his prowess with memory-make and arc of time respectively. Additionally, it seems as though Bacchus has a thing for every girl Cuda does; unlike the case with Hibiki, because Bacchus is much like him in the regard that he hasn't really gotten anywhere with any of them, Cuda enjoys speaking with Bacchus about these matters, often remarking of how he almost "tapped" Erza Scarlet, when in reality, he had never come close. Whenever Cuda throws any form of party at his mansion, Bacchus is the first one to be notified, the first one to show up, and the last male to leave. Beyond sharing the same interest in women, Cuda has acknowledged Bacchus as a formidable ally and despite being in separate guilds, pairs with him frequently to complete assignments, especially those of S-class or higher.
Behind the Scenes
The creation of Cuda marked the beginning of a new era for the author, User:DazzlingEmerald. Formerly an avid member of another fanon based wikia, Daz lost his spirit to write after witnessing the efforts placed forth by the wikia's head admin, who accumulated literally a single edit within the time span of several months, though lingered about the chat for numerous hours a day live streaming a children's video game. Finally, upon serving the community for several months, and bolstering nearly eight thousand edits, Daz was stripped of whatever power he had acquired over his career with no explicit explanation offered by the aforementioned head admin. Ridiculed, Daz defected from his home in search of a community worth writing for. Stranded in the desert for days without water, Daz finally trampled upon the Fairy Tail Fanon wiki, where intelligent beings had been given the roles of administrators. Regaining the urge to write under a staff that had proven themselves through their own work, Daz sought to showcase his own prowess by demonstrating his strong work ethic and dedication. From April 10th, 2015 to April 13th, 2015, in a span of three days, the character page of "Cuda" totaled nearly 80,000 bytes in size.
- The name "Cuda" does not have an explicit Japanese translation.
- Cuda was created for the purpose of taking part in the Ten Wizard Saints Competition held between April 2015 and June 2015.
- Emerging victorious, Cuda was named as a part of Fairy Tail Fanon's Official Ten Wizard Saints on June 5th, 2015.
- According to the author, "Chocolate Rain" is Cuda's signature technique and the Arc of Time is the magic he is supposed to be known for.
- Cuda is openly acknowledged by User:DazzlingEmerald as being the most powerful character out of the many he has created over several other wikis, as well as his personal greatest written masterpiece.
- (To Sub-Zero) "Allow me to explain. You see, ever since Gaelon-dono went missing, your name became quite… 'popular' around the Magic Council. Naturally, I was assigned to hunt you down, though, with my busy schedule, I never got around to it. You coming to me like this makes things so much easier." 
- (To Alden Virkov) "You propose that I am arrogant by your actions and words. However, I already warned you that guns wouldn't work on me. So then, tell me, was it not arrogant of you to disregard my warning?"