Lightning Dragon King (雷龍王, Rairyūō)
Dirty Blond (Manga)
|Base of Operations||
Julian Kervic (ジュリアン クアビック, Kuabikku Jurian) is the older half brother to Vance and Simca Kervic, being the first bon son of the same father and his first wife. A powerful mage who uses Dragon Slayer Magic, Julian is a former mage of a dark guild but his current affiliation is unknown.
AppearanceJulian is an extremely tall man with a youthful appearance who sports an incredible physique, as well as having a darker dirty blond colored hair and cold piercing blue eyes, all of these features make Julian an extremely handsome man by many others, most notably women.
An extremely tall man, Julian is shown to have an incredible physique, one that consists of numerous ropes of muscle piled upon one another. Julian is shown to be an extremely well toned individual, having not only a heavy amount of muscle on his body, but all of the muscle is perfectly proportionate to his body and height. Starting with his upper body, Julian is shown to have wide shoulders and a broad chest, one that while appears to unimpressive at first glance often surprises one upon seeing, or more often, striking it, is well toned without a singe ounce of useless muscle, or any muscle in the wrong place. His arms, like his chest are scrawny at first glance, but contain a hidden amount of muscle in them, his arms allow Julian to deliver both powerful and quick punches in quick succession. Julian is also shown to have highly developed and toned abs, sporting ten pack abs, all of which incredibly strong and durable, capable of taking hits without sustaining much damage. Attributing to his great height, Julian has extremely long legs each leg being as long as his upper body, his legs like the rest of him are also well defined, his legs allowing him to perform feats of immense speed, extremely high jumps and to deliver powerful kicks, the latter of which can crush stone and metal with ease.
As a man with a great height Julian is shown to wear mostly custom clothes, the most common of which include jeans, regular t-shirts, and some dress style clothes. Julian is shown to favor certain kinds of casual clothes, and can be commonly seen wearing a pair of faded blue jeans with a hole in the knee of each leg and often more skin tight shirts or shirts that are only a size or two above what he wears. When relaxing Julian can be seen wearing something more akin to formal attire, one that consists of black pants with a long sleeved, pin stripped button-up shirt with a collar, his shirt having a ruffled edge along the buttons and their corresponding holes as well as the cuffs of the shirt having the same type of ruffles that are around the buttons. Along with the shirt Julian is often seen wearing a thin ribbon-like bow-tie as well.Aside from his usual clothes, Julian is known to wear armor when fighting, the armor which complements his primary magic. The armors appearance is of highly polished steel with blue highlights along the chest, arms, and two large blue stones imbedded within the shoulder pieces of the armor. The armor is adorned with a shield-like inlay as the top of the chest with three crosses going down the breast of the armor. The armor itself consists of a single large, thick breast piece, the arms have the appearance of being twisted, although their not, and a plate-metal like skirt which covers Julian's upper thighs. Along his legs are armor that reaches his feet, which are armored as well. The leg armor is highlighted by a polished steel colored stripe running from the waist down to the plate-mail armor that covers the top of his feet, as well as having armored kneepads which are each adorned by a cross, much like the ones that are along his breastplate. Finishing off his armor is a leather belt which holds a sheath for his sword.
PersonalityCalm and cool, Julian is a collected person who tends to mind his own business, greatly disliking the nosiness of others, as well as not caring about another business other than his own. Often a quite man, Julian can often be seen minding his own affairs without speaking to others. An antsy person, Julian prefers to be active doing something whether it's training or even fixing something, Julian just prefers to be on the move, but this doesn't mean that he dislikes his own quality time as he will savor it when the mood strikes him. Julian is shown that despite his calm, cool and collected personality he has a nasty disposition, commonly shown by threatening of others when they irritate him, or otherwise annoy him in any way. Along with his nasty disposition, Julian is shown to have a relatively short fuse, but usually this is more for annoyances, and often end in a threat to whoever annoyed Julian in the first place.
Julian is shown that when he is forced to fight that he in an extremely ruthless, vicious, cunning, and aggressive fighter, often pursuing his adversary in their attempts to run, but mostly makes sure that their unable to fight. An unrelenting fighter Julian makes sure that his opponents are either dead or incapable of fighting, often for the rest of their lives. Along with his nasty disposition, Julian is also an extremely brutal individual when fighting, taking maniacal pleasure from the torture of his enemies such as breaking their arms, legs, dislocating joints and such just for his own pleasure, making him an extremely sadistic person.
While considered a man without morals and scruples, and largely true, Julian has shown to have one good, uncorrupted spot in him towards children, but this still doesn't mean that he is above harming them if needed. Julian is shown that despite his personality that he isn't arrogant, but has the utmost trust and confidence in his own skills and abilities. Along with his lack of arrogance he usually isn't boastful, except when he has lost himself in the middle of a good fight. Having a healthy amount of pride, Julian is shown to have little pride when fighting as it only clouds one's judgment.
Broadsword: Julian's weapons of choice is a long dual-bladed broadsword. Julian's sword has a longer blade with a flared out tip resembling a Monk's Spade, the blade also has a thick fuller in the middle of it making the blade even lighter and stronger still, and has an average golden/bronzed hilt. Julian's sword is made of the rare and unique metal known as Domus Steel, a metal ore that easily resonates with a wizards magical power. Julian's sword is shown to be extremely durable being able to take the most brutal of attacks without breaking, cracking, or even chipping, the blade is also extremely dense making Julian's attacks all that much heavier, but the blade itself isn't heavy, even before the fuller was added the sword was extremely light, a fact attributed to that material the blade is made of. Being made of Domus Steel, Julian's sword is extremely effective at conducting his magic, especially the lightning portion of it, the blades material is able to provide a path with zero resistance, in actuality the blade boosts the conduction of his lightning making it several times more potent than usual.
Powers and Abilities
Ways of Combat
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: As a Dragon Slayer Julian in an extremely proficient fighter in unarmed combat. Preferring to use an unorthodox form of improvised boxing, Julian is incredibly skillful in his style of fighting. Capable of delivering incredibly fast and devastatingly powerful attacks one after another creating powerful chains of attacks that leave no room for counterattack by his opponents, Julian is a highly aggressive fighter, often only stopping when his opposition cannot continue or is dead. Preferring his upper body to attack with, Julian often uses powerful right jabs and lightning fast left hooks, a single right jab from Julian is powerful enough to completely shatter steel while he is able to attack multiple times and multiple opponents within just a matter of moments.
While preferring to use a more standard form of boxing, Julian has demonstrated to use techniques from other forms of boxing such knee and elbow strikes as seen in Muay Thai and Muay Boran, as well as using his incredibly long legs in preforming powerful kicks as seen more in Kickboxing. With the addition of these techniques, albeit only used when absolutely needed, increases Julian's lethality greatly, making him an even more formidable fighter then he already is. These extra techniques allows Julian to increase the diversity of his already established attack chains, making his already powerful attacks to become even more vicious. The combination of Julian's immense physical abilities, his aggressive personality, and his overwhelming fighting style makes him an extremely lethal, and highly dangerous combatant to face, armed or not.
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: An exceptionally skilled individual with a blade, Julian uses his blade only when needed, such as against another wielding a blade or when his unarmed combat is proved ineffective. Julian is an extremely proficient user with a blade, capable of attacking and defending almost simultaneously, as well as being able to hold his own against an adversary of greater skill without much difficulty, as well as being able to freely change the flow of a battle so as to suit his own needs in said fight. Often using slow but extremely powerful sword swings, Julian is capable of using more precise and much quicker attacks with his sword, often times attacking before his opponent can react.
Julian is known for using a broad sword style, this often means that he uses wide, powerful swings, as well as using hacking and slashing motions to attack with, both of which are only empowered by the fact that Julian's blade is dual-edged making a single attack in reality a second attack is needed. The fast that his blade has two sharpened edges makes most follow-up attacks extremely difficult to avoid for Julian's opponents. Using the dual-edged of his blade to his advantage, Julian will commonly employ a powerful downward strike to break through his opponents defenses followed by a quick upward slash from his sword, creating a two way attack.
Monstrous Physical Strength: As with most other Dragon Slayers, and most combatants who prefer unarmed combat Julian is immensely strong physically, this is shown by his incredible physique, one that is layered with muscle upon muscle. Common demonstrations of his strength include the utter pulverization of stone and rock, the effortless breaking of even the strongest of metals, and the easy breaking of even a diamond hard substance. Often using his strength when fighting, Julian is able to dish out insane amounts of damage to anyone or anything that stands in his way, using his strength to completely and utterly decimate his opposition. With his strength Julian is capable of throwing objects and people that are several times his size and weight without any visible effort. Julian's physical strength is great enough to allow him to create a cavern in the ground with a single punch without the enhancement of his magic. When using his magic Julian's physical strength is increased by several times making him even deadlier than his usual.
Inhuman Speed: Julian is an individual that possesses an immense amount of physical speed, an attribute that is only further enhanced by his primary Dragon Slayer magic. using just his natural speed Julian is capable of moving from point to point almost instantly, in a motion that seems like he's simply teleporting, this is without the use of his Teleportation Magic. His speed is great enough to allow him to end a fight before it even has the chance to begin, often ending with him as the victor. Using just his speed alone Julian is capable of keeping up with or outstripping even the fastest of people, and is even capable of keeping pace with users of Lightning Magic. Highly efficient footwork combined with his speed allows Julian to move in any direction that he needs to in order to dodge and evade an attack.
Immense Endurance, Durability, and Pain Tolerance: Along with his strength and speed Julian possesses an incredible amount of endurance, durability and a high amount of tolerance to pain. capable of fighting for extreme amounts of time, Julian can continuously dish out his trademark attacks without tiring, and can continuously use his magical power for a comparable amount of time in part to his immense reserves of magical power. In addition to his endurance Julian is able to take as much punishment as he can dish out; capable of surviving being thrown through several walls of reinforced concrete and steel, being crushed by immense weight, and even being impaled, Julian simply gets up and dusts himself off as if nothing has happened at all which leads many to find him to more demon or monster than human. In addition to both his endurance and durability Julian can tolerate a level of pain that would actually kill most such as being crushed by a boulder that weighs several tons or more gruesome, Julian can survive being impaled through the chest as if nothing has happened.
Enhanced Senses: Like all other Dragon Slayers Julian has heightened physical senses, his senses are several times greater than a normal humans often on par with an actual dragon. Capable of using his senses in and out of combat that tend to be a highly useful attribute and invaluable resource of Julian's.
- Enhanced Smell: Like all Dragon Slayers Julian has a highly developed sense of smell, one that rivals or even supersedes animals and creatures with the greatest sense of smell, Julian's is shown to rival an actual dragons. using his sense of smell Julian is able to track multiple individuals at one time, even though a crowded city. Capable of picking up a scent that has all but vanished, Julian can track an individual that has passed through a certain point up to two months before and still track them. Like most animals within the canine family Julian only needs to be exposed to a scent once and he'll be able to remember forever.
- Enhanced Sight: Next after his smell Julian's greatest sense is his sight. capable of seeing electromagnetic waves thanks to his signature magic, this allows him to predict another's next action before they make it. Julian's vision is great enough to allow him to see at distances far greater than the average human, with the exception of wizards that use specialized forms of Eye Magic, Julian claims to be able to see up to a mile and still be able to make out extremely intricate descriptions of what he sees, but he can see distances further but his ability to distinguish objects and items decreases by an unknown amount every 350 yards (1050 feet), being unable to make out even moderately intricate objects past four miles.
- Enhanced Hearing: The last of Julian's enhanced senses and the weakest of the three is his hearing. While the weakest of his senses, Julian's hearing is still far above that of an average humans, his hearing being on par with the of an anime that almost solely relies on its hearing. Capable of hearing at great distances, Julian is capable of hearing a conversation from over fifteen meters when the conversation is at a regular volume. Using his hearing Julian is also capable of picking up certain ultrasonic and infrasonic sound waves, but only the ones that are the closest to the human hearing range.
Expert Tracker: Julian is shown to be a very capable tracker, a skill that is only complemented by his enhanced sight, smell and hearing. Using his tree primary enhanced senses Julian is capable of easily tracking humans and animals alike with extreme ease. With the use of his enhanced senses Julian is capable of tracking almost anything in almost any location, whether it be in a crowded city or a vastly expansive jungle.
Immense Magical Power: An incredibly powerful mage, Julian boasts a level of magical power close to that of one of the lower members of the Ten Wizard Saints, a true testament to his immense magical power. Like other Dragon Slayer's Julian's magical power manifests itself as his signature elements, lightning and shadows in his case. Just the sheer release of his magical power, especially the lightning aspect of it can case a city wide blackout almost instantly, while the shadows can turn day into night. The sheer force of Julian's magical power is enough to uproot and warp the ground, as well as being able to completely shatter wherever he is standing when he releases his power. When releasing his magical power it takes the form of powerful ships of lightning and electricity that can and will kill anything that struck by it. Like all other Dragon Slayers Julian is capable of consuming his elements, lightning and shadows/darkness to replenish, heal, empower himself and his magical powers.
Like his personality, Julian's magic is usually calm and very collected until he is irritated or angered in which case it becomes a large storm of lightning and shadows that consumes everything without prejudice. When actually fighting Julian's magic is extremely volatile and highly destructive, his magical power often causing severe repercussions to the environment. With his immense magical power Julian is able to use nothing but the force from it to attack and defend with such as being able to release powerful shockwaves that can disrupt incoming attacks and can even cause damage to an opponent. Magic originates from a Magic Origin (魔原, Magen), which is exactly what the wording indicates—it is a special organ that is located within the body of a magician, that absorbs Eternano and bunches it up into clusters, which is processed into magical power.
- Second Origin Activation (二番原解放, Nibangen Kaihō): Second Origin is a force known as the "second container" of magical energy in an individual. This container exists due to the mage in question constantly, and passively, absorbing a quantity of magic from the environment to renew their original reserves. Any excess is placed within this container and kept sealed until absolutely necessary, or unlocked through a Second Origin Release spell. This Second Origin, when initially activated, places an enormous level of stress on the body unless it is awoken in gradual amounts, as the body isn't accustomed to handling so much magical energy in the body at one time. This can be circumvented by mages with control of their magic, however, allowing them to restore the magical power as a reserve that can be accessed whenever required, therefore providing an extremely useful back-up. Second Origin Activation can only be taken place, as said before, by mages who have control over their own magical energy. It generally only works when one is in a magic-rich environment and has nearly exhausted their initial supplies. By absorbing a copious quantity of magic from the surrounding environment passively (which can be noticed through a tingling sensation in the body), the user's internal reserves can be released at the same time. This, in turn, allows for an immense quantity of magic to replace the initial, depleting reserves. Notably, one can allow the Second Origin to passively increase the quantity of magic that is within it, so long as it isn't used during this period of time, otherwise it has to accumulate magic once again. The overall effects of activating the Second Origin are quite evident: an enormous boost in magical energy, empowered spells, ability to enhance physical strikes with magical reinforcements, temporarily breaking the "laws" of magic with specific equipment, and the rest. Notably, Second Origin is thought to be powerful enough to make a S-Class Candidate become as strong as a fully fledged S-Class Mage, while making an experienced S-Class Mage even stronger. Though it should be noted that most S-Class Mages are nearing this level of magical power in any case.
- Lightning Resistance: As lightning is Julian's original magical element he is shown to completely immune to the effects of regular lightning and electricity, natural and magical alike. Julian, while impervious to most lightning is still vulnerable to higher-tier lightning such as that from a God Slayer.
- Shadow Resistance:
Dragon Slayer Magic
Electron Shade Dragon Slayer Magic (電影の滅竜魔法, Denei no Metsuryū Mahō) is a form of Lost Caster Magic, a form of Dragon Slayer Magic and lastly a form of Dual Element Dragon Slayer Magic, in this case lightning and shadows/darkness. Unlike other forms of Dual Elemental Dragon Slayer Magic Julian is able to fuse his two respective elements in his body before releasing it allowing for far more powerful and devastating effects than normal. The generated lightning and electricity from this magic can be manipulated in a large variety of ways, their "type" can be changed at will, and can be given a material consistency. The types of material consistencies can range from "blunt" to "piercing" to even harmless allowing Julian to grasp and object or person without electrocuting them, but unless desired all of the material consistencies will operate as dictated along with its natural paralytic effect of paralyzing the target(s). Like other Dragon Slayers Julian's emotions play a large part in the power of his elements, anger in his case fuels their strength. Also like other Dragon Slayers Julian capable of consuming external sources of lightning and shadows/darkness to invigorate, heal, and empower himself but is unable to consume the elements that are produced by his own magic, and is also unable to consume his elements when they're produced by a magic of a higher-tier than his own, such as by a God Slayer as doing so would result in negative adverse effects to his body unless he completely voids his regular magical container before consuming the elements. Unlike the standard coloration of lightning for this type of magic, Julian's often alternates between golden yellow and bright blue.
The generated lightning and electricity is shown to exceptionally powerful, capable of destroying stone and metal simply from the force of it with ease. Capable of multiple uses Julian's lightning is extremely versatile; by changing the lightning's consistency Julian is able to cause blunt damage, by increasing its piercing ability the lightning can go through almost any substance with ease, the consistency can even be made to allow the lightning to grasp objects and people without harm to them. Able to be released in a multitude of ways, Julian's lightning can be launched as simply blasts, as waves, or commonly as streaks or bolts of lightning to attack and defend with. Like others Julian is capable of releasing his lightning from every portion of his body, as well as being able to transform his entire person into lightning as a quick means of escape, or as a way to move from location to location at high speeds, this ability provides Julian complete intangibility to all forms of physical attack to his body. Like regular Lightning Magic, users of this magic can cast and create their lightning at a distance, Julian is no exception to this ability. Something that should be noted about the lightning created by this magic is that it carries an extremely high amperage, a single discharge of lightning being several times greater than a natural bolt of lightning, it also has an extremely powerful current, and can travel through multiple mediums without the need of an object that attracts lightning. Another note about this particular magic is that it can be redirected by an object acting as a lightning rod. Another one of the uses of the lightning is that it allows Julian to control electromagnetism, allowing him to magnetize metals or even people in some instances, the electromagnetism also allows Julian the ability to walk on walls, and even grants him a limited degree of flight.
Julian's secondary element granted through the implantation of a Lacrima is of a slightly more ambiguous designation as it can control all forms of shadows and darkness alike. Capable of using his second element with just as much effectiveness as his lightning, Julian can attack and defend with the produced darkness, it having an incredible amount of destructive power but it is still weaker than Julian's lightning, making the darkness more suited for other uses. Like his lightning Julian is able to change the type and material consistency of the darkness, which usually is completely intangible having no real form thus making trapping, confining, or grasping it impossible; the types of consistencies the darkness can take are "blunt" allowing it to smash and crush objects and people alike, it can be given a "sharp" consistency allowing it slice through a number of objects, it can be given a "piercing" attribute allowing it physically go through objects, and lastly it can be given a simple physical form allowing it grab objects without harming them. With complete control over this magic's properties Julian can freely change the shadows and darkness's shape at will, changing it into walls, shields, platforms, etc. and with extreme precision. With the use of this form of magic Julian can freely control anything that casts a shadow or any natural form of darkness, making this magic extremely useful during times or in areas of low light, but Julian is capable of casting and producing his own shadows and darkness; one of this magic's most useful abilities is its ability to manipulate the shadows of another person allowing Julian to freely control them like a puppet or he can bind them in place with his cast shadows. As stated before Julian's shadows and darkness are not as powerful as his lightning, at least not directly, his shadows and darkness have certain abilities that make it unique; these abilities include being able to swallow up almost anything into a bottomless void that will crush everything that it swallows into nothingness, but with Julian's command the void can be made to simply swallow up objects without crushing them, storing them in a pocket similar to that of Requip, objects taken in like this can then be expelled from the void of the shadows and darkness, this even includes attack spells cast towards Julian, the last of these abilities allows Julian to sink into the void of his darkness to avoid attacks while he can sink into the shadows to move at a quickened pace to avoid attacks and to surprise his opponents, these abilities make this magic extremely deadly. Like with his lightning Julian is able to transform his entire person into a mass of shadows and darkness making him completely intangible making him pretty much impervious to damage, but if caught by someone while intangible or by someone with similar abilities or in a similar form Julian becomes vulnerable to damage.
The fusion of Julian's two elements his lightning and shadows/darkness are shown to be exceptionally powerful, easily outclassing the two elements when used separately, the combination of the elements creating a black colored lightning, looking exactly like that of Lightning God Slayer Magic. As stated before the fusion of the two elements happens inside of Julian's body before being used unlike other Dual Elemental Dragon Slayers who need to generate the elements separately before combining them making Julian's spells significantly more powerful in comparison. The combination of the elements causes them to become significantly faster and more destructive then before while at the same time giving the new element certain properties of its components such as the being able to paralyze people struck by its spells while also being able to transform into a mass of electrically charged shadows and darkness gaining a massively bolstered increase in speed while in said form. The black lightning, like the standard lightning of one of its parent magic can be cast at a distance from Julian's person, as well as still being able to release the black lightning from every portion of his body at will. Like the shadows the black lightning is extremely flexible being capable of creating solid constructs. One thing to note about the fusion of these two certain elements is that the shadows and darkness act like a perfect conductor to Julian's lightning; the shadows that comprise the black lightning allows the lightning component to flow without any form of resistance, the shadows actually allows the lightning component to flow at a faster rate, with greater intensity, and with greater amounts and thus the black lightning created by the union of these two elements has an even greater amperage then anything in nature making the black lightning incredibly lethal.
- Lightning Dragon's Roar (雷竜の咆哮, Rairyū no Hōkō) is the basic "breath" technique of the Dragon Slayer Magic line, and the first spell taught by dragons to humans. This spell while the first, and most basic, is still extremely powerful, often times being able to be charged or held before releasing it. Julian starts by gathering an immense amount of lightning in his mouth before expelling a massive amount of lightning in the direction that he is facing, the lightning being extremely fast, and capable of immense amounts of destruction. This spell has two forms of execution, the first and more complex involves Julian to put both of his hands in front of his mouth, giving him the appearance of a trumpeter, before expelling the lightning in between his hands creating a thin stream of lightning which then rapidly expands, and the second method is simply gathering it into his mouth and expelling it; the second method is also much faster, having cut out any complex, and unneeded motions. Julian's "Roar" is extremely powerful, capable of destroying multiple buildings before loosing power and vaporizing everything else, his roar is also extremely fast, often reaching his opponent before they can react to it. An extremely powerful spell despite its basic nature this spell can often become the most powerful because of its versatility; Julian is able to change the trajectory, speed, power, range, and almost other aspects of this spell mid-flight, as well as being able to simply change this spells trajectory by turning his head while releasing it causing it to take on a curved path. Like all of his other lightning spells this spell will paralyze its target when struck.
- Lightning Dragon's Breakdown Fist (雷竜の内訳拳, Rairyū no Hoken) is another basic spell of the lightning dragon, but an incredibly powerful one none the less. To preform this spell Julian will bring one of his arms back until his fist is level with his jawline, from this point he will channel and charge an immense amount of lightning into his arm and fist. Once enough lightning has been gathered in his arm Julian will thrust his arm forward in a punching motion which will release the stored lightning in the shape of a massive fist forward in the direction Julian is facing. The lightning fist was an immense amount of destructive force capable of easily demolishing several tall building with ease and vaporizing everything else in its path. Along with its destructive power this spell is also very fast, an attribute that makes it hard to evade, especially combined with its huge range. Julian has shown capable of casting this spell on a smaller scale; by charging only his fists with lightning and making a punching motion, Julian can release blasts of lightning the size of his fists instead of the single large fist that this spell normally creates. These small fists have severely reduced destructive power but are considerably faster and can instantly paralyze a target if hit by them.
- Lightning Dragon's Heavenward Halberd (雷竜 ・方天戟, Rairyū Hōtengeki) is an incredibly powerful Lightning Dragon Slayer spell in Julian's arsenal. To preform this spell Julian begins by raising both of his arms up above his head with his palms open and facing each other as he charges his lightning between his palms, passing it back and forth as he continues to add more and more lightning. As he generates and gathers lightning between his hands it starts to take the shape of a large spear. Once the spear has formed, at least its rough shape, Julian will grasp it in one hand, then will proceed to throw it at his target at great speeds. As the rough shaped spear travels it will change its shape into that of a tree pronged trident. Once this spell connects with its target, or anything else of that matter, it will pierce through whatever it has struck before exploding violently. A spell that carries an extreme amount of destructive force this spell isn't without its own weaknesses, the first and foremost is that it requires an incredible amount of magic to form and has a longer prep time than most other spell sin Julian's arsenal. Like all of Julian's other lightning spells this spell will paralyze anything or anybody that isn't destroyed or outright killed by it.
- Lightning Dragon's Iron Fist (雷竜の鉄拳, Rairyū no Tekken) is a simple spell that most Dragon Slayers have access to with their respective elements. By charging his fists with lightning Julian increases his hand to hand combat abilities by a significant amount. With his fists charged with electricity Julian's already deadly punches are greatly enhanced, each punch that would land with this spell active paralyzes its target making them more susceptible to follow up attacks and Julian needn't worry about a counterattack. This spell combined with Julian's physique is extremely deadly, most hits preformed with this spell active causes an extreme amount of physical knock back to his opponents, often sending them flying backwards for a multitude of meters.
- Lightning Dragon's Running Claw (雷竜の坐礁爪, Rairyū no Zashōme) a unique spell in Julian's arsenal and powerful one none the less. To use this spell Julian will hold one of his hands in the shape of a claw as he channels his lightning into it. Unlike many other "claw" spells that other Dragon Slayers have where they simply slash at an enemy, Julian will instead swing his hand upwards in an uppercut like motion once he has enough magic charged into his hand, which releases the stored lightning. Once this spell is cast it creates four bolts of lightning that will charge forward from its casting point, each bolt of lightning will actively seek out its own target. This spell is extremely effective against multiple opponents, and works as a great distraction because it forces Julian's opponents to constantly move, unable to stop for fear of receiving the force of this attack.
- Lightning Dragon's Jaw (雷竜の顎, Rairyū no Agito) is a powerful Lightning Dragon Slayer spell. To use this spell Julian will bring both of his hands over his head, locking them together in the process as he channels lightning into his interlocked hands. After gathering enough lightning, Julian will swing his hands down onto his opponent, slamming them into the ground and creating a powerful destructive circular wave in the process. A powerful spell in Julian's arsenal, especially when combined with his immense physical strength this spell is enough to outright kill its target in a single use. This spells power is great enough to crumble the ground and create caverns in the ground; this spell is also capable of instantly crumbling a large multi-story building.
- Lightning Dragon's Thunderclap (雷竜の雷鳴砲, Rairyū no Raimeihō) is one of Julian's most powerful regular spells. To preform this spell Julian will first bring both of his arms back with his palms facing outward as he begins to channel lightning into his outstretched arms. Once enough lightning has been charged into his arms Julian will suddenly bring his arms together, letting his hands clap together which instantly releases a large beam of concentrated lightning forwards at high speeds. The beam released by this spell is incredibly powerful, capable of vaporizing everything that it touches. A spell with tremendous power it is only complemented by its comparable speed, capable of reaching its destination in only seconds, this spell will often explode into a powerful electrical storm upon making contact with its intended target.
- Lightning Dragon's Thunder Crackdown (雷竜の電気圧, Rairyū no Denki-atsu) is one of Julian's spells and is often considered his signature lightning spell. Another powerful spell, not for its base power but for the fact that it can be cast repeatedly, with great precision, and with little visual queues, the only visual representation of this spell is Julian pointing a hand at his opponent to designate the spells casting point and a snap of his fingers which launches the spell. Capable of casting this spell at a distance or up close, Julian's use of this spell uses his ability to cast lightning at a distance. When casting, Julian will channel his lightning away from his body before a large bolt of lightning will shoot from its casting position to strike his opponent. Able cast this spell repeatedly, Julian can create a literal downpour of lightning to attack with, this downpour makes it extremely hard to move or attack, and it almost impossible to defend against.
- Lightning Dragon's Hornet Whip (雷竜の雷公鞭, Rairyū no Raikōban) another truly unique spell in Julian's arsenal. When using this spell Julian will channel his lightning into both of his hands, slowly extending his lightning from them, creating a whip of electricity. As Julian forms the whips he will completely solidify his magic a the end of each whip, creating a solid construct, one that is shaped something akin to a spiked crystal. The whips created by this spell are extremely versatile and can be controlled at will by Julian, the most basic function that the whips are use for are as a quick means of paralyzing a target, this is accomplished by Julian snapping the whips and controlling the tips of them to strike his enemy on the back of the neck, akin to being stung by a bee. Aside from this function the whips serve the basic purpose of attacking and defending with, the whips making for an effective mid to long range attack. The whips themselves are extremely durable, capable of cracking stone and metal when struck and attacks made with the whips are exceptionally fast, this spell being the fastest in Julian's arsenal.
- Lightning Dragon's Crucifixion (雷竜の磔刑雷樹, Rairyū no Takkei Raiju):
Lightning Dragon King's Spells
- Lightning Dragon King's Roar (雷竜王の咆哮, Rairyūō no Hōkō):
- Lightning Dragon King's Demolition Fist (雷竜王の崩拳, Rairyūō no Hōken):
- Lightning Dragon King's Hammer (雷竜王の金槌, Rairyūō no Kanadzuchi):
- Shade Dragon's Roar (影竜の咆哮, Eiryū no Hōkō) is the signature "breath" technique of Shade Dragon Slayer Magic. Able to use this magic due to the implanted Lacrima in his body, this spell is used exactly like his other Roar spell. Julian starts by gathering a large quantity of shadows inside his mouth before expelling them in a desired direction towards his intended target. This spell has two forms of execution, the first and more complex involves Julian to put both of his hands in front of his mouth, giving him the appearance of a trumpeter, before expelling the shadows in between his hands creating a thin stream of them which then rapidly expands, and the second method is simply gathering it into his mouth and expelling it; the second method is also much faster, having cut out any complex, and unneeded motions. This spell, while less powerful then his lightning version still carries a great amount of destructive force capable of destroying a medium sized building with ease. What this spell lacks in power it makes up for with its ability to swallow up matter like a void. Capable of using this spell like it was his original, Julian has had access to this spell for many years and can use it rapidly without tiring. Like his lightning version as well Julian can control the size, shape, power, speed, and trajectory of this spell with great precision, and can cause this spell to arc by turning his head while using it.
- Shade Dragon's Slash (影竜の斬撃, Eiryū no Zangeki) is a basic spell of Shade Dragon Slayer Magic. Upon preforming this spell Julian will expand the range of his shadows around his feet, an act that looks like he's simply casting his shadow further then it should reach. After extending his reach with his shadows they will split into multiple tendrils and rise from the ground before they extend like blades towards Julian's target in an attempt to slash and pierce them. A useful and highly versatile spell, Julian is able to fight against multiple opponents with just this spell alone, using the created tendrils as his own limbs. The tendril created by this spell are extremely durable and incredibly sharp, capable cleaving through stone and metal with ease. Capable of creating hundreds of tendrils, Julian can control this spell with a high degree of precision, he can use this spell to both attack and defend with.
- Shade Dragon's Sword (影竜剣, Eiryūken) is a basic Shade Dragon Slayer Magic spell. To preform this spell Julian will gather a large amount of shadows into one of his hands before extending them and shaping them into the rough shape of a blade. Once the blades appearance is created Julian can send the blade forward toward his target like a spear, this method has a considerable amount of force behind it and is capable of penetrating armor and barriers with ease. The second method of use with this spell allows Julian to use the blade made of shadows as a melee weapon if needed, the melee version of this spell has an equal amount of cutting power as its spear version has in penetrative power.
- Shade Dragon's Inhaling Maw (影竜の吸穴孔, Eiryū no Kyūketsukō) is an immensely powerful Shade Dragon Slayer spell. Upon preforming this spell, Julian will release a massive amount of shadows which is then molded into the shape of a dragons head with its mouth open. Once the formation of the dragons head is complete and at Julian's command the mouth will begin to suck up everything in its path like a vacuum with an immensely powerful pull, nothing is safe from it including organic and inorganic materials, even magic cannot escape from its pull. While powerful the pull is directed in only one direction at anytime, and the process of moving the dragons head once the pull starts is a rather lengthy process for Julian. Any object that is sucked up by this spell is instantly crushed by several tons of pressure, meaning that nothing escapes once its has been swallowed up. As stated before this spell can only be cast in one direction at a time and the process of moving the dragons head to another is rather lengthy, but Julian is able to circumvent this with the creation of another dragons head, but this consumes an absolutely tremendous amount of magical power from him, so that is often a last resort
- Shade Dragon's Void (影竜の空隙, Eiryū no Kūgeki) is one, if not the strongest of Julian's basic Shade Dragon Slayer spells. This spell has an effect similar to his Shade Dragon's Inhaling Maw spell but without the vacuum-like pull; this spell simply creates an opening to the void awarded to Julian by this magic, allowing him to freely access it anytime he wishes. While this effect may not seem that powerful, Julian can use this spell to swallow up anything that he desires, including other people, magic spells, or anything else that can be though of, but this spell unlike his Inhaling Maw the objects are not subjected to the crushing pressure of its sibling spell. With the use of this spell Julian is able to transport a massive variety of items, similar to that of Requip, but in much greater quantities and of much greater diversity; this spell allows him to transport not only items but people without killing them or letting them get lost within the void of this magic. Along with the ability to swallow up objects and people with this spell Julian can also release them as well, this ability is extremely effective in combat as Julian can use this spell to swallow up an incoming magical attack and them release it back towards its caster or another target, as the void of this magic doesn't diffuse magic that it has swallowed, it simply continues once swallowed up.
- Shade Dragon's Shadowless Flight (影竜の無影翔, Eiryū no Mueishō) is another powerful spell of Shade Dragon Slayer Magic. A supportive spell, but a powerful one nonetheless; considered a more powerful version of the Shade Dragon's natural ability to move within shadows and darkness, this spell allows Julian to hide within the shadow of another person without their awareness of the act. This ability allows Julian to effortlessly sneak into another persons home or base, as well as providing an easy way to attack unnoticed until it's to late. While using this spell Julian is completely undetectable, often until it's to late. While powerful, this spell is not without its weakness; the first and foremost is that Julian must make contact with the persons shadow to even preform this spell.
- Shade Dragon's Clutch (影竜の影掴み, Eiryū no Kagetsukami) is another powerful spell of the Shade Dragon. When preforming this spell Julian will create as many tendrils of shadows and darkness as he needs before sending them along the ground towards his target. Upon the tendril of shadows touch Julian's opponents shadow he will strengthen his own shadow, and this process then allows Julian to control his captured opponent or opponents like marionettes, making them move how he likes. While a powerful spell Julian cannot force his opponents to cast magic and whatnot, but he can use this spell to use his opponents as human shields, or for lowering the defenses of themselves and others by lulling others into a false sense of security.
- Shade Dragon's Shadow Stitching (影竜の影針, Eiryū no Kagebari) a variation of the above spell, this spell instead of controlling another person traps them where they stand. After capturing his target with his Clutch spell Julian can control his shadows to "stitch" his opposition to the ground where they stand, immobilizing them. Through the use of this spell Julian can reduce the number of enemies in a confrontation by trapping them in place and silencing them almost simultaneously. While a powerful ability it is completely useless unless Julian can capture his opponent(s) with his Clutch spell first.
- Shade Dragon's Spider Lily (影竜の彼岸花, Eiryū no Higanbana) is a second variation of Julian's Clutch spell. This spell simply causes all of the affected targets of its parent spell to be forcibly drawn towards Julian's person.
Lightning Shade Spells
Dragon Slayer's Secret Art (滅竜奥義, Metsuryū Ōgi): These are the most powerful spells taught to a Dragon Slayer. These spells often require a certain condition to be met before they are usable or require between a large or enormous amount of magical power to perform and as such are often used when a Dragon Slayer is nearing the end of a battle or have no other option. These spell sometimes also carry sever repercussions or have some form of backlash such as sever exhaustion or in the most extreme of situations, death. These spells are exceeded in power only by a Dragon Slayers Ultimate Art, a spell or spells that often mean certain death if performed incorrectly.
Drive (ドライブ, Doraibu): Drive, a Subspecies Magic, is a type of Magic-amplification technique used by Third Generation Dragon Slayers that brings out the true power of their capabilities as a user of Dragon Slayer Magic, excluding the power boost granted by Dragon Force, yet, at the same time, seemingly enhancing the user's physical prowess to a degree, particularly the user's speed. The Drive spell is exclusive to Third-Generation Dragon Slayers; and as the name indicates, it is activated via some kind of mechanism; in this case, Drive is initiated by harnessing the power of the Dragon Slayer Lacrima which is embedded within the user's body. Upon command, the Lacrima begins to distribute the Dragon Slayer Magic Particles stored within the crystalline orb at a swifter pace, accelerating the output and flow of magic from the Lacrima to the user's body in order to enhance all of their fortes, increasing the strength, speed, and potential that the user possesses tenfold, allowing them to take on even foes much more powerful than themselves; entering a state of enhanced awareness and peak physical ability as their element cloaks around them. While in this state, the user demonstrates heightened reflexes and extremely quick information processing, and it amplifies the powers of their Dragon Slayer Magic without exhausting themselves. This state grants the user the ability to perform new spells; as well as making their pre-existing spells far more powerful, with various users only employing several skills only while in Drive. The Drive spell harnesses "the power that kills Dragons"; at least according to the words of the first users, the Sabertooth Twin Dragons; whom are actually noted to be rather weak compared to their First-Generation counterparts. However, in the hands of an actually capable Dragon Slayer, the Drive spell would be capable of allowing the user to dish out some serious damage. In the case of a Dual Element Dragon Slayer, who are modified Third Generation Dragon Slayers; the Lacrima embedded within their body would only enhance their natural element (aka the one taught by the dragon).
- Thunder Drive (サンダードライブ, Sandā Doraibu)
Dragon Force (竜の力 (ドラゴン・フォース), Doragon Fōsu lit; Dragon's Power):
Strengthening Magic (激化の魔法, Gekika no Mahō) is a considered to be one the simplest magic's a Mage could possibly learn. But because of such simplicity, it's considered to be one of the most useful and flexible by-far. However, because Mages tend to favor big and flashy Magic, it fell into disuse for some time. It's unknown if there are any current users of this magic in the current age. It's considered to be one of the few Magic's that can be classified as a Holder Magic and a Caster Magic.
Requip (換装, Kansō), also known as Ex-equip, is a Holder Type Magic used by multiple mages which pertains to the summoning of various types of equipment. While a very basic form of magic, and a very common one, as common as other magic's such as Transformation and Sword Magic, Requip is also an extremely versatile and highly effective magic. A Subspecies Magic of Spatial Magic, Requip allows the user to store items in a separate, pocket dimension for ease of access, and by using Requip the caster can quickly and easily summon a desire object from said pocket dimension at any time.