- "The consensus is that witches are a batch of crazy ol' bitches who just wanna do bad things while having a giggle. There's nothing wrong with a prank though. It's a fun humorous situation that brings smile to both victim and whoever inflicted it. Unless it goes horribly wrong, in which case, it's the inflicter's fault. Point is, after three centuries of no interaction between humans and witchies, we're all branded as evil. Kinda racist when you get down to it. Then again, this is the human race. They can't handle a different skin color, why handle an entire race of boobied women who can make magic happen at the age of "not-yours"."
- — Eskura's general dislike to the stereotyping and antagonism witches recieve
Eskura Bellatrix (エスクラ ベラトリックス, Esukura Beratorikkusu), often shortened to simply Eska (エスカ, Esuka), is a Witch, one of the four Archwitches of the current era, who are dubbed the Four Witch Queens (四鬼女后, Yokijokō), making her one of the four most powerful witches in the world. Known as the Witch of the West (魔女の西, Majo no Nishi), she is effectively the ruler her own turf, or "kingdom", of witches, which she had ingeniously named the "West Witch World" (西魔女世間, Nishi Majo Seken), located at an island near the western continent of Alakitasia, though the area was only truly a kingdom when many of Eska's "fans" populated and colonized the island around her castle, and because she didn't try and interject to stop them at any point.
Eska herself is infamous among the witch society for having a particular skill in creating "curse"-type potions, which are potions that exist solely to cause harm onto the target, either directly, indirectly, physically or mentally, gaining her the alias of Black Hexia (ブラック ヘクスイア, Burakku Hekusuia), after a previous Archwitch who also exhibited such a malevolent skill. Eska's own goal, however, is to find a way to allow witches and humans to live together, having grown tired and annoyed by the conflict between the two races after living for over a century.
- "What the hell kind of exhibtionist look is that?!
Exhibtionist?! How dare you?! Just so you know, these clothes are made from an incredibly rare type of fiber. I was lucky to get this much, with the money I had and the amount present. So I had to compromise when making clothes with it! That is why I'm showing so much skin. You dick.
...You couldn't spare the ones on your neck and head to cover a bit more?
Don't ask questions I can't and won't answer."
- — Amon questioning Eska's choice of clothing
Broom (飛木器 (エニシダ), Enishida; literally meaning "Flying Wooden Vessal"):
Universal Guide to Witchcraft Arts and Potion Brewing (魔術芸術と水薬造に普訓迪, Majutsu Geijutsu to Suiyakuzō ni Fukunteki):
Powers & Abilities
- The given name, Eskura, is based off the word "Oscuros", Spanish for "Dark".
- In addition, the surname Bellatrix is the given name of Bellatrix Lestrange from the Harry Potter series.