|Base of Operations||Hargeon|
Akira Kobayashi (brother)
Suzuka Kobayashi (relative...something)
|Powers and Abilities|
|Magic||General Lacrima Mastery|
Arms Weapon: Wheeler Gunner
|Soul Armour Name||Soul Armour Knight Turbo (神鎧纏最高戦士 (ソウル・アーマー・ナイト) ・速戦士 (ターボ), Sōru Āmā Naito Tābo lit. God Armour Clad Supreme Warrior Velocity Warrior)|
Kaguya Kobayashi (カグヤ・コバヤシ, Kaguya Kobayashi) is a student enrolled at La Pucelle Academy and a member-of-sorts of Team Daybreak; of sorts meaning that while selected to be grouped with them, she rarely joins on missions (whenever there's an official one), due to her disdain towards the others in general. As expected of someone from a rich family, she is haughty and dismissive of others, but she has a rarely-seen softer side as well, and desperately wishes to succeed. Naturally, due to her higher-up status, Kaguya seems to be the most popular person at the academy –if only superficially; however, there is much more to her than what it seen at first glance.
AppearanceKaguya bears the appearance of a young lady in her mid-late teens, with a slender figure, sizeable bust, and light blue eyes. Kaguya's hair is a light blue, and goes down to her waist in length. It is kept free, and is rather wavy. Her fringe is kept just above her eyes, and she has three sets of bangs; first going down to her upper-jaw, second, upper-neck, and finally third, chest-length.
Her attire is mainly yellow in colour, with blue and white covering some parts of her dress. She uses a yellow moon hair clip with a flower petal connected to the curve ends of the moon, white flowers and petal can be seen next to the moon hair clip. While wearing a deep blue uniform, she uses a simple, yellow hair clip.
Personality and Traits
Haughty and arrogant, Kaguya Kobayashi is generally regarded as near-impossible to get along with. Indeed, due to her status as a member of an upper-class family in Era, the largest city on the continent, she is noted to have a high opinion of herself and looks down on "poor people", especially those who manage to annoy her to the extent that she would detest their existence. She is also seemingly very proud of her family's wealth, and acts like a typical rich girl, even having a bellhop transport her luggage. She displays a large ego, referring to herself as the smartest girl in her class and isn't above trying to manipulate others to further her own personal gain, though this usually doesn't work. Her dislike of those who she considers poor is to the point that she proudly proclaims to Tsuruko that her city looks better than the others because the royal families decided to kill the poor, which she saw as a good decision.
For some reason, in her first appearances, Kaguya had a strong hatred for men; while this trait died down later on, it was later revealed that she was originally engaged to a rich nobleman who seemed rather cruel on the surface; before she entered school, this was the only interaction she had ever had with a male who wasn't from her family that was her own age. As Kaguya herself is easily impressionable, she came to the "conclusion" that all men were like him. Kaguya has the tendency of being too sure of herself and rather smug about her abilities, as evidenced in most of her fight with Tsuruko, where she was defeated in a single punch, even though Tsuruko was holding back. She would usually make up excuses regarding her losses that it wasn't her fault.
Her lack of social skills also stems from the fact that she always had to worry about herself instead of taking the time to socialize with others, and thus was not used to having friendly relationships; however, her attitude does indeed reassure people that rich or not, Kaguya is one mean bitch regardless of past, at least at first. It is clear that Kaguya harbours a dislike towards Tsuruko and Rosa due to their unpleasant encounter with one another when the trio joined La Pucelle, with Kaguya going out of her way to make Tsuruko's life a living hell; though Tsuruko is usually oblivious to Kaguya's dislike of her and treats her as an associate regardless of her behaviour, something that eventually begins to get on Kaguya's nerves. Generally, whenever Kaguya tries to brag, people either don't listen to her, cut her off, or chew her out for her small talk being used to cover her incompetence whilst acting like a sore loser, and despite interacting with Hikari for a while, Kaguya doesn't register so much as a blip in her memories and she dismisses Kaguya pretty easily.
Her desire for attention and popularity shows that she loves recognition and is extremely self-centered; however, this is due to her crippling inferiority-superiority complex; as among her siblings and family in general, Kaguya is noted to be "nothing" special, as her prowess in magic, physical capabilities, and intelligence are said to be below the standard of her family, all of whom seem to be famous magicians. Fredson tries to encourage her that she has a lot of potential, and that most magicians tend to fail in all else if they excelled in anything else, but she's most upset about being average- not helping is the fact that all of her teammates are better than her in various fortes, with Tsuruko being ridiculously stronger than her, and Excellen being a better magician and smarter than her, for example. This complex is a driving motivation behind most of her antagonistic behaviour; though her emotionally abusive family berating her into being the best and improving her reputation no matter the cost isn't helping at all.
Kaguya is noted to have a crippling fear of the Soul Armours; the reason for which is that during her childhood, her older brother, Akira Kobayashi, was the first Soul Armour Knight Turbo. Kaguya looked up to and idolized her brother at first, especially because of his unfaltering belief in her and his constant reassurance to her to be herself, seeing him as the only positive influence in her life. Kaguya wanted to be a hero like him one day, until Akira was gravely injured by a Hellion, causing Akira to become paralyzed from the waist down, ending his tenure as a knight. This incident frightened her and caused her to blame the Soul Armour for her brother's injuries, and ever since then, she had been avoiding him out of fright. Even when they do meet up in Kaguya's arc and Akira gives her his belt; Kaguya doesn't feel worthy enough to become the next knight of Turbo.
However, she does have a kind side; as deep down, she certainly does care for her comrades; after spending a lot of time with Tsuruko, and especially after the latter helps her stand up to her family during her own arc, she becomes less arrogant, though she does retain her elitist attitude, which is used for a more comedic effect. Kaguya, even though she is trying to become more social, often screws up more often than not, and has a hard time empathizing with others and normally has to reel her rather disparaging comments in, though she generally doesn't mean her rather barbed comments, unlike before. One of Kaguya's most positive traits is her persistence; once she decides on something, she does not give up. A rather humourous version of this is seen after the dust has been settled at the end of the Era arc, and Kaguya challenges Sion Kenzaki to a game of Gay Chicken, knowing that she couldn't beat her in a straight fight. As neither would give up, the two were in a profoundly unhappy relationship for months.
Not much is actually known about Kaguya's past; especially because she abhors talking about it.
Lacrima (魔水晶 (ラクリマ), Rakurima): Lacrima is a Magic crystalline substance found in both Earth Land and Edolas. Lacrima can be powered up with different spells and used for different purposes. Lacrima is crystallized Magic. Metaphysically, Lacrima calls upon the wisdom of the world in order to manipulate nature itself. This manifests as the phenomenon of magic for most Lacrima, although other Lacrima pieces enhance the user's abilities. To withdraw the power from the stabilized crystal, a shock triggered by the user's mind is required. As a result the Lacrima user's mind is weakened and frequent use of Lacrima without rest taxes their stamina. A Mage can charge their Magic into a Lacrima to suit their uses. Lacrima is best used when slotted into a weapon or a piece of armour. Once slotted into an equipment piece, the user can unleash powerful attacks or call upon special effects relating to the type of Lacrima itself. Using Lacrima has both pros and cons. Depending on the type and strength of the Lacrima equipped, some stats may be hindered or enhanced.
Aegis (シールドオブイージス, Shīrudo obu Ījisu; Shield of Aegis): The Aegis, also known by its true name of Kojōhaku (湖上白, White on the Lake), is one of the Divine Tools; unlike the others, it is modeled after a bullet train. The center of Aegis is shaped like an upside-down heart with gold side edges and a black bottom edge with a small spike on it. There is a two-pronged, ornate, gold spike sprouting from either side of the bottom of the heart. These spikes have black inner edges and a small, lilac diamond on their bottom corners. A similar, wider apparatus of four spikes is connected to the top of the shield. This one shares the gold outer edges and black inner ones, but has two, larger lilac diamonds on it, one on each of the two middle spikes. It appears to have four slots on each side of the shield where various settings channel Lacrima crystals in different ways to produce various effects. The Aegis possesses an anti-magic coating, and can shoot out the tip to puncture foes similar to a real life piledriver. The shield form of the weapon can formed into a gigantic sword which she can utilize for close-range combat. However, Kaguya does not normally utilize it to attack, instead relying on her magic for her offense, while utilizing Aegis to block any attacks during battle. Because of this, the Kojōhaku is regarded as the most versatile Divine Tool; and while not supremely powerful like the others, its two forms keep the opponents on their toes. History-wise, nothing much was known about this Divine Tool; but some speculate that it was destroyed in the past—it was the moment that Kaguya split herself into Ichigo and Ringo; however, after their first Junction, Kojōhaku was reforged instantly after receiving a signal from Kaguya's brain that she was still alive. After that, the Kojōhaku became a staple of Ichigo and Ringo's arsenal. In ancient Greek culture, an Aegis is a collar or cape worn to signify protection by a religious figure. It is also the shield used by Zeus and Athena. In the Final Fantasy video game series, the Aegis Shield is a recurring shield that has appeared in all of the main series, except for Final Fantasy VII, in which it was an Armlet. It usually protects the user from the Petrify status, or has a great bonus to Magic Defense. Additionally, the "Aegis" refers to the GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam; a prototype transformable attack-use mobile weapon featured in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED, which was piloted by Athrun Zala. Interestingly, the Aegis is a nod to both; with immense defensive power and its morphing capabilities.
Turbo Driver (ターボ・トドライバー, Tābo Doraibā): The Turbo Driver is the name of the Driver Belt that allows the user to transform into the Soul Armour Knight as Turbo. The Turbo Driver takes the form of a silver belt that has an azure buckle, along with the standard lever that all Driver Belts have and an attachment that holds Super Soul Rings at the top. A stylized 'T' is at the center of the buckle. To transform, the user raises the Ring Holder attached to the top of the belt and inserts their Change Ring into it, causing the Turbo Driver to announce "[READY]" (レディー, REDĪ ). Once the Super Soul Ring is set, the user must push the Ring Holder back down to finish the transformation sequence into Turbo, right after the Driver Belt announces "[GO]" (ゴー, GŌ) and the Soul Armour manifests. After transforming with the Change Ring, the user has the option to switch between different other Super Soul Rings. To do so, the user must raise the Ring Holder again, pull the used Super Soul Ring out, insert the new Super Soul Ring back into the Ring Holder, and push it back down, enabling the user to modify the properties of their Arms Weapon's blasts. Like all Driver Belts, the user is capable of summoning their Arms Weapon by revving the lever four times; though if the user already wields the Soul Armour's Arms Weapon when they initiate this effect, they can activate their Knight Power, Engine. To initiate a Limit Break, the user must raise the Ring Holder Panel and rev the lever. In order to have the Driver Belt cancel the transformation, the user must raise the Ring Holder, remove the Super Soul Ring currently placed in the Turbo Driver, and push the Ring Holder back down, causing the Soul Armour to vanish.
Powers and Abilities
Ways of Combat
Master Shield Wielder: When formed into close-combat, Kaguya fights with the Aegis, which she uses to fend off frontal attacks, making it necessary to attack her from behind. She is also able to use the shield offensively, but further enhances the style with the spikes lining the edge of her shield. When utilizing her shield offensively; Kaguya focuses upon bashing the foe relentlessly; smacking them with her shield to open their defenses, which causes the enemy to lower its defense and thus allow her to attack the foe with another skill. Additionally, utilizing her shield offensively can also be used to deflect certain enemy projectiles. The Aegis appears to be laborious to wield for anyone who does not possess a link with it; like Kaguya does. Kaguya utilizes Aegis to perform devastating physical combos that cause formations of elemental magic to rise from underground in their wake. Kaguya can attack by throwing it at them and can perform mind-mindbogglingly impossible tricks with it; as it rips through the air, decimating everything within its path only for it to fly back to her in a similar manner to that of a boomerang. Aside from bashing foes and blocking incoming attacks, she is able to throw it with nearly perfect aim. Kaguya can hit multiple targets with the same throw by means of ricochet, and could even achieve a boomerang-like return effect, allowing her to strike enemies from behind or retrieve the shield without objects to ricochet from; additionally, she can ride her shield in a similar manner to a surfboard, charging into enemies in order to trip them up, leaving them open for her next attacks. The Aegis is created from a explosive reactive substance; so, with every attack that Kaguya makes, the impact from the shield will cause a small explosion—this explosion is not extremely powerful unlike others, however, it has more than enough force to launch the target backward after being struck, with enough destructive force to form a crater in the wake of the attack. This makes Kaguya a considerably deadly close-range fighter, however; she is still nowhere near the skill of her teammates.
- Shielding Razor (遮刀, Shasori): When performing this technique, Kaguya charges Aegis with her magical energy; installing a faint collection of magical particles around the edges, enabling it to function similarly to that of a chainsaw blade; revolving around 3,000,000 times per second. Once this has been done, Kaguya throws the shield forward in a similar manner to that of a razor blade. This move possesses great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Whirling around at high speeds, Aegis slices through the air, cleaving through anything that gets in the way of the intended target. Once it makes contact with the foe, the faint collection of magical particles around the shield are unleashed; this causes them to explode and launch the target backward after being hit or, if the target is lying on the ground or being launched to the ground, the destructive force is enough to form a crater. Essentially, the Shielding Razor technique is a razor-sharp disk of energy that can slice through nearly anything. The shield, once it strikes the first enemy, flies in an ellipse-like path and cuts through several enemies before returning to Kaguya.
Enhanced Strength: Kaguya's physical strength is really nothing to write home about- it is very much below average- a major contributing factor to this is her low physical durability, and the fact that it is virtually impossible for her to take a 'serious' hit; though it is still very much above the average human. Kaguya possesses an enhanced amount of strength; enough to shatter wood with her bare hands. She is capable of destroying a large portion of a building with the wake of a single swing of her leg. She is also able to effortlessly throw a large boulder with a single hand, showing that despite her highly feminine frame, she is deceptively strong. However, compared to her other teammates, Kaguya's strength is somewhat lacking; she more often than not finds it difficult to perform physical tasks; and struggles to withstand a strike.
Low Speed: Befitting the 'squishy wizard' archetype, Kaguya is shown to be rather sluggish in movements; moving akin to that of somebody who does not get out at all. Because of this, as well as her other low physical traits, Kaguya is said to be tremendously weak physically. This requires her teammates to protect her from damage, while she bombards the opponents with powerful magic. However, when using the Accel Step spell, her speed is drastically boosted to the point that she becomes a "fragile speedster" whose main method of fighting is "death of a thousand cuts".
Inexplicable Flip-Flopping Durability: For some reason, Kaguya is very durable, having remained uninjured after suffering from perilous falls and even lightning strikes. Throughout all of her appearances, Kaguya goes through everything from falling off a cliff, to slamming into a brick wall after being thrown from her bike, suffering from skiing incidents, waterfall plunges, animal maulings, getting shot by a nailgun, being hit by a van, and getting hammered by Tsuruko's fists during a sparring session; the latter has been shown tear dragons apart with her bare hands. However, this seems to depend on the situation; as it is shown in proper battle, Kaguya is much weaker in physical strength compared to other members of the cast, since her legs buckle inwards as she slides whereas many of the other cast keep them bent strong. She also gives the impression of being as weak as ice, though the grievous wounds that she receives throughout the series imply that she is as tough as she shows herself to be in comedic situation. However, Kaguya's slender and small frame makes her a difficult target; Kaguya even notes that in a straight up battle with the "big hitters", she would go down in "five seconds, give or take". She is completely unable to fight prolonged battles in close-quarters, and thus, she opts to use her incredible knowledge of magic as her primary means of offence, hoping to incapacitate a target before taking them out. However, thanks to her build, Kaguya is very nimble and can dodge attacks easily; this indeed did lead her to forsake toughening herself up physically and instead focusing purely on speed—with hypersonic speed, there is really no need to be physically durable, and her speed more than makes up for this slight setback.
Overwhelming Magical Power: Thanks to her heritage, Kaguya is in possession of an absolutely overwhelming amount of magical power. Kaguya has natural control over the exertion of her magical power, keeping it contained to the point where it is virtually impossible to detect her by normal means, though the constant effort can be taxing. The presence it exudes is completely at odds with her personality; the magical energy itself is a vibrant azure, crackling intensely when Kaguya focuses; when Kaguya's power is at it's peak, it transforms into the frightening visage of a skull which surrounds her, striking fear into the hearts of her foes. It is so great it can be felt from a great distance and it has the tendency to make people perspire in fear. Her skill and control at using manipulating her magical energy aura allows her to perform a variety of abilities. Additionally, the sheer aura radiating from her person has the additional effect of affecting entire areas to the point of disrupting spells from enemies, as well as affecting others from seemingly miles away.
- Second Origin Activation (二番原解放, Nibangen Kaihō): In recent years, it has been discovered that Mages have a second "Container" for their Magic power that is largely unused, called the Second Origin. It is possible to unlock said Magic Container, which is easily done due to Kaguya's natural prowess, allowing her to unlock her Second Origin whenever she wishes, but in doing so, it is extremely painful. This is activated through the sudden influx of magical energy into her body, causing the Second Origin to naturally release to prevent the body from being overwhelmed from an excess of foreign magical particles. When her Second Origin is unlocked, she is able to reach new heights with her magic, performing spells and activating abilities which she would normally have trouble with, all with relative ease. Once Kaguya has released her Second Origin, she can either choose to use it at all times, to greatly power up her abilities, or save it for later, using it as a trump card for later in a battle. What should be noted that Kaguya only releases the seal on her Second Origin in desperate situations, and due to this, her Second Origin has been gathering more and more magical power, making it stronger every day.
- Zenith (極, Kyoku): The Second Origin Form is a transformation undergone by Kaguya when she unlocks her Second Origin. By doing so, she taps fully into her magical power and is at the peak of her power. This transformation is temporary due to over use of the excess energy leaving Kaguya physically strained. However, activating this form uses up Kaguya's life force, causing excessive strain on Kaguya's body and soul, eating away at her life force at a rapid pace. It also causes her to enter a berserker-like state, and causes her hair to lavender to a golden, standing on end. Her powers physical abilities get an enormous boost; her speed and physical strength are vastly enhanced, allowing her to break through large obstacles, smash through large robots, barriers with ease, break enormous metal restraints without effort, and even stun Vritra whose size is on a par with a small village, and move at super speed. Her reflexes are also increased to the point where they can match her upgraded movements and those of her foes. When in this form, Kaguya is able to manipulate nonliving matter by changing its atom structure, i.e. turning air into a wall of water or turning a stone column into a large uprising spike, and overall, her powers have been given an enormous augmentation all across the board.
General Lacrima Prowess
Due to being the heiress of Doma Enterprises, Kaguya is in possession of near unlimited amounts of Lacrima, which is shaped in the form of uncut crystals, which is used as an energy propellant; used to power weapons and machinery, such as her Aegis, though Lacrima can also be used without the aid of weapons or machines. It is shown to have a certain explosive potential, and powderized form appears to be more volatile. Kaguya carries around numerous Lacrima crystals upon her person—it is said that she keeps them in a pouch which works similarly to that of a pocket dimension, thus enabling her to wield many at the same time.
There are eight natural colours for Lacrima orbs: red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, blue, violet, and grey. There is also one other white Lacrima, which is very rare and expensive, being artificially manufactured specifically for her. Each of these colours represent something, usually some natural element or some characteristic or idea; it is physical manifestations of elements, possessing large variety even in the same element as Kaguya can grind up the crystals into actual pure magical energy which she can cast upon herself or her weapon to boost her potential in battle. Holding a crystal of Lacrima seems to be able to grant elemental based powers, and it can be inserted into weapons in order to increase her magical abilities.
When installing Lacrima within her Aegis, the potential is almost limitless as its powers can be altered, such as being capable of attacking with energy unleashed in the form of a beam from its pile-bunker form, and generating elemental effects while changing the very material and composition of the projectile; always leaving her opponents guessing her very next spell. Due to her natural mastery over the essence of magic, Kaguya is an expert at developing new spells and new ways of using old spells, and an expert at delayed spells; all this, with her Lacrima crystals. Due to her natural magic, Kaguya is capable of weaving spells together; and her magic is noticeably more stable than most others with magic abilities, and therefore it doesn't breakdown at all and is not easily deflected; being capable of using high-leveled spells without the need for an incantation without any loss of power. Overall, Kaguya works Lacrima crystals into her fighting style expertly—making her a match for even supernatural beings.
- Accel Step (アクセル・ステップ, Akuseru Suteppu): By withdrawing a purple Lacrima crystal and crushing it under her feet, she is capable of gaining an immense boost of speed, capable of propelling herself across the battlefield at high speeds. The focal point which determines the basis of this technique is speed. As speed is the main point of the technique, the method is best characterized by how fast one can get from point A to point B in the least amount of steps; and when using this technique, the distance between Kaguya and her foe is shortened by an enormous margin, allowing her to more often than not attack first, leaving her foe bewildered as she darts around the battlefield, assaulting them relentlessly. When using Accel Step, Kaguya's movements produce afterimages of herself which are capable of confounding opponents who are unable to follow her movements. While she does have control over her afterimages, Kaguya usually moves so quickly that she creates afterimages inadvertently. Her movements are so tremendously speedy, that one usually loses sight of her in an instant. Kaguya can also utilize Accel Step to sculpt an individual tangible platform in midair, enabling her to engage in aerial combat with no need to return to ground level. She has shown to be able to use this platform as a means of offense, being able to kick it at the opponent, and causes severe damage upon impact. To the opposite extreme, it can be used for defense, and can block all but the strongest of attacks.
- Absolute Freezer (永遠の氷姫（アブソリュート・グフリーザ）, Absoryūto Furīzā lit. Eternal Ice Princess): By withdrawing a light blue Lacrima crystal and crushing it in front of her, Kaguya is capable of unleashing a wave of ice by reducing the kinetic energy of magical particles in a body of water and reducing temperature to absolute zero, freezing it over, becoming ice. By absorbing heat from the atmosphere, she could freeze molecules of moisture that hung in the air creating a variety of effects. Primarily this is used to freeze others in place or to create a sheen of ice over an intended target. Kaguya can also use the Absolute Freezer Lacrima to summon gusts of super-cold air, with which she can use to hurl frozen objects (usually ice daggers) at specified targets. She can use hand gestures while doing this, to make it appear as if she can project ice directly from her fingertips. This is not necessary however, and is done mostly for theatrical effect. An example would be freezing blood in the veins, thereby stopping flow to the brain. She has demonstrated the ability to control energy reactions at extreme levels, at one point freezing flames, and she can shape her ice into inanimate things or weapons, used for offensive and defensive purposes, and outside of it. Specializing in it and having been practicing it for years, Kaguya possesses extreme mastery over it, being capable of creating countless amounts of objects for a multitude of uses while bombarding her foes with ice.
- Innovate Clear (蒼き革新の箱庭（イノベート・クリア）, Inobēto Kuria lit. Miniature Garden of the Green Tree of Innovation): By withdrawing a green Lacrima crystal and crushing it in front of her while making a wave motion with her hands, Kaguya gains the ability to launch several seeds composed of pure light which can be planted in any spot to "take root". They can also take root in human bodies, as seen with a mook when she planted a seed in the mook and detonated it, causing him to explode. The seeds can also be dropped into a surface to grow vines, which can then be used as a trap to entwine her opponent or as stepping stones to cross unwalkable areas, such as water. The seeds also have the power to grow into trees so as to use her many tree-like forms for attack and defense. Kaguya can create a full grown lightning-like tree at any location she desires which pierces everything. The power limit of this attack has yet to be revealed, but it appears to be extremely powerful, as it allowed Kaguya to finish off an entire squadron of Rune Knights in one blow. This attack does not have to grow completely into a tree in order for Kaguya to utilize its power as she been shown release just a few branches. She can grow the tree as high as her mind will allow for others to see and follow to her location or extend the length to reach its target from long range. The branches can also be used to wrap around Kaguya, creating a sphere-like defense around her body that can block most attacks. Soon the flower on the tree opens up and the black sphere forms another but smaller black sphere on top with a circle of text in between. The smaller sphere then fires a large life-powered beam of magical energy towards Kaguya's target.
- Zenith Tempest (煌天雷獄（ゼニス・テンペスト）, Zenisu Tenpesuto lit. Prison of Bright Heavenly Thunder): By withdrawing a yellow Lacrima crystal and crushing it in front of her, Kaguya thrusts her hand upwards as she releases an enormous round of electric charges which extends and transforms into a dome of lightning, stationed far above his head and fastened to the ground by a large number of lightning pillars. A single pillar also reaches from the top of the dome toward the sky releasing powerful bursts of lightning that can severely electrocute and paralyze even some of the toughest foes Kaguya would face; it has two modes of attack - area of effect, which sacrifices a lot of power for a massively expanded scope of effect, allowing her to kill hordes of weaker opponents with ease; with the lightning's voltage being high enough to completely pulverize what it strikes, eradicating it from existence; when Zenith Tempest connected with the top part of a building, it created a huge, round hole in it, making all the physical matter previously found there disappear completely. While the power of this technique devastates everything in its path, the technique will not rest until it hits its desired target, drawing power from the atmosphere the longer it is out. When used at its full potential, it carries a dangerous ability. While it continues to destroy everything around the attack, the designated opponent is surrounded by the energy of Zenith Tempest when hit. There is also single-target mode; which focuses tremendous powers into a single beam of energy potent enough to pierce trough most defenses, even defenses previously believed to be "absolute" - due to the tremendous range of these beams, it can pick off key targets very quickly on the battlefield.
- Broken Fang (不躍の封罠（ブロウクン・ファング）, Burōkun Fangu lit. Unavoidable Bounder of the Seal Trap): When using Broken Fang, Kaguya withdraws a gray Lacrima crystal before crushing it in her hands, while making an arc-like motion with her hand as she manifests a circular glyph upon the ground at any place which she wishes. Should Kaguya be close to and facing a wall, using the spell will stick it to the wall instead of the ground. If used in midair, Kaguya will drop the glyph in a rather unnoticeable manner, which falls straight down and lands on the ground below. In either case, when the foe steps upon the glyph, it unleashes a powerful explosion which can stun the opponent, as well as knock them into the air; however, Kaguya can cancel the detonation if she so wishes. If Kaguya is standing near an opponent, she can attach the glyph directly to them; now, it is able to transfer between characters should they pass by each other; the small dark green box is rather difficult to see, so Kaguya must be careful it has not migrated back to herself before she blows it up. The Broken Fang stuck on characters will fall off after fifteen seconds and can also fall off if the character takes a strong blow. If Kaguya chooses not to detonate Broken Fang, it will explode automatically after 26 2/3 seconds. The Broken Fang also does not explode automatically when Kaguya is knocked out, allowing Kaguya to defeat her opponents even when she is out cold.
- Night God Judgment (ナイト・ゴッド・ジャッジメント, Naito Goddo Jajjimento): Kaguya's most powerful Lacrima-enabled spell; borne from white Lacrima, which is very rare and expensive, being artificially manufactured specifically for her. When performing the Night God Judgment spell, Kaguya charges magical power upon the sharp edge of Aegis while the white Lacrima is scattered upon the shield, as Kaguya condenses stray magical energy in the area into the shield, in addition to the magical energy she has absorbed with her Second Origin Release, as well as her own immense magical energy, intensifying the magical energy by convergence and acceleration; thus causing the shield to glow a brilliant white as runes manifest of the shield. From there, Kaguya uses Accel Step to unleash a short burst of pure speed, and by catching her opponent's magical energy with her shield and striking the specific weak point, Kaguya can reflect the attack back at her opponent with the added power of the magical blast; which is activated by swinging the shield at her desired target, causing the energy to produce a massive explosion upon impact as it cleaves through them effortlessly. The ensnared energy combined with her own magical blast takes on the form of several destructive tornadoes. However, this technique specifically requires a second magical aura to activate, and thus is useless against normal human opponents. In addition, it will only work if Kaguya's magical blast is able to overwhelm that of her opponent without completely dwarfing it, making it unusable against mages whose power surpasses her own. This technique has the capability to obliterate an entire skyscraper at full strength. Whenever she wishes, Kaguya can wrap this technique around her shield, allowing her to fire it at will by putting her own magical energy into the attack, but repetitive use will drain her energy until she is too weak to fire it; and it turns enemies into ice shards when defeated.
Oversoul Magic (オーバーソウル・マジック, Ōbasōru Majikku): A powerful magic that was borne from numerous experiments; it is said to be a perfect mix of scientific knowledge and magic. When utilizing this magic, the user is able to form and reshape almost any part of their body into various weapons by using the nanomachines in their body; this is done by stimulating the nanomachines with the user's magical power; which causes them to submit to the user's will; granting them complete control over them. All in all, Oversoul Magic allows the user to turn almost any part of their body parts into various objects, preferably weapons or tools used for combat; the nanomachines that circulate through their body allow them to do this. The user usually utilizes their long hair for transformation, occasionally using their arms and feet. When nothing else is within reach, they can form their body or limbs into claws, blades, guns, hammers, etc. In short, their arsenal is limited only by their imagination. Additionally, the user can alter their density to be as malleable or as hard as they wish; they can manipulate and alter skin, nails, fat, muscles, blood, nerves, etc., allowing them to freely alter and manipulate themselves; and they can additional appendages and body-parts, remove them or otherwise manipulate bodies, in visible, chemical and cellular/sub-cellular levels. The user can absorb the organic matter of other living creatures, converting it into more biomass. This process sustains and regenerates the user's health. In addition, the user can consume individuals, absorbing their knowledge, skills, and even their physical form, which they can call upon at will. They can manipulate their physical form to create weapons to attack their enemies, generate armour to defend themselves, and take on the appearance of another person to disguise themselves. A downside to Oversoul Magic is that if the user utilizes the power excessively, the nanomachines in their body overheat, leaving them extremely weak and unable to move; sometimes causing them to pass out.
Reverse Soul Magic
Reverse Soul Magic (反魂の魔法, Hangon no Mahō): Reverse Soul Magic is a deadly subsection of the Black Arts; more specifically, that of Living Magic. Whereas Living Magic is a type of Magic that allows the user to bring life to their creations, Reverse Soul Magic is a Magic which affects the user's soul. Casting the magic, the user gathers their magical power within their soul and compresses it; this causes a unique effect where the user's other attributes—including their life energy, magical energy, strength, intelligence and knowledge, agility, and finally, their talent in magic, is split into two even halves. Then, the user's body undergoes a process similar to asexual reproduction; however, instead of the user producing two more of themselves, the user indeed does split into two halves. The skills of the user are split amongst the two halves, as well as their personality traits; additionally, the two beings produced are struck with a bad case of amnesia, not remembering anything about their "original self".
However, in most cases, the personality of the original being is heavily diluted within the duo produced; becoming almost one-dimensional. This is because if a person that the original being once knew attempted to talk to them more than just basic greetings or instructions, they would scream in pain and collapse, as memories slowly begin to surface—if the memories fully emerge, one of the two beings will fade out of existence. Due to the lack of a soul, the two beings cannot truly feel emotions; but in most cases, they often pretend that they can, pretending to be "a real human". Through interacting with others, the two beings are able to "remember" what it was like to have emotions, thus allowing them to respond correctly to specific situations. Although the two beings are born as empty shells, they are capable of developing identity of their own over time.
The body of the two beings may be warped to a degree from its original form, depending on the strength of the user's Reverse Soul Magic. Additionally, the shells can be implanted with the soul of another, becoming a vessel for that soul; magic that the two beings possess is more often than not a split between the powers of the original magic. In most cases, Reverse Soul Magic is irreversible; but if both halves of the original being manage to obtain the Merging Magic "Junction", then the original being will be reborn for short periods of time. In a sense, the original being is never truly fully alive again, and can only exist for mere minutes at a time. People have noted that Reverse Soul Magic is eerily similar to how The Exalted One had split itself into Origin and Varian; indeed, the creator of the magic did study up on the mythos of the world in order to create this magic.
Soul Armours (神鎧 (ソウル・アーマー), Sōru Āmā lit. God Armour) are specialized armours worn by various powerful warriors known as Soul Armour Knights (神鎧纏最高戦士 (ソウル・アーマー・ナイト), Sōru Āmā Naito lit. God Armour Clad Supreme Warrior); they are human or humanoid warriors who transforms from a natural human form using a Driver Belt into a superhuman form clad in the armour. The Knights secretly patrol their respective territories to protect civilians from demons. Armed with special magical equipment, the knights carry an eternal war to maintain the light over the darkness in the realm. When transforming into their Soul Armour form, the user raises the Ring Holder on the Turbo Driver and inserts the Change Ring into it before pushing it back down to display a gold "T" sign. This causes a set of wheel projections to shoot out and materialize the armour around the user as the wheels separate into various pieces while the armour merges with the users body in order to cover them in a blue energy light, materializing the Soul Armour's scarf and complete the transformation; allowing the user to become Soul Armour Knight Turbo (神鎧纏最高戦士 (ソウル・アーマー・ナイト) ・速戦士 (ターボ), Sōru Āmā Naito Tābo lit. God Armour Clad Supreme Warrior Velocity Warrior).
Soul Armour Knight Turbo (神鎧纏最高戦士 (ソウル・アーマー・ナイト) ・速戦士 (ターボ), Sōru Āmā Naito Tābo lit. God Armour Clad Supreme Warrior Velocity Warrior): Soul Armour Knight Turbo is the name of the Soul Armour utilized by Akira Kobayashi, Kaguya Kobayashi's older brother; and later by Kaguya herself. Soul Armour Knight Turbo holds its design basis upon a motorcycle, with a predominantly white colour scheme in regards to the armoured parts that cover approximately ninety percent of the body, with a black under suit. On the left side, a paired red stripe reaches down to the belt, and there are a trio of glowing azure panels on the legs which light up when Turbo utilizes their Engine ability. The helmet is a stylized motorcycle helmet, with a transparent azure visor, along with two red stripes going down the middle and two antennae just above the visor. On the right shoulder, a signal shaped like a wheel rests which lights up when Turbo manifests their magic.
The Soul Armour Knight known as Turbo is referred to as the "fastest knight", with a speed equivalent to the evolved Gaiki's in its normal form without Turbo using its Knight Power. Turbo has lighter parts and vernier/attitude control thrusters than most other New Generation Soul Armours; this allows the Soul Armour to achieve unprecedented mobility. This is only enhanced by the fact that Turbo also has the ability to hover in the air for a short period of time by jettisoning power through well-hidden vents along the armour's thighs. The generated thrust is the strongest amongst all New Generation Soul Armours, allowing Turbo to move at extremely high speeds, and while it isn't able to make sharp turns, it can turn fairly well due to the vents having been mounted on the legs. While Turbo's punching and kicking power is shown to be slightly below almost any other knight's when not in motion, though when moving, the physical power is about on-par with the others, if slightly not more powerful. Kaguya's brother, Akira, is the First Turbo (初代速戦士 (ターボ), Shōdai Tābo), and Kaguya becomes the Second Turbo (二代目速戦士 (ターボ), Nidaime Tābo), succeeding him.
Omega Turbo (オメガ・ターボ, Omega Tābo): Omega Turbo is the name of the Turbo Soul Armour's pseudo-Super Mode. More specifically, the form is something that is unprecedented, as the phenomenon that caused the form to come into existence was Kaguya's fighting spirit burning brightly. Omega Turbo is the first and only example of a knight transforming utilizing two Driver Belts at the same time, combining the strengths of both and amplifying them further to create a form akin to the Super Mode of the Prototype Soul Armours. In Apex of Evolution, after Sion Kenzaki shields Kaguya from the knight of Tachys Caladbolg's attack, taking a fatal attack meant for Kaguya, Sion gives Kaguya her Driver Belt before passing away; but this prompts Kaguya to fight the Black Soul Armour Knight again. Having finally acknowledged Sion as somebody close to her, Kaguya slung the Progress Driver around her waist, revving the levers of both belts in order to induce a double transformation, becoming Omega Turbo. Once initiated, a portion of Agito's armour parts envelop Turbo's body while remnants of her own armour parts are left behind.
In this form, Turbo's abilities skyrocket beyond that of the individual abilities of herself and Agito's, allowing her to easily fight and overwhelm Tachys Caladbolg, whereas even Amadam and Marisa Sejren could not gain the upper hand individually. During the battle against Tachys Caladbolg, Agito's Gehaburn tendrils assist Turbo by allowing her to resist her enemy's paralysis. As Omega Turbo, Kaguya wields the Arms Weapons of her original Soul Armour and Agito; the Wheeler Gunner and Evol Axe, respectively. In addition, she can harness Agito's Soul Eater Knight Power, and her own Engine is boosted to the point that she can effortlessly outpace Tachys Caladbolg, whose own Nitro Knight Power allowed him to move at Mach 12. Lastly, Kaguya is also capable of manifesting Agito's wings to enable flight. Other abilities that Kaguya can induce include advanced energy shielding, which generates a black misty bubble-like protective area around her that is capable of deflecting energy attacks, and utilizing the smaller tires under her feet as a pair of roller skates.
When their train gets derailed, the two team up to fight off some criminals. At first, Kaguya doesn't think much of Tsuruko's abilities, seeing herself as vastly superior in combat; however, the moment that Tsuruko utilizes the Zero Effect to disintegrate an Altairis attack before using her super strength to fling the assailant into the distance surprises her greatly; though she still considers her to have a bad stance and their lack of communication and coordination drastically hampers their effectiveness. Even so, she later thanks Tsuruko for her assistance under her breath. Ironically, Kaguya became an ardent supporter of Tsuruko's alter ego as Gaiki after Tsuruko-as-Gaiki saved her, despite popular opinion against 'him'; even going as far as to make a Gaiki Fan Club; inviting everyone except Tsuruko to join and scared away reporters when they tried to interview people about their reasons for hating the Soul Armour Knight. It is hinted that Kaguya has a crush on Gaiki; despite her hatred of Soul Armours, she seems willing to put such a thing aside in this case. When Tsuruko tells her that she's Gaiki, Kaguya doesn't believe her; even when evidence for it constantly mounts up—to the point that when Tsuruko transforms next to her, she deliberately ignores it.
However, in all seriousness, as their arc together progresses, Kaguya finally gets to see for herself why a lot of people like Tsuruko when Tsuruko sticks up for her when her family begins berating her for not accomplishing more, and later when Tsuruko tanks an attack meant for her launched by Aquarius. Moved by Tsuruko's compassion, even when she'd treated her like crap, Kaguya quietly muses to herself that she'd begin treating her better from "now on". Their friendship is then finally solidified when Kaguya later admits to before how she knew it, she ended up in a "group of losers" and how she cannot escape what is known as a bond. She later ended up using her family's money to pay to build the Bifrost Bridge that connects Four to Hargeon as Tsuruko and her old friends always wanted, sapping all of their wealth.
|Tsuruko Sejren | Giselle Mercury | Gary Straights | Deen Lhant | Excellen Kilekion | Kaguya Kobayashi|
|Joker | Kirika Hotsuin | Alexis Tenjouin | Suzuka Kobayashi | Leanne Rockwell | Charlotte Merquise | Culebre | Abyssion | Chakravartin | Amadam | Níðhöggr | Camilla Straights | Klaus | Signa|
|Sion Kenzaki | Jonas | Marisa Sejren | Kinos Sejren | Alicia Lhant | Velvet Ashdoll|
|Alphonse Sejren | Aigrette Tenjouin | Dzerve Sejren | Hikari Zanna | Mr. E | Ashley Briett|
|Tsuruko Faction | Zodiac Knights | Magic Council | Paranormal Investigation Unit | Allies of Justice | Four Heavenly Kings | Ten Wizard Saints | Amadam's Empire | Preventers|
|Soul Armours | Magius | Hellion | Reionyx | Different Dimensions | Aether | Old World | Zero Effect | Ardor | Deus Machina | Dimension King Style|