- "The Star's bring the memories of the past"
- — Phantom
Princess (姫, Hime; by Virgo, Coco and Earth Land Coco)
July 1, X767
Lucy Heartfilia (ルーシィ・ハートフィリア, Rūshi Hātofiria) Is an independent mage that has been traveling around the Earthlands in search of her former teamate, Natsu Dragneel who disappeared for a full year after the two had an encounter with a Unknown Beast that attacked them. Originally Lucy was part of the Hearfilia family, but after leaving home and joining Fairy Tail, she began to become more adventurous with her group of friends. After losing her friend, Lucy left the guild to find him, training along the way in order to better herself to make sure she would never be powerless again, and with her new found strength, many began to call her The Celestial Empress(天の帝, Amenomikado), showing that her incredible training methods shown incredible results at the end.
AppearanceLucy is an beautiful growing girl who is soon to be blossoming into a young woman. Just like her former guildmates, she is seen as one of the many beauties that come from Fairy Tail. She is said to be very cute, having an adorable smile on her face at most times, drawing people towards her and even gaining her own set of admirers, much to Natsu's hidden anger. She has a curvaceous body, said to be on par with, if not greater, to that of Erza Scarlet's, one of former guildmates. A feature that most people notice is that Lucy has an ample bosom, often being exposed somewhat through her clothing. It is said that her measurements regarding her bust is 91 cm, although it was later revealed that it was actually two centimeters less. Lucy, while not being the tallest, still is quite tall in her own right. Being 174 centimeters, she actually stands at 5 feet and 7 inches, barely reaching said height. Her hair is very beautiful, being a shining blonde and is shoulder length, which is usually tied by ribbons in a variety of colors in a small ponytail to the right side of her head with the rest of the hair loose. However, after reawakening in the year X791, she appears to keep her hair up more often in pigtails. Her eyes are a glimmering brown, showing that Lucy has great ambition and determination.
While not being a part of Fairy Tail anymore, she still keeps her stamp. Her stamp is pink in color and is located on the back of her hand, showing her pride in being a Mage of Fairy Tail.
PersonalityLucy takes exceptional pride in her appearance and is very confident in her sex appeal, often exuding a certain amount of vanity. Despite this superficial attitude, she is a clever, kind, and genuinely caring person. Lucy is passionate for literature and is in the process of writing her own novel about her adventures with Fairy Tail. Aside from her interest in writing and reading prose, she also likes shopping, cooking and assertive men. Her favorite colors are blue and pink. She is a member of the Heartfilia family, once one of the wealthiest and most influential conglomerate families in the country of Fiore. However, due to her estranged relationship with her father and the death of her mother, Layla Heartfilia, she left home to follow her own path, which displays an ambition for independence. Lucy is very kind to her Celestial Spirits, and refuses to utilize them as shields. She fights alongside her Spirits and treats them as people, unlike several other Celestial Spirit Mages, who view them as mere tools and objects. Lucy will also go to great lengths to give them happiness, even at the cost of her life. Despite technically being an owner of the spirits, she refuses to be addressed as such, and instead prefers to be called their friend. Although, Lucy is, in most cases, cowardly, she has no problems with fighting and would happily stand up to danger, even if she ends up getting hurt, for her friends and guild. While her powers are normally not as overwhelming as her teammates', Lucy has proven to be a capable combatant herself, often using her cleverness to her advantage, and thinking outside the box during battle. She has eventually inherited Natsu's stubbornness and refusal to give up, even when all the odds are against her favor.
Lucy usually freaks out at her guildmate's antics. Unlike her friends, she does not get very excited about fighting. However, she does admit that being around her guildmates is really fun. Being a Celestial Mage, Lucy always keeps her promises. She gives her all for the sake of her guild and friends.Since the day that she was attacked by one of the most destructive creatures to ever exist, The Death Watch, Lucy began to take a good long look at herself, and realized that all the time she ever spent with Team Natsu, was mostly spent as a back-up whenever things seemed to be going bad for her, in her mind, the one person that cared about her most was taken from her while she was powerless to fight back. Driven by new resolve, Lucy began taking time for herself to begin learning from Capricorn how to become much more stronger with her magics and become better as a mage, wanting to honor Natsu. Since then, she has become much more determined about how she showed herself, instead of focusing so much on herself.
Note: To see the canon history of Lucy Heartfilia please refer to this link
EquipmentCelestial Spirit Gate Keys(星霊関鍵, Seirei Sekikagi) are Magic Items used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon Celestial Spirits from the Celestial . Celestial Spirit Gate Keys are Magical keys that can be used to summon Celestial Spirits, beings from another dimension that can be used to fight their contractor's opponents, to do chores or just to hang around with. There are two different types of Celestial Spirit Gate Keys: the Silver Keys and the Gold Keys. The Silver Keys are common keys that can be bought from stores while the Gold Keys are very rare keys that can be used to summon the Zodiac Spirits. According to Yukino, it is said that when all twelve Zodiac Keys are gathered, one is able to "open the gate to changing the world". It has been seen before that Lucy was originally in possession of 15 keys: 10 Golden Keys and 5 silver keys that she acquired during her time in fairy tail. However, after realizing what she went through, Lucy thought it best to leave 4 of her silver keys with the master, taking all her golden and one silver that is able to track down Natsu's magical energy, but since her travel, she was able to obtain another silver key that once belonged to her former foe, Angel who she defeated, and was given the key as a trophy for her new developed powers.
Magic & Abilities
Way of Combat
Master Whip Specialist: During her days traveling alone, Lucy began to pick up training with a person who called themselves, The Whip Expert, recognizing him as Capricorn who tested Lucy's ability with a whip, and realized there was room for improvement as he began to teach her the proper way to use one instead of just going with blind instinct. He began teaching her the proper forms and grips, using different examples of targets in order to advance her level of aim when she uses it, and began to teach her how to fully harness her Fleuve d'étoiles, where she learned to use it in a more effective manner, allowing her to not only be able to manipulate the tip of it when she needs to, but also modulate it whenever it becomes a liquid form as she swings it. With her training, Lucy began to show a mastery of the whip, able to hit long distances without even losing any of the force behind it, and has learned how to use it in other means, an example shown when she is able to actually swing using her whip by making it retract when it grips onto a sturdy and solid object, and extend when she uses her momentum to push herself forward to swing to another area that she can latch onto. With this training, it has also been shown that Lucy was able to create different attacks with her whip, making her a true master of it.
- Latch Seekers(ラッチシーカー, Racchi Shīkā): Is a technique that Lucy developed with her specialized whip, which allows her to focus her Eternano energy through her whip, sending out energy orb spikes that latch on to an opponent, and after a few minutes, explode as they deal powerful Eternano pins that hit the opponent before they disappear as they leave behind incredible damage done to them. While the technique shows itself to be a very incredible move, there are certain risks to adhere to as the user must be careful when and how far they throw them, due to the fact that if they latch onto anything, they will become stuck, and unable to be broken free until the detonation happens, and hits the person whether or not they are an enemy.
- Aurora Downfall(極光瓦解, Kyokkōgaki): is the second technique that Lucy had developed when she was still in her training days with her spirit, Capricorn, showing her how to use her powers better. To use this technique, Lucy must focus on manipulating her whip to glow brightly as she beings to channel her Eternano through the aura that she is producing, creating a ball of light that appears at the tip of her whip, which then is shot upward into the air by her as it explodes, showing a rainbow aurora that shines into the sky. However, the true power of this spell is what happens after the aura comes out, which shows to be a shower of rainbow rain of sorts, which actually turns out to be a rain of energy that pours down as it attacks everything under it's path. The energy beats down everything it showers on, dealing incredible damage to the objects. The more bright the aura shows itself in the sky, the more Eternano is collected through it, building up the rain from slight drizzle to a mansoon that can break apart a large bolder with ease. Despite this techniques incredible force and power, there are some weakness to it, the first being that the aura must be able to shine brighter than anything other form of light, otherwise it will disappear due to another source of light. Another weakness to this is that it does not discriminate from friend or for, anything in it's path will take damage when the energy rain falls down on back to the ground.
- Cosmic Ring(宇宙輪, Uchūwa): Is a technique that Lucy developed after she finished her official training with Capricorn and left on her mission to find and bring home her former teammate, Natsu after an incident. During her time training with her whip, Lucy recognized that with the proper flow of energy and control of it's form, it can absorb Eternano from the air while manipulating it depending on Lucy's control. This spell revolves around her spinning the whip in a circular motion, either next to her or in front of her depending on how she wants to use the effect, as the spinning creates an energy circle that is controlled by the whip. If Lucy spins it at her side and thrusts forward, the energy ring can hit the opponent with a powerful force as the spinning continues to hit them more and more until the energy disburses. When she spins it in front of her, the Eternano produces a powerful barrier of sorts with the ring as it can block against powerful attacks the faster she spins it. However, despite the impressive feats this technique can do, the only way for Lucy to complete either of the styles is to spin at great speeds, making it difficult for Lucy's hand and her control if she keeps up the spinning too long.
Proficient Hand-to-Hand Combatant: While not as proficient as the other members of Team Natsu, Lucy possesses some skill in melee combat. In addition, while never relying on punches, likely due to her limited physical strength, Lucy possesses some kicking prowess, as seen during the Phantom Lord arc, she was able to send Reedus flying with a simple kick despite him being much larger than she is, being shown employing kicks in both comedic and real battle situations. After the incident with Natsu, Lucy began to get more serious with her whip, but also took hand-to-hand combat with the help of both Capricorn and Leo, she has showed to be able to block against strong attacks and counter them if the need arises, but her more focused combat has to do with using the opponents force against them, and allowing her to easily counter their moves if they ever got past her spirits and whips.
Heightened Reflexes: Although Lucy wasn't shown to be a very powerful combat warrior, Capricorn knew that she would eventually face those that could get beyond her ranged attacks with her Celestial Spirits, and attempt to attack her at close range without anything to protect her. During her training, he had it where the other spirits would attempt to attack her time and time again, attempting to make her increase in her reflexes in different ways, using her muscle memory to drill it into her body. The more she practiced, the more her body became able to rely on being able to evade attacks much more easily than she could before, especially when she gets into close combat altercations as she is able to easily outmaneuver opponents, especially those who rely on pure strength in a fight. After finishing her training and beginning to go on her travel, Lucy's reflexes show to generally increase with each new opponent that she fights and defeats, making her gain the new experience that often increases her reflexes much more than when she was training, even being able to dodge attacks from a standard S-class mage without even getting a single hair out of place.
- Extraordinary Acrobatics: Thanks to her nimbleness, Lucy is regarded as a very flexible person, which she can then use to preform acrobatics. She is able to bend at incredible degrees, that when coupled with her speed and reflexes will make Lucy a hard opponent for a person to battle. This can be seen in multiple battles, as Lucy has been able to maneuver her way around attacks, though sometimes in a comical manner, avoiding harm that would befall onto her. Lucy is also able to use her acrobatics to enhance her combat abilities, making up for her lack of strength. As stated on how she will dodge out of the way of attacks, she can do this and then preform a counter attack striking the opponent in an open area, dealing some damage. Lucy has been looking for new ways to integrate this skill into her fighting style more, as a way to make her a deadly foe for whoever crosses her path.
High Durability: after recognizing that she is able to take a beating to a lesser extent, Capricorn began training her how to manipulate her Eternano to create a form of secondary skin that could act like armor at times. The more times she put on the layer and took attacks from her other spirits, the more she instinctively learned how to better adjust it and making it much more durable to take on multiple forms of attacks at once, especially ones that come up to her at close range. She was shown to be able to take on Angel much easier than her previous encounter as her new durability was much more powerful since her training days. After reuniting with Natsu, he began teaching her his more powerful ways of manipulating ones Eternano, resulting in her durability increasing way more than she ever imagined, making her almost as strong to take on hits as Natsu is.
Keen Intellect: Despite the stereotype of beauty, Lucy has shown to be able to understand very complicated details and information, which was shown on some of the past missions she went on and after figuring out the clues to finding the clues to the location of the Guild Masters grave during her time in the S-class trials. During her time training, Lucy began to become more open minded to Capricorn's training methods, understanding them more at an intellectual level as she showed herself to gain the concept of what he was trying to show. Her intellect grew more as she began developing new techniques that she was able to use when she was in combination with her own celestial spirits during her cross fuse with them. After reuniting with Natsu, she became the brains of their group, always trying to solve different kinds of problems that would encounter on their journey together.
High Speed: Even though Lucy kept in good shape, it had not been know how fast she actually was whenever it came to her fighting or whenever she found herself in a situation. After her initial showing of her skills with Capricorn, it was shown that she possessed the average speed of a normal human, meaning she hadn't taken any time to train her legs to be able to move much more faster with them enhanced by magic. When he was teaching Lucy how to better control her abilities and strengths, Lucy was often forced to do running sprints multiple times to first increase her leg strength in order to better withstand long periods. He had her pitted against her spirits in running competitions, all of which had her manipulating her Eternano around her legs to allow her to be able to move much more quickly than she would running with her own strength. Eventually after her training was finished, Lucy was shown to have improved much more greatly as she is able to keep up with even Virgo as she digs underground, and can often use this speed to help her dodging against fast opponents.
Immense Magical Energy: Back during the days after she had joined Fairy Tail, Lucy showed to normally have less than perfect control and power when it came to her own magic, somehow finding inner strength at times whenever any of her guildmates were in danger. Anytime someone she cared for deeply was in danger, her magic seemed to have advance further than what her own body was capable of producing, making it difficult for her to focus whenever she fought one-on-one against another mage. Capricorn recognized that Lucy was too timid in attempting to release her full magic energy, but recognized Lucy had forgo her timid nature, wanting to get stronger in order to rescue and get her friend back from the beasts that took him away from her. With the fear now gone, Lucy was able to produce and manipulate much more energy than she originally thought, thanks to Capricorn's training, her manipulation of it greatly improved as well, allowing her to do much more than she did before. After finishing her training and locating Natsu, she began learning from him the ways of manipulating her Eternano to a degree she never thought possible, actually gaining an ability to give more energy to her own spirits, and allowing them to take on new appearances whenever she summons them through the gates, giving them an increase in strength and power. With her new found power, she has been shown to be able to use much more energy when she needs to, even going as far as being able to perform it much more easier, an example of which includes her Urano Metria, a spell she couldn't pull off by herself, and is able to use it in different ways plus more than once if the need arises.
Celestial Spirit Magic(星霊魔法, Seirei Mahō) Is a Holder Magic said to have been created since the days of the first mages, which grant any who wield them the ability to create contracts and summon the beings of the Celestial Spirit World who are known as the Celestial Spirits, each of which have a unique ability that they can use when they are summoned to the Earthlands. In order for this magic to be able to be used, each mage must grab hold of a special key known as the Celestial Spirit Gate Keys, each of which is connected with one of the constellations of the Earthland, and in term allows for the gateway of the Celestial Spirit World to be open to allow spirits to enter the Earthlands. After the spirit enters the user's world, in order to allow for a permanent access to the spirit's power, the user must make a contract with said user to allow for special circumstances, agreements, and any kind of deal that must be made so both user and spirit can work together properly. It has been shown by Lucy, who is completely devoted to her celestial spirits as if they were her own family, that if a contract between spirit and user goes through true bonds, then said user is actually able to amplify the spirit's own power with their own Eternano, resulting in newer appearances and increased abilities. It has also been seen that there are sacred spells hidden within the magic, only unlockable if every spirit in the possession of the user has the same feelings of admiration as the user does, and all collect together to create a unified contract, passing on the knowledge of the hidden spells to the user. A trick Lucy figured out when she was training with Capricorn was before she would unlock the gate of the key, she would add her own Eternano energy, adding special attributes to the keys depending on the key's own attribute. However, despite the incredible uses that each key can bring, there are certain risks when someone uses this magic. The first being is that the duration of a spirits stay in the user's world depends on how long the user's magic can last while they are in there, meaning if a spirit is shown to leave and not return back into the Earthland, the user will not be able to summon anymore than the spirits that are already out and about. The second risk to this is that the spirits can often decide whether or not they wish to stay during a battle, meaning if any one of them suddenly leave, it will leave the user at a disadvantage against a powerful enemy.
- Gate of the Water Bearer Key(水使いの鍵, Suitsukai no Kagi): The Gate of the Water Bearer Key is one of the twelve Zodiac Gate keys used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Water Bearer, Aquarius. The key is depicted to be an ordinary golden key that is designed similar to that of an upside down urn with two handles on either side. The center of the bow is white, stamped with the crest of the Water Bearer, colored in blue, with a heart on its base. The blade of the key is designed similar to that of a mermaid tail, with "fins" sprouting out of either side of the base of the bow, and four more at the tip, curling towards the center. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Water Bearer Aquarius by reciting the quote, "Open the Gate of the Water Bearer! Aquarius!", preferably near a body of water. This summons Aquarius who is able to use her Water Magic to send opponents flying with a gigantic wave. When Lucy activates her Celestial Cross Fuse spell with Aquarius, Lucy shows to inherit her appearance in terms of clothing, and shows herself to gain scales on the lowerhalf of her body, allowing her to merge them together into a mermaid tail whenever she submerges herself into the water. It is also seen that when Lucy adds her own Magical energy to the key when summoning Aquarius, her appearance changes as Aquarius's hair style becomes similar to Lucy's, her pot changes in appearance, and she then gains new special armor that covers her tail, arms, and chest that allows for much more better protection against attacks, especially those of her opposite element.
- Gate of the Archer Key(射手の鍵, Ite no Kagi): The Gate of the Archer Key is one of the twelve Zodiac Gate keys used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Archer, Sagittarius. In the Manga, the key is depicted to be an ordinary golden key with the crest of the Archer, an arrow crossed with a line near the triangular tail, stamped on its bow. The bow of the key is circular with a white circle in the middle, stamped with the crest of the Archer, colored in green while the handle and blade are designed to look like an arrow. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Archer Sagittarius by reciting the quote, "Open the Gate of the Archer! Sagittarius!". This summons Sagittarius, a man wearing a horse suit, carrying a bow with a quiver of arrows strapped on his back. When Lucy initiates the Celestial Cross Fuse spell, her body changes quite drastically as her lower-half becomes that of horse-legs, making Lucy show the appearance of a centaur, except without the horse head like Sagittarius, and shows to have remarkable talent with the bow and arrow weapon, showing to be able to actually augment it with her own Eternano, hardening it to be twice as strong and twice as fast. When Lucy adds her own Eternano energy into the key before using it, Sagittarius's appearance changes as he gains a much larger bow in hand, while the top half of his body shows to become covered in armor, allowing him to become more durable, and can charge at anyone with higher speed than usual to shoot at targets much more easily.
- Gate of the Giant Crab Key(大蟹の鍵, Daikani no Kagi): The Gate of the Giant Crab Key is one of the twelve Zodiac Gate keys used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Giant Crab, Cancer. In the Manga, the key is depicted to be an ordinary golden key with the crest of the Giant Crab, a symbol similar to the number 69, stamped on its bow. Similar to the other keys, the center of the bow is white, stamped with the crest of the Giant Crab, colored in maroon, and two spikes sprouting from each side. The base of the bow is sculpted similar to that of the head of a crab while the top is that of a crab's pincer. The blade of the key ends with a crab shaped design, with four legs sprouting out of each side and the tip designed with two pincers. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Giant Crab Cancer by reciting the quote, "Open the Gate of the Giant Crab! Cancer!". This summons Cancer, a man carrying two pairs of scissors that can be used to attack the opponents as well as design hairstyles. When Lucy shows to combine with Cancer, she gains his crab-like legs on her back, which can allow for more attacking powers depending on how she uses them, and gains the ability of being able to cut through mostly anything that comes towards her, except for magic. It has been seen that when Lucy adds energy into Cancer's key before unlocking the gate, it adds blades to Cancer instead of his trademark scissors, as well as body armor around him as he shows to be able to use swordsmanship as oppose to his traditional cutting techniques.
- Gate of the Goat Key(山羊の鍵, Yagi no Kagi):The Gate of the Goat Key is one of the twelve Zodiac Gate keys used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Goat, Capricorn. The Gate of the Goat Key is a golden Celestial Spirit Key bearing the crest of the Goat; it has a white center bearing the crest of the goat. The blade is sculpted to appear similar to a goat's head with horns sprouting out of each side and curling towards the center. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Goat Capricorn by reciting the quote, "Open the Gate of the Goat! Capricorn!". This summons Capricorn, a humanoid goat wearing a formal attire who is capable of hand to hand combat. When Lucy triggers her Celestial Cross Fuse spell, Lucy takes on his sunglasses while also taking on his horns, and is able to use his enhanced strength in combination with her whip, allowing for much more powerful hits, and easier range for her while also keeping his hand-to-hand combat as well. It has been shown when Lucy adds her own Eternano to the key before unlocking the Gate, it shows Capricorn with his same attire, only his suit is actually shown to be more armor than cloth as he is able to take on strong attacks with ease much more than he would if Lucy summoned him more normally.
- Gate of the Golden Bull Key(金牛の鍵, Kingyū no Kagi): The Gate of the Golden Bull Key is one of the twelve Zodiac Gate keys used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Golden Bull, Taurus. The key is depicted to be a golden key with the crest of the Golden Bull, a circle with two horns sprouting on either side, stamped on its bow. A head of a bull is carved in the base of the bow with two horns sprouting out on its side, surrounding a white center with the crest of the Golden Bull, colored in black. The blade of the key is designed similar to that of a two-sided axe, each side designed with an S facing the opposite direction. The blade then finishes off with a pointed tip. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Golden Bull Taurus by reciting the quote, "Open the Gate of the Golden Bull! Taurus!". This summons Taurus, a perverted humanoid bull wielding a giant Labrys. When Lucy performs Celestial Cross Fuse, something she highly hates especially with Taurus, she inherits his more skin-revealing looks in terms of a bikini and his shorts as she gains his horns, and his incredible ability to wield his axe, something that is normally twice as heavy as her whip, but is able to use it after gaining his strength. When Lucy channels her Eternano energy into the key before unlocking the gate, Taurus is shown to gain bulky armor that covers his entire chest and gauntlets as well, allowing him to make up for his exposed self, and can be more defensive to allow cover for Lucy.
- Gate of the Lion Key(獅子の鍵, Shishi no Kagi): The Gate of the Lion Key is one of the twelve Zodiac Gate keys used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Lion, Leo. The key is depicted to be an ordinary golden key with the crest of the Lion, a small circle with a "tail" sprouting out of the top and curling towards the left, stamped on its bow. The bow of the key is sculpted similar to a lion's head, with the face on the bow's base, complete with two fangs facing downward. The center of the bow is a white arc with the crest of the Lion, colored in dark orange, and surrounded by the lion's "mane". The end of the key's blade is similar to a lion's tail with a crescent moon at the tip. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Lion Leo by reciting the quote, "Open the Gate of the Lion! Leo!". This summons Leo, an expert combatant who employs the Light Magic, Regulus. When Lucy initiates the Celestial Cross Fuse with Loke, She inherits his ears as well as the ring he uses, allowing her to gain the power of Regulus, letting her use it the similar ways that Loke would as well. When she pours in her Eternano into the Gate Key before unlocking the Gate, Loke is shown to gain new attire similar to how Capricorn looks, allowing for much better defense against those that might dare to harm Lucy.
- Gate of the Maiden Key(少女の鍵, Otome no Kagi):: The Gate of the Maiden Key is one of the twelve Zodiac Gate keys used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Maiden, Virgo. The key is depicted to be an ordinary golden key with the crest of the Maiden, a symbol reminiscent to the letters M and J combined together, stamped on its bow.. Similar to the other keys, the center of the bow is white, stamped with the crest of the Maiden, colored in purple. Surrounding the heart-shaped center on either side are simple curves, spiraling on the top and bottom. The blade's end is shaped like a heart. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Maiden Virgo by reciting the quote, "Open the Gate of the Maiden! Virgo!". This summons Virgo, a woman dressed as a maid, capable of using Earth Magic to attack opponents, or dig holes. When Lucy initiates the Celestial Cross Fuse spell, it takes Virgo's chains to add them to Lucy as well as her uniform, which gives her the abilities Virgo has of Chain Magic, Transformation, and Earth Magic as well. When Lucy concentrates Eternano energy into Virgo's key before unlocking the gate, Virgo shows to gain longer chains as well as armor for some parts of her body, including her skirt, hands, and face as she is able to take on more and fight harder than she could before.
- Gate of the Ram Key(牡羊の鍵, Ohitsuji no Kagi): The Gate of the Ram Key is one of the twelve Zodiac Gate keys used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Ram, Aries. The key is depicted to be an ordinary golden key with the crest of the Ram, a symbol reminiscent of a ram's head with horns sprouting out of its head, stamped on its bow; with the top of the bow of the key sculpted to look similar to a ram's head with horns sprouting out of either side. The center of the bow is a white heart stamped with the crest of the Ram, colored pink. The blade of the key's design seems to be derived from a ram's curled horns, with the very bottom appearing to be a hoof. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Ram Aries by reciting the quote, "Open the Gate of the Ram! Aries!". This key summons Aries, a woman dressed in wooly clothing and attacks the opponents with Wool Magic. When Lucy uses her Celestial Cross Fuse spell in combination with Aries, she gains her horns and similar looking clothing to her's, which allow her to use the Wool Magic that Aries uses, and create different constructs, and defensive forms that she chooses. When Lucy puts in her Eternano energy into her key before unlocking the gate, it shows Aries horns growing as she gains armor around her body, which gives her a bit more confidence in herself, and can allow her to use Wool Magic for offensive purposes.
- Gate of the Scorpion Key(蠍の鍵, Sasori no Kagi): The Gate of the Scorpion Key is one of the twelve Zodiac Gate keys used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Scorpion, Scorpio. The key is depicted to be a golden key with the crest of the Scorpion, a symbol reminiscent to a cursive letter M, stamped on its bow with the blade of the key ending with a shovel-like design. Similar to the other keys, the bow of the key contains a white center, bearing the crest of the Scorpion, colored in dark red. The blade of the key is forked at the end, similar to a scorpion's claw. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Scorpion Scorpio by reciting the quote, "Open the Gate of the Scorpion! Scorpio!". This summons Scorpio, a man with a stinger-shaped gun that can be used to attack with Sand Magic. When Lucy performs Celestial Cross Fuse with Scorpio, she inherits his long stinger on her back while also takes up on his hair color and clothing, and is able to use Sand Magic with not just the tail, but with her hands as well. When Lucy charges her Eternano into his key before unlocking the gate, Scorpio gains armor that overall completes his entire scorpion look, including two powerful stingers that cover his hand, and face armor that protects him from more powerful attacks, making him one difficult opponent to beat.
- Gate of the Chisel Key(鑿の鍵, Nomi no Kagi): The Gate of the Chisel Key is a Celestial Spirit Gate Key used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Chisel, Caelum. The key is depicted to be an ordinary silver key with the crest of the Chisel stamped on its bow. The bow is circular and bears the crest of the Chisel on its center, colored green. The blade of the key ends in a simple design, similar to other silver keys. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Chisel Caelum by reciting the quote, "Open Gate of the Chisel! Caelum!". This summons Caelum, a robotic Celestial Spirit that can be used as a sword or laser. When Lucy uses her Celestial Cross Fuse, she gains silver-like armor that reaches from up her head to down her feet as well as the metal halo of Caelum. It is seen that when Lucy focuses and concentrates, she is able to morph it into the various forms that Caelum is able to take on, including it's sword form, flight form, and cannon form as she can use her Eternano to deal damage to attack. When Lucy adds Eternano to Caelum's key before unlocking the gate, Caelum shows to change forms into a more humanoid version of itself, particularly female, which allows her to go on the offensive much more close hand-to-hand combat with Lucy helping it out as well, giving her an ally in a fight.
- Gate of the Compass Key(磁石の鍵, Jishitsu no Kagi): The Gate of the Compass Key is a Celestial Spirit Gate Key used by Celestial Spirit Mages to summon the Compass, Pyxis. The Gate of the Compass key is a silver Celestial Spirit Key bearing the crest of the Compass. While in possession of the key, a Celestial Spirit Mage may be able to summon the Compass Pyxis by reciting the quote, "Open Gate of the Compass! Pyxis!". This summons Pyxis, a Celestial Spirit capable of pointing out the cardinal directions. When Lucy uses her Celestial Cross Fuse spell with Pyxis, she inherits his wings and also shows to have a compass that is placed on top of her head as she is able to determine the direction of not only a pathway, but can also identify the Eternano Signature of anyone she focuses on, which allowed her to actually find Natsu during her travels. When she puts Eternano into his key before unlocking the gate, Pyxis transforms himself from his normal form, into a more bird-form that takes up into the sky, able to tell the direction of anything that she tells him to find, making it one impressive tracking key to use.
- Celestial Cross Fuse(星歌・一心同体 (セレスチアル・クロス・ヒューズ), Seresutiaru Kurosu Hyūzu lit. Celestial Elegy: Two Hearts Beating As One): A unique spell; not a magic proper, that makes full use of a Celestial Spirit Mage's link with their spirits. Due to the user holding a contract with them, the sprit has a special "magic link" with the user, essentially a contract of sorts that they can annul at any time. By synchronizing their magical power frequency with that of the spirit's when the two are in close proximity, with the spirit's approval, the user can perform this spell; which merges the mage and the spirit, integrating the spirit within their body. This allows the mage to replicate the powers of the spirit; filtering out magic (known as drawing) from the spirit and storing it ready to be used by the user. This allows the user to possess near superhuman abilities, such as increased speed and strength, as well as being able to use the spirit's magic. When the mage and their spirit are merged, two kinds of beings are brought together, and since the user possesses a comparable consciousness, the spirit will lose their solid form and can only manifest for limited periods of time while the merging is occurring; giving the user superhuman strength and enhancing their body functions. The merger grants the user an extreme boost in power; giving them access to new abilities, including executing powered-up spells; and when entering fusion mode, a pair of white feathered wings will emerge from the user's back. The merger can only be executed when the user gathers enough eternano; however. In order to activate the merger, the spell has an "limit meter" that fills as the user collects eternano; which are glowing orbs of light that appears whenever an attack is landed or an attack is blocked; the user automatically absorbs eternano as they move around the area, but not while attacking or being attacked. When the user can enter the merger, the user begins to glow orange. Once the merger is entered, the user's magical power slowly drains, and the merger ends when it is depleted. The rate at which the power drains can be lowered by using certain accessories and equipment pieces. While in the merger, the character can still collect eternano, refilling their power as it depleted. While in the merger, the user slowly begins regenerating their stamina; while they gain a higher chance of obtaining a critical hit; as well as generic bonuses as special attacks, increased damage, and other enhancements. Entering the merger blocks any spell the opponent is striking the user with and knocks them back; however, this can be a double-edged sword, as the user's current magic is cancelled out when activating the mode; but despite this, this drawback can be morphed into a blessing, letting attacks be chained together in new ways. During a successful merge, striking hair or pupil colour changes become apparent, and it will even change the colour of clothing the user is wearing at the time. The mage can always initiate telepathic contact with the spirit. However, in the case that that the user loses consciousness or the spirit for any other reason has to assume full control over their shared body the spirit creates a so-called "Internal Space" (内部空間, Naibu Kūkan, pocket dimension), where the user can communicate with the spirit in safety and even recuperate.
- Apostle Cooldown(使徒・冷え込み, Shito Hiekomi): In a partial use, Celestial Cross Fuse completely drains the user's full magical power to recover from a foe's attack and slow down the opponent for six seconds, or until a spell is landed. The duration of this period can be adjusted by the user's magical power levels. During this time the user's attack cooldown is reduced to nothing, allowing the user to link together several powerful spells one after another; even spamming what would be considered spells with a normally long casting time. Also, if the opponent is evading, the user can still continue their assault against them, as the foe doesn't receive temporarily invulnerability during this method.
Urano Metria (ウラノ・メトリア Urano Metoria): A powerful spell, known as the "Ultimate Magic of the Stars", in which the knowledge to achieve such was momentarily bestowed upon Lucy by Hibiki Lates through the use of his Archive. It is the only known Caster Magic she's capable of using. After she was granted such spell, Lucy fell in a state of trance, in which she went on to chant out the spell's incantation. This prompted the area around her target to become full of star-like lights, followed shortly after by a dark blanket reminiscent of a night sky. All of the star-like lights explode at the same time, causing heavy damage upon the target. Once Urano Metria was cast, Lucy woke up from her trance, completely unaware of what she did. This spell was used to defeat Angel, a member of Oración Seis. It seems to be exhausting to cast, with Lucy claiming to lack the energy to move after waking up from the trance. During the Grand Magic Games, Lucy combines her Magic power with Gemini and together they cast this spell. Since her days of fighting alongside Natsu, Lucy recognized that she needed to better herself as a mage, and began to train to better control and use this magic, with incredible results as she is able to actually release the full force of the spell without incantations when she is in full strength, and can deal incredible damage to her opponent. However, it is shown to result in the user losing most of her energy when she uses it in that manner, making it a one-shot attack without incantations, but still able to use it when she uses the normal incantations.
Shrink(屈する, kussuru): Is a rare Caster Magic that Lucy learned from a band of matriarchs who rescued her while she was traveling alone in a desert, and recognized that she was trying to find retribution for an event that she experienced in the past. When in use, Shrink actually expels a special Eternano energy that causes the user to shrink down to whatever size the user wants to be at, but no smaller than that of a pebble as they find themselves seeing the world in a different view. To achieve this, the user must begin by surrounding themselves with a special layer of Eternano that bares a similar feel of Titan, but instead of expanding them, the Eternano is quickly expelled from the body in the form of what appears to be a glowing light as it causes the minimization of the user, shrinking down their clothes, weapons, and anything that is surrounded by the light, meaning that they can also shrink down other people too if they are touched. There are two special ways that this magic is said to be offensive and supportive, the first is that while it does shrink the user and weakens their own magic, their physical strength remains as well as their weapon strength, meaning even a small sword slash could feel like someone is actually hitting them in normal size. It also means that the user is able to keep their physical strength, and lift objects multiple times their own size. The second way this is used is that when the user is either attack by any form of magic energy or spell, when the spell comes into contact with the user, the same glowing affects the effects of the spell and decreases the damage by how small they make it, which provides a powerful defense against mages. However, despite the great abilities to this magic, it requires incredible concentration and a calm leveled head, any other form of outburst or even different feeling other than focus causes the fluctuation of energy to increase different parts of their body, resulting in them unable to maintain their form for long until they eventually revert back to their normal size. The second risk is that despite the user keeping their physical strength, their size still makes them a much more easier target to be attacked with, especially with an attack twice their own size.
Behind The Scenes
- This character was approved by Perchan