- "The weak become meat for the strong to eat! That is the way of the world! But go! Get lost in your delusion! I however, will become God of this world."
- — Kagemusha
|Guild Mark Location||
|Base of Operations||
Shadow Remnants Building
Kagemusha (陰武者 Kagemusha, lit; Shadow Warrior) is a powerful, S-Ranked Dark Mage, and a member of the Dark Guild, the Shadow Remnants. One of the more mysterious figures of the guild, he's known for his use of Take Over: Spirit Soul, a form of Take Over that grants the wielder the ability to subjugate and assimilate anything that can be classified as a spirit and from there, utilize their power as the caster's own, as well as Human Subordination Magic, a Lost Magic that subdues humans to the will of the caster.
Kagemusha's appearance is that of a mysterious figure whose very nature is masked utterly and completely; his face hidden behind a menacing mask which is inspired by traditional Chinese and Korean designs; interestingly enough, the mask subtly emotes at times to express how Kagemusha himself is feeling.
Kagemusha also wears a black, short-sleeve top hat also covers his entire body, simple, dark coloured paint, in addition to dark blue boots. Worn over all of this, is a hooded, long-sleeved cloak that further aids in concealing his appearance.
Kagemusha is a very confident and prideful man, witnessed in his belittlement of the Akatsuki guild, in the fact he uses relatively weaker attacks in his arsenal initially and works his way up to his more powerful techniques when the situation requires it and the fact he believes that using more powerful techniques more than once in a battle would be disgraceful. Conversely, he isn't above praising the abilities of others. For some reason, he tries to reason with Mary Jane that his plan is for the greater good; though it is easy to see that these showings of reasonings are for something much stronger. Kagemusha is also willing to admit when someone is stronger than he is and isn't above reprimanding others for recklessness or stupidity.
Kagemusha has a dark sense of humour, and has a very jaded and emotionless approach towards the tragedies of war, to the point of light-heartedly joking about them, demonstrating his knack for reversing the situations he finds himself in. Kagemusha also believes power is something tangible that can be passed down through genetics and that the will of a dead person cannot be inherited, as it is not tangible. Despite his pride and confidence in his immense power, he is also shown to be highly cautious.
Kagemusha is seemingly treacherous by nature and enjoys a challenging fight and said that anything less than the strongest members of Akatsuki against him would be inadequate. Kagemusha is also very bold when it comes to battle, but despite his love of battle, Kagemusha never loses his composure to excitement or fear in any of his battle situations and if Kagemusha becomes bored with a fight, he will express disgust if his opponents try to force him to keep fighting. He genuinely believes that a world under his rule would fare much better than the admittedly terrible state of living Earth Land is currently in.
Kagemusha's past is deliberately murky, as he keeps many secrets about himself hidden even from the likes of Crux Kouga. However, many of the Guild state this man has come from the Land of the Dead.
Uprising Of Hell Arc
Magic & Abilities
Ways of Combat
Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Kagemusha shows great skill in hand-to-hand combat, and due to his enhanced reflexes, might be one of the most experienced users of this art behind Iris Lavra. Unlike what some would view of a "master" in hand-to-hand combat, Kagemusha is not well-versed in techniques, and simply uses his own trained body to execute quick and effecient brute force attacks. He is also capable of combining his hand-to-hand combat with his Chain Magic, which proves to be a deadly combo against even the likes of Jason LaHote. Utilising these reflexes with his melee skill, Kagemusha is capable of dodging an opponents oncoming attacks, and use speed to get behind them, then quickly counter using the elements of surprise and confusion. Capable of blocking most blows with his own unarmoured body, Kagemusha then creates an opening through which he can unleash a flurry of physical assaults on the opponents torso.
Enhanced Reflexes: Kagemusha's body has been trained to have excellent response time, and as such he is able to dodge many attacks through sheer reflexive action. Due to being skilled in dodging, this makes Kagemusha a very difficult target, and trying to land an attack on him is seen as akin to trying to fight one's shadow. However, as it would be expected, these great reflexes apply only to attacks he can see. Attacking from his blind spots, or from behind, and he is just as easy a target as one would expect.
Great Magical Power: Kagemusha possesses a great amount of magical power, and this is shown through his ability to summon multiple humans at once time, as well as simply use his Lost Magic as his primary method of combat. Through this, he proves to have very high magical energy reserves.
Magic in General
Chain Magic (連鎖魔法, Rensa Mahō): Chain Magic is a Caster Magic which, as the name ever-so-subtly indicates, involves the utilization of chains for a wide variety of purposes. In any case, when inducing the activation sequence for Chain Magic, the caster focuses intently as they intensify the volatility of the magical energies that are dwelling within their Magic Origin as to excite them exponentially, before releasing the voluminous quantities of energy outwards from their body ever-so-slightly, interacting with the ambient particles of eternano which are saturated within the immediate vicinity as to proceed with the usual "magical power + eternano" fusion that's embedded within a vast majority of magics, and from here, the magician invokes the process of Shape Transformation in a manner not dissimilar to Molding Magic as to mold the energies into the form of chains, which are a series of connected links which are typically made of metal. These chains possess numerous edges and spikes decorating the links; the caster can modify the chains to form grappling hooks on the ends, the shaping process assisted by their magic; the tensile strength of the chains manifested are known to be three hundred and sixty pounds per square millimeter of cross section. These energies are attracted to themselves electrostatically, and thus can form complex shapes; these chains are known to be in all shapes and sizes, while their composition varies on what the user wishes to do with them, meaning that the mere existence of Chain Magic in the heat of battle can keep the opponent guessing as to what properties the chains of arcane energy will display. The arcane chains generated through Chain Magic are capable of wrapping around and attaching to supposedly any form of surface, so long as it is not a liquid; for example, a user could perhaps wrap the chains around the clouds in order to hoist themselves upwards before swinging to another cloud and repeat the process for quick transportation; they can also bundle and compress the chains in order to shape them into a variety of shapes and forms, such as ropes which double as whips, webs, bullets, and an arm drill, plus many more, such as a shield, a parachute, a safety net, a barrier, skis, a raft, a club, a ball, or sticky glue, and by shaping the chains around their feet, a user can walk across water or fire. As mentioned above, the chains of Chain Magic have outstanding parameters, allowing a user to perform feats such as wrapping then pulling things or bringing them closer, binding their opponents, scaring/lashing opponents, binding then snatching others weapons, swinging from high altitudes and slicing the flesh of their enemies when striking at great speed- all of this without hurting themselves. It is said that they have no actual limit to how long the chains of Chain Magic can expand, seemingly chasing the user's enemy to the very ends of the earth, making impossible maneuvers such as travelling underground in order to catch up to their foe. The longer that the chains are deployed in the current plane of the existence, the stronger they become- it is known that for every second in flight, the wires gather and compress more eternano saturated within the atmosphere in order to bolster their speed, power, and versatility a hundredfold. The most generic usage of Chain Magic is a straight-forward attack where the chains rapidly slice and wrap themselves around the enemy; constricting their movements and putting them in a bind. Unlike most other binding spells, Chain Magic does not lock a target into the one spot at which it was captured, which enables the caster to utilize the properties of the chain to pull the target towards themselves or otherwise drag it into a position of their own choice. Once constricted, the caster has shown the ability to swing enemies around, and even into solid objects such as buildings and the earth itself. The chains of this spell are well-known their durability as well as defensive nature; and it is shown to be extremely rare for them to be broken, arguably making them tougher than regular Chain Magic. They are also renowned for their great length, as they can be extended far enough to reach several kilometers away. Chain Magic can clash with attacks and projectiles, and once she latches onto something, the caster can use the chains to pull themselves in; in the blink of an eye; more details about this function are below. Keeping in mind that a user of the magic applies direction, vectors, and other factors, and it can be said that the caster has a wide variety of methods in which to use Chain Magic. Of course, Chain Magic is known as one of the many magics Kagemusha wields, however, his "Chain Magic" appears to be a Holder Magic as it is an external power, with Kagemusha utilizing the chains which are clasped onto his wrists as a medium to invoke his power - indeed, Kagemusha is able to manipulate these chains and use them like whips, bindings, etc. Through the use of his chain magic and the general flow of magical power, Kagemusha is capable of controlling unconcious humans by attaching chains to their limbs, manipulating them like puppets. This does not work on concious humans, and thus, he favours his Human Subordination Magic over this method.
Take Over: Spirit Soul (
Interestingly, in addition to being classified as a form of Take Over, Take Over: Spirit Soul can be referred to as being not dissimilar to the likes of Human Subordination Magic's Huma Raise spell in that while the latter can take over the body of a spirit albeit irreversibly if performed wrong, Take Over: Spirit Soul does the exact same but at a vastly superior level. As one may have already guessed, Take Over: Spirit Soul is an Ancient Spell (
As mentioned above, Take Over: Spirit Soul grants the wielder of the magic the ability to assimilate anything that is capable of being categorized as a spirit and from there assume the form of the absorbed being in order to perfectly replicate their powers. Seemingly one of a kind, Take Over: Spirit Soul is a Take Over that attacks the incorporeal as well as the things which hail from alternate dimensions and/or are created/born differently than a vast majority of the other races which roam the mortal plane that's referred to as Earth Land. Indeed, elaborating a little bit more, Take Over: Spirit Soul is an oddity amongst its fellow Lost Magics – while it is indeed an ancient power that existed since what is referred to as the "beginning of magic", in contrast to almost every other form of Lost Magic, which were mostly wiped off the face of the earth and the knowledge of their existences scattered to the sands of time (with the exception of the darling Slayer Magic, of course), Take Over: Spirit Soul is still around even in the current day and age; in addition, because of its overwhelming power and sheer versatility, it was classified as a forbidden magic not quite on the level of the Black Arts, but most definitely on the way to the same level of notoriety. In any case, as usual, in order to initiate Take Over, the user must firstly defeat a living non-human existence which is part of the myriad of races that exist within this world of whimsy and wonder, either through pure combat or by some alternative method, sometimes simply through outsmarting the caster's target. Once the user's target is down for the count, the wielder of Take Over then approaches the downed enemy, before focusing intently as they intensify the volatility of the magical energies that are dwelling within their Magic Origin as to excite them exponentially, in the process of doing so, the caster makes physical contact with their target before they force their own Magical Aura to flare up as they surge the arcane energies within themselves into the creature, using their magical energies to force their way into the creature's own Magic Origin and overwhelm it through the method of quickly replacing the target's magical energy with their own, resulting in the loss of magical power causing the body to break down into eternano particles and becoming absorbed into the user's own Magic Origin, thereby storing their physical form and parameters within their arcane organ.
In this case, befitting of the name of the magic, Take Over: Spirit Soul only works on phantasmal creatures that can be defined as a spirit, an extremely powerful type of legendary creature that's classified non-corporeal substance contrasted with the material body; this includes "summon beasts" (召喚獣, Shōkanjū) which are brought into the physical realm through the power of magic, such as Celestial Spirits and its accompanying magic, Elemenian Spirits, Virago Spirits, Shikigami and its accompanying magic, Lemegeton Spirits, Planetary Spirits, Familiars, embodiments of the four fundamental elements, spirits who dwell in the atmosphere, souls of the departed whether reanimated or not, sprites, and even some demons and countless others as the term "spirit" is known to encompass a wide variety of terms, only loosely categorized as "doesn't fit in other races but definitely isn't human, also ghost as fuck". Originally, Take Over: Spirit Soul's ghostly portion was not a magic by itself, but rather, the crystallization of those who became hailed as legends in their time and possessed a burning desire to continue to live on even in their last moments, afraid that if they perished, the people known throughout the world as "heroes", while they would leave behind countless tales of mysticism and wonder, would also leave those whom they defended unguarded and vulnerable to their enemies. As such, upon passing away, these brave men and women had their Magic Origin resonate to the fullest extent with their souls and emotions, resulting in these valiant fighters becoming something more than human – embodiments of what the heroes stood for in life and their incredible powers, referred to as Legendary Souls (伝説の魂, Densetsu no Damashī), and because of this, while normally, Take Over cannot affect fellow humans, but the warriors that the user of Spirit Soul can affect have become so famous and deadly that they have transcended humanity and become an existence akin to a force of nature, thus allowing the user of Take Over to interpret them as something other than human - or rather, after death, because of their fame and deeds, they become spirits. However, as these criteria would indicate, the warrior-turned-spirit is required to be extremely well-known, beyond any mortal comprehension to become a Legendary Soul, allowing Take Over to consider them non-human.
Because of this, the fact that the term "spirit" is open to a vast amount of interpretation, unlike most forms of Take Over and coincidentally similar to Spirit Slayer Magic, Spirit Soul could be considered a rare gem in that it can be categorized as an extremely rare and powerful type of subcategory of magic known as a Semantic-Type (意味型, Imi-gata), meaning that it is a supernatural power that can be defined solely by the caster's interpretation of what it governs over, all depending on their wording rather than anything logical—because of this, Take Over: Spirit Soul can theoretically affect anything that constitutes a "spirit", allowing for a great deal of stretching of what it is capable of. Known by many names, these spirits that the user can affect are powerful, and have offensive, curative or supportive powers as their personal magics more often than not. The crux to Spirit Soul's effectiveness is that when the user absorbs the spirit in question, their contract with the owner is immediately broken even if the form of the contract the Spirit Summoning Magic possesses is theoretically unbreakable and any other magician cannot forge another contract with the spirit unless the user of Take Over: Spirit Soul relinquishes that power by some means; in other words, the user of Spirit Soul has trapped the summon beast within their Magic Origin, breaking the spirit's body into magical power to use their powers at any time, effectively killing the spirit in question and rendering their body simply a puppet that the user can harness whenever they wish.
Before anyone is able to induce the transformation into one of the Legendary Souls through Take Over: Spirit Soul, as mentioned briefly above, the user requires a special tool known as a Legacy Emblem (
As with most other forms of Take Over, Spirit Soul typically grants the user of the magic a truly enormous boost in speed, strength, and durability, as well as some other sort of abilities and the Magic that their target uses. However, in addition to this, as mentioned above, harnessing the power of Take Over: Spirit Soul typically has a much more powerful side-effect than what simply utilizing the magic of the assimilated being grants the user, which is certainly saying something – indeed, the ability to completely shut down any wielder of Spirit Summoning Magic no matter their power and use their spirits against them is utterly invaluable, as it is said that at least fifty Spirit Soul users could eliminate the entirety of the "summoning magician" subculture. Spirit Soul is strange in that most of the time, for more humanoid and goofy looking spirits, the user can choose not to take upon their full appearances, simply their powers and abilities, though it all depends on the user's personal preferences. In this case, Spirit Soul is also capable of generating any weaponry and most magics that the warriors had before they died and were assimilated by this magic. Unlike most other versions of Take Over, Spirit Soul can replicate most forms of Lost Magic, but it cannot flawlessly reproduce any form of Slayer Magic, partly due to the complexity of it as doing so would require a change in the user's biological structure and their Magic Origin must be modified to harness "that which kills" to its fullest extent – and Take Over does not change a Magic Origin during transformation, it simply serves as a storing point for the forms; but mainly, Spirit Soul cannot perfectly remake Slayer Magic because a user of Slayer Magic becoming renowned can be seen as "cheap fame". Because it can be considered a semi-permanent union of magician and spirit, Take Over: Spirit Soul can be considered to be a slightly different version of supernatural being-humanoid fusion-type spells such as Celestial Cross Fuse, Junction, and many more; albeit significantly more powerful in this case as the soul of the spirit is exterminated, thus granting the wielder of Spirit Soul the ability to command all powers free of charge.
However, aside from the basic augmentations in both physical and supernatural capabilities, Take Over: Spirit Soul has countless options that the wielder is capable of accessing there is no such thing as a Take Over Soul of this type that is exactly the same as the other, totally not an excuse to not put any more work in to the ability section; additionally, per the fact that in accordance to their summoner's thoughts and feelings, a spirit is able to invoke a peculiar form of transformation in order to alter their appearance to suit what the summoner wishes for, more often than not, two of the same Spirit Souls don't look identical. However, Spirit Soul is simultaneously the most and least variable of the Take Over forms- for the former, generally, the spirits assimilated by Spirit Soul all have wildly varying powers and abilities, and even personal skills, such as master swordsmanship, marksmanship, and magical prowess beyond compare, and for the latter, very few fighters in history can be considered truly legendary forces of nature, and even in the current day, many of them are deceased, simply existing as children's stories. Not only this, if somebody were to find a spirit of choice, by themselves, they would have an extremely slim chance of defeating them and assimilating their form; and this is before taking into account various measures that they could take against Take Over-type magics. Interestingly, alongside the user, the Legendary Soul will become stronger and stronger through every battle that they are equipped in, meaning that the caster and the aligned soul will continue to rise in power all across the board at the same time; after a certain amount of experience has been gained, a user of Take Over: Spirit Soul will be able to transform their Legendary Soul into an evolved state, bolstering its parameters significantly. However, the reason why Take Over: Spirit Soul is an Ancient Spell is that generally, the magic comes at a great cost, or rather, it poses a great risk to the user. Other than generally being more taxing upon the user's magical reserves when they struggle to take control of the summon beast's power and absorb them, due to breaking the contracts between the spirits and their owners, this, more often than not, alerts the head honcho of each band of spirits, meaning that if they do, the user will have to face down an astronomically powerful being in a fight that they probably won't be capable of winning by their lonesome, and even then, it can be considered an uphill battle. Because of this, despite its incredible power, Take Over: Spirit Soul was rarely used by magicians back when it was public knowledge, causing it to be designated as an Ancient Spell.
Kagemusha, a powerful magician linked to the Shadow Remnants Dark Guild, is known to be a user of Take Over: Spirit Soul; perhaps one of the very few users of the magic left as well. After happening across the remains of Tenrou Island, the holy ground of the Fairy Tail Guild, he discovered the Celestial Spirit Gate Keys of one of their more notable members, whom utilized Celestial Spirit Magic, a form of Spirit Summoning Magic that enabled a wielder to summon Celestial Spirits, a group of seeming light-inclined spirits that embody numerous constellations of the zodiac – thus, as their Celestial Spirit Magician was near-death, he was able to easily swipe the keys from her and break the contracts of each and every one of them, before he utilized Take Over: Spirit Soul after defeating the Celestial Spirits in battle, thereby granting him access to Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit (
- Enhanced Physical Attributes: As with all Take Overs, Take Over: Spirit Soul grants the caster the enhanced attributes and abilities of the Legendary Soul, who they have taken over; though in this case, Spirit Soul is also capable of generating any weaponry and most magics that the warriors had before they were assimilated by this magic. Spirit Soul cannot replicate any Lost Magic and Slayer Magic, due the complexity of said magics; in the latter case, in order to use Slayer Magic, the magician's Magic Origin must have been modified to use the magic- Take Over does not change a Magic Origin during transformation, it simply serves as a storing point for the forms. Generally, like every other Take Over, initiating Take Over: Spirit Soul and transforming results in a rather large boost in the user's physical parameters, such as speed, strength, and durability. In the case of Take Over: Spirit Soul, the caster's physical parameters are bolstered significantly to the point that they become as powerful as the Legendary Soul they have linked with- with a single downward chop, in this form, the user is capable of manifesting a violent tremor that obliterates the ground it comes into contact with and sends her enemies careening across the landscape- their attacks generally hit like an out-of-control dumptruck; smashing their opponents into teeny-tiny pieces like they were made out of some spectacularly shitty plasticine, blowing holes in their bodies through simply thrusting their hands in their direction- the sheer kinetic force released does the rest. In addition, the endurance displayed by the user with Take Over: Spirit Soul enables them to tank spells like those of Curses and Dragon Slayer Magic like it was nothing and ignore all senses of pain—though it should be noted that this varies on the factor of how powerful the blow is. The speed gained by Take Over: Spirit Soul allows them to discard the need for speed-enhancing magics such as High Speed and Slowing Magic, enabling the user to outstrip almost anyone in a contest of pure speed.
- Instant Mastery and Expertise: As the user has transformed into a phantasmal being with warrior skills beyond compare, they will gain any and all knowledge of how to utilize their form's weaponry and abilities efficiently. This is due to the absorbed spirit's memories and senses flooding into the Take Over magician's body, allowing instant proficiency with the weapons used by the phantasmal warriors by inheriting all combat skills and techniques utilized by their linked spirit as they have inherited their will. In addition to this, to a lesser extent, the user also gains access to any and all magics that the form held in their previous life with the exception of Slayer Magic, and whatever abilities the user will get depends on the Legendary Soul they have merged with; for example, a spirit who was experienced with any type of Earth Magic will grant the user the ability to perform Earth Magic at their level of skill while fused, or if they already possess any type of earth-related magic, enhance their skills with the magic to match the spirit's potency with the element. Upon transforming into Spirit Soul, the caster gains the knowledge on how to cast associated with the various magics a Legendary Soul had as long as they have the corresponding magic.
- Immense Magical Power: Each Legendary Soul was known to be in possession of truly staggering amounts of magical energy, far beyond most magicians in the current day and age; indeed, when Take Over: Spirit Soul is activated, the caster of the spell has this energy superimposed over their own. Each Legendary Soul was known to have natural control over the exertion of their magical power, keeping it contained to the point where it was virtually impossible to detect the spirit by normal means, though the constant effort can be taxing. The magical energy itself, when manifested, is a vibrant colour that varies from spirit to spirit, crackling intensely when the spirit focused; when the spirit's power was at it's peak, as the spirit's Magical Aura, their magical power transformed into the frightening visage of an unverifiable figure which surrounded the spirit, striking fear into the hearts of their foes. It is so great it can be felt from a great distance and it has the tendency to make people perspire in fear. A Legendary Soul's skill and control at using manipulating their magical energy aura allowed them to perform a variety of abilities. Additionally, the sheer aura radiating from their person has the additional effect of affecting entire areas to the point of disrupting spells from enemies, as well as affecting others from seemingly miles away. Magic originates from a Magic Origin (魔原, Magen), which is exactly what the wording indicates—it is a special organ that is located within the body of a magician, that absorbs eternano and bunches it up into clusters, which is processed into magical power. Every magician has a container inside their body that determines the limits of their Magic Power; this is precisely what a Magic Origin is. If the case becomes empty, eternano will come from the atmosphere and enters the magician's body and after a while, their Magic Power is restored. Generally, a user of Arcane Mode is more in-tune with magic than other magicians; which, of course, is because they have countless spirits (and their Magic Origins and magical power) living on inside of them, allowing them to achieve untold power and great abilities considered to be beyond that of normal beings. Effectively, for each of the Legendary Souls, the concept referred to as "magic" can be considered a fifth (sixth?) limb, and they can control magic and anything to do with it such as eternano, magical auras, and magical energy like an extension of their body effortlessly, far outshining people in the current day and age who had devoted themselves to the arcane arts; they are capable of weaving spells together; and their magic is noticeably more stable than any others with magic abilities- therefore it does not breakdown at all and is not easily deflected; it can be said that a user of this magic's spells are almost unstoppable; the user is able to cast spells up to the high #80's range, such as Abyss Break, without the need for an incantation and certainly without sacrificing any loss of power on the user's end. One of the more notable traits displayed by a user of Take Over: Spirit Soul is the ability to perform more than one type of magic simultaneously, up to and including Elemental Magic and even more complex magics such as illusions and time-stopping; the user is able to manipulate nonliving matter by changing its atom structure, i.e. turning air into a wall of water or turning a stone column into a large uprising spike.
- Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit Capricorn (
諸霊・星霊・磨羯宮, Supiritto Sōru: Seresutiaru Supiritto Kapurikōn lit. Various Spirits: Celestial Spirit - The Goat): Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit Capricorn is a Take Over spell of the Spirit Soul line which grants the user the ability to take upon the visage of an exceptionally powerful spirit, in this case, a Celestial Spirit, whom are a group of seeming light-inclined spirits that embody numerous constellations of the zodiac; specifically that of Capricorn, one of the 12 Golden Zodiac Keys, granting the caster the ability to effectively take upon the visage of Capricorn and utilize his power within the heat of battle. This form grants the caster exceptional skill in hand-to-hand combat as well as tremendous physical prowess, but more importantly, the ability to utilize Human Subordination Magic, as detailed below. This form is never really seen when under Kagemusha's thrall, as its wielder often utilizes its power without taking the appearance of Capricorn, a feat made possible through his special Magic Origin.
- Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit Leo (
諸霊・星霊・獅子宮, Supiritto Sōru: Seresutiaru Supiritto Reo lit. Various Spirits: Celestial Spirit - The Lion): Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit Leo is a Take Over spell of the Spirit Soul line which grants the user the ability to take upon the visage of an exceptionally powerful spirit, in this case, a Celestial Spirit, whom are a group of seeming light-inclined spirits that embody numerous constellations of the zodiac; specifically that of Leo, formerly known as Loke of the Fairy Tail Guild, one of the 12 Golden Zodiac Keys and its leader, granting the caster the ability to take upon the visage of Leo and utilize his power within the heat of battle. In any case, in order to initiate Take Over, the user must firstly defeat a living non-human existence which is part of the myriad of races that exist within this world of whimsy and wonder, either through pure combat or by some alternative method, sometimes simply through outsmarting the caster's target. Once the user's target is down for the count, the wielder of Take Over then approaches the downed enemy, before focusing intently as they intensify the volatility of the magical energies that are dwelling within their Magic Origin as to excite them exponentially, in the process of doing so, the caster makes physical contact with their target before they force their own Magical Aura to flare up as they surge the arcane energies within themselves into the creature, using their magical energies to force their way into the creature's own Magic Origin and overwhelm it through the method of quickly replacing the target's magical energy with their own, resulting in the loss of magical power causing the body to break down into eternano particles and becoming absorbed into the user's own Magic Origin, thereby storing their physical form and parameters within their arcane organ. When invoking the power of Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit Leo, the caster surges their magical energy from within their body while calling upon the powers of Leo, the Lion, causing their entire body to become shrouded in a vast quantity of light, transforming in the blink of an eye before this radiance subsides, revealing their brand new form. As opposed to taking upon the form of that pansy-ass half-furry guy, Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit Leo, like most Spirit Soul spells, takes the form of a silvery, lion-themed armour with blue highlights that covers the user's body while massively bolstering their physical parameters as the light of the king is directly integrated within their frame, granting them properties related to light such as the ability to move at velocities beyond the sight of humans and strike the caster's enemies at the same speed as well as the ability to harness Leo's signature magic, Regulus. As Kagemusha's second-strongest Spirit Soul spell, it is also his main advantage in combat as he commonly invokes Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit Leo in order to equip himself with Leo to grant him dramatically enhanced fighting ability, allowing him to stand on-par with stronger enemies.
- Regulus (
王の光, Regurusu lit. Light of the King) is a Caster Magic and a subspecies of Light Magic which grants the caster the ability to produce the element of light, which is electromagnetic radiation within a certain portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, specifically that of visible light, the electromagnetic radiation that is visible to the human eye, and is responsible for the sense of sight in general; normally, it is a magic that's exclusive to the Celestial Spirit known as Leo, the seeming strongest of the 12 Zodiac Celestial Spirits, but through Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit Leo, Kagemusha is able to invoke its power and utilize it in any way he pleases. In any case, when invoking the activation sequence for Regulus, the caster focuses intently as they intensify the volatility of the magical energies that are dwelling within their Magic Origin as to excite them exponentially, before releasing the voluminous quantities of energy outwards from their body ever-so-slightly, interacting with the ambient particles of eternano which are saturated within the immediate vicinity as to proceed with the usual "magical power + eternano" fusion that's embedded within a vast majority of magics, and from here, they take the concept of magic equaling the feelings of the magician to its absolute zenith – fuelling the fused energies with positive emotions, the wielder of Regulus is capable of initiating the usual fusion of eternano and magical power, resulting in the transmogrification of their arcane powers into light, which is electromagnetic radiation within a certain portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. The caster more often than not utilizes Regulus in order to dramatically boost their melee performance, empowering their physical attacks with wakes of destructive light, which are produced from their unarmed blows in a fashion similar to a lion clawing at its prey. Light can also be employed in other ways, with the user being capable of emitting it in vast amounts, enough to cover a wide area, and of shaping it into various forms. By invoking the opposite of 'positive feelings = magic', which is to say, using negativity to fuel Regulus, the wielder of Spirit Soul: Celestial Spirit Leo is capable of transmogrifying the golden light into blackened shining flames which, in addition to being far more powerful, can be utilized for ranged combat, as the caster is able to shoot the blackened flames from their palms in order to attack from afar. Moreover, in this form Regulus has shown the capability to absorb anything that can be classified as a "light", such as flames and actual light no matter their source in order to nullify their foe's attacks while using the absorbed magic for themselves in a manner not dissimilar to Slayer Magic. Additionally, whilst this form of Regulus appears to be unlimited in the amount of flames the user can absorb, there actually is a limit, however the more light that there is to absorb, the longer it lasts and the stronger it becomes. Interestingly, the light - both blackened and regular - that's emitted by Kagemusha's version of Regulus is known to be a deep azurite in texture, an indication of his incredible power.
- Regulus (
- Huma Raise (ヒューマライズ Hyūma Raizu): This spell allows Kagemusha to take control over a human's body. This is the spell he used on several members of the defeated Fairy Tail Guild. If used on anything other than a human, it will merge the user with it, allowing them to take control of that new body. Kagemusha initially assumed this would make his magic unable to affect Dragon Slayers. This, however, proved to be a false assumption on his part; later research showed that Dragon Slayers are entirely susceptible to the effects of Huma Raise, as shown by Kagemusha's later capture and subjugation of Vivian Starrkewolfe.
- Recall: A spell used by Kagemusha to seal away his human guild-mates. This is exceptionally useful for stealth, as he can transport multiple members of the Shadow Remnants this way.
- Scan: Kagemusha displays the ability to "scan" his own victims of Huma Raise, to determine their strengths, and look for any anamolies. He states it's a routine maintenance check he does to ensure his collection is unmarred. (unnamed)
- Titania, Erza Scarlet (
妖精女王, エルザ・スカーレット Titānia Eruza Sukāretto): A Human and former mage of Fairy Tail Guild. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, Erza is well-versed in the Requip method of magic, specifically, The Knight, and is often employed as Kagemusha's heavy hitter.
- Princess, Lucy Heartfilia (姫, ルーシィ・ハートフィリア Hime, Rūshi Hātofiria): A Human and former mage of Fairy Tail Guild. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, Lucy Heartfilia is still in possession of her Celestial Spirit Keys, and thus the spirits summons will serve her if bid to.
- Rain Woman, Juvia Lockser (雨女, ジュビア・ロクサー Ame on'na, Jubia Rokusā): A Human and former mage of Fairy Tail Guild. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, Juvia practises Water Magic, and is one of the most skilled users located in Earth Land. She is a battle-heavy summon, and is favoured by Kagemusha due to the destructive force of water. She is often employed in tandem with Gray Fullbuster.
- Infinite Librarian, Levy McGarden (無限司書, レビィ・マクガーデン Mugen Shisho, Rebī Makugāden): A Human and former mage of Fairy Tail Guild. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, Levy is a user of the Solid Script Magic, and Kagemusha typically deploys her as a defensive unit, but he knows her magic has very high offensive properties.
- Maiden of the Sword, Yukino Aguria (剣の乙女, ユキノ・アグリア Ken no Otome, Yukino Aguria): A Human and former associate of the Royal Family. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, Yukino, like Lucy, is well versed in the use of Celestial Spirits,and still possesses her keys and can call her spirits to do as commanded. However, she has also come into the possession of the blade Archenemy (不倶戴天 Fugutaiten), stolen from the corpse of Kagura_Mikazuchi soon after it was crafted.
- Locks of Death, Flare Corona (死 毛 フレア・コロナ Shike, Furea Korona): A Human and member of the Raven Tail Guild. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, Flare is a user of Hair Magic, and is a skilled battle summon. She isn't often deployed in group battles, due to her tendency to slaughter everyone involved.
- Fighter of the Glacier, Gray Fullbuster (氷河の戦闘, グレイ・フルバスター Hyōga no Sentō, Gurei Furubasutā): A Human and former mage of Fairy Tail Guild. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, Gray is a user of the Ice-Make magic, and is shown to be one of the most skilled Molder mages in existence. He is often employed in tandem with Juvia Lockser.
- The Demon, Mirajane Strauss (魔人, ミラジェーン・ストラウス Majin, Mirajēn Sutorausu): A Human and former mage of Fairy Tail Guild. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, Mirajane is well known throughout the world as "The Demon" for her use of Take Over: Satan Soul, to take over the souls of Demons. Like Erza, she is employed as a battle-heavy summon, and may be one of Kagemusha's strongest.
- Beast Arm, Elfman Strauss (ビーストアーム, エルフマン・ストラウス Bīsuto Āmu, Erufuman Sutorausu): A Human and former mage of Fairy Tail Guild. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, like Mirajane, Elfman utilises the Take Over magic, Beast Soul, and is typically a close-quarters juggernaut.
- White Sun, Vivian Starrkewolfe (白陽, ビビアン・スターキュオルフ Hakuyō, Bibian Sutakyuorufu): A Human and mage of the Akatsuki Guild. Under the subjugation of Kagemusha, Vivian utilises Solar Dragon Slayer Magic, and, in addition to her role as a powerful battle spirit, serves as Kagemusha's bargaining chip and general method of extortion.
- "To hope is the equivalent of giving up..and is the biggest deception of all."
- "There is no hope! There is no light! There is only despair....!"