|Guild Mark Location||
|Base of Operations||
Warrior Angel Guild Hall
Exceldra (Foster Father)
Hino Sontara (ヒノ ソンタラ Sontara Hino): Is the newest member of the Warrior Angel Guild along with his partner Spirit. He is a First Generation Lightning Dragon Slayer who was trained by his father Exceldra the lightning dragon until he mysteriously disappeared. His dream is to one day find his missing father. Before he joined he was a wondering wizard who traveled the country in search for his father. He is rivals with Rin Amika who argue and fight a lot, though some claim they fight cause their in love. He is the main protagonist of the Fairy Tail: World.
Hino is a lean, muscular young boy with and is slightly shorter then the average height with pale skin tone. He has silver bushy, spiky hair and light blue eyes and has abnormal sharp canines. He has an innocent, childlike face and isn't afraid to make a big smile even towards his enemies. On his left shoulder is his silver guild mark.
Hino wears different types of clothes a lot but his favorite is wearing a long-sleeved and dark-blue colored shirt with a turtleneck under a grey T-shirt. He also wears dark blue shorts and dark red shoes with white lining. Often times he switches to a green T-shirt with a blue jacket and matching blue pants. He also wears green colored sneakers.
Even as a child, Hino's style of clothing remained the same as he wore the same type of dark blue long sleeved shirt as he is now but much smaller to fit his size but instead with a turquoise colored jacket worn over and wore light brown pants and dark green sneakers
Hino is childish and reckless in nature, he is always full of energy and always have a positive attitude despite the situation. He has two dominant traits which are his apparent lack of intelligence and his utter fearlessness. He can easily be confused by complicated explanations having a need for it to be more short and simple for him to understand. He is clueless about everything that is going on in the world, he sometimes gets made up ideas of things that are totally crazy it leaves people speechless and makes them wonder if hes being serious. He can also be easily amazed by the simplest things. He gets amazed at various abilities of villains, often yelling out "amazing" with stars in his eyes and around his head. He get fascinated by the unique appearance monsters and will ask weird creatures to be his friend. In addition, during long and complex explanations of something, his head will release steam and eventually explodes. When attempting to think up a plan, while he will manage to make some logical sense at first, he is begin to strain himself and notes that he is going to feel sick from too much thinking. His personality is like that of a child's, in the sense that he tends to go to the extremes. He can either be extremely greedy, especially in cases of food, and adventure; or extraordinarily selfless, going so far as to virtually sacrifice himself to avenge or protect his friends and family. This childish mentality of his allows him to get to the root of the problem, and allows him to figure out the most simple way of solving it.
He has somewhat of a playful mind, often likes to goof around whenever he gets the chance. His goofy personality is like that of a child's, in which he participates in childish antics with other kids and will even get into a heated argument with them over childish things. This was what sparked his rivalry with Rin Amika where they almost always can be seen fighting one another verbally or physically over the simplest reason.
Because he lived his entire life living with his father away from any civilization and wondered around on his own after that, he never experienced civilized culture in his life before joining the guild. Due to this, He is clueless about everything happening in the world. He's very curious of everything he sees and awkward around people. This lead to him being unaware of his partner Spirit really is and believed he was actually a baby dragon that was laid by Exceldra. He is also unaware of the existence the Magic Council confusing it to a rare type of magic.
Hino has a tendency of forgetting people or old enemies he has encountered, which was seen on various occasions. In these instances, he is usually met with annoyance by them especially when he belatedly recalls them in a humiliating moment or with a poor description of them.
Hino is incapable of telling a lie, he also has absolutely no talent for lying whatsoever, and cannot hold a straight face or poker face at all when intimidated to confess the truth. This lack of subtlety sometimes manifests as extreme honesty, and Hino can be very blunt with people, giving his honest opinion on them whether its a good or bad thing. In fact, more often than not, Hino would blurt out, without thinking, what he knows regarding a certain event whenever someone asks something concerning the events that transpired. This allows him to randomly tell someone a valuable or important secret, only to casually ask them to keep it a secret afterwards.
He is also an extremely heavy sleeper. As no one is able to wake him up even after being smacked hard several times and being yelled directly into his ears. Only after he is presented with food, can he finally wake up.
Hino has a soft spot on pretty girls and women. Due to this reason he developed a crush on Jessie Vladious and has made an attempt to get close to her. Although she is unaware of his crush towards her, they have became good friends. He sometimes blushes when he sees her smile or compliment him.
he is also an immense glutton despite his skinny appearance: he loves all kinds of food and isn't picky about what he doesn't like and can eat a fish whole, bones included, and because of this, a running gag of Hino's is him constantly stealing other peoples' food, causing them to yell at him and sometimes hit him. Due to his gluttony, Hino can end up losing control in times of dire hunger causing him to act without thinking. Often times this could also make find food his highest priority then the mission itself.
Hino also has an extreme thirst for adventure, which he has stated to be one of hid main reasons he wants to become a wizard (along with searching for his missing father). Because of this adventurous nature, he tends to avoid taking 'the easy way out' at times. He also has no intention of trying to learn a secret until he finds it himself, and once stated he would quit being a wizard if his friends tried to find out, not wanting to 'go on a boring adventure'. He has no actual sense of caution and in fact, has been known to literally laugh in the face of danger and walk into potentially harmful situations with a massive grin as. Hino never says goodbye to those he considers friends, in hopes of seeing them again.
Hino continuously tries to prove his strength to others, this drives him getting into consistent brawls with the other members of Warrior Angel. Whenever he sees a a chance to fight he becomes carefree, cheerful and reckless, often acting in a spontaneous and unpredictable way. He shows off a strong, confident attitude as he is usually always seen smiling or grinning even while fighting. He develops a straightforward mind solely for the purpose of fight, and often dives into problems headfirst. His solution to problems often involve violence. Due to his reckless nature, Hino's fights usually ends with widespread destruction. Hino's love of fighting has allowed him to develop a rather strategic mind, helping him to, on various occasions, find weaknesses in his opponent's techniques, or simply weaknesses his opponents themselves possess. Hino has also defeated his opponents with pure wit, rather than brute strength. Hino, befitting his recklessness and love of fighting, never backs out of a fight.
Hino has immense devotion to his father, Exceldra. His greatest dream is to one day find Exceldra once again and hopes that if he gets stronger he'll have a better opportunity to find him. He loves Exceldra with all his heart and hopes to live up to his reputation so that he will be proud of him when they see each other again. He is constantly searching for any clues he can get to find him. Once he obtains any clue that could relate to Exceldra or even to dragons in general it will become his main primary focus of attention, completely overlooking the current task he was actually given. Due to his devotion to his father, he is easily insulted when someone speaks ill will towards his father or insults how he would feel towards him in which he will then lose all sense of himself and attack.
Hino dislikes the idea of being restricted by rules and laws and will do whatever he wants, this gets him into various trouble one way or another whether he intended to or not. Due to his reckless nature and the need to take action into his own hands, his fights usually ends with widespread destruction, a problem that constantly gets on the Magic Council's nerves. This made him acquired the reputation of a very dangerous person because of his recklessness and even insanity. However, unlike other wizards who have a reputation as a psycho for unjust violence against civilians or authorities, Hino gained his reputation for helping his friends and innocent people in the face of power, usually passing over beyond the bounds of reasoning.
Despite all his peculiar traits and habits (with his trademark dimwitted behavior), Hino's most defining part of his personality is the ability to make allies out of absolutely anyone (including former enemies, villains and even the Chairman himself), which is stated to be the most special ability in the world. His apparent selflessness often inspires others to side with him as a result. Notable among them are people who are much stronger then him. He also shows respect for things that a person is willing to die for, be it a treasure or a secret, to the point of even fighting to protect that which the person would throw their lives away over. He is thus willing to recklessly put his own health and safety at risk to protect those he cares about, even if it means risking death or causing a permanent injury to himself. Whenever Hino is seriously injured, he always requests that his friends or allies get treated first, even when he is the one who needs it the most. He will also go to great lengths to protect his friends whenever they are in any sort of danger even if it means putting his life on the line when facing obstacles that ensure ideal threats towards him and his friends and is willing to travel back and forth on his adventures to protect those dear to him or his friends, regardless of how far apart they are.
He is rarely disturbed by violence and bloodshed as he has fought his whole life. Even the worst battlefields rarely disturb him except when it involves a friend. He is seemingly unphased by the most horrifying sights.
Hino's simple attitude and naïve comments during fights are often mistaken by his opponents as poking fun at them. Due to this, many of his opponents lose their cool and charge at him in anger. While he is goofy and reckless, he gets quite serious when anyone is in serious danger, notably his friends, whom he considers his family. Hino also has the tendency to unwittingly poke fun at an opponent's most sensitive trait. He also constantly insults his opponents by giving them degrading nicknames, though he apparently has no skill with insulting people, usually taking either a physical aspect or unique ability and trying to make it degrading. In many cases, the opponents fail to understand whether Hino is serious or just playing during fights due to his bizarre actions. Hino, however, has maintained that he is always serious during fights. In most cases, once he starts to fight he maintains a serious attitude and is only seen laughing once he defeats the enemy or is certain the enemy will be defeated
Hino is a fiercely loyal and protective friend. He is willing to go down fighting for his friends, regardless of how futile it might seem. Even when disrespected or faced with obvious hostility, Hino rarely ever reciprocates the feelings, and often forgoes grudge-holding. He does have a habit of holding a grudge to people who have done what he considers to be the worst crimes even in dire situations. Despite his carefree nature, he has a righteous heart and respects the difference between right and wrong. He completely despises cruelty and wickedness especially towards his friends or people that he likes and will assault anyone who indulges in such actions, no matter what the consequences may be. However, he tries not to hurt civilians, especially the people he likes, even if they intend to do harm to him, preferring to run from them instead.
It has been stated more than once that Hino's instinct and behavior are similar to that of a wild animal's, like when he knows who he has to fight before he even gets to the battle. Even his fights show this as he relies on his instincts and counterattacks, which complements the way he views the world. He is most often seen smiling, except in a fight where he is forced to use all his power (and sometimes even then). Hino also seems to rarely change personality wise, because he views the world in a straightforward and simple manner. He is occasionally the only person who can see past events that have taken place and realize the true goal, yet at other times he can fall into the simplest of traps.
The one thing that Hino does not allow is someone or something getting involved in another person's fight. At these times Hino shows both remarkable restraint during the battles, and rage when something or someone outside the battle is involved, especially if it is a person he considers a friend. While does prefer to fight his opponents one on one without any interference, he is not above receiving help from others if necessary if it mainly ends with him dealing the finishing blow. While Hino would prefer fighting his opponents, he has no qualms giving anyone else a chance to finish them off before he does. However, he will resort to fighting them given the respective opponent survived. Also During combat, Hino would not fight someone who could not fight properly. Also, Hino would even attempt to make a fair fight when engaging against someone who is disabled.
Hino never kills any of his enemies (no matter how cold-hearted they are); instead, he frequently sends the enemy flying, knocking them out or beating them until they have reached the point that they are almost near death. it is not a question of morality so much as a matter of punishing the villains for their crimes - he feels that killing the villains lets them off too easily, whereas he considers letting them live to see their dreams ruined a far more fitting punishment. However, it is evidently clear that Hino is not against others completing the final act themselves should they have a good reason for it.
As a Dragon Slayer, Hino suffers from motion sickness. Hino becomes sick from riding on any form of transportation, even if the transportation happens to be other people. This, however, does not apply to Spirit, as he considers him family, not transportation. Hino can become sick from looking at, or simply thinking about, any form of transportation.
When Hino was very little he was found wandering threw the woods alone, it was unknown how he ended up all alone, until he was eventually founded by Exceldra, the great Lightning Dragon who took him in and raised him as his own son, throughout the years Exceldra went out of his way to teach Hino how to talk, write, and perform his own signature form of Lost Magic: Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic. Hino lived happily with Exceldra and loved him greatly. However on July 7, X777, the morning of Hino's 7th birthday, Exceldra, along with the other Dragons, mysteriously disappeared, leaving Hino to fend for himself. At first Hino chose to wait for his return but after many days went by he never came back. Hino then left on a quest to find Exceldra.
After a year of searching, Hino wandered into a forest in search of food when he was interrupted by an egg that fell from the sky. Hino, assuming it was Exceldra's egg, took the egg and vows to protect it at all cost. The egg's arrival also peeked the interest of a group of wizard collectors and decided to take it to sell it for a huge amount of jewels. As Hino was taking care of the egg, preparing it to hatch the wizard were able to trick him by convincing him that they were professional dragon egg hatchers. Hino willingly handed the egg over to them, hopping they would hatch the egg, however, once they had the egg in their possession they turned against him and left with the egg. Hino ran off after them to try and recover his egg but lost sight of them.
Hours later at their hideout the wizards planned out how they were going to sell the egg, thinking how much money they will get for selling a dragons egg when all of a sudden the egg moved, a sign that it is going to hatch, thinking that hatching would hinder their selling price the wizards were prepared to poach the egg when suddenly Hino busted in with Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic, having tracked them by their scent and demanded they return his egg. He fought the wizards intensely and was able to defeat them and managed to retrieve his egg until suddenly it began to crack right in his arms as the egg hatched and a grey cat with wings came out and began flying around and landed on Hino's head. Hino, not knowing what a cat is assumed that the flying cat was what a baby dragon looks like believing that it is Exceldra's child. The wizards wanted to catch it even more thinking a flying cat would give them even more money only to have Hino revolt by blasting them away with his magic. Upon leaving to continue his journey in search of Exceldra, Hino decided to name the cat Spirit and they began traveling together ever since.
During his travels throughout the years Hino saw much of the world for the very first time and met various people. Some were friendly and helpful while others caused problems as they tried to get in his way, whcih Hino took it upon himself to defeat, unintentionally causing destruction to the cities and towns and then leaves to continue his search for Exceldra. The Magic Council aware of the rumors of the destruction he causes are unable to find him no matter how hard they search.
After 7 long years of searching, Hino eventually heard a rumor of a mystical and rare creature at a city far away. Hino thinking that the magical creature was Exceldra, interrogated man spreading the rumor about its location and headed to the city, having to travel there by boat.
Magic and Abilities
Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic: A form of Dragon Slayer Magic which gives Hino the power and characteristics of a Lightning Dragon. Hino is adept with his Dragon Slayer Magic and makes use of it in many different ways in combat. As with all Dragon Slayers, he can consume his respective element, with the exception of that which he has created, to heal himself and replenish his energy reserves. The power and speed of his lightning can increase in drastically, which is proportional to Hino's emotional state allowing him fight better against stronger opponents posing a better challenge then before. This is also called the Rage of Lightning. He incorporates the lightning he releases into his fighting style, greatly increasing the damage of his blows. As such, Hino's Magic revolves around the usage of lightning that can spout from any part of his body. Hino's ability to eat electricity gives him immunity to most types of electricity, and allows him to spew lightning from his lungs. This lightning is exceptionally strong being able to scorch his opponents as well as shock them. He can even use his electricity to create a propulsive effect. His magic's true power resides in is his lightning's rapid speed being one of its greatest assets, making him incredibly fast and agile as well as his lightning blitzing at incredible speed. His attacks are shown to be very fast and destructive; however, they may be redirected by metal objects acting as lightning rods. Being trained by his dragon Exceldra in learning his Dragon Slayer Magic, he is classified as a First Generation Dragon Slayer.
- Lightning Dragon Roar: Hino's version of the Dragon Slayer breath attack, he generates lightning in his mouth and releases it in a concentrated, destructive blast, capable of destroying everything in a wide area in front of him. The special effect of this attack, aside from the high damage it causes, is that, even if the target survives, the lightning paralyzes them to a degree, leaving them numb and preventing them from escaping Hino's following attack. By moving his head around as he casts it, he can also employ this spell in an arched trajectory, in order to hit enemies which aren't directly in front of him. This spell is Hino's specialty as he uses it the most out of all his attacks. He mostly takes advantage of its destructive power to cause a dust cloud to appear when it hits the opponent or the ground and jump threw it to use the dust cloud to hide his presence and surprise the opponent with his follow up attack
- Lightning Dragon Iron Fist: Hino engulfs his fists in lightning and punches the target. Dealing more damage to them then a regular fist attack. It also shocks them in the process
- Lightning Dragon Talon: Hino focuses his lightning around his feet and swings is towards his target, thereby increasing the power of his kicks and shocks them in the process.
- Lightning Dragon Wing Attack: Hino rushes towards his targets, while doing so, Hino produces a large stream of lightning from both of his arms, which, when it comes in contact with the targets, shocks them and at the same time sends them flying away behind them due to the blunt force of the produced lightning.
- Lightning Dragon Crushing Fang: Hino engulfs his hand in lightning and then swings it in an arc, striking the target with his fingertips, leaving a flurry of flames in his wake.
- Lightning Dragon Iron Hammer: By thrusting his fist toward his opponent, Hino can evoke a lightning bolt to strike the ground with tremendous force upon his strike.
- Lightning Dragon Thunder Horn: Hino emits his entire body in lightning and headbutts the target at a high speed.
- Lightning Dragon Rushing Current: Hino releases a surge of lightning through his body, which then allows him to retain conscious control of his movements. His running speed and jumping ability increase dramatically making him as fast as an actual lightning bolt. This makes him much faster and more powerful. This results in a drastic boost to Hino's reaction time, which has both offensive and defensive uses. His newly enhanced speed aloud him to dodge an incoming attack from long range and delivered several hits to the wizard all before the attack ever came to the spot he was originally standing, running at that speed can increase his strength in a single punch delivering massive damage to the target. On some accessions his reaction is increased but there are times when he runs so fast he doesn't know where he's going or he doesn't spot something or someone in his way until its to late. Hence why he uses it primarily to cover long distances in a very short amount of time. As a Lightning Dragon Slayer this spell is common among lightning dragon's, as speed is the primary skill of all lightning dragons
- Lightning Dragon Blitz Strick: Hino reaches his hands out towards his targets. He then begins to charge lightning from his hands until it expands into a huge ball of lightning energy. lightning bolts will then begin to shoot out and strike the target. The lightning bolts shoot out fast and is fired one after the other.
- Lightning Dragon Beast Fang: Hino forms lightning in his hand and launches it at the opponent in the form a hound to attack his target. As the hound is highly fast and its movements are unpredictable, it is very difficult to avoid. The user's hand remains connected to the hound by a cord of lightning, allowing them to freely manipulate the speed and range of the technique.
- Lightning Dragon Piercing Fang: Hino discharges lightning from one of his hands then the lightning will grows to engulf the entire hand. Once that happens the lightning will sharpen in the shape of a fang, Hino then charges at the target and jab them with his lightning engulfed hand. The attack causes damage as well as shocking the target and can also cause paralysis.
- Rage of Lightning: Hino's lightning is directly connected to his feelings. The more emotional he gets, the more powerful his lightning will become making his lightning more destructive then normal. Once he reaches this state he'll be more powerful then before that lightning will surge over his entire body naturally. It also allows him to fight better against stronger opponents posing a better challenge then before.
- Dragon Slayer Secret Art:
Dragon Force: Hino has been shown to be able to enter Dragon Force. This ability is said to be the final and most powerful state a Dragon Slayer can attain, and it has been said that their power becomes comparable to that of a real Dragon's. Hino's hair grows wilder and spikier that curves and points upwards. His body glows a brilliant white and blue light with electricity constantly surging throughout his body. The Dragon Slayer also grew scales all over his arms and body even some around his face similar to that of lightning dragon.
Enhanced Sight: A common skilled for all Dragon Slayers raised by a dragon, Hino's eyesight exceeds that of a normal human. Enabling him to see further away then normal eyesight. He can spot details so small that he is able to tell the difference between to similar looking objects and creatures.
Enhance Hearing: Hino's sense of hearing is even superior to his vision, and allows him to fight even in pitch-black darkness. He can hear the sound of a sword's blade cutting through the air and determine its position. He can also detect differences in pitch that most other humans would be unable to perceive. He can even hear whats happening in a city he's heading to while on a train even when he's motion sick.
Enhance Smell: Hino's sense of smell is extremely advanced, causing him to be often compared to a wild animal. He is able to track his target no matter how far away they are and can recognize someones sent after just one encounter, no matter how much time has gone by he is still able to know exactly who it is. His sense of smell is able to sniff out a Dragon or a Dragon Slayer nearby though due to their similarities, he often mistake the dragon slayers as a dragon.
Immense Strength: Despite his relatively small physical stature compared to most of the world's powerful fighters, Hino has shown on numerous occasions to possess a high degree of strength, enough for him to perform a number of physical feats. His father Exceldra used harsh and unorthodox training methods such as smashing boulders to grow stronger, as well as several years of further rigorous training in the extremely harsh environment he grew up in. Combined with his hand to hand combat skills and his incredible speed his strength he is proven to be a powerful fighter.
Enhance Speed: A common skill among all lightning dragon's, Hino regarded his speed as his primary asset in combat. enough for him to close great distances in a blink of an eye and dodge swift attacks.
Enhance Reflexes: Along with incredible speed, Hino possesses fast reflexes.
Immense Durability: Hino has proven himself to be incredibly durable. He has managed to take continual, deadly assaults from foes and continue fighting. Despite his continuous attacks from opponents he still manages to get back up as if nothing happened. He also manages to keep fighting no matter his injuries.
Expert Hand to Hand Combatant: Hino is an extremely proficient unarmed fighter, often using his Dragon Slayer Magic in combination with punches, kicks, and even headbutts, to combat his opponents to great effect. He combines his speed with his strength to make him a skilled fighter
Behind the Scenes
- Hino is the first Dragon Slayer created by User:Ripcordkill345
- Hino is the second character the user has ever created.
- After the deletion of his very first character page, Hino is also the users first existing character he's ever created
- Hino is based on Killua Zoldyck of Hunter X Hunter.
- Hino has been heavily inspired by several characters from multiple anime's. These characters include: Natsu Dragneel of Fairy Tail, Monkey D. Luffy of One Piece, Gon Freecss of Hunter X Hunter, and Son Goku of Dragon Ball.
- His birthday, July 7th, is the same day all the Dragon parents of the Dragon Slayers left 7 years ago.
- At age 14, Hino is the youngest of all Dragon Slayers the user has made and is planning on making
- Hino's likes include Exceldra, Jessie Longside and anything he finds cool, his is dislikes include Rin Amika and moving vehicles.
- Hino's dream is find his missing father and return to live with him.
- Hino's dislike towards Rin originated from her badmouthing his father.
- Hino's favorite food is meat however he likes just about anything. His least favorite food is Broccoli.
- Hino has a specific preference for the flavor of lightning he wants to eat.
- Lightning Dragon Roar is Hino's signature move.
- Hino typically gets 5 hours of sleep.