- "I've been in over 10 different bodies in my entire lifetime. I've seen, and killed many faces, all for the things I always wanted! And I have her...and others...everything and everyone I loved, is mine to keep! Forever!"
- — Hecate's obsessive nature with her spirits
Hecate Jikininki (ヘッカト ジキニンキ, Hekkato Jikininki), known by her fake identity Wight (ウィト, Wito), is a Dark Mage who has lived for over 80 years, but through the use of her magic, managed to gain a new body in order to regain her youth whenever she needed. She is infamous as Soul Thief (霊賊, Reizoku), for using Ethereal Body Subordination Magic in order to enslave the spirits of the dead, even the ones of her fallen enemies, and her parents, becoming deranged after obtaining said magic.
Hecate formerly took the body of a minor Fairy Tail Mage, in order to sneak into Fairy Tail in order to hide, but upon her discovery of the spirit of Mavis Vermilion, plotted her enslavement. It was only during the Dragon's Attack that Hecate enslaved the unsuspecting spirit and quickly escaped the ongoing chaos, continuing to roam the land with her most prized possessions. Thus, she can be considered a contributer to Fairy Tail's demise by the Dragon's, due to "stealing" their greatest strategist.
Powers & Abilities
Ethereal Body Subordination Magic
- Hecate's appearance is based off of Naraku from Senran Kagura.
- In Greek mythology, Hecate is a Goddess variously associated with crossroads, entrance-ways, dogs, light, the Moon, magic, witchcraft, knowledge of herbs and poisonous plants, necromancy, and sorcery.
- In addition, Jikininki (食人鬼, Human-Eating Ghosts) are corpse eating ghosts that appear in "Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things".
- Wight is also a term used in fantasy genre to refer to spirits.