Like an insurance plan; doesn't cover a fucking thing.
Magitek Armour (
The Magitek Armour was developed by, well, Collbrande Techniques (コールブランド・テクニクス, Kōruburando Tekunikusu), a subcontractor of the Kobayashi Conglomerate (コバヤシ・複合企業, Kobayashi Fukugōkigyō), who work closely for the Magic Council. The aim of the Magitek Armour is to provide a much more suitable defensive armament for the Council's ground troops. However, the armour is generally sold worldwide by numerous arms dealers, and thus the armament is ubiquitous. Being forged from Magitek, it is considered illegal as in the rules of the Magic Council, science and magic were never meant to merge. Despite this, or seemingly because of its "blasphemous" nature, the Magic Council uses it for their troops, as they believe that they have monopolized the only Magitek source in the world. However, there is much more to the Magitek Armour than meets the eye; it was created in order to replicate the mystifying powers of the Soul Armours for those who were not chosen by the Driver Belts; they are considered the successors of the Soul Armours and were intended to be an upgraded version of Soul Armour Knights; as the Soul Armour Knights have been naught but a myth for a very long time. However, the basic editions of the Magitek Armours are shown to be much weaker because they don't possess the incredible amounts of fighting spirit which make the Soul Armours so deadly. Magitek Armour, along with the rest of the Magitek, was developed using Giselle Mercury's blueprints. All Magitek Armours were produced in the Magitek Research Facility in Bosco; being created in secret.
The Magitek Armour, in its base form, takes upon the visage of a skintight bodysuit of varying textures- usually, the user's belly is exposed, though there are some exceptions to this. The Magitek Armour generally leaves the user's arms and legs bare, with gauntlets and thigh-high boots covering them while exposing some skin. The Magitek Armour augments the power of a normal, magic-capable human with some combat training into a superhuman within that person's limit; and the strength and abilities of the armour varies by how many detail has gone into producing them. Different Magitek Armours are known to exist, with each type being intended for a particular user or mission role. Unlike most other non-Soul Armour armours, the Magitek Armour is not summoned via Requip or some other type of Summoning Magic; indeed, the Magitek Armour is manifested through the user's own brainwaves once they have obtained it- generally, most wielders summon the armour upon entering battle, and the Magitek Armour is only dispelled when it is critically damaged, destroyed, or deactivated by the user. The defensive capacities of Magitek Armour are very high and allow users to survive in life-threatening conditions; however, they cannot be completely relied upon for protection. Like other magic-based items, a Magitek Armour constantly consumes the user's magical energy while active; as with every other piece of Magitek, the user is required to infuse more and more of their magical power into it to keep it running. The more defence the Magitek Armour provides, the higher its magical energy consumption.
Many of these Magitek Armours, like most other military hardware, have been given names. The summoning of a Magitek Armour is accompanied by a bright flash of light. Whatever normal clothes the user is wearing at the time disappear until the Magitek Armour is dismissed. Technically, a Magitek Armour consists of multiple layers of defensive barriers and fields. Alternatively, a Magitek Armour is capable of being modified and configured in order to assume multiple "modes" in a similar manner to that of a Soul Armour; the user can switch between them in combat, according to the situation. Generally, the Magitek Armour is made up of Eternano Microbes (
Full Body Defenser (
Hyper Sensor (
Eternano Microbe Manipulation: Generally, the Magitek Armour is made up of Eternano Microbes (
Vernier Boost (
List of Magitek Armours
The very first Magitek Armours, and the ones displayed in Daybreak S1, are designated as Magitek Armour Mark I (
The improved version of the Magitek Armours, shown in Daybreak S2, are known as Magitek Armour Mark II (
Finally, the finished version of the Magitek Armours shown in Daybreak S3 and Dawn are known as Magitek Armour Mark III (
- Caledfwlch Armour (カレドヴルフ・アーマー, Karedovurufu Āmā): The first Magitek Armour shown; under the possession of Kirika Hotsuin. The Caledfwlch Armour takes the form of a skintight battle-suit, which is similar to a futuristic armour clad completely in what appear to be blades. This armour has multiple marks and lining, and thin breast-plates keeping the user's highly developed breasts raised. It is noted to be extremely variable in colouration, with numerous metallic attachments to cover the outer side of her legs and arms—both starting with jagged plates and pauldrons on her hips and shoulders, respectively. There is a collar around her neck; and on the back of the armour, six varying types of swords fan out in a wing-like formation, with one enormous sword straight down the middle. Unlike other users of Magitek Armour, Kirika primarily uses her Driver Belt- though she has used the powers of the Caledfwlch Armour to fight when she cannot transform or to toy with her opponents. When questioned by Deen Lhant on why she doesn't just get rid of the armour when she has a Driver Belt, Kirika replied that the armour was a gift from one of the few people she ever cared about, the old lady who offered to take her in when she lost her parents; because of this, she couldn't bear to part with it.
- Kusanagi Armour (クサナギ・アーマー, Kusanagi Āmā): The Kusanagi Armour is the second Magitek Armour revealed; it is first seen in one of Deen Lhant's flashbacks worn by his older sister Alicia Lhant, before being shown in the present worn by the same person. The Kusanagi Armour, like all Magitek Armours, takes the form of a skintight battle-suit (though the personal colour is blue). Around each wrist is a glowing golden ring segment, while at her neck, hips, feet, and on top of the glove is a glowing green circle. Upon her arms and legs are black mecha-style pieces of armour; armoured arms and legs which have a rather "sharp" and streamlined appearance to them; with various yellow and blue additions. Her legs have mechanical boots attached that have side plating, and black claw-like "feet". On her ears are two spiked, black earpieces which work similar to receptors. Lastly, attached to her back are mechanical wings that work more like boosters that drape down to her lower legs; opening up when preparing to fly- instead of regular wings, these "wings" emit surges of magical energy which Alicia is in motion. Alicia was given the Kusanagi Armour by an unknown source- Deen himself stated that his sister has had the armour as long as he could remember, and to this extent, he wasn't surprised seeing her with it when they reunited.
- Durandal Armour (デュランダル・アーマー, Dyurandaru Āmā): The Durandal Armour is the third Magitek Armour to be seen- it is the main armament of Leanne Rockwell, the so-called "Strongest Magician in the World". The Durandal Armour is a lot more revealing than the other Magitek Armour models, which is certainly saying something. The Durandal Armour consists of nothing more than a blue and white cybernetic-looking bikini that has transparent sides, and thigh-high boots in matching colours. The Durandal Armour also has elbow-length gloves with armoured portions. Attached to the back is a three-pronged protrusion on each side, along with similar guards transfixed to Leanne's upper thighs. The Durandal Armour has been modified for optimal performance, boasting higher capabilities than the others. It is the only one of the initial Magitek Armours shown to be continually upgraded until it becomes a third-stage Magitek Armour, right before Leanne's final battle with Kirika.
- Ascalon Armour (アスカロン・アーマー, Asukaron Āmā): The final named Magitek Armour to be revealed- it is worn by Velvet Ashdoll, a secretary for the Magic Council. The Ascalon Armour is a skintight body-suit with dark pink and grayish red as the main colour scheme; it possesses rather draconic features- with shoulderpads and knee-pads shaped like dragon heads, gauntlets and greaves shaped like dragon claws and dragon feet respectively, and an armoured plate to cover the user's chest. The Ascalon Armour additionally has two long boosters attached to the user's back, enabling flight. The Ascalon Armour seems to have some "dragon destroying power" imbued within it, as Velvet was capable of using it to deal some serious harm to Rosa Dimaggio.
- While all of the Magitek Armour wielders shown are female, Alexis tells Deen that the Magitek Armour bodysuit is designed for both genders; and the reason why there aren't any male Magitek Armour wielders shown is because the male Rune Knights are too embarrassed to wear it.
|Tsuruko Sejren | Giselle Mercury | Gary Straights | Deen Lhant | Excellen Kilekion | Kaguya Kobayashi|
|Joker | Kirika Hotsuin | Alexis Tenjouin | Suzuka Kobayashi | Leanne Rockwell | Charlotte Merquise | Culebre | Abyssion | Chakravartin | Amadam | Níðhöggr | Camilla Straights | Klaus | Signa|
|Sion Kenzaki | Jonas | Marisa Sejren | Kinos Sejren | Alicia Lhant | Velvet Ashdoll|
|Alphonse Sejren | Aigrette Tenjouin | Dzerve Sejren | Hikari Zanna | Mr. E | Ashley Briett|
|Tsuruko Faction | Zodiac Knights | Magic Council | Paranormal Investigation Unit | Allies of Justice | Four Heavenly Kings | Ten Wizard Saints | Amadam's Empire | Preventers|
|Soul Armours | Magius | Hellion | Reionyx | Different Dimensions | Aether | Old World | Zero Effect | Ardor | Deus Machina | Dimension King Style|