|Age||17 (Pre-timeskip) |
|Affiliation|| Archer's Cross|
|Previous Affiliation||Shattered Dusk (captured)|
|Relatives||Aldrich Inari (father)|
Samarra Inari (sister)
Shin Inari (Adoptive brother)
|Alias||Fulgora (フルゴラ, Furugora)|
|Magic||Lightning Dragon Slayer|
Sound Magic (Cochlear Magic)
Beast Summoning Magic (Beast Embodiment)
Kalina Inari (花利奈・いなり Keerina Inari) is a mage of the rather new guild Archer's Cross as well as a protegee of one of Ishgar's Noble Dynasties, the Inari Family. Her proficiency in Lightning Magic growing up made her the target of family gossip that she was one of the "golden protegees" of the Inari Family, and so those who witnessed her fight began to call her Fulgora (フルゴラ, Furugora) after the fabled Lightning Goddess. She began to live up to this nickname with her interest and specialization in Sound and Cochlear Magic, making her "the Goddess of Lightning and Thunder". Through a rather unfortunate event, she acquired the skills of a Lightning Dragon Slayer, but is hoping to use these new found skills to become the first S Class mage of the guild.
Kalina is a young girl with long brown hair that is softly curled towards her face. She had a warm chestnut color hair and pastel white skin which made her beautiful pink lips stand out. Her eyes were the type of brown that was like a sweet chocolate. The chocolate that melts at the slightest bit of the heat from love, or happiness that comes into her life. The way her lips lifted upward when she smiles makes her dimples crinkle. The warm glow her happiness gives is a ray of sunshine, that can leave others sunburn.
Her muscle definition is perfectly balanced, giving her the ideal feminine look with the right amount of tone. Having been shaped by years of training, her slim figure is able to give off a surprising amount of force. Her gait is like that of a ballerina, her feet gracing the floor with seemingly little to no noise, as if she was walking on clouds. Her muscle definition was perfect and she walked with the confidence of someone a decade older.
Opting for a very simple, yet refined look, Kalina is never one for bold patterns or designs. She is usually wearing a clean white shirt with a blue jacket over it, coupled with a scarf if it is too cold outside. Though plain or simple simple pattered shirts are in constant rotation in her wardrobe, something accentuated with one of her multitude of necklaces. She wears jean pants or a simple skirt, depending on the season, and basic tennis shoes or sandals. Her clothes always gently hug her frame, showing off her physique, though it is something she doesn't pay much mind to as she only dresses for comfort and rarely dresses to impress. She always keeps a silver heart-shaped ring on her at all times, for it was given to her by her late mother during her coming of age ceremony. As a reminder of the bond they shared, she will never let it out of her sight.
Kalina is a cheerful, friendly, and loving person. She loves to be of service, enjoying any role that allows her to participate in a meaningful way. She respects hierarchy, honoring her guild master and aspires to be S Class on her own. She is immensely loyal to her guild, her friends, and her family. She enjoys being around the company of others and is always kind to those she meets. She can be rather persistent when it comes to going on jobs, as she always wants to be a part of everything. She is generally one to want to join others, but take on quests on her own with no less energy, commitment or vigor.
She quite the altruist, and takes her responsibility seriously, being that she vows to help people do the right thing. This desire to do good means that Kalina sees pleasing others as a far more important than pleasing herself, making her a highly likeable person within the guild and someone people can count on as a friend. This can come back and bite her in the butt because of her tendency to please others; making it her first priority to say “yes” to everything. This people-pleasing nature sometimes causes her to run the risk of trading off honesty for harmony, keeping the peace rather than telling it like it is. This nature had come from her own experience of being lost in the darkness after her mother passed away and she was alone quite a lot; falling into bitter depression and self harm due to the lonliness. It is because of this that she hates to see others in pain and will do all she can to remedy it. But being honest and firm in her beliefs is something she is continuously working on, as she knows it is better to stand her ground than to be walked all over.
She has a tendency to be a bit sarcastic at times, using it as a tool especially when she finds a particular idea "stupid" or "useless"; and it is a habit she has yet to break despite many scoldings when she was younger. She tends to think lowly of herself, and so these sarcastic comments seem to come out when Kalina talks to herself a lot; as she will generally call her questionable actions her "shining moment" or tell herself she is "as sharp as a beach ball sometimes". She also has a tendency to wear her emotions on her sleeve, making it very easy to read her expressions at times. This can be hard at times, as whenever she sees someone crying, tears will start rolling down her cheeks as well.
She will look for and make connections between people, be excellent glue for her team and make sure that everything is planned and prepared for; something that translates to both battle and travel. She is astutely empathetic picking up on the nuances and making sure people are happy. She has an innate sense of what is someone is feeling and can genuinely make others feel really special. She always wants to keep them close to her heart, in both the literal and metaphorical sense. She has no respect for people's personal boundaries, thriving on physical touch, and will always come up and hug you even if you've never met.
The Inari family is a well know noble family situated in the Fiore Capital of Crocus. Although being raised as a privileged individual may have lead other to become vain and egocentric, the Inari family prides itself on their generosity and benevolent compassion. Even having grown up in the shadow of her older sister, Samarra Inari, Kalina has managed to stay humble. Though, being the youngest child in her family, she was left alone a lot and so she can sometimes come across as fighting for attention.
She would secretly watch her older sister train out in the courtyard with their father every night. The following morning, Kalina would beg Samarra to teach her what their father had taught her. They would spar for many hours before Samarra had to leave to train with their father once again. This continued until Kalina felt she was ready to show her father what she had learned, so that she too could learn the ways of magic. In the off time when her sister was away, Kalina would spend time with her mother helping with basic household tasks like cooking and cleaning. Kalina considered her mother to be her idol, and would always love to hear the stories of her parent's adventures together when they were young.
She had a natural skill for Lightning Magic, being able to master it at the age of 6. Some would call her a prodigy among the family as they would watch her practice such skills. She was also shown to pick up the Inari family's specialty Beast Summoning Magic and Beast Embodiment rather quickly as well. Even so, she continuously pushed herself to get better and become a more well rounded mage. It was this desire that led her to focus on the learning and applications of Sound Magic, even honing her skills so far as to learn the advanced technique of Cochlear Magic as well.
The Inari Family has a long standing relationship with a special breed of magical foxes. These foxes all have varying strength, but all are highly intelligent and excellent trackers. Having had their relationship stand through many generations, it is a very important ceremony when an Inari family member first makes a contract with a fox. This signifies their status among the family and marks their abilities as a mage. The process involves the mage's parents summoning the leader of the fox skulk, who then selects one of her own members to become the mage's companion. The fox chosen for Kalina was given the name Manaka, and he was prized for his tactical intellect and speed. Kalina and Manaka were very close, and the fox would help train alongside Kalina, as Kalina never had many friends her age within the Inari Compound. Kalina often likes to summon him just to help pass the time and have someone to talk to.
When Kalina's mother fell ill with a magical brain tumor, Kalina became heartbroken. Having taken over the basic tasks of the household while her siblings and father were off doing their own jobs, Kalina was the one who spent almost every waking hour with her mother. With each day worsening her mother's symptoms, Kalina fell into a deep depression. Her mind completely shut down when that fateful day in October that her mother did not wake up...Kalina turned to books and art to help her mind escape from the pain. The books helped little, and the art that she had loved to practice, turned into sketches and paintings of melancholy. She had no one to really turn to, as the rest of her family members were away with their respective jobs, and the other family members at the compound only looked at her with pity and didn't understand how hard it was. Heartache turned to physical pain, Kalina scarring the inside of her arms where many wouldn't notice; searching for any release of the emotions coursing through her veins. She tried to devote herself to her training, but she couldn't find much motivation.
One day while she was out trying to clear her head and start again, she was kidnapped by a dark guild for her unique talents with Lightning Magic and used for experimentation in creating Second Generation Dragon Slayers. The dark guild planned to brainwash these newly creating dragon slayers and have them destroy all of Fiore. Thanks to the help of the Toveri Alliance, Kalina was able to escape the prison before hurting anyone, but the damage had been done. She is now a Second Generation Dragon Slayer with a Lightning Dragon Lacrima inside her, but is using her new found power to help others. It was through this catastrophe that she met members of Archer's Cross, and fell in love with the guild. The rescue by her sister and the other Toveri mage's showed her that there is so much she could do to help others, and that continuing to fall into her depression would only lead her to the god forsaken life of the mindless dark mages who had captured her. She vowed that once she got control of her powers, she would join the guild and become one of the strongest members, that way she could help save those who were lost in the darkness just as she was.
Lightning Magic(雷系各種魔法, Kaminari Kei Kakushu Mahō): In order to manifest Lightning Magic, Kalina is able to modify her magical energy into that of electrons. Being able to alter the movement on electrons,she is able to control, generate, and absorb electrical fields. Her father, Aldrich Inari, and her sister, Samarra Inari, taught her a great deal of spells while she was growing up; contributing to her affinity for this element. She is capable of altering electric fields, even that of electromagnetic fields, to perform a variety of unique abilities that only comes with those who have a mastery over the element. She can generate electricity on different parts of her body, capable of causing her attacks in melee to become far deadlier; even capable of propelling herself at high speeds in order to gain extra momentum or offer protection against combat attacks from others.
- Luminous Cloak(発光マント Hakkō Manto): Kalina coats herself in a shroud of lightning that increases the damage of her attacks, as well as greatly increases her speed. This is due to the increased synaptical transmission speed in the action potentials caused by the electrical current surrounding her body. Her speed has been noted to increase six fold, giving the appearance that she is merely floating on the earth, for her feet only touch the ground for miliseconds before exploding into another powerful stride. When wearing this cloak the light given off by the lightning can help blind the enemy, making it extremely useful, especially in close combat. the photobleaching of the opponent can last for over 2 minutes depending on the exposure, and direct visual contact with the cloak for over 3 minutes can cause permanent retinal damage. Although those who have an affinity towards Light or Lightning Magic are immune to it's visual effects, as the ethernano that flows through their body has altered the physiology of their rods and cones, making it possible to withstand such intense lumens. An added benefit of this form is the resistance to lightning based attacks, as they become integrated with the luminous cloak, reinforcing it's properties. The strength of a punch in this lightning clad form is able to easily break through brick, stone, and weaker metals; but given the output of ethernano into the cloak, the power of a mages physical skill can be increased.
- Lightning Body (
雷体化, Raitoningu Bodi lit. Lightning Body Transformation) is a staple amongst extremely powerful Lightning Magicians.When performing Lightning Body, the user integrates Lightning Magic into their flesh and fuses it with their body. In doing so, they become a mass of electrically charged particles. Once they have become a mass of charged particles, they separate positively charged particles from their body and positions them to create a certain extent of an electrical field. The charged particles and electrical field can be changed at will from a latent state to an active one, and vice versa, by the user, who has taken the Lightning Magic into their body. When the electrical field becomes active, its powerful electric potential difference draws the negatively charged particles that make up their body toward the positively charged particles of the field with tremendous force; turning themselves into a lightning bolt, whose size can vary from mere, fast-moving sparks to large pillars of lightning. Together with the signature intangibility of Elemental Magic, which allows the user to let physical and magical attacks pass harmlessly through their body when they're transformed, this form also grants the user some traits typical of real lightning: they're shown capable of freely moving around at high speed and to travel over long distances, rapidly appearing at their destination from places away from sight as though as they are teleporting, as well as to electrocute everything crossing their path, with the voltage of their bodily electricity being high enough to wreak havoc. Due to the velocity in which the user attacks, the user's attacks are enhanced drastically; however, their attacks become more predictable the more that the battle drags on, and when transporting themselves, the user can only transport to one point of a place per transport, changing a point in space is next to impossible during transport.
- Raiton Bullets (レートン弾丸 Reeton Dangan): By positioning her hand to mimic the appearance of a gun, Kalina release concentrated electrical energy in the form of a bullet. Kalina has been shown to fire these these versatile bullets to perform both offensive and defensive moves, dependant on the amount of ethernano put into them. This attack is typically packed with 120 milliamperes (mA) of electricity that, when shot, spark uncontrollably on their path to the target. When they make contact with the target a bullet can cause extremely painful shock, respiratory arrest, and severe muscle contractions over the entire body. Kalina can even "charge" this attack by flooding the bullets with excess eternano, causing the particles within the bullets to become excited, making the output of her shot up to 1,030 millamperes! This is a shot that will cause ventricular fibrillation, full muscle contraction, and long term nerve damage. When this Rajin Shot (雷神ショットRaijin Shotto) hits the target straight on, death is almost certain.
- Raiton Dance(レートンダンス Reeton Dansu): First Kalina will concentrate her ethernano into the palm of her hand, causing a small glow to spread out as this technique is activated, encircling her hand in a crackling blue lightning as multiple streams of lighting are sent out to attack the enemy.The spread of these beams can cover a distance of 260 feet straight, and 35 feet across, making it one of most widespread and threatening attacks in Kalina's arsenal. The beams themselves are always connected at the point of origin, allowing Kalina to alter the beam's direction after being shot by the aid of expert ethernano manipulation. This makes it possible to strike multiple enemies with pinpoint accuracy, even bypassing hostages held in close proximity. The beams start off at a thickness of 8 inches from their point of origin, and gradually get more thin as the travel down their path, ending at a mere quarter inch thickness at their maximum length. A unique trait about this spells is her ability to increase the number of beams to a substantially large amount, splitting them in half in the process. An initial attack can generate 15 different beams, each which can easily be controlled by Kalina. But should she desire to split them up towards their 480 beam maximum, the maneuverability of the arrows lessens, turning the attack into more of a barrage, rather than a pinpoint attack.
- Raijin's Wrath(雷神の怒り Raijin no Ikari): By gathering and generating electricity between her open facing palms, Kalina can clap her hands together to bring about a massive spear upon release. This spear can be wielded like that of a normal weapon, but it’s electric construct makes it a deal a great bit of damage if even a graze from it occurs. The spear itself stands about 7 feet tall, but it is connected with a lightning chain that is freely shaped and manipulated by Kalina. It connects on her right wrist and can increase the combat range of the spear by an additional 5 feet. The main wrath of this spear comes from its impact in the earth when it is launched at an opponent. When thrown, it produces a massive blast of lightning behind it to increase it’s speed, allowing for optimal power to penetrate even the thickest of steel. When it digs the tip of its spear into an object, whether that be a person or the earth, the spear will look as if it is collapsing, the lightning compressing down and traveling into the earth. When the length of the spear has traveled down into the earth it will spiderweb out in a 20 foot radius, where merely 2 seconds after impact, the lightning hidden beneath the earth will shoot up like a multitude of geysers. The lightning bolts will cover every square feet of space in its domain, ensuring that even if it’s target escaped the initial pierce of its blade, it will be struck by its secondary means of electrocution.
- Electroblade(エレクトロブラド Erekutoroburado): Molding lightning into the users hands, they are able to manifest a blade of lightning that is extremely durable, inhumanly sharp, and having the capability to simply cleave through even the toughest of materials, magical and non-magical in nature. This spell is easily able to pierce steel and destroy rock to rubble. Through advance manipulation and ethernano output a user's blade would be able to slice cleanly through a building of 10 feet across. The blade itself can extend up to a distance of 25 feet, with a thickness of 4 inches. The shorter the blade, the thicker it can become, as well as the more concentrate the electricity can become. When it comes into contact with a living subject, the lightning will cause immediate muscle contraction, triggering the voltage gated channels on the targets muscles. These contractions can last for 8 seconds for every second of exposure from the blade. This is only a byproduct from the actual cutting power of the blade, as the high frequency of the lightning ethernano can easily cut through flesh. Should the user desire the need, they can even branch out the blade to impale multiple enemies at once. A maximum of 10 "branches" by increasing the ethernano output and concentrating on the points of output on the blade itself.
- Raiju Fang(雷獣牙 Raijū Kiba): Clapping her hands together, Kalina is able to release a form of lightning upon release of the clap that takes on the form of four identical wolves. Typically considered a Lightning Make spell, Samarra has denounced this classification as she only knows the one dynamic cast, and one other static cast; giving her in no sense the need to call herself a mage of this subspecies magic. These wolves are able to lock onto their target, able to maneuver around obstacles and attacks in order to sink their electric fangs into the flesh of the enemy. Once bitten the Raiju will immediately stun the target by contracting all their muscles at once, disrupting the path of signals to the tissues in that localize area, making it impossible to move said joint. The interesting phenomenon comes when more than one wolf is able to latch on. Typically aiming for the limbs of their target, should a wolf latch on to each one of someone’s arms, for example, then the strong bond of ethernano between the two will cause their current to travel through the targets body and paralyze their entire arms and chest. Should the wolves get hold of all four limbs, a mage would effectively have a full body paralysis until the wolves were released or overcome with a surge of superior levels of ethernano.
- Raiju Roar(雷神の怒り Raiju Gōon): Cupping her hands together, this attack can be performed in five different levels dependent on the level of strength desired from the output. For the first stage of the Roar, an output of 20% of full power is released. For this, Kalina will cup her hands together by holding the wrists together and keeping the palms open. She will then extend both of her index fingers towards the center of her palm and begin emitting high speed ethernano from both of them, keeping the force contained within the space in front of her. Her fingers act like rods for the lightning to bounce back and forth, the particles of energy hitting one another in the space between her fingers, causing the particles to become more excited and give off a great deal of static electricity. Due to the speed and containment of such a spell the ethernano will continue bouncing off one another, generating more and more energy and electricity, that after a "charging" time of only 10 seconds this concentrate lightning will have an output of 30,000 amperes for a 20% power blast, also known as First Strike (先制攻撃 Sensei Kōgeki). Once the charging period is complete, Kalina will push forth a large surge of ethernano from the middle of her palms, breaking the containment she had on the mass and sending the blast of lightning forward in a beam towards her target at a speed twice that of a lightning strike. This spell is able to increase it's power and output by increasing the number of "lightning rods", or fingers, that Kalina puts into the palm's space to channel her ethernano. When all five fingers are used for this attack, the Fifth Strike (フィフスストライキ Fifususutoraiki), the electrical output is equal to that of lightning forming at the top of the cloud, a strike that exceeds a billion volts. It's speed makes it an almost sure strike, but even in the wake of the attack, buildings can be leveled in a ten mile radius when Kalina unleashes her Fifth Strike.
- Lightning Clone (雷クローン Kaminari Kurōn): A highly advanced technique that Kalina learned from her sister, this spell allows herr to construct an almost identical clone of themselves made out of ethernano. Akin to the ninja way of Shadow Clone Jutsu, a mage will have to expend a great deal of ethernano to give shape to a human body. The clone is able to perform physical techniques and interact with the environment due to it having physical substance, and has an ethernano network as an exact replica of the user, giving it the ability to perform known spells as well. The clone itself is not of its own free will, but is instead directed by original by fluctuating the ethernano output of the clone’s construct. The user can even send it’s consciousness through to the clone to give it the ability to speak, but this leaves the original body open to attack as one’s mind cannot be in two bodies at the same time. This is why Kalina will generally hide her real body and send her consciousness to the clone to help use it to assess her targets abilities before getting injured herself. Typically used in combination for a close range, omni directional attack, a clone’s maneuverability and power can be highly advanced depending on the skill of the caster. But this is all dependent on the control of the caster and how well they can keep the clone in their line of vision, because without seeing the environment the clone is inhabiting, their movements would see inorganic and tip off their opponent to the likes of a clone. This technique can be used for more than one clone, however, it will evenly distributes the caster’s magic between each clone, which comes at a cost of weakening the overall effectiveness of the clone and expend a great deal of energy. If the clone is seriously injured, it will revert to its natural lightning-state, at the same time electrocuting whatever it is touching. Kalina has used this as a trap herself, as she will use the clone to latch on to her target and then stab herself in the chest to cause the clone to revert and electrocute her enemy. Another great benefit of this is that a small portion of ethernano from the clone is returned to the caster’s body, in which their brain will process the information gathered by the clone. This can help a great deal with intel and even with training on a new technique. As the time to master a technique can be halved if using a clone.
- Static Discharge(静電放電 Seiden Hōden): First building up electrical energy into her core, Kalina gathers and condenses the ambient static electricity from the environment, concentrating it within her body by combining it with that of her own ethernano. This is done by the vibrational friction caused between the ethernano particles in her aura, and the molecules in the air. The molecules of the two materials of different composition tend to stick together on contact due to a form of chemical reaction. This is very close to a chemical bond; the adjacent dissimilar molecules exchange electrons. And when one material is physically moved away from the other, such as the condensing of ethernano back into Kalina’s core, it is regarded as friction. The result is that excess electrons are left behind in one material, while a deficit occurs in the other. With the air having developed a slight charge, Kalina releases the stored ethernano energy from inside her, causing the previously charged air molecules to become electrically overstress and come alive with streams of lightning going off in all directions. Depending on how long Kalina collects radiant ethernano, the reach of this spell is positively correlated. A typical discharge with a collection period of 5 seconds will reach a radius of 10 feet, while doubling that time will double the reach. A mage’s body can only store such energy for a given amount of time however, and so the maximum reach of this spell tops out at a charging time of 160 seconds, with a reach of 320 feet. The epicenter of this attack, with a 15 foot radius, will yield the most devastating damage; while to outer rim will only cause little discomfort, described to feel like the shock that occurs when you rub your feet on the rug and touch another surface.
- Circut Grid(配電網 Haiden-Mō): Placing a magic circle out in front of her, Kalina releases a tight grid pattern made out of lightning. This grid can expand to cover an area of 35 square feet, with each individual square making up 2 square inches. This is one of the more ethernano expensing spells as the individual squares are sealed with pure ethernano to solidify the construct of this grid. Meaning that Kalina, at maximum capacity, can only give form to this spell for around 30 minutes. The amount of time greatly decreases as the battle progresses, making it only capable of defending off a short burst attack, rather than a steady stream of attacks. The moment that an offending attack comes into contact with the grid it acts like an elastic net and bounces the foe's power back at them at such a speed that it seems that Kalina had cast it herself. This is due to the high resonant frequency of the ethernano, causing it to vibrate at such speeds that the interaction of the energy clouds emitted by the ethernano particles will keep them held together, but still allow them to stretch and recoil back into their original form. It is able to affect physical as well as projectile attacks of both magic or non-magic origin, so much as they are within the scope of this spell and an adequate amount of ethernano was put into the spell to reinforce it. It is the utmost highest in defensive spell in the proper hands, but should the magical energy of the opponent overwhelm the caster, the Circut Grid will merely shatter, but can slow down the attack enough for the caster to get out of the way. This can act as either an offensive trap, or a defensive wall, making it a very versatile attack. In Kalina's case the electric lines that make up the grid pattern have the capability of stunning any physical body it comes into contact with, scaring off those who wish to damage her barrier through the means of physical attacks.
- Synaptic Acceleration (シナプス加速, Shinapusu Kasoku): By increasing the frequency of impulses in her muscles, Kalina is able to activate voltage gated channels in her muscles and allow for more rapid contraction. This helps increase her strength and speed in correlation with how much she increase the rate of synaptic impulses. Although her speed is already heightened due to her ethernano's effect on her body, using this spell will push her body to the limit to allow for speeds equal or greater than that of High Speed Magic or even Light Magic. However, prolonged use of this spell can cause significant damage to the nervous system, and so a maximum of twenty minutes is all one can take before lasting effects.
- Electromagnetism(エレクトロマグネティスム Erekutoromagunetisumu): Through her extensive training in Lightning Magic, Kalina has been able to acquire a limited degree of skill in electromagnetic manipulation. By using electrical currents, she can generate a magnetic field and attract ferrous materials to her being to use to her advantage; like being able to create a make-shift shield out of scrap metal or walk on walls by attracting the iron particles in the ground to the electricity generated in her feet. This ability comes to be rather useful in combat when Kalina uses her bladed weapons, as she is able to throw and maneuver them without fear of them leaving her person. Although a weakness comes in the fact that those with skills such as Magnet Magic are able to overcome her electromagnetic pull; but she has been seen to stand toe to toe with someone who practices ferrokinesis. Additionally, those with exceptional strength can hold on to their blade and resist the pull if she were to try and take it from their hands. Another great use of this skill is the ability to send out electromagnetic pulses to disable electronic and technological devices. This proves useful in those who rely on machina limbs, or weapons that have an electrical/computer component.
- Static Detection(静的検出 Seiteki Kenshutsu): Kalina is able to detect all types of electricity: including electricity produced from living organisms, static, lightning, and electrical signals. A living being emits a constant, yet barely detectable wave of electricity through the air, allowing Kalina to passively located creatures while maneuvering through the field. This has proven useful in darkened areas where sight is not easily used, and Kalina can rely on this to locate her target or evade their movements. The greater an object is moving, the more electrical impulses are sent off in their body to tell their muscles to contract; this makes tracking a target easier than searching out a stationary one, as the moving target will release a greater electrical “cloud” to make them easier to see. This power can even extend to predicting movements during a battle, as the muscle emits an electrical signal right before it contracts. With quick enough reflexes, she is able to evade typical combat moves from that of mages, even going so far as to evading S Class combat attacks through the combination of her Static Detection and heightened reflexes. She is also able to do “active detection”, which is done by generating an electrical field and detecting any distortions within it. This gives her a clear image of the surrounding area that she can use to detect opponents or any other anomalies within an area of 35 feet. This comes across like a 3-D outline, giving Kalina the general shapes of masses, but not being able to draw out fine details. This is where the ability lacks, as it is useful in finding large objects, but should she try and use it to find a item smaller than 2 inches in diameter, like a trip wire for example, she will require a great deal of ethernano to focus on such a small object, sending out multiple pulses of the electric field to better reflect off all objects in the area.
- Lightning Immunity (雷に対する免疫, Kaminari Ni Taisuru Men'eki): The basic innate ability of any mage who uses an electric based magic. In the most basic sense, it allows Kalina to have an immunity to any other form of lightning based attacks that are directed at her; and while this is an effective means of dealing with lightning, it isn't all powerful. Lightning of a higher-tier, such as that from Slayers and other Lost Magic's can still cause harm to her. In Kalina's case, given her immense amount of skill in her Dragon Slayer Magic, as well as the fact that his Lost Magic is a tier above normal Lightning Magic, she is immune to the basic and weaker advanced spells of other lightning based Dragon Slayers as well as regular Lightning Magic mages. She is able to withstand the effects of said element without succumbing to the paralytic effects of such spells; and is even able to take a hit from naturally occurring lightning without any visible effects. She would even do so with a smile, for the lightning would just serve as food for her to ingest and restore his magical energy.
- Electrokinesis (エレクトルッキネシス, Erekutorukkineshisu): Electrokinesis is the psychic power to manipulate energies, electrical currents, and electrons. Kalina is able to conduct, generate and manipulate a form of energy resulting from the existence of charged particles (such as electrons or protons) which give her control over electric fields, electric charges, electric currents, electronics, and electromagnetism. Her immense knowledge and practice over electricity from his Devil Slayer Magic has given her a great deal of control and power over the element of lightning and its derivatives. One of the numerous abilities his electrokinesis offers her is electrical absorption; the power to conduct and store electrical energy within his body. He can increase his store of electricity by draining electrical devices and machines, she can absorb ambient electrical energy like static in the air, and can manipulate the direction of her opponents lightning based attacks. When his power and focus have reached an optimal state, the electricity can also be manipulated in her target's nervous system, though its effects are typically minimal due to her limited experience. Such effects can be disorienting the thought process, generating static cling in the hair, and giving massive headaches and slight paralysis. The electrokinesis within her own body is of a higher caliber and allows him to improve activity within her own nervous system to allow higher cognitive processing, a faster speech rate for spell incantations, and faster movements of her body.
Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic (雷の滅竜魔法 Kaminari no Metsuryū Mahō) is a Caster, Lost, and Dragon Slayer Magic that revolves around the creation and manipulation of lightning from internal and external sources. Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic allows the user total supremacy over electricity, specifically electricity that is generated in cumulonimbus clouds, otherwise known as lightning. However, the user completely forgoes cloud creation and generates lightning from within them at the same, or above the strength of natural lightning. The user can manipulate lightning from any point in their body, such as their mouths, hands, and feet to perform spectacular magic endeavors. Lightning is one of the hardest elements to control, being that it automatically seeks out the path of less resistance, as well as setting things on fire if used immoderately or in a dry environment. Unguided mages, especially Second Generation Slayers, pose a great threat to their own safety, however, with time, this magic becomes one of the most lethal and effective forms in existence. Luckily due to her proficiency in Lightning Magic, Kalina is able to perform typical slayer abilities, as well as use this enhanced power to power up her normal lightning spells.
- Lightning Dragon's Roar (雷竜の咆哮, Rairyū no Hōkō): The signature breath attack of any Slayer, this one is unique to any and all Lightning Dragon Slayers, starting and being delivered in the same format by nearly all users. Kalina begins this by drawing in a large breath, the air in her mouth crashing and vibrating against itself violently, mixing with the internal magic power within her. This causes electricity to form and thus giving the spell the lightning part of its name. Much like other slayers, Kalina can release the spell in two ways, the first being more controlled and the second being wider and generally more destructive in terms of damaged property. To release the first, she places her hands around her mouth, making a small hole for the magic to pass through. This makes the spell much more centralized, giving it a far greater piercing ability, though in turn, makes the spell much less useful when facing a quick opponent who can dodge around it. The second way is much faster than the first, and after the lightning is gathered, it is released in a massive and crushing force, plowing through most anything in its path and easily carving through the ground below it even if it never directly touches due to the sheer magical presence it has. If the target is able to survive the power of this attack, they will be temporarily paralyzed, unable to move away from any future attacks that Kalina initiates. By casting this spell in an arched trajectory, Kalina is able to hit a target who may not be in her immediate range, or hit more targets in one sweep. Generally, Kalina's lightning is blue-white in color, however, by altering aspects of the lightning, she can cause the color to change. The most common change is altering the charge of the electrons, making the lightning positive. This change makes the lightning far less likely to branch off, carrying more piercing power with it, and the name is altered to Positive Lightning Dragon's Roar. With certain changes, the color of her lightning may be altered as well, though these changes are most often as a result of atmospheric changes. Additionally, Kalina can produce what is known as Dark Lightning, a lightning bolt that produces very little visible light, instead releasing gamma rays, the strongest known electromagnetic frequency. This lightning, along with having the aforementioned abilities, can induce mutations and cancer in the affected targets, often deep beneath the surface of their skin, for gamma rays penetrate the surface rather than reflecting off of it. This roar's name is changed as well, being Dark Lightning Dragon's Roar.
- Lightning Dragon's Raging Bolt: Raging Bolt is considered an S-Class Lightning Magic spell thanks to needing an incantation in order to utilize properly, and the fact that it deals indiscriminate damage is another factor in this classification. When performing the spell, Kalina raises her clenched fist in the air chanting the incantation; "Resounding through the air, the roar of thunder, plunge from the heavens and reap destruction! RAGING BOLT!!!" (鳴り響くは召雷の轟き天より落ちて灰燼と化せレイジング・ボルト！！！, Narihibiku ha Shōrai no Todoroki Ten yori Ochite Kaijin to Kase！Rējingu Boruto！！！). Once this is done, the magic words spoken in order to invoke Raging Bolt cause a powerful resonance; Kalina's magic powering manifesting in a seal above the opponent from a considerable height, which begins to spin quickly, the magic words taking the form of an enormous bolt of lightning which drops from the seal at amazing speeds, striking the opponent if its horizontal momentum has not carried them out of the way—and if there are no obstructions in the way. Upon hitting the opponent, a large shockwave is created with the potential to knock the foe away, at least as much as the lightning itself. This spell has a seemingly infinite vertical range and thus can be often used to score a victory when an opponent is in the air; leading to easy wins. The strikes multiple times and has a fair amount of upward knockback; however, the thunder portion of the attack is considered a projectile and can be reflected back at the user by a Wave magician or absorbed for healing by an elemental absorption magician. The explosion generated upon impact cannot, however. Raging Bolt can pass through obstructions that are close enough to the magical seal. An interesting property of this is that if this attack connects with the user in mid-air, it can create a wall of electricity to prevent a recovering opponent, best if they try to go for an edge. In any case, at higher levels, the power of Raging Bolt is capable of completely vaporizing a weaker enemy with this enormous strike of lightning that ends in a vicious explosion.
- Lightning Dragon's Sword Horn (雷竜の剣角, Rairyū no Kenkaku): Lightning Dragon's Sword Horn is a powerful offensive Lightning Dragon Slayer Magic spell that Kalina has learned that involves Kalina surrounding her entire body in electricity and then headbutting the opponent in their midsection. To perform this spell, the user must first generate a extreme amount of lightning from their body. After generating it, they must continuously focus and compress that lightning into and around their body. This creates a extremely powerful and durable layer of electricity that surrounds the user. As the lightning begins to form, the user begins to charge towards the target at inhumane speeds. The speed of the user is literally capable of breaking the sound barrier, represented by the fact that it causes a sonic boom when in use. As the user is charging towards the opponent, the electricity surrounding the opponent begins to swirl around at a extreme pace, usually causing the lightning to take to form of a drill. As the user nears the opponent, the user appears of that of a shining bullet. Once the user reaches the opponent, they slam into the opponent's midsection. This deals incredible blunt trauma due to the speed at which the user was traveling at. Also, due to the rotational force of the lightning generated, the spell can also deal cutting damage as well as pierce the opponent's body. Since this is a lightning-based spell, a discharge of electricity is released into the opponent, stunning them for a while. This spell can even penetrate Magical Barriers with ease. Despite these claims, this spell has it's own weaknesses, as the user is unable to change their direction when using this spell, meaning that fast enough opponents can avoid this spell altogether.
- Lightning Dragon's Heavenward Halberd (雷竜 ・方天戟, Rairyū Hōtengeki): Kalina raises both of her hands in the air at her sides, generating electricity between her open facing palms. The lightning is rapidly shaped into the form of a massive spear, which she then hurls at her opponent. At first, the lightning appears to be a massive beam, spiraling from the epicenter, though the top is rapidly changed into a spearhead as it passes through the air, giving the spear severe piercing ability. This powerful spear has the potential to completely obliterate anything in its path save for the opponent, the intense magical energy released from the attack affecting the area around it for an extended radius, the electrical pulse capable of disrupting technological devices for short periods of time. The weapon generated by such technique resembles a Ji, a traditional Chinese halberd, in appearance.
- Lightning Dragon's Breakdown Fist (雷竜の内訳拳, Rairyū no Hoken): An immensely powerful spell that entails a super-powered punch capable of leveling entire mountains. Kalina begins this spell by generating high-voltage lightning around her arm. She then shifts her whole body back, her dominant hand —and the hand with the lightning— being pointed away from her target. She then quickly moves forward, throwing her whole body into it to get the maximum amount of force behind the punch. However, instead of striking her opponent directly, a magic circle appears in front of her fist, from which a fist made entirely out of lightning is launched out, heading towards her opponent. Upon making contact with the opponent, massive blunt damage is delivered, the lightning temporarily stunning her opponent as well, leaving them open for future attacks. Despite the obvious strength of this attack, it is extremely centralized, hitting only her target. However, should Kalina rush forward into this attack, it could potentially damage her body or those around him due to the concentration she requires to keep the attack on a singular path.
- Lightning Dragon's Jaw (雷竜の顎 Rairyū no Agito): After having knocked her opponent to the ground, Kalina approaches them, standing above them. She joins her hands together above her head, imbuing them with an immense amount of lightning, as well as a lightning bolt being formed above her that subsequently crashes onto the opponent when she swings her hands down onto them. This force crushes opponents beneath her, smashing into the earth beneath them, creating a massive crater, her hands being the epicenter, thus forcing her into its depths as well. An advanced practitioner of this magic was able to defeat a Demon from the Book of Zeref in a single shot with this spell, alluding to its extensive strength when in the right hands.
- Lightning Dragon's Bullets: Kalina positions on of her hands in a way that resembles a gun, charging magical energy into a single, focal point, this being the tip of her finger. This creates a sphere of constantly spiraling lightning in front of her finger, the position of her hand and this creation being the namesake for this spell. Once the magic she has gathered is at the desired amount, she releases it, allowing it to travel towards her opponent at close to the speed of actual lightning, generally inflicting the same amount of piercing ability as a normal bullet. However, she can also release this attack as a continual beam, allowing it not only to strike the intended target but continuously drive through it, the spiral giving it a boost in terms of its ability to wear away at objects, eventually rendering shields, magical and physical, useless.
- Dragon Dance (乱舞の二世竜 (ドラゴン・ダンス), Doragon Dansu lit. Wild Dance of the Second Era Dragon): Dragon Dance is activated when Kalina causes a surge within their Dragon Slayer Lacrima. Since there is an artificial lacrima implanted into the Second Generation Dragon Slayer which is attached to their veins, arteries, etc in that area; the mere implantation of the Dragon Slayer Lacrima has caused said areas to instantly become modified to resist a greater flow of magical energy throughout their body. Because of this, Kalina is granted an exponential boost of strength, speed, stamina, and magical energy; essentially increasing their power all across the board as to allow the Second Generation of Dragon Slayers great power capable of bringing the Second Generation of Dragon Slayers up to the level of their brethren. Upon activating their Dragon Slayer Magic, Kalina automatically enters the state known as Dragon Force; giving her an enormous boost all across the board, also giving her scales of a dragon for added protection. Dragon Dance takes this several steps forwards, kicking it up a notch—when using her Dragon Slayer Magic, Kalina is capable of increasing the flow of magic within their body, causing a vibration of her draconic scales. This causes aura to flow out from the scales as to shroud her body in excess energies which increases her defense and endurance, exponentially enhancing the momentum of her attacks, and because it's so fast, this results in itself be damaging, alongside the enhanced attacks, constantly being pressured by a fast-flowing current of magic; in other words, a "dance". The endurance gained by Dragon Dance a great amount of defense and durability that one wouldn't gauge just by staring at Kalina; this is all thanks to the vibration of her draconic scales. Kalina's bones and muscles become denser and harder than normal, to the highest human potential, which makes them very durable compared to a normal human. They are durable enough to the point that if a person beats her with a thick metal iron, the stick would eventually break and Kalina would show little discomfort. This level of durability is how she can survive things such as falls from several stories with no discomfort. In fact, Kalina's body is highly resistant to physical injury, capable of withstanding assault from high-caliber bullets as well as attacks from super powered individuals; she is capable of absorbing bullets from small-arms weapons firing conventional ammunition. Additionally, when Dragon Dance is active, Kalina's muscles produce lesser amounts of fatigue toxins during physical activity than do those of ordinary humans, as she can exert themselves physically at peak capacity for at least several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in her blood begins to impair her. Kalina is also capable of surviving in harmful areas for long periods of time such as underwater or in toxic gases. However, Dragon Dance has a grave weakness; the fact that too much flow of magic is easily harmful to the non-resistant veins and arteries around the body, making it both a strength and a weakness. And as such Kalina cannot stay in this form for more than a few hours without severe pain.
- Surging Dragon Fist (波動竜拳, Hadōryūken): The entire point of this spell is exert one's own fighting spirit and energy at the target; in this sense, the greater Kalina's will and magical power, the more powerful the technique becomes as a result. By focusing her magical power and the ambient amounts of ethernano in the environment to a single point, she will shape it into an orb-like construct. Upon command, she shoots it outwards in the form an energy beam that transforms into a large Chinese dragon-based entity spanning over three times the size of Kalina and very elongated in shape; its length dependent on how much power is put into the creature. As the beast detaches itself from her fist and charges forth towards its unlucky victim, Kalina is able to control the mastodonic creature through their sheer will and magical power; it can also be done through hand movements for more fine-tune control. Whenever the technique is prepared, Kalina is surrounded by a large dragon head made of her own willpower and magical energy, acting as a form of intimidation against those it's aimed at; however, this means that it would work on everyone, as there's people who's will is enough to resist such a fear tactic. The more powerful the will and magical power, the more resistant to the draconian aura. Yet it's strength is able to handle that of even the most seasoned mages, its pure ethernano construct capable of taking on an S Class mage without falter.
- Lightning Drive (ライトドライブ, Raiton Doraibu):An ability that amplifies Kalina's physical and magical prowess by harnessing the power of the Dragon Slayer lacrima that was implanted inside her. The lacrima helps distribute the magic particles stored within the crystal at a rapid pace, accelerating the output of ethernano into Kalina’s own magic circulatory system. This overall effect enhances her strength, speed, and combat potential almost tenfold; allowing her to stand toe to toe with enemies that are much more powerful than she is. She effectively enters a state of enhanced awareness and peak physical performance as she is completely cloaked in an aura of surging gold electricity, allowing her to better employ her Dragon Slayer Magic. It is said that while in this state, “the user demonstrates heightened reflexes and extremely quick information processing, and it amplifies the powers of their Dragon Slayer Magic without exhausting [them].” Kalina is able to enter Lightning Drive at will, making it an extremely useful ability and boost during a fight.
- Light Step (光歩, Hikariho): This slight adjustment to her Drive allows Kalina to quickly dodge incoming attacks within fractions of a millisecond. By quickly shifting herself into lightning particles, a feat that is achievable in half the time needed in her Drive form when compared to normal, she can dodge a surprise attack in less than the blink of an eye. Kalina is able to shift herself into a Lightning Body state and transverse these particles across space to appear at a location within a twenty feet of her original stance. This allows her to almost “flash” to a different spot to counter a linear attack or appear in the null spaces of a multifaceted attack to come out unscathed.
- Dragon Slayer Secret Art: Roaring Thunder (滅竜奥義 鳴御雷, ナルミカヅチ, Metsuryū Ōgi: Narumikazuchi): Kalina charges forward, imbuing her fist with lightning as she does. Upon reaching her intended target, she punches them, allowing the built up lightning to be released at them, dealing a heavy amount of blunt damage as well as severely electrocuting her opponent. The attack also pushes her opponent away with the immense force it contains, and when placed right, can force them into the air, and with their body paralyzed, can give Kalina the opportunity to unleash another attack to follow up with. It is shown to be powerful enough to defeat a Wizard Saint, though admittedly, this was after an extensive battle, as well as the assailant being rumored to have power at or above that of a Wizard Saint, who was only incapable of joining because of his questionable mannerisms.
Sound Magic (音響魔法, Onkyō Mahō): This magic allows Kalina to perceive, generate and manipulate any type of sound, attacking the opponents with sounds of various intensity. The way that Sound Magic is initiated is by Kalina projecting their magical energy outwards through his mouth with a yell or even a whisper, causing the magical energy to react with the ambient eternano within the atmosphere, triggering the usual fusion to manifest a spell—but in this case, it will produce the sound-manipulating effects that the user desires. With it, Kalina can create and modify sound waves to mimic, intensify, hush, and distort, as well warp, strengthen, echo, speed up, and slow down sound, using it as powerful physical force and high-speed movement. Kalina can create powerful sound waves from any part of her body or anywhere in the nearby surroundings, making it effective for mid-range to long-range combat. With it, Kalina is able to increase sounds, for example when they use their power, it allows them to increase the sound of their voice to be so powerful that it can create craters and move heavy objects.
Depending on how much sound is generated, and the pressure in it, Sound Magic can easily deafen Kalina's opponents. In addition, the sound waves can even be strong enough to destroy buildings with ease and can kill multiple people. A proper use of this magic is to hear a person's very soul, allowing the user to tell if they are scared, what are they going to do next, and even their thoughts. This ability is so accurate that it was actually confused as mind reading; though this only seems to work when the person's "voice" they are listening to is thinking, or has memories. Sound Magic produces high-speed vibrations which can be applied to several techniques. This can be applied into many situations, including the ability to enhance the cutting power of her blade or activating a high-pitched sound which can disable any opponent.
Kalina is also able to increase his speed to incredible levels to the point where they are able to move at the speed of sound; when adding their spell speed into the mixture, they move so fast that it is an inevitability that the opponent will be unable to track their movements, let alone hit them. Sound Magic produces high-speed vibrations which can be applied to several techniques. This can be applied into many situations, including the ability to enhance the cutting power of their blade or activating a high-pitched sound which can disable any opponent. At low frequencies, sound is potentially fatal to living beings by causing internal damage, while high frequencies cannot be heard by normal humans but can be used for sonar-like effects. Since sound vibrations can travel through the air, ground, water and any form of medium, defense by using physical barriers is difficult. The vibrations can also affect at a molecular level. In essence, sound is an invisible, deadly weapon and a versatile tool. Taking the simple power of manipulating various sounds further, Kalina is capable of exaggerating these properties, in order to grant them the ability to do all the same, but on a vastly greater scale. This allows her to emit sonic booms from their body, silence the area so that not even a single sound will escape, and allow various objects, or even people, to become "soundproof"—in other words, they can make themselves or their target immune to sound in its entirety.
- Siren's Wall (サイレンの壁, Sairen no Kabe): Kalina produces a piercing sound in their immediate vicinity that he is then able to convert into a wall of pure pressure, which simultaneously protects her and destroys a significant portion of the surrounding area. This spell has been seen to be capable of blocking a bombardment of attacks, proving that this is indeed quite durable.
- Hyena's Laugh (ハイエナの笑い, Haiena no Warai): Kalina uses this spell to produce a series of sound waves from her mouth that she launches towards his opponents. She is able to adjust the frequency of this spell in order to match up with the frequency of her target's body or defense, causing it to completely shatter. The residual effects of this spell is enough to cause those that are still standing in the affected area to lose their sense of hearing for a brief period of time due to their auditory canal being damaged.
Cochlear Magic (蝸牛の魔法, Katatsumuri no Mahō) is a highly specialized subspecies of Sound Magic. It is a Caster Magic that revolves around the acute manipulation of acoustic qualities such as pitch, amplitude, intensity, frequency, and tone. One of the most noticeable differences from its parent magic comes from the mastery of frequency manipulation, rather than relying on the intensity, or loudness, of a sound. However, its particular means of creation and execution is where the underlying specialty comes in. Like that of its parent magic, this magic allows the user to perceive, generate, and manipulate all types of sound and vibrational frequencies. The creation of a spell’s sound is an internal process however, that does not require the output of ethernano into the environment to form the desired pitch or frequency. The manipulation of ethernano is an internal process within the body that is then projected outwards as an organic vibrational wave with the desired properties. Because of the skill and knowledge required to produce the sound internally before projecting it outwards, a mage must be highly skilled in the practice of Ethernano Manipulation to be able to achieve such attacks without damaging themselves in the process. This particular process, however, allows a mage to send off an attack without it requiring ethernano to maintain its effect. The formation of the sound will utilize the abilities of ethernano to help the mage adjust the sound to suit the particular desire, yet once the particular vibration is cast, it functions as solely that. The sound will travel as a vibration that propagates through a medium as its typical wave of pressure and displacement of molecules. This allows a mage to overcome ethernano manipulation techniques that have the ability to displace an attack due to the fact that it is an organic attack of that was achieved through magical means. This is not to say that ethernano isn’t required to maintain the duration of such sound wave, and so a mage must continuously mold the ethernano to achieve the desired output for a longer duration. This particular feature is one of the sole reasons that many sound mages work so hard to achieve such mastery over their magic, so they can one day achieve this particular subspecies.
The downside to this is that they can only produce organic spells that have a point of origin at their body; spells that require their point of origin to be further out must rely on the typical teachings of Sound Magic. But the sound waves produced through the means of Cochlear Magic still hold its effectiveness in close to long-range combat; making it one of the more versatile magic in existence. The strength of this magic comes from its keen manipulation in frequency. Emitting such vibrational frequencies can have both positive and detrimental effects. For example, when a mage emits a high vibrational frequency into their blade, its cutting power can be increase to help slice through molecular structures deemed impossible for normal blades. Or perhaps they emit sonic pulses from their feet to improve their speed to tremendous levels; a pulse that they can redirect and adjust to match the frequency of a tall building to cause it collapse in on itself. This organic sound is also deadly on its own, due to the fact that these waves can travel through nearly any medium; regardless of being solid, liquid, or gas. And due to the fact that sound is invisible, it makes a cochlear mage’s attacks nearly inescapable and undetectable if emitted at the correct frequency and amplitude.
- Nekodamashi (猫騙し, ねこだまし): A technique Kalina picked up, and slightly altered, from watching sumo wrestlers in the ring. This technique is usually done to surprise an opponent by doing a loud, unsuspected clap in front of their face to cause them to lapse in focus as well as close their eyes to open themselves up for a strike. Kalina has managed to amplify this technique through her Sound Magic by amplifying the wavelength and altering the pitch to cause a petrifying effect. Kalina will read the opponents stance, facial feature, magical pressure, heart rate, breathing pattern, and muscle twitches to determine when there is a relative gap in concentration, or an opening where they let their guard down; as well as the state of mind in which the person is highly susceptible to outside stimuli such as Nekodamashi. This sudden release of sound resonates at a frequency in the brain that is an inverse to the natural synaptic transmission frequency, cause the opponent to lose mobility for around five seconds; a time ample enough for Kalina to execute a hard hitting attack.
- Voice Mimicry (音声擬態, Onsei Gitai): Used heavily in reconnaissance and jobs, Kalina is able to adjust the output of her vocal chords to mimic any sound she has heard or is able to listen to for a duration of fifteen seconds. This mimicry is highly effective in infiltration and bypassing vocal scanners, as well as confusing the enemy through phone calls and misleading directions in groups. She can use this to manipulate and scare an opponent by releasing large explosion sounds, or even throwing her voice to mislead the direction in which her attack is coming from.
- Sonic Pulse (音波パルス, Onpa Parusu): Kalina can create a counter vibrating frequency to cancel out another object's natural vibrational frequency, thereby causing it to shatter. This ability takes advantage of the ideal that everything; including objects, living creatures, immaterial creatures, space, time, matter, energy, and so on, gives off a vibrating frequency, and by emitting an opposing frequency, both the frequency and the object are destroyed. However there is a limit as to what Kalina is able to destroy using this counter-soundwave. Due to the limit in her skill right now, she is only able to determine the resonate frequency for static material objects after hearing their emission from hitting another object. This is extremely useful when it comes to battle during those who rely on weapons, as she is able to determine the opponent’s weapon frequency when it clashes with her own, which allows her to emit a sound wave to help destabilize the molecular structure of the blade and cause it to lose its effective shape. This can typically be done through the emission through her sonokinetic gloves, or her vocal chords. She is also able to let forth a scream to resonate against various structures such as stone walls, concrete barriers, brick buildings, and of course shatter glass.
- Acoustic Wall (音響壁, Onkyō Kabe): Using the same principles as Sonokinetic Flight, Kalina is able to emit a frequency to help repel objects and attacks. This attack usual expands with a twenty-five foot diameter of optimal effectiveness, but has a five foot buff of effectiveness dependent on the strength of the offending attack and the dissipation of the sound waves in the medium. This can go one of two ways, with a high frequency wall or a low frequency wall, and is a choice Kalina will decide when she is facing the opponent. Typically a high frequency wall is used, around 29,000 Hz to avoid hearing damage, as it can repel most physical items include those of the liquid nature; but when facing an opponent who uses fire, she will take on a low frequency approach. Ranging from 30 to 60Hz, soundwaves have been proven to extinguish flames, as the difference between the high-pressure peak and low-pressure trough in the sound wave is large enough to douse the flame.
- Sonokinetic Flight (ソンッキネティクフライト, Sonkkinetiku Furaito): Through the emission of two unique sound waves to surround her, these sound waves will be at frequencies slightly above the audible range--roughly 22 kilohertz. When these sound waves are precisely aligned, it creates two sets of sound waves that perfectly interfere with each other, setting up a phenomenon known as a "standing wave". At certain points along a standing wave, known as nodes, there is no net transfer of energy. Because the acoustic pressure from the sound waves is sufficient to cancel the effect of gravity, she is able to levitate when placed at the nodes. This requires a great deal of concentration for her to maintain levitation. She will usually emit these frequencies through ethernano emission in her feet, palms, and other various joints along her body to help maintain equilibrium in the air, as well as provide a method to advance her propulsion to that of the speed of sound.
- Sonokinetic Shield (ソンッキネティク盾, Sonkkinetiku Shīrudo): The most basic of her defensive spells, Kalina can form a multitude of sonokinetic shields of varying shape and thickness, functioning independent of one another. This barrier is made up of highly vibrational ethernano molecules, making it impossible for even mages of the highest skill to manipulate or consume. These barrier particles vibrate in such a way that, even though they can be broken with a fairly strong attack, they can withstand most weapon attacks, physical attacks, and projectile attacks from that of an average mage. The dimensions of this barrier is typically only two to three inches thick, but is fluid enough to cover a variety of objects in a 120 square feet area. They also are not bound by earthly ties, meaning that the barrier itself does not have to have an anchor and can freely float and move alongside Kalina should she use it as a shield. This also means that even if a mage does happen to break out of the barrier, Kalina can simply manipulate it to stretch back around the target, and then reinforce it so it doesn’t happen again. The benefit is that this construct can be made a multitude of ways, from the typical Sound Mage way of vibrating the ethernano through her vocal chords; or he can use ambient sound waves made from a snap of his fingers to the stomp of his foot. This helps her avoid exposing her insides to the likes of poison gas or other inhalable substances before he can erect a shield.
- Techno Fist (テクノ拳, Tekuno Ken): Cupping her hands together, this attack can be performed in various levels dependent on the level of strength desired from the output as well as the standing frequency of the target. For the first stage of the fist, an output of a low frequency sound is released into a contained space to resonate. For this, Kalina will cup her hands together by holding the wrists together and keeping the palms open. She will then extend her fingers towards the center of her palm and begin emitting a certain frequency of ethernano from them, keeping the force contained within the space in front of her. Her fingers act like buffers for the sound to resonate back and forth, the waves altering their pitch until it reaches the correct frequency to disrupt the construct of the target in front of Kalina and deal substantial force. This pulse of sound feels like a freight train hitting dead on in the chest, as well as having the potential to rupture the ear drum of a target that is hit. Once the correct frequency is reached, Kalina will push forth a large surge of ethernano from the middle of her palms, breaking the containment she had on the mass and sending the blast of sound forward in a beam towards his target at a resounding speed. The pulse is able to be sent out in a shot of three different bursts, and dependent on the frequency, it does not take long to repeat.
- Songbird's Lullaby (歌姫の子守唄, Utahime no Komori-Uta): Hearing this progression of notes causes a mage to feel extremely drowsy and practically fall asleep. This attack relies on what is known as binaural beats to help slow the target’s brain wave pattern from a normal waking Beta frequency to a slower Alpha frequency, then to a slower Theta frequency (the brainwaves when we are dreaming), and finally to Delta waves (the brainwave frequencies of deep sleep). Scientists have stated that, “Within the sound processing centers of the brain, pulse stimulation provides relevant information to the higher centers of the brain. In the case of a [two different wave forms] the electron pulse rate in one part of a sound-processing center is greater than in another. The differences in electron pulse stimulation within the sound processing centers of the brain are an anomaly. This anomaly (the difference in electron pulse stimulation) comes and goes as the two different frequency waves mesh in and out of phase. As a result of these constantly increasing and decreasing differences in electron pulse stimulation, an amplitude modulated standing wave (the binaural beat) is generated within the sound processing centers of the brain itself. It is this standing wave which acts to entrain brain waves.” By emitting these two alternating waves from each of her hands, Kalina is able to adjust the frequency slowly to lure the target to sleep. Because this frequency is in tune with the natural wave frequency of the brain, a target will not be able to hear the song start, only begin to notice as they are starting to get drowsy and sluggish as their brain begins to adjust to the emitted binaural beats.
- Song of the Lotus (蓮の歌, Hasu no Uta): A high pressure sound wave whose frequency and intensity can cause extreme nausea and disorientation in those who hear it. These sounds waves will shift the endolymph within the three semicircular canals of the ears, causing the hairs within the ampule to depolarize and send a signal via the vestibular nerve to tell the brain the position of the body. When these signals originating from the ear do not match up with the signals perceived from the visual cortex, the body cannot determine its correct orientation and the target will become extremely nauseous. Its effects have been described as being as severe as a Dragon Slayers motion sickness; forcing a mage to remain motionless unless they dare suffer projectile vomiting.
- Death Song (死の歌, Shi no Uta): Though not actually causing death, this attack of infrasonic sound can cause an unfamiliar mage to go into a severe panic attack, as well as cause lasting damage to the eyes and eyes if sustained long enough. The low frequency of infrasonic sound and its corresponding long wavelength makes it much more capable of bending around or penetrating your body, creating an oscillating pressure system. Depending on the frequency, different parts of the body will resonate, which can have very unusual non-auditory effects. For example, Kalina will start off the song at 19Hz. This will cause the opponents eyes to twitch; and as she turns up the volume to approach 110 dB, her opponent will start seeing colored lights at the periphery of their vision or ghostly gray regions in the center. This is because 19Hz is the resonant frequency of the human eyeball. The low-frequency pulsations start distorting the eyeball's shape and pushing on the retina, activating the rods and cones by pressure rather than light. Kalina will then slowly increase the song and alter the Hz to allow for different effects. At 130 dB, the inner ear will start undergoing direct pressure distortions unrelated to normal hearing, which can affect her target’s ability to understand speech. At about 150 dB, people start complaining about nausea and whole body vibrations, usually in the chest and abdomen. By the time 166 dB is reached, they will start noticing problems breathing, as the low-frequency pulses start impacting the lungs, reaching a critical point at about 177 dB, when infrasound from 0.5 to 8Hz can actually drive sonically induced artificial respiration at an abnormal rhythm. This combination of infrasonic effects practically immobilizes a mage, robbing them of two vital senses as well as inducing hyperventilation. This allows her to easily bypass a mage’s defenses and subdue them.
- Sonic Drop (ソニックドロップ, Sonikkudoroppu): Concentrating ethernano into her palm and placing it on the earth, she is easily able to cause large tremors. Though usually using her palm, she has done this spell by performing a transition from a punch or kick before striking the ground with incredible force. The ethernano that had been concentrated into her extremity will be instantly released into the ground upon impact, cause the earth to spiderweb out in cracks from the sonic soundwaves disrupting the stability and construct of the ground. This will cause the opponent to become off balance and distracted, allowing for a subsequent attack. The Sonic Drop also releases a great deal of rubble skyward due to its extreme concussive nature, causing large chunks of shard like ground to burst up and further damage opponents. Kalina can concentrate the usual 50 foot span of this attack by altering the release and frequency of soundwaves to prevent the uprooting of earth further away. The speed at which the earthquake happens is about 14 km/second making it almost inescapable for that of a normal human, but a mage of great speed will be able to dodge the cracking earth; hence why Kalina will send in a second pulse of sound to help uproot the shards of earth to those who try and escape into the air.
Beast Summoning Magic (野獣召しの魔法, Yajūmeshi no Mahō): Kalina has made contracts with only a few magical beast, due to her focus being on Lightning Magic. Feeling a strong bond with each beast she comes across, Kalina and her beasts fight fluidly together. In order to make a contract with a beast, she must mold her magic into that of a unique summoning seal that can be tattooed onto the beast. This mark links her magic with that of the beast's, allowing her to summon it through a magic circle instantly. This seal also allows Kalina and the beast to communicate with one another through the process of sending the Kalina's ethernano in unique pulses to that of the creature's brain, allowing them to process speech, even if the species themselves is unable to reciprocate.
The beast themselves do not rely on Kalina's magical energy, like that of a Celestial Spirit, and are free to use their own magical power during a fight. However, in order to be summoned, Kalina must use the magical energy equal to at least 60% of the creatures magical energy. This means that the more powerful the beast that is being summoned, the more magical energy must be used by the caster to get the beast to their own point in space. This rule is easy to overcome when the beast being summoned is not of the magical nature, and relies on brute force or innate abilities like flying, but when calling upon a creature with whom holds a great deal of spells at their disposal, a mage will have to have an exceptional amount of skill to bring forth the creature to the battlefield. It is possible to summon more than one creature to the battlefield as long as the combined power of the two beasts do not exceed that of the caster, if so, the caster will be drained of energy immediately.
- Manaka (マナカ, Manaka): An Ichibi Ōkami Fox, these foxes are the most common foxes of the Okami skulk. They appear with only one tail and unique flames along their body. Being that this breed possess the lowest amount of magical power in respect to the other breed of foxes, they rely heavily on their intelligence and magical knowledge to help their partner. Manaka was chosen specifically for Kalina due to his overwhelming knowledge in tactics, as well as his speed being the fastest of his breed in order to keep up with his owner in battle. Manaka is one of the more versatile of foxes and is able to use his magic sparingly and selectively to optimize the flames use.
- Inferno's Rage (地獄の怒り Jigoku no Ikari): Manaka can condense stray magical energy in the area into a large sphere, rotating the magic at very high speeds. The speed at which he does this will vary on the density of ethernano in the area, but can typically take anywhere between five to ten seconds. He then thrusts the ball forward to release the magic energy as whirling blast. This attack is most useful when activated towards the end of a battle between high-level opponents, since the area will be saturated with excess energy from their attacks. It is a recycling of the magical energy, and when the magic is rotated at high speeds it generated a deathly heat wave, as well as a piercing screeching sound. This spells gets its name from both the high heat and sound; people have thought that it sounds like the souls crying out from the flames of hell.
- Okami Petals (大神花びら Ōgami Hanabira) : A spell of simple nature, Manaka will start by inhaling a deep breath and concentrating the ethernano in her throat. Once charged, Manaka will release a multitude of small orbs of fire that spread out in a 12 foot area. These “petals” burn at extremely high temperatures, as an Okami Fox’s fire is around 4 times stronger than that of a normal mages fire. This will allow the petals to easily burn through a shield of earth or metal, and can even withstand a small amount of water. The petals themselves can also act as a “mine field” being shot off in the air where they will become suspended in place; a feature very helpful to slow a pursuer.
- Flame Tackle (炎がタックル Honō Ga Takkuru): Very similar in nature to that of a Volt Tackle by creatures of the electric nature, this spell allows for a significant amount of head on damage. Manaka will release a great deal of ethernano from her pores that comes alive into a bright red flame, engulfing her entire body. He will then use her incredible speed to charge at the enemy in a blazing sprint, aiming to headbutt them in any visible place. This will do a significant amount of damage, as being touched by the Okami flames will immediately cause second degree burns at least. The only downfall is that it cause Manaka some pain as well, as he is performing that headbutt at full speed.
- Zei (ジー, Jii): Prized as the guardian of knowledge in the realm of animal spirits. He is thus the most knowledgeable being in a vast array of magic an tactics. He never misses an opportunity to learn new facts or share his knowledge, making it pretty tough for Kalina to get him to shut up and focus on his task at hand. His expertise in Wind Magic makes him a formidable ally in battle, as well as his knowledge in tactics. Kalina will often be summoned to provide Kalina with a new vantage point on the battlefield, as he is capable of carrying Kalina on his back high into the air to escape from any threat down below. His speed in the air is like that of a fighter pilot, able to bank and maneuver around the air in quick maneuvers to avoid any projectile attacks with time to spare.
- Breath of Wisdom (知恵の息吹 Chie no Ibuki): This attack can actually be performed one of two ways. The first method is a more direct approach, where Zei will start by concentrating his Wind Magic in the back of his throat opening his beak to create a concentrated ball of wind with incredible rotation. This three foot wide orb is shot with incredible speed that it is compared to that of a bullet leaving a gun. The speed at which it is rotating actually gives off a high pitch screech, alerting enemies of it’s incredible force and ability to rip anything from trees to metal beams apart. A modification of this attack happens when Zei repeats the ethernano concentration process in each of his air sacs, generating a multitude of smaller orbs that can be shot out and creates a “mine field” of wind spheres that will explode when touched; releasing gale force winds against the opponent.
- Aquilo Twister(風の神ツイスター Kazenokami Tsuisutā): By flapping his wings at tremendous speeds, Kouki will begin to gather the wind in front of him, molding and spinning it into the shape of a towering tornado. Dependent on the amount of magic Zei puts into the creation of the twister, it can span anywhere from 250 feet across to two miles wide at the largest point. The wind itself travels at three hundred miles per hour, ripping up the earth as it goes and carrying a large debris and dust cloud with it. Although only a small part of the twister is in contact with the earth, the sheer speed of the vertical wind tunnel has the power to pull objects into its swirl that lay within twenty feet of the funnel. A unique aspect of this spell is its ability to generate water as well; this is because the intense low pressure caused by the high wind speeds and rapid rotation causes water vapor in the air to condense into droplets and conjoin with the twister. This cyclone of wind acts as a high level defensive spell, able to ward off average level spells, as well as projectiles, from entering into the eye of the storm. It is in this fact that it is very similar to the Wind Wall spell that most Wind Magic mages know, a fact contributed to learning it from the original users, the griffins. But this spell can also act as a devastating offensive spell; quickly canceling out almost all Fire Magic and ripping up the earth on its way to sucking in targets into its razor sharp wind tunnel.
- Fist of the Wind God (風神の拳 Fūjin no Ken): A powerful spell that combined the physical skills of the user and augments them with powerful Wind-based magic. When utilizing the Fist of the Wind God, the user gathers a spiraling flow of air from the surrounding area, cloaking and compressing it into a violently swirling sphere around their fist. The user then connects their fist into the target in the form of a very powerful punch; physical contact alone is enough to disrupt the internal organs within the body and crack the bones of the individual the first makes contact with. At the moment of impact, the wind is released from the user's fist in the form of a furiously rotating whirlwind, a cyclone, that is enough to entirely rend asunder the target. The cutting nature of these powerful currents are enough to destroy all but the strongest of metals, and it slashes away at the body of the opponent in the form of invisible and miniature blades of wind.
- Areli (アレリ, Areri): A heavily armored giant that can easily take on a barrage of any kind of storm. Although not fully covered this beast is prized for its protective and gentle nature. It aims to take care of the wildlife and "cleanse" the area of human interference with its fire and water magic when the animals of an island are in jeopardy. A specialty of the giant is to create steam from the mix of his two magics to provide cover as well as hurt his opponents from the scalding cover. His arm allows him to maneuver in this scorching steam without getting hurt, and when Kalina embodies this beast, she will take advantage of this fact to harm her opponents while getting the element of surprise.
- Fire Bullet (ファイア・バレット, Faia Baretto): Fire Bullet is known to be exceedingly basic in execution and it tends to be the first spell that those who take up elemental magic learn; indeed, it is near universal to the point that more often than not, any fire-elemental magician possess it within their arsenal. Fire Bullet itself harnesses the very fundamentals of spell formation to result in what could be considered an embodiment of what it is to make a magic into a spell. In any case, when performing Fire Bullet, the caster expels magical energies from their body, causing eternano in the vicinity to be drawn towards these energies like a magnet, resulting a the typical fusion of eternano and magical energy- from this point, the caster harnesses Shape Transformation in order to knead these energies into a sphere of varying sizes, typically as big as the user's upper body before using their Fire Magic to excite and speed up the motion of the magical energies through willpower alone, manipulating the kinetic energies of said particles to ignite them, resulting in the formation of a smoldering sphere of flame. From here, the caster launches the fireball at their enemy through either a physical motion or mental command. In any case, this orb of roaring flame shoots right towards the target at relatively high speeds, resulting in the fireball displaying a punching force which flies forth in a straight line at high speeds. Because the particles which compose the Fire Bullet are completely compacted, the projectile functions in a similar manner to that of a drill, boring into anything that is unfortunate enough to get in the way of the spell, dealing multiple hits up to a maximum of five, followed by a medium-sized explosion upon contact which causes relatively notable amounts of damage and destruction, while also serving to knock the opponent back, leaving a sizzling crater; it can also blow apart solid, reinforced walls- though Fire Bullet itself seems to fizzle out after a distance of fifty meters in flight unless the caster continuously pours magical energy to reinforce its composition. Exceptionally variable when compared to many other spells, Fire Bullet is known to be capable of being fired from any range and standing point, even in the air- though underwater makes it impossible. Fire Bullet can be modified into all sorts of sizes and can be manipulated into almost any formation deemed necessary, even having the spheres orbit around the caster to form a defensive barrier.
- Rising Sun (旭日, Kyokujitsu): Rising Sun is a spell that requires considerable accuracy in order to invoke the entirety of its scope. By concentrating magical power at certain locations within the ground, and subsequently releasing it as a combustive pillar of flame, Areli can damage multiple enemies simultaneously without any need for extensive preparation. It should be noted that the explosions caused are somewhat mild and inaccurate through quick casting, and as such, it is much more effective for the spell to be used as an ambush for immediate and potent injury towards an enemy.
- Rising Volcano (ライジング火山, Raijingu kazan): By expending a bit more ethernano, Areli is able to increase the intensity of the flames to that of seven hundred degrees Celsius, a scorching hit akin to that of lava. Because of this increase in heat it gives off a great deal more pressure while it is forming underground, making the speed of such attack almost twice as fast as Rising Sun, giving those of average speed little time to move from its eruption.
- Aghartha Geyser(アーアサ間欠泉 Aaasa Kanketsusen): Kavi uses the groundwater beneath his target to cause devastating effects. By increasing the energy within the molecules until it becomes boiling hot, Kavi will quickly bring the water just to the verge of vaporization, before manipulating it to shoot out of the earth's crust. With great force and speed, the geyser bursts out from under his opponent to throw them into the air with scalding hot water. This spell can continue on for a solid 30 seconds, spitting out almost 1.6 million gallons of water in total, completely scalding those that enter in its wide spanning path. The water itself can cause immediate blistering if a mage has no protection against such a powerful geyser. It is told in legend that Areli was a noble beast who was the cause of floods on the islands off the coast of Ishgar.
- Flash Fire (閃光火 Senkōka): This is a simple, highly effective Fire Magic spell that Areli will typically generate in his throat to be shot out like spitfire. Through emitting the magic in his throat, using it the point of focus, Areli charges, and subsequently compresses his Fire Magic into a compact shape. Mimicking the shape of a whistle, he fires the spell from his lips, emitting it in a linear path, similar to that of a bullet; however, unlike a bullet, this spell is laser-like when projected. Even without mastering the spell, it moves at speed that most opponents cannot perceive. This spell serves as means to attacking mage using speed enhancements, and to efficient method rendering defenses useless. When embodied by Kalina, she will follow a similar compression technique but instead will use it on her fingertips to mimic the effects of a gun.
- Locking Waves (施錠波浪, Sejō Harō): Areli modifies the density and viscosity of water to his advantage, sends out an omnidirectional wave of water from any possible medium, including their own body or a sword. This wave of water spreads the water's density across a large surface, and anything coming into contact with its viscous surface is immediately slowed down considerably. While the power Areli posses he has demonstrated the capability to do so at a wide range and slow down objects to a point where they seem to have halted entirely. The spell remains so long as he wishes it to, or for as long as he has magical power.
- Babur (ババー, Babaa): One of the faithful protectors of the Worth Woodsea Forest in Northern Fiore, Kalina managed to befriend this gentle beast. As one of her most faithful beast summons Babur comes to her aid with the help of Plant and Light Magic of the purest form. Babur also is fairly fast, travelling at speeds up to 45 miles per hour, making a ram from his horns capable of piercing armor and stone alike.
- Cedar Prison (セダー プリソン Sedaa Purison): With a stamp of his hoof Babur will raise up roots hidden within the earth, or if no roots are present, he will use that of her own magic to bring forth thick roots to erupt from the ground. These roots move at an incredible speed, even able to ensnare mages who dare to outrun them. Once caught up to her target, Mielikki will use the roots to create a circular structure to entrap her target in a thick dome of wooden roots. These roots can continuously grow over one another to create a rather thick barrier, and because they are infused with magic, their ability to break is not so easily accomplished without the aid of magic from the entrapped mage. The cage itself can be up to three feet thick, regardless of the size of the initial construct, but once it is made it cannot change size. This had led some mages, especially those of the Take Over specialty, able to break out of the cage by growing enough to cause tension among the roots. Babur can also combine this trap spell with a spore spell, making it a toxic environment within the sealed off barrier of wood. This can easily be used to knock out, paralyze, or even cause severe pain to the target within; so that even if they do escape, fighting in a poisoned state would be difficult.
- Eden's Perfume (エデンの香水 Eden no Kōsui): A typical spore magic spell that Babur can perform by the creation of her own blossoming vines; or through the manipulation of existing plant life into creating these deadly blossoms. Though typically done through a confining spell like Cedar Prison, Babur can activate this spell within the constructs of her own plant manipulation. This allows him to bring forth a particular flower in the midst of an onslaught to help add an additional means to stop the foe without them realized he had even modified the spell. There are various flowers that Babur can have appear of the vine, their color a clear indicator of their effect, and can also produce a healing sap that can be ingested to nullify the effects of these poisonous spores. Some of the flowers that Babur can call upon are:
- Purple Dresca (紫ドレスカ Murasaki Doresuka): The beauty of a flower releases potent, yet undetectable pollen that acts as a numbing agent. Its pollen is highly effective on a mage’s vocal chords, robbing them of their power to communicate with teammates or cast enchantments, making it rather difficult to coordinate attacks. Although primarily potent against the vocal chords, its effects lasting upwards of thirty minutes, it also affects those organs that are lined with mucous membranes that are in immediate contact with the pollen. This includes openings such as the eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. Now although it is not a “lethal” agent, it does cause a great deal of discomfort, as talking becomes rather difficult due to the numbing of the tongue. They eyes are a more sensitive area, and so due to their numbing, the blinking reflex is absent, allowing Babur to sweep dust and debris into their eye to cause major distress when the numbing effect wears off. With that of the mucous membranes, its effects typically only last around fifteen minutes.
- Yellow Kodelanor (黄色コーデラナー Kiiro Kooderanaa: This golden color flower is probably the most deadly in Mielikki’s arsenal, as if a mage is exposed to too much of the pollen from this flower it could result in death by asphyxiation. The pollen of the Kodelanor is a highly paralytic substance, as it blocks the enzyme used to break down acetylcholine in the neuromuscular junction. This is damaging because in order to avoid a state of constant muscle contraction, the acetylcholine is supposed to be broken down to non-reactive substances by the enzyme, and the blockage of this enzyme results in an accumulation of acetylcholine in the space between the neuron and muscle cell, leading to uncontrolled muscle contraction. This results in initial violent contractions, followed by sustained supercontraction, the latter resulting in flaccid paralysis of all the muscles in the body. If a mage is exposed to the pollen for more than five minutes, the paralysis of their diaphragm could cause them to asphyxiate to death. The effects of the pollen will typically go away within three to four minutes in a clean air environment, as that gives the body enough time to fully break down the intruding substance.
- Blue Anasthia(ブルーアナスシア Burū Anasushia): A rather simply pollen, this flower is a low acting general anesthetic. Though scientists are still not too sure how it works, the effects seen on mages are clear that it has the power to knock out those who smell it into a deep sleep. Though the power of this flower is entirely dose dependent, as a mage of small stature wouldn’t need to be exposed nearly as long as a mage of bigger size in order to see the sleepy effects.
- Antler's Radiance (枝角の輝き, Edatsuno no Kagayaki): First Babur will concentrate his ethernano into the multitude of tips in his antlers, causing a small glow to appear on the tips as this technique is activated and multiple streams of light are sent out to attack the enemy. The spread of these beams can cover a distance of 260 feet straight, and 35 feet across, making it one of most widespread and threatening attacks in Theia’s arsenal. The beams themselves are always connected at the point of origin, allowing Babur to alter the beam's direction after being shot by the aid of expert ethernano manipulation. This makes it possible to strike multiple enemies with pinpoint accuracy, even bypassing hostages held in close proximity. The beams start off at a thickness of 8 inches from their point of origin, and gradually get thinner as the travel down their path, ending at a mere quarter inch thickness at their maximum length. They can easily puncture steel or earth, and even make their way through viscous liquid due to their vibrational frequency. A unique trait about this spell is his ability to increase the number of beams to a substantially large amount, splitting them in half in the process. An initial attack can generate 15 different beams, each which can easily be controlled by Babur. But should she desire to split them up towards their 480 beam maximum, the maneuverability of the arrows lessens, turning the attack into more of a barrage, rather than a pinpoint attack.
- Saber Impact (サーベル影響, Sāberu Eikyō): Crouching down and opening his mouth wide open, Babur brings about a decent amount of ethernano to be concentrated in his throat. This ethernano swells outwards, taking shape in what appears as large saber teeth surrounding him, spanning a total of 25 feet arched around him. The benefit of this extremely dense attack is that can be performed both at close range, or “thrown” from a distance. Once formed, Babur will lunge forward snapping his jaw shut to release the attack. Should an opponent be in close range of this bite, they will feel the concussive force of this photonic attack like a freight train hitting him head on. The light itself can cause minor lacerations from its molecular speed, but the true power of this wing attack comes from the barrage of force. This is even a two part attack, as a shockwave of pressure from the force of the bite will follow a couple seconds after the initial strike. This does as much damage to the body as it does to the earth; effective ripping up rocks and roots half a foot under the surface.
- Ariel: The Behemoth of Earth:Ariel is a being which values the lives of all shapes and forms. She is a most loving and benevolent creature, the kindest of all the Behemoths. Ariel is the easiest of the spirits to get along with, but she will not pull the punches to one's emotional psyche. Despite her kind-hearted nature and sweet disposition, she carries a bit of a social flaw: She lacks all social inhibitions. She has no idea of how far is too far and what is considered too personal to speak of. Ariel is also very curious, which along with the lack of inhibitions, can be next to disastrous, not to mention that she is a shameless flirt. Ariel is a very efficient and powerful enchantress, making use of Enchantment for various purposes.
Beast Embodiment(ビアスト エンボディメント メージク Biasuto Enbodimento Mahō): This is a special magic which compliments Beast Summoning Magic by allowing Kalina to take on the traits of certain summon in combat. While Kalina receives the magical energy signature of the summon, the two beings do not fuse. It is merely a temporary transfer of their magic to Kalina, allowing her to take on spells as well as slight physicals traits of the beast that is being embodied. This allows her to summon more beasts while maintaining the abilities of the other. Upon completing the full transfer, Kalina gains temporary possession of the same abilities of the beast, as far as magic is concerned, and can use them freely in conjunction with her own magic. Kalina also gains some of the physical traits of the beast, due to the fact that the bond between Kalina and her beasts is amazingly strong, and so their magical signatures freely intertwine and resonate with one another.
High Magical Power: Being gifted with the mastery of ethernano manipulation that comes with the Inari bloodline, as well as having been implanted with a Dragon Slayer lacrima, Kalina has an enormous amount of magical power which is finely controlled. This level of magical power is reflected in its ability to enhance Kalina during combat as well as its ability to affect the surrounding environment on a controlled level, allowing Kalina to use it in combat to startling degrees. While she usually keeps it under control, when sufficiently angered, she can release it to its full extent; her aura coming off in a golden wave of lightning strikes. This overwhelming wave of pressure can unleash a powerful shockwave which causes a crater in the earth; infecting the ground around her to enable small chunks of rock to float upwards just by her mere presence. This technique certainly allows Kalina to appear opposite of her nature and become incredibly fearsome, as her magical pressure will instill fear in her opponents and can be felt from a great distance away. Because of her mastery over spells and her ethernano manipulation, Kalina has a natural control over the exertion of her magical energy, keeping it contained to the point where it is virtually impossible to detect her by normal means, though the constant effort can be taxing. This control can even extend to her ability to project a field composed of ethernano around herself. This exoskeleton acts as a highly effective body armor, protecting her from most physical damage. She is able to shape her aura into rudimentary forms as well, such as a clawed hand or a hammer-like bludgeon with which she can grip or strike with considerable force. It is not known exactly how much damage her "armor" can withstand, or how much physical force she can exert, but she has sufficient strength to shield herself and several others in a small area from simple projectile and blunt force attacks.
- Magical Aura (魔力の霊気, Maryoku no Reiki): A Magical Aura is a common term given to the exertion of magical energy into a form outside of Kalina's body that isn't used in the formation of spells. It has been demonstrated by various mages of varying potency, and is a common means of intimidation. A magical aura is created when the body's container of ethernano particles exceeds the limits of what it contains, or is purposefully released by Kalina. Upon doing so, the magical energy surges around the body and is exerted outwards in the form of an aura, which holds considerable pressure surrounding it. Depending on the level of magical power one possesses and the control behind it, it can be used as a means to intimidate another individual, or as a preparation for a powerful spell. A single magical aura can have a wide variety of effects dependent on the power an individual exerts, which will be outlined in the following sections. A standard aura is produced by mages with a moderate level of magical power within their body. By exerting it outward, it forms a thin layer of pressure that can cause one to be intimidated if they aren't a mage, or if they are a rather weak mage. This is generally demonstrated by individuals of S-Class strength when they are holding back, or when standard mages are showing that they are entering their full reserves of power. It should be noted that the density of this aura, by a S-Class mage, can cause physical attacks to be repelled with notable ease. Kalina, being that of only a novice mage but an expert in ethernano manipulation, is able to give off an aura capable of repelling so projectiles or morphing into a fearsome beast for intimidation. Although typically not resulting to such wasteful measures, Kalina's aura has been seen to be a yellowish white color that is somewhat translucent, although when she is truly angry and giving it her all, her ethernano takes on a more of a golden color.
Eternano Manipulation: From a young age Kalina had been somewhat of a protegee when it came to drawing in ambient eternano from the atmosphere; even able to do it kinetically, rather than through traditional means of meditation; it was her ability to do this that led her to be deemed the protegy of the Inari Family. She has the additional capabilities of absorbing eternano into her magical origin, as well as manipulating the eternano for offensive, defensive, and supportive purposes in any way that she wishes; although it still requires a great deal of concentration for her to harness ambient ethernano, and so it isn't used in battle frequently. Generally, a magician has an easier time collecting this stray ethernano in environments with higher concentrations of it such as the area where a vicious battle between others has progressed. He has however, been able to manipulate his own ethernano reserves with great skill, allowing her to execute attacks without excess waste of ethernano. At the absolutely highest level, a master magician's eternano prowess functions as a defense against illusions due to their sheer mastery over it, making them all but immune to everything except the strongest of fabrications.
- Physiological Meliorism (生理的な改善説, Seiri-tekina Kaizen-setsu) : Through the use of this magic a user is able to alter the efficiency of particular cells to allow for greater efficiency of a certain physiological process. Particularly used on the endocrine system, nervous system, muscular system, and skeletal system; this ability is able to effect all anatomical systems to improve a mages performance. This is done through the manipulation of their ethernano, allowing their magic to act as a catalyst or substitute substrate in various reactions in the body. This can greatly increase the output and efficiency of cell, as the body is able to use a form that can be replenished slowly through the means of ambient absorption; which is far less finite than the traditional metabolism and production.
- Aldo Mena: Unleashed- The manipulation of norepinephrine can be used to treat oneself and give Kalina one final push of power and speed if Kalina is extremely wounded or fatigued. Once Kalina seems like she is about to faint or lose a fight due to fatigue the norepinephrine can kick in to increase blood pressure. As norepinephrine is referred to as a "stress" hormone, using an excess amount can lead to organs being worn down faster than usual.
- Aldo Mena: Propogate- Using ethernano as a substitute, a Mage is able to disperse ethernano through the epimysium of the skeletal muscles and cause massive depolarization of the muscle fibers which causes the body to utilize all myofibrils during contractions. This can give Kalina an extra 20% increase in brute force, but this comes with a cost. Because Kalina is overriding the bodies natural defense mechanism of not utilizing all muscle fibers, prolonged use of this spell can result in extreme tearing of the muscles and related torque injuries.
- Aldo Mena: Nutriment- But utilizing substrate substitution or ethernano catalysis on the adrenal gland, a Mage is able to increase their levels of cortisol, a steroid hormone. One this spell is in effect, the body will begin gluconeogenesis, allowing the body to have an increased supply of "fuel". Although this can increase the output of muscles, but giving it the copious amounts of energy it needs, it is one of the more risky spells to use; as prolonged use can increase water loss, increase protein and bone degradation, and decrease immune and healing functions. So this spell is best used for a quick boost in power on a final hit.
- Aldo Mena: Inspiration- By increasing production of erythropoietin in the kidneys and liver, the body is signaled to begin erythropoiesis, or the creation of red blood cells. With physiological meliorism a mage is able to increase their erythropoietin levels to hypoxic condition, which is about 10,000 mU of the hormone per milliliter of blood. This increase red blood cell production by almost 1000 fold, giving the mage a greater capacity for gas exchange, allowing their muscles to perform aerobic respiration and prevent the build up of lactic acid, which causes soreness.
- Aldo Mena: Vitality- Activating this spell will increase metabolic rate, protein synthesis, bone growth and repair, and increase the body's sensitivity to hormones like adrenaline. The manipulation of these hormones, via substrate substitution or ethernano catalysis, will increase protein, fat, and carbohydrate metabolism of the mage's body and improve how cells use energetic compounds.
- Aldo Mena: Overhaul- Concentrating their ethernano on the anterior pituarity gland, a mage can stimulate release of Growth Hormone (GH) to stimulates growth, cell reproduction, and cell regeneration. This allows a mage to recover from injuries and minor wounds within a matter of seconds. The effects of this spell is only highly effective on superficial wounds, yet it can help with deep wounds by increasing the healing process exponentially related to the amount of ethernano output.
- Aldo Mena: Alleviate- This is a two fold modification that helps with releasing greater concentrations of enkephalin, a pain suppressant. This is one of the more difficult spells to master if Samarra wishes to grant instant pain relief. This can be done as a localized spell, or a generalized spell. Samarra will modify their ethernano to act as a substitute preproenkephalin, a signal peptide that will cause the cells to release proenkephalin. If wishing to use this a precaution, a user can stop this spell in the first stage and allow their body to naturally create enkephalin through the post-translational modification of proenkephalin. If wanting to grant instant pain relief, Kalina may enter the second stage and use their magic to catalyze the proteases used to cleave peptide bonds on proenkephalin and greatly reduce the time for the opioid peptide to take effect.
Proficient Swordsmanship: Even before a family member is tasked with learning the principles of magic, they start their training with martial arts, including that of Kenjutsu. They emphasize mastery over a variety of styles in order to be well versed and capable of defeating the strongest of foes. Before being accepted as a true member of the family, they must possess impressive swordplay; demonstrating great speed, accuracy and power, and being capable of fighting several foes at the same time. Alongside their techniques, and following hand-in-hand with their studies of magic, they will learn the basic sword spells such as Sword Pressure, Sword Beam, and Heaven-Shaking Slash.
- Iaijutsu: One of the principle sword techniques an Inari has at their disposal, this technique is by far her most proficient. Iaijutsu is a combative sword-drawing art, but not necessarily an aggressive art, because iaijutsu is also a counterattack-oriented art. Iaijutsu technique may be used aggressively to wage a premeditated surprise attack against an unsuspecting enemy. This fits in well with Inari's nature as they are never one to initiate attack without reason, and this art allows them to focus on counter attacks.
- Jikishinkage-ryū: This is mainly learned to teach a mage footwork and breathing. The footwork used in the Jikishinkage-ryū style and can be translated as law, rule or method (for) transporting, conveying or carrying ('walking'). It is stressed that both feet stay firmly planted on the ground at all times. The kiai consists not only of the shouting, like most martial arts, but of the proper way of inhaling and state of mind as well. Every kata has two distinct roles called uchidachi, the striking/attacking sword, and shidachi, the doing/receiving sword. Roughly, the swordsman draws a semicircle (upwards or downwards) with both their right hand (holding the sword), and their left hand (free). They finish the movement with his arms extended, the sword pointing upwards, and the free hand's index finger pointing downwards. They represent all the things in heaven and all the things in earth, and the practitioner in the center of everything. Another typical technique is both arms movement in which uchidachi raises with both arms and receives the subsequent uchikomi with the side of the blade. This results in thrusting the left arm forwards and turning both arms outwards to allow to absorb shidachi's cut which is in kiritsuki style like performed by a kaishakunin.
- Hokushin Ittō-ryū: Hokushin Ittō-ryū is a very intense dueling style, which focuses on simple and fast techniques where no unnecessary movements are made. Controlling the enemy’s center line with the Kiri-Otoshi and dominating him with extremely fast tsuki-waza are the signature techniques of this ryūha. The principles of this style are that a perfect technique should contain defense and offense in one action.
- Sword Pressure (剣圧, Ken'atsu): When performing the Sword Pressure technique, Kalina swings forward with their sword, swinging the blade so swiftly that it seems that Kalina is able to utilize air itself to slice enemies, focusing a current of wind to the point where it takes on a sharp edge, which Kalina launches at foes; sending it through the air towards Kalina's enemy. It is a powerful blade of pressure that appears as faint ripples of wind that is launched towards the foe at high speeds; this attack enables Kalina to assault things which are out of their sword's range, sending slashes which fly through the air itself; and can even remain floating in it until the right moment to slash. The person struck by the sword pressure is assaulted by countless invisible blades which happens so fast that they would normally be unable to properly react in time, carving up their body. Also, the strong wind power will blow away all incoming projectile weapons and will even make the opponent unable to stay on their feet; this technique possesses enough power to slice down many trees in a forest. This technique can deflect both physical and sound wave attacks and attack at the same time, making it both an offensive and defensive technique. These blades of wind possess incredible range and devastating power; and at its highest level of mastery, the sword pressure is capable of cutting through barriers of magical energy; and they can even remain floating within the air until the right minute to slash.
- Sword Beam (魔力剣波 (ソード・ビーム), Sōdo Bīmu lit. Magical Power Sword Wave) is one of the most basic Sword Magic spells to exist; while it is unknown, perhaps it is one of the first spells to be developed, as it is the basis for any magical attack that launches some sort of energy from a weapon; it allows Kalina to fire a wave of magical power from their sword.When performing the Sword Beam spell, Kalina infuses their sword with their magical energy, condensing it to its utmost limit, converging at a singular point—the tip of the sword; intensifying the kinetic energy that is about to be released by convergence and acceleration. This process can take from about half a second to a full minute, depending on Kalina's preferences or the properties of the blade; the caster is capable of compressing even more of their magical energy upon their sword to achieve a higher level of power. In any case, once this process has been completed, at the instant of the slash, Kalina swiftly releases the magical energy compressed upon the blade which magnifies the slash attack, unleashing it in the form of a wave of energy that flies forward at high speeds. The principal use of Sword Beam is to strike at adversaries outside of the sword's range, effectively nullifying the claim that swords are meant for close-range combat only. In any case, the Sword Beam spell, without any modifications, is extremely powerful, as it possesses great force that enables Kalina to unleash large-scale damage and destruction. Upon impact, the Sword Beam spell causes a large explosion with enough momentum to breach defenses; making it extremely powerful, ripping into the ground and destroying a very large prison building. A single swing of it is more than enough to disperse an entire rainstorm; as well as demolish a large radius of the surroundings and leave behind a huge crater in the wake of the attack. It can be utilized in many ways; striking at the ground allows Kalina to unleash the energy condensed upon their blade as an omnidirectional blade which can used as an impromptu shield for incoming attacks while upturning the earth before them; the debris of which crushes everything in its path. What should be noted is that the Sword Beam spell possesses homing properties; tracking the foe's heat signature in order to sniff them out and deal damage; curving until it reaches its destination; once fired, Kalina can move around as normal without any drawback. The attack requires about two seconds to travel a few hundred-kilometer distance, and Kalina can immediately fire the next attack after confirming a miss as long as they have magical energy left.
- Kitsune Slash (狐スラッシュ, Kitsune Surasshu): Kitsune Slash is a sword technique which is most notable for it's quick execution; almost as fast as the speed of lightning. When using it, Kalina quickly gathers her magical energy within her feet and leaps up, expelling the magical energy as a sort of boost, flying quickly upwards with her blade extended out horizontally beneath the enemy. Kitsune Slash is best used point blank if it's meant to be used as an attack, since there is a greater chance of hitting the target with the edge of the blade. Kalina can adjust her trajectory anywhere from directly upward to a 45 degree diagonal on either side, at the expense of some vertical distance.
- Heaven-Shaking Slash (動天斬, Dōtenzan): The Heaven-Shaking Slash lives up to its name quite clearly; its a slash so powerful everything trembles in its wake. Unlike several Sword Magic spells, it can be utilized with any sword so long as Kalina is capable of manifesting the required energy to make use of it properly. The Heaven-Shaking Slash works by concentrating an excess of magical power into one's blade, creating surges of magical energy leaking out of the medium which the spell is being used from. From therein, Kalina makes a slash, generally vertical, against the opponent in question. The slash builds up an extraordinary amount of momentum from the movement that goes behind it, therefore releasing destructive shockwaves of kinetic energy which can slice through inanimate objects such as trees and even steel with some effort. While the spell is very powerful and effective, inappropriate use can easily lead to fatigue and unwanted destruction of the surrounding environment.
Hand to Hand Combat: Coupled with the teaching of weapon-based combat, an Inari member is taught the basics in three styles of hand to hand combat. By the time their training ends, they possess remarkable prowess in the use of such art, being able to use it to great extent, and to take on more than one opponent at the same time. Some of them, while not employing hand-to-hand combat as the main element of their fighting style, are shown capable of holding their own against masters of such discipline. The Inari's are taught at a later time to incorporate their Lightning Magic into such fighting styles to add speed and power to such moves. Kalina is a highly skilled combatant, trained to such a degree that she's capable of engaging with opponents much larger than herself. Her style of combat is heavily influence by her sister, her consistent sparring partner growing up, she relies on a combination of stealth tactics, deception and quick strikes. She's an experienced fighter specializing in pressure points and vital areas first to maximize the damage she can inflict. This allows her to drop physically stronger and more durable opponents by focusing on those points with her attacks. Kalina also employs long distance fighting that takes advantage of her speed, agility and magic. This allows her to remain at a safe distance when fighting to minimize her own damage.
- Capoeira: Taking advantage of the speed that comes along with Lightning Magic, the Inari Family has focused on incorporating this into the historical martial arts style of Capoeira. Being a fast and versatile martial art, this style emphasizes using the lower body to kick, sweep and take down an opponent, while the upper body is used assist those movements and occasionally attack as well.The series of complex positions creates an uninterrupted flow, in order to strike, dodge and move without breaking motion, giving it the characteristics of unpredictability and versatility.The defense is based on the principle of non-resistance, meaning avoiding an attack using evasive moves instead of blocking it. This fighting strategy allows quick and unpredictable counterattacks, giving the mage with the fastest reflexes the upper hand.
- Aiki-jūjutsu: One of the other main form of martial arts practiced at the Inari Family residence. Like other forms of jujutsu, it emphasizes throwing techniques and joint manipulations to effectively subdue or injure an opponent. With rather quick reflexes and movements, an Inari is able to blend her defensive and offensive strike to fluidly neutralize an attack's effectiveness and to use the force of the attacker's movement against him. Some of the art's striking methods employ the swinging of the outstretched arms to create power and to hit with the fists at deceptive angles, this can easily level an opponent by striking vital points. This way an Inari is free to use their knee to pin their opponent, while leaving their hands free to access weapons or to deal with the threat of other opponents. When combined with Capoeira, an Inari can be highly lethal when subduing an opponent by alternating between the swift kicks of Capoeira and the damaging blows done by Aiki-jujutsu.
- Ki no Michi (木の道, Ki no Michi lit. "The Way of the Tree") is a martial arts style created by the monks of the Minstrel Mountains. It is said that the monks created it to be an integration of their martial arts practices and the personal expression of their philosophy to "live like that of a tree. Staying sturdy with deep roots, even in the face of a growing storm or scorching sun." This fast paced, flexible style of martial arts focuses on neutralizing an attack early on or using the users momentum and predicted trajectory to dodge said attack for a counter. It emphasizes a majority of throwing techniques and joint manipulations, although the use of a mages Ki, later realized to be ethernano, is of great importance when delivering an effective block or counter. Also of particular importance is the timing of a defensive technique, either to blend or to neutralize an attack's effectiveness and to use the force of the attacker's movement against him. This means that a mage must be of fast body and mind in order to read an opponents intentions and movements in order to effectively block.
- God Cedar Cranial Descent (神杉頭蓋降下, Kamisugi Tōgai Kōka): Working best as in immediate counter move to follow an opponent's momentum, however, this move does require a great deal of strength to aid in the execution. As an opponent comes in for an attack, the mage will target the leading foot and scoop one the opponents thighs with their free hand. Using the opponents momentum to aid in their ascension, the mage will lift their opponent upside down so that their head is the closest point of contact to the earth. The mage will then proceed to drop to their side or back, driving the opponent into the earth on their neck and shoulders, or on the top of their head. If executed properly this move will follow one fluid motion and can leave the opponent with severe dizziness, a concussion, cracked cranium, paralysis, or even death if the opponent happens to land in such a way.
- Great Banyan Dance (大きなガジュマルの踊り, Ōkina Gajumaru no Dansu): Beginning with an ethernano pulse from a low rise kick to the opponent's sternum, a mage is effectively knocked up into the air. Afterwards, the practitioner's moves will differ based on the opening they see. They will typically swivel gracefully to land a kick to the left side of their opponent. This will shift the opponents center of gravity on their fall to cause them fall on their side. On the opponents decent, a backhand strike to the face will shift the opponent's body to be parallel with the ground. It finishes with a ethernano infused punch to the gut upon the opponents impact with the ground. This final blow has been seen to break ribs, and never fails to knock the wind straight out of their lungs. Mages have been seen infusing their own magic into the hits to make this dance much more lethal and powerful.
- Jaya Sri Maha Kick (ジャヤスリマハキック, Jayasurimahakikku): Once the practitioner is able to see an opening, they focus a great deal of ethernano into their leg for power, while also maintaining their center of balance and delivers a kick at the opponent's weak spot. The only major weakness of this technique is that Kalina has to focus a great deal of ethernano into their legs, forcing them to lower the power given to their arms; this can be covered by an X guarded stance, or use the free leg to block as well. With the swiftness and power concentrated into the leg, this is easily break bones if an opponent holds no defensive protection. This is also a versatile skill that can be used to launch a practitioner into the air with a vertical distance of 45 feet.
- Jōmon Sugi Thrust (縄文杉の推力, Jōmon Sugi no Suiryoku): This technique begins with an open palm uppercut to the opponent's chin at close range. Once the hand is placed against the opponent's chin, the free hand is then used to strike the connected elbow. The force created from both hands is now behind a single point that's in contact with the opponent's chin. Since the hand is already in contact with the opponent's chin, they won't be able to evade the second hit. This is a skillful move to evade a grasp, as your opponent is within range and would not be able to stand the backward force to their spinal column without releasing their hold.
- Chankiri Revenge (チャンキリ復讐, Chankiri Fukushū): With one arm cocked back, and the other extended forward, the practioner throws a punch from the drawn-arrow stance. The mage delivers an swift punch forward to the chest, using a pulse of ethernano to knock the wind out of the chest. A swift turn of the hips will send the other hand to dig into the heart with wrist bent and elbow facing downward. The end result can lead to cardiac arrest from blunt trauma to the heart. This move does take a great skill of precision to deliver the second blow through the spacing of the ribs.So a mage must practice on a multitude of targets before delivering such a fatal blow.
- Kannimara Chord Cut (カニマラコードカット, Kanimara Kōdokatto): while in a fighting stance, the lead fist is thrown straight ahead and the arm is fully extended. With fingers extended outward, Kalina covers their hand in a coat of ethernano; at the moment of impact, the pronated hand is generally held in a horizontal orientation with the palm facing the ground. The power of this attack comes from it's ability to cut the vessels of it's opponent when executed with enough force. Using two fingers can cut off blood flow until the pressure is released, three can cause severe bruising, four fingers can cut superficial nerves and vessels, and 5 finger can damage muscle fibers.
- Tembusu Mania Blitz (テンブスブリッツマニア, Tenbusu Burittsumania): This strike follows a downward push of the target's own strike by applying fierce pressure to the joint's of the target's striking limb and causing it to lose it's consecutive momentum. Afterwards, fighter had to stiff his body to it's utmost limits on the moment of impact. When the practitioner uses it at the right moment in a strike, all of his joints will be fixed. Although difficult, if done correctly,they will strike with the weight of their whole body. When the strike is covered in ethernano, and comes in contact with the water that makes up the human body, it sends a shock wave through the body that can temporarily paralyze the target.
High Pain Tolerance and Heightened Sensation: The Inari bloodline show excessively high pain tolerance, with markedly decreased endogenous concentrations of nociceptin (pain-activating neurotransmitter) and extraordinarily high levels of enkephalin and anandamide (natural biologically-occurring pain relievers), which both serve to decrease pain reception. Furthermore, their thalamus show super-threshold afferent and efferent innervation, especially to the eye, ear, nose, and somatosensors, thus increasing the ability of their central nervous system to receive and integrate external sensory stimuli. This increased perception time, in combination with their heightened impulse speed, has given them a reaction time of 0.047; a time twice that of the average human.
Enhanced Hearing: In humans, sound waves funnel into the ear via the external ear canal and reach the tympanic membrane; the compression and rarefaction of these waves setting this thin membrane in motion, causing a cascade of vibrations through the bones of the inner ear and the basilar fluid in the cochlea. These hairs line the cochlea from base to apex, called stereocilia, are stimulated by sound waves, and the intensity of it, to give an indication of the nature of the sound for the brain. The commonly stated range of human hearing is 20 Hz to 20 kHz. But the influence of Sound Magic alters the physiology and anatomy of the cochlea, allowing a mage to hear as low as 12 Hz with an extended upper range of 28 kHz due to modified and multiplied stereocilia. This upper of 28 kHz is similar to that of a cat’s acute hearing, which allows Kalina to register ultrasound; something cats are assumed to use in hunting to track the ultrasound emissions of rodents. This is particularly useful in echolocation, as she can send out a pulse of ultrasound and register the distance of particular objects. This also prevents the reverse from happening, as she will be able to hear if any enemy is attempting to use sonar to locate her, although she will not be able to tell the direction of its epicenter. But can emit the same frequency sound to help hide her location for the enemy’s sonar.
Immense Speed: Kalina's speed is considered to be astonishing, being able to outrun even the fastest individuals; even those who have High Speed Magic. Her movements has shown to be immensely fast, befitting her small size and dainty build. Many fighters who are known for their speed pale in comparison to Kalina's own, due to the fact that her incorporation of sound and lightning magic into her movements to increase her speed to insurmountable levels. Her leg strength is an obvious factor for her speed, which also stresses a heavy emphasis on footwork learned from the training of her family. Because she's smaller than most of her opponents, she can be flexible at times, using her speed in order to get into the enemy's blind spots and attack accordingly, launching a flurry of perfected and unforeseeable amount of attacks. She is stated to move at a speed which nears breaking the sound barrier, and she often augments her physical blows by the velocity at which she is moving at with the enhancement of her two magic abilities. The secret to her speed lies in the subtle manipulation of her magical power, redirecting it towards specific body parts to conserve energy and bolster her speed exponentially.
Acrobatic Skills: Kalina can perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts with ease, having trained from a young age in gymnastics to aid in her fighting. This makes Kalina is extraordinarily limber and her tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, making feats such as flips and springs as easy as breathing. She has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most skilled acrobats and easily incorporates this into her fighting style, using her speed to also aid in these moves. She has impressive personal strength, albeit not enough to make her a formidable fighter without magic, and phenomenal equilibrium, making her one of the most lethal combatants; as accomplishing feats such as scaling a wall, evading trip wires, and leaping from roof support beams is easily accomplished with little to no discomfort. Some say she is as graceful as a dancer while moving, and even able to shift her weight in a way that makes her steps almost weightless and soundless.
High Durability and Endurance: Kalina is quite capable of absorbing a multitude of attacks with no signs of distress. As a pro to her enormous amount of magical energy, Kalina is more than able to continue on in any situation with no apparent signs of fatigue, firing off spells and setting up combinations to give her the upper hand. Even from heavy assaults, Kalina consistently managed to endure them all, standing again and again with no worry over her harmful injuries. A lot of this comes from her skillful manipulation of her ethernano that she will shift to help cushion attacks and protect herself. This skill is incredibly useful as Kalina is able to resist a barrage of spells with little no trouble and only come out with a few scratches. Despite receiving damage, Kalina is always fighting to get back up and continue in her battle, showing her astonishing endurance which is fueled by her immense willpower.
High Intelligence/Tactical Ability: She is capable of performing a calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and even deducing an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. Kalina is also very perceptive and analytical young woman, easily being able to analyze an opponent's power and attack patterns to ultimately make them useless against her with due time.
Raitaro: Named after the legend of Raitaro, this blade aptly deserves to be the embodiment of this "Thunder Child". As the legend goes, when Raitaro reached the age of 18, Raitaro turned into a white dragon and flew away to leave the earthly desires behind; a trait that takes the form of the white tsuka-ito and fuchi-kashira. The tsuba has the decoration of this white dragon, giving the blade a sense of elegant ferocity, alongside its long white ribbon and bell that is attached to the fuchi-kashira. This bell serves a purpose is that the emitted from it is actually a hallucinagenic spell that will dull the senses and cloud the vision of Kalina’s opponent. The ribbon is also there for more the just decoration, although her blade has been called the most beautiful of katanas. This ribbon can be used as both distraction and a means to lengthen the reach of Kalina’s strikes, as she can throw her blade and quickly retract it back through manipulation of the ribbon. The blade itself is a full tang sword is made from high grade AISI 5160 steel, giving it a tough, durable, and corrosive resistant profile. It has been carefully heat treated to give it the maximum toughness, while staying true to it's 'spring steel' name and allowing superior flexibility in the blade to be able to absorb impacts. It is shaped with a hira niku blade design, or apple seed geometry, to give the blade durability against heavy targets, while still maintaining its sharpness.
- Kinetic Absorption: During impact the blade is able to take the kinetic energy transferred by the molecules and store it within the special coating on the blade. Although unnoticeable to the human eye, Kalina’s blade actually has a thicker coating of Kinesium at two points in his blade to better store the energy where it occurs most naturally. The first point of thickness rests at the vibrational node, located near the tip of the blade, because this is one of the fundamental flexural vibration zones within a sword that typically vibrates during a strike. The second is located near the hilt of the blade to absorb radiant percussive energy that would generally travel down the blade and cause a slight stinging of the hands. Because of this feature Kalina feels little to no sting when hitting rather tough substances. This feature can also serve as an offensive tool as well, as the kinetic energy stored within the blade can be expelled by sending a pulse of ethernano with enough speed to separate the molecules within the coating and release the kinetic energy stored within. This feature is actually it’s greatest downfall, as this ability only relates to attacks with solid kinetic force, such as bullets, blades, physical hits, and other projectiles; this ability does not work with magical constructs, as the eternano present within the attack will disturb the seal of the coating and make the blade unable to store the energy.
- Alloy Refinement: Using the kinetic energy absorbed through the blade, instead of sending it back as an attack or dissipating it, this energy can be transferred to the metallic molecules of the sword to act as a 'repair' of sorts. By using the energy to shift the molecules on the edge of the blade, the sword is able to alter its shape to prevent dullness from problems such as abrasion, rolled edge, flatted edge, chipped edge, and corrosion. This leaves the blade with a keen, sharp point and allows Kalina to always cleave her target with a swift strike.
- Transformation:A blade remenicient of another world, this katana has the ability to transform shape to perform a series of ethernano based attacks. Requiring a special incantation and small output of ethernano, the transformation can begin. Once she completes the incantation, she grasps Raitaro with two hands. The blade then transforms as she pulls apart, and begins to form two blades of a unique shape. As the blades peel apart, the white ribbon at the end of the fuchi-kashira lengthens and connects the two blades, square crystal charms falling down on it, until there are five lacrima hanging along the ribbon. The blade is now somewhat thinner than its unawakened form, and the tsuba now extends a little bit up the blade. A unique design takes over as a second blade juts out from the inside of the main blade and extends back towards the hilt, running parallel to the main blade. The cutting edge of the second blade faces inward instead of outward allowing Kalina to twist and pull downwards for a saw-like effect to severe a limb or attack that gets too close.
- Dokuritsu Shimashita (独立しました, Dokuritsu Shimashita lit. Separate): Her blade has the ability to absorb an opponent's energy attack through the left sword and direct it through the connecting ribbon, where the five lacrima on the ribbon increase the attack's speed and pressure; morphing the ethernano into a more powerful version of itself. It then reverses the attack's original course by firing the same attack from the right sword at full force, making it much more difficult for the opponent to dodge. The entire process occurs so fast that the attack looks as though it originates from Kalina. The downfall in this is that it is unable to handle another attack within a five second window, giving a multi-faceted attack a chance to harm her. But Kalina typically overcomes this by sending the first wave of attacks back at the second, cancelling out the two, and allowing her enough time to create a stronger counter measure. This is also only for pure ethernano constructs, including those of "fluid" elemental attacks. This means that objects such as naturally available steel and rock will not be able to be fully absorbed, although the ethernano from their manipulation will be taken in and fired back out to stop the organic construct from continuing its path. But say a steel projectile was made entirely out of ethernano, this rule would not apply as there is no organic material in it, only magic.
Throwing Knives: Held in the INDO ring on her right ring finger is a collection of magically treated throwing knives. Each knife is made from a single piece 420 stainless steel and measures 12-1/8-Inch overall in length. They have an ergonomically designed handle to maximize grip for throwing, as well as to help Kalina naturally grip the knife in the proper fashion for maximum accuracy and consistency in throwing. Though it is metal they have each been treated with Nullification Magic that gives them a twofold benefit. One being that their construct cannot be manipulated by any magical ability, as their ferrous construct is protected from the likes of ferrokinesis and telekinesis through the protective layer of nullification magic. The second is that it can pass through substances that derive their being from ethernano; meaning the likes of barriers that do not incorporate natural substances into its construct are useless. This is not foolproof however, as a mage whose power surpasses that of the nullification spell will still be able to block or manipulate the knives as they please. This can be seen when Kalina and her guildmates went up against the Elemental Ryota Kaneko. His monstrous ethernano reserve and prowess in Metal Magic allowed him to use his ferrokinesis to easily push the knives aside when aimed at his head.
INDO Technology: This comes in the form of a robalon plastic ring that serves as a means for Kalina to store her most prized weapons that she can call upon without expending as much ethernano that is required for a Summoning Spell. This modified ring uses INDO Technology to store it's weapons, although as opposed to the limited single item storage of a typical INDO Tag, Kalina has the ability to store 4 different items within their own pocket dimensions. With the biometric scanner placed on the four cardinal directions of the band, Kalina is able to send a pulse of ethernano on a given sensor to bring forth one of her weapons. The unique Azimuth Code associated with her biometric data and magical signature ensures that, should her ring fall into the wrong hands, her weapons will not be able to be summoned. The unique plastic construct also prevents it from being taken via ferrokinesis, as well as prevents it from being damaged during the sonic pulse frequency used for a variety of steels.
Sonokinetic Utility Gauntlets: This is actually a two part gauntlet is actually made up of a lined kevlar long glove with a non-ferrous metallic exterior. The main material of these gauntlets makes them lightweight and protective, being composed of interwoven nylon and aramid-based fibers coated with heat and energy reflective film. This offers good resistance to abrasion, nonconductive base, no melting point, and low flammability. The outer Kinesium components actually house a complex ethernano integration system. The gauntlets have a "resting state" and an "activate state" which will allow the ethernano to vent out and form into Kalina's desired spell, or if the ethernano will go through a complex exchange process where it will be converted into kinetic energy to be stored inside the metal of the gauntlet to be released in an explosive wave of energy when Kalina carries her arm forward with enough momentum. When it goes into "active" mode, a metal plate will slide to close off the ethernano vents and a metallic piece will slide forward to protect the knuckles during her punches. The downside of this is she is no longer able to activate her INDO rings when the metal plate is down, but she makes up for this downfall by having the capability of demolishing the side of a building with a hit of this kinetic punch. She is however, able to activate a hidden blade within the gauntlet to give her an added surprise when fighting.