Momoko Asami (朝美 桃子, Asami Momoko lit. Morning Beauty, Peach Child) also known as Momoko Kusaka (草冠 桃子, Kusaka Momoko lit. Grass Crown, Peach Child), or as she was called by Shōjirō, Momo (桃, Peach) was a war orphan who was found by Shōjirō Kusaka when she was six, during his time traveling. She was allowed to travel with Shōjirō after being found by him, and was taught magic by Shōjirō. She traveled with Shōjirō until she was eleven, when Shōjirō left he in the care of an orphanage in the last town they visited while traveling because his next destination was a highly volatile war zone, and during this time Shōjirō made her his adopted sister and told her once she got older to find the Kusaka family home, where she would be welcomed with open arms after giving her a special magic compass that would point her in the direction of the Kusaka family mansion.
AppearanceMomoko is a young, pretty girl in her late teens of short stature with a childish face and an overall underdeveloped physique, which tends to cause many to simply refer to her as "cute", causing some to view her as more of a mascot then the young woman that she is. Momoko has neck length black hair that boasts natural purple tints and highlights depending upon the way light catches it, and chocolate brown eyes. Along with her short stature and apparent lack of a figure are further solidified by her slender and lithe, sometimes described as waifish, build. Due to Momoko's small stature and undeveloped physique often causes her to be confused for a child much to her chagrin. Momoko possess a fair complexion; white, if not a little pale, skin that some have compared to a porcelain doll, and just as smooth. While apparently lacking in a developed feminine physique this is commonly proven as only a half-truth; underneath her attire Momoko actually boasts a rather defined and toned build seen most notably within her arms, legs, and abdominal muscles, yet at the same time doesn't sacrifice any of her actual femininity; while Momoko doesn't boast the most feminine of physiques, yet, she does have a rather curvy waist, a shapely rear, but is currently lacking in terms of her chest size, embarrassedly admitting that she wears the highest A cup, bordering upon a B cup, but it should still be noted that she is still growing, although her exact measurements are known to no one but her.
Momoko's typical attire is one that seems to further make others mistake her for being younger than she actually is; among her most common garbs worn is a nearly solid black Japanese seifuku. Momoko's outfit consists of a nearly solid black collared blouse top with a white strip going around the bottom edge of the collar, and is finished off by a red tie that has a pin attached to the middle of it that is hidden under her collar. She also wears a solid black, knee length skirt held up by a red belt with a red colored armored skirt cover on the left side. Momoko also wears matching red colored half gauntlets on her arms that stop at her elbows. Her common garb is finished off with solid blade shoes and thigh length black socks. Often enough Momoko can be seen wearing a clip in the left side of her hair to keep it out of her face. While most commonly seen in this school uniform-like outfit, Momoko does don other cloths.
Momoko is a young woman with a myriad of facets to her personality and a few flaws; typically she is an upbeat, happy, and bubbly young woman who is more than eager to help at the first sign of trouble, showing great kindness to everybody around her, a trait that she inherited from her foster father/adoptive brother, Shōjirō Kusaka. Typically seen in a good mood with a smile on her face and a skip in her step, Momoko is always ready to help others in need, whether they be strangers or anybody else for that matter, even at risk of her own safety. Always ready and willing, Momoko will happily fight for what she believes in, especially if it will help others; Momoko's kindness in this regard is akin to a broken fire hydrant that just continues to spew water everywhere. Due to her past, and subsequent upbringing, Momoko has shown to have no aversion to death and destruction, but she does attempt to avoid causing it, and is unforgiving to those that do nothing but spread it. Momoko is shown to easily make friends with most people, and quickly able to gain the trust of those she befriends.
Despite being upbeat and happy, Momoko has also displayed that she is rather stubborn, refusing help in situations that she may or may not be able to handle on her own; in the face of overwhelming odds Momoko would rather see just what she is capable of before turning to another for help. When faced with difficult or new situations and objectives Momoko is extremely bull-headed, again refusing help until she succeeds or she is forced to ask for help. Always eager, Momoko loves to learn, and is often seen reading anything and everything, soaking in the information like a sponge, and expanding her understanding of everything around her. Due to this love of learning Momoko had obtained a very high intellect, but due to her young age is still naive about somethings.
As an orphan who was later adopted by Shōjirō Kusaka as his family, it took Momoko a while to get used to her new family. Initially, she clung to Shōjirō until she really got to know her new family, quickly taking to her new adoptive parents who warmed to her just as quickly, and almost immediately gained a strong bond to her adoptive grandfather, Genjirō Kusaka, who fell in love with her at first sight, although his first impression of hew was that she was Shōjirō's illegitimate child. Momoko also quickly took to her oldest adoptive sister, Shigure Kusaka, growing close to her as they have some similar personality traits. Due to her close relationship with Shōjirō, Momoko has a strained relationship with her other adoptive sister, Naomi Kusaka, who due to her own severe brother complex sees Momoko as a rival for her brother's affection. Momoko's relationship with Shōjirō, while extending long into the past, and having been stretched for several years after he left he in the care of an orphanage due to his travels, is still very strong, even despite the, strange to say the least, reunion that they shared. Due to her relationship with Shōjirō, Momoko has developed a childish crush on her adoptive brother, along with holding an immense amount of respect for him, looking up to him, and admiring him.
As a young woman who is extremely mature for her age, Momoko still displays some childish aspects to her personality. As stated above, she has a childish crush on Shōjirō, and becomes flustered when he compliments and praises her, blushing profusely when that happens. As part of her stubbornness, Momoko pushes herself when Shōjirō is around, as if seeking his praise, even at her own risk, and ending in Shōjirō's scolding. Despite being a mature young woman, Momoko is shown to have little care about her physical appearance; while this doesn't mean that she doesn't care about it she just simply puts less emphasis on it; Momoko does take care of herself, keeping herself well groomed, and makes sure her clothing are clean and nice, she shows no real care about fashion, but as a young girl still, and he crush on Shōjirō she does try to look nice for him in an attempt to get him to notice her. Among other childish areas of Momoko's personality she is naive about love and the more intimate side of things, being easily embarrassed when approaching these subjects, but tends to become rather annoyed when around perverse behaviour.
Momoko, despite her outward appearance does suffer from some internal emotional scars, many being remnants of how she became an orphan in the first place; Momoko's village was destroyed, and her birth parents killed right in front of her, as well as shortly after being run through by a blade have caused her to suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which commonly manifests in the form of severe nightmares of those traumatic experiences. Because she suffers from PTSD and due to her close relationship with Shōjirō, Momoko often looks to him for comfort as he is the one who dealt with it the most, this has also caused Momoko to grow slightly dependant upon him when she has these nightmares, making her seek comfort with Shōjirō, often in the form of sleeping in his bed, which Shōjirō always complies with.
Momoko was born in a small village seventeen years ago to her unnamed parents. While having a mostly happy and peaceful childhood, when Momo was six a band of marauders and bandits came through her village to rand and ravage its supplies and in the process killed her parents when they tries to fight back, along with most of the villagers, leaving only her and a few other children who eventually died later of either shock or any injuries that received from the bandits. Momo, while hiding under a fallen thatch roof of the village horse stables is when Shōjirō, who was twelve at the time, and who had been tracking the bandits as part of a job passed through her village. While looking for any survivors of the village is when Shōjirō found Momo, who was still in a stat of shock and was unable to speak or even eat, pulled Momo from the rubble and covered her with a blanket, created a fire with his magic and gave her small portion of his food, trying to get the young girl to eat something so as to recover her strength. After doing that, Shōjirō finished his search for survivors in the village, finding none, decided to give the villagers the proper burials that they deserved. After burning the villagers, Shōjirō returned to Momo, who had taken a few bites of the food given to her, asked "What is your name, little one?" to which she replied "My name. I'm Momoko, who are you?", followed by Shōjirō's response "Me? Why I'm the great traveling scholar, my name is 'Shōjirō Kusaka. Why don't you come with me, I can help you heal and I can teach you to defend yourself in a situation like this, should it ever happen again." After listening to what Shōjirō had to say, Momo decided to follow him.
A few days after Shōjirō found Momo, they found the group of bandits that had destroyed Momo's village, Shōjirō of whom had been tracking the bandits told Momo to stay put while he dealt with the bandit group. While Shōjirō fought and defeated the bandits one after another, and while staying where she was told, hadn't seen one of the bandits sneaking up behind her, taking her hostage, forcing Shōjirō to back off. After backing off the bandits started to gang up on Shōjirō, during which Momo managed to get out of her captive hold and run to help Shōjirō was then impaled through the middle of her chest. Upon seeing Momo seeming killed caused Shōjirō's anger to erupt past its boiling point causing Shōjirō to massacre the entire bandit group with his bare hands, this fit of rage being dubbed by one of the bandits before his death as Shōjirō becoming a demon. After having calmed down and regaining his senses, Shōjirō found Momo lying on the ground bleeding, but upon his own inspection and assessment of Momo's wounds Shōjirō seen that the sword had missed all of Momo's vital organs and that the most damage was done to her soft tissue. After inspecting Momo, Shōjirō took her to the nearest hospital to get there treatment in the town that he had received the job for the bandits. While Momo was in surgery, Shōjirō had gone and collected his payment and told the client what happened, after which he wen to the hospital where Momo was to check on her. After a medium length recovery after surgery, Momo and Shōjirō left to start traveling again.
Three years later Momo, age twelve, and Shōjirō, age fifteen, continued their travels with one another, and Momo continued her training under Shōjirō.
Three years later, Momo age twelve and Shōjirō, age eighteen having been traveling for three years together, and after Shōjirō had taught Momo swordsmanship, martial arts, and magic, their travels were to soon come to an end. While passing through a large city Shōjirō had found a hotel for both of them and told Momo to wait their while he dealt with some business. After getting back to the hotel Shōjirō told Momo that he was leaving her in the care of an orphanage and that she couldn't come with him to his next destination because of the extreme danger at the location, it being an area that was on the very edge of an all-out war and that he couldn't protect her during this journey, and that he had already spoken with the orphanage's head matron and that she was allowed to stay. Momo, after hearing this was extremely furious with Shōjirō saying that "she could protect herself while on this journey", Shōjirō, whom said that she couldn't, told her, " Don't worry, this isn't goodbye forever, only for now. You need to be strong and know that in our three years traveling I have come to love you like my own little sister, in fact from now on your name will be Momoko Kusaka. I'm making you my adopted sister, and as such when the time comes you can search my, no, our family out in the country of Fiore, and you will be welcomed home as family, and if not I'll beat the fact into everybody's head and they'll except you whether they like it or not, Ok?" Momo responded with, "Ok.". Before Shōjirō left, he gave Momo a magical compass, that when used it would point in the direction of the Kusaka family home in the country of Fiore. Afterward Shōjirō left on his next journey. During the next so many years after his leaving, Momo trained and learned new and different magic's, sharpened her sword skills and martial arts and became a highly competent wizard, and four years later, after Shōjirō left, Momo left in search of the family she was promised by Shōjirō.
Shinku (真紅, True Crimson) is the name of Momoko's signature weapon, based upon a Japanese Katana that was forged for her by her surrogate father/adoptive brother and mentor Shōjirō Kusaka during their travels, and unlike her mentors signature weapon isn't a sakabatō (逆刃刀, reverse-blade sword). Momoko's Shinku is of a relatively basic appearance; it's shown to be on the rather long side compared to Momoko's height as it was forged while she was still a child. Momoko's Shinku boasts a light red cord wrap around its hilt with a diamond shaped tapering that shows the wood of the hilt beneath it, the tsuba (鍔 or 鐔, hand guard) being the most decorative of the swords appearance, being rectangular with five petal flower designs stamps upon it.
Momoko's Shinku, much like her mentors weapons was forged magically with several different metal alloys, Tamahagane being one of them, a metal alloy that is known for being extremely dense yet unexplainably light as well as being equally durable and a nearly perfect material for forging magical weapons and armor, as is also extremely good at absorbing and dispersing shock from hard impacts, causing very little recoil to be transferred through its entirety. Momoko's Shinku is was also forged with several different enchantments upon it, many being designed to benefit her and make her weapon unusable by almost everybody else. The various spells and enchantments that have been placed upon Momoko's Shinku include those of Nullification Magic which allows the weapon to nullify opposing magical spells, and power in general, but also has several redundancies built into it so as to prevent the myriad of charms upon the weapon from cancelling each other out. As a weapon Shinku, due to its composition is extremely durable, able to endure extended bouts of combat and stress without any damage, is extremely lightweight, and holds an absurdly sharp blade that can easily slice through damn near anything within its path with ease. As a magical sword, Shinku is capable of absorbing Momoko's magical power and expel it from the blade, being capable of absorbing even her Elemental Magic's, and being able to withstand the force of simply containing her magical powers.
Powers and Abilities
Ways of Combat
Expert Swordsmanship Specialist: As swordsmanship is her primary method of combat, Momoko is exceptionally skilled with a blade in hand, a further testament to her skill is that she was taught by one of Ishgar's (now) Ten Wizard Saints, Shōjirō Kusaka, who is one of the continents greatest swordsmen. Momoko's skill with a sword, while classified as only being at an expert level, is actually within the absolute lowest rungs of a master level swordswoman, as she is easily capable of defeating another with a similar level of skill as her in single combat.
Momo, having been taught swordsmanship by one of Fiore's greatest masters of swordsmanship, Momo is highly proficient in sword combat. She has enough skill to be able to cut through magically enhanced weapons and armor with relative ease. Momo has shown to fight with her sword in a way as described by those she has defeated, "like she was graced by heaven in her movements." Momo has shown able to fight on almost even grounds with a master swordsman without much difficulty. Momo much like her teacher Shōjirō, has shown to refuse to kill anyone with her blade, and usually finishes her enemies off with a strike from the back of her blade.
Battōjutsu (抜刀術, the craft of drawing out the sword) is a field of Kenjutsu which deals specifically with the rapid drawing and sheathing of a sword. It is the predecessor of the art of Iaidō, in that their differences stem from the fact that Iaidō is much like Kendo as a form of spiritual training and sport, where Battōjutsu practices and studies the dynamics of sword drawing and hand eye coordination regarding live action factors of timing, distance, targeting, and the specifics of one's sword, including its size and blade, to strike readily. It is hence practiced with live swords, in contrast to kata and sparring needs eventually developing the safer bokken and shinai.
In most cases, a katana being drawn from its sheath moves with a much greater speed and force than when it is being wielded normally. Additionally, greater drawing speed gives a swordsman more of an advantage in combat than an opponent whose speed is inferior. This is due in part to the fact that a katana's sharp blade curves upward against the inside of the sheath, allowing the swordsman to use more strength in drawing it without having to worry about applying extra control to his movements - the sword's path is guided by the sheath while the blade meets no resistance, moving two to three times faster than normal.
- Iaidō (居合道, Way of Drawing and Resheathing) is the name of a traditional Japanese form of swordsmanship that allows its user to rapidly unsheathe their blade, strike, swipe the blood from their blade, and then sheathe the drawn blade all in a single, swift motion. This style of swordsmanship, while effective often is a single usage as after the blade has been drawn then sheathed again the chances of a second strike occurring effectively are greatly lessened, especially against multiple opponents. Iaidō is not only an aggressive sword art as it can effectively be used as a preemptive attack to defeat a single opponent before a full on battle can occur, Iaidō can also be used as an equally effective counterattack as the practitioner can quickly draw their blade in response to an offense against them.
Kenjutsu (剣術, The Method of the Sword)
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Momo has displayed a high expert level of skill in unarmed, hand-to-hand combat, easily defeating others at or below her level in skill. Having been taught by Shōjirō, she excels in the use of mostly defensive technique's such as joint locks, manipulation, holds, and breaks, as well as throws. While using a more passive unarmed combat style, Momo has also displayed a more aggressive hand-to-hand fighting style that uses quick, precise closed, open, and half open hand strikes to quickly disable and render an attacker unconscious while causing as little bodily harm as possible.
Water Impulse Fist
Water Impulse Fist (水衝波崩拳, Suishōha Hōken lit. Water Shockwave Demolition Fist)
Enhanced Strength: Momo has demonstrated a considerable amount of strength, despite her small frame and build. She has been seen throwing others as big a three times her own size with relative ease and little effort. Because of her strength, she is able to take on jobs and opponents that other normal people couldn't.
Immense Speed: Because of her small frame and light weight, Momo has an immense amount of speed. She is able to close large gaps between herself and an opponent in only a few steps. He speed allows her to dodge point blank range attacks and spells with extreme ease and without much effort. Momo's speed combined with her swordsmanship and martial arts make her an extremely deadly opponent. Along with her immense speed and combined with her small, petite frame, Momo has a considerable degree of flexibility and outstanding reflexes.
Enhanced Endurance and Durability
Enhanced Endurance and Durability: Momo has shown to have only an average amount of durability and pain tolerance, only being able to take a few large hits before she starts to weaken, but she has shown to have an above average amount of endurance, being able to fight for a slightly extended period of time before needing to rest.
- Pain Tolerance:
High-Level Intellect: One of Momo's greatest strengths is her high intellect. During her time at the orphanage, Momo spent a large amount of time reading and studying. Momo has a high degree of skill in being able to make on the fly decisions about what to do in combat and during combat.
Immense Magical Power: Momo has shown to possess a great deal of magical power. Her magical power when exerted is red in color and is able to paralyze weaker opponents and can slow down stronger opponents in their movements. Her magic, while not being at the monstrous level as most natural born members of the Kusaka Clan, is still rather immense in nature. She has shown to be able to form a cloak of magical energy around her, creating a temporary defense. Magic originates from a Magic Origin (魔原, Magen), which is exactly what the wording indicates—it is a special organ that is located within the body of a magician, that absorbs eternano and bunches it up into clusters, which is processed into magical power.
- Second Origin Activation (二番原解放, Nibangen Kaihō): Second Origin is a force known as the "second container" of magical energy in an individual. This container exists due to the mage in question constantly, and passively, absorbing a quantity of magic from the environment to renew their original reserves. Any excess is placed within this container and kept sealed until absolutely necessary, or unlocked through a Second Origin Release spell. This Second Origin, when initially activated, places an enormous level of stress on the body unless it is awoken in gradual amounts, as the body isn't accustomed to handling so much magical energy in the body at one time. This can be circumvented by mages with control of their magic, however, allowing them to restore the magical power as a reserve that can be accessed whenever required, therefore providing an extremely useful back-up. Second Origin Activation can only be taken place, as said before, by mages who have control over their own magical energy. It generally only works when one is in a magic-rich environment and has nearly exhausted their initial supplies. By absorbing a copious quantity of magic from the surrounding environment passively (which can be noticed through a tingling sensation in the body), the user's internal reserves can be released at the same time. This, in turn, allows for an immense quantity of magic to replace the initial, depleting reserves. Notably, one can allow the Second Origin to passively increase the quantity of magic that is within it, so long as it isn't used during this period of time, otherwise it has to accumulate magic once again. The overall effects of activating the Second Origin are quite evident: an enormous boost in magical energy, empowered spells, ability to enhance physical strikes with magical reinforcements, temporarily breaking the "laws" of magic with specific equipment, and the rest. Notably, Second Origin is thought to be powerful enough to make a S-Class Candidate become as strong as a fully fledged S-Class Mage, while making an experienced S-Class Mage even stronger. Though it should be noted that most S-Class Mages are nearing this level of magical power in any case.
- Magical Aura (魔力の霊気, Maryoku no Reiki; Literally meaning Aura of Magical Power) is a common term given to the exertion of magical energy into a form outside of the user's body that isn't used in the formation of spells. It has been demonstrated by various mage's of varying potency, and is a common means of intimidation. A magical aura is created when the body's container of Eternano particles exceeds the limits of what it contains, or is purposefully released by the user. Upon doing so, the magical energy surges around the body and is exerted outwards in the form of an aura, which holds considerable pressure surrounding it. Depending on the level of magical power one possesses and the control behind it, it can be used as a means to intimidate another individual, or as a preparation for a powerful spell. A single magical aura can have a wide variety of effects dependent on the power an individual exerts. A standard aura is produced by mages with a moderate level of magical power within their body. By exerting it outward, it forms a thin layer of pressure that can cause one to be intimidated if they aren't a mage, or if they are a rather weak mage. This is generally demonstrated by individuals of S-Class strength when they are holding back, or when standard mages are showing that they are entering their full reserves of power. It should be noted that the density of this aura, by an S-Class mage, can cause physical attacks to be repelled with notable ease. Momoko's Magical Aura is classified as an S-Class Aura (大力の魔霊気, Dairyoku no Mareiki; Literally meaning Magical Aura of Great Power), albeit hers is on the lower side of this type of aura but is classified as it is because she is able to produce this kind when needed, is one demonstrated solely by S-Class mages or above in potency, and generally are reserved to the stronger S-Class mages as a consequence of their sheer magical strength. When exerted, the S-Class aura takes the form of an overwhelming level of pressure that surrounds the user in a color that best represents their personality. It generally encompasses them in a certain radius, and demonstrates a level of strength that leaves most mages unable to react to it unless they've had continual exposure or exert an aura of similar potency. However, the problem with this aura is that if it used continuously, it can tire an individual. Though considering most S-Class' level of magical power, this is rarely the case. The variety of effects achieved by this aura are noted to be quite high, as it can take the form of different shapes and can be used to repel magical and physical assaults alike.
- Masterful Eternano Manipulation:
Diamond Body (金剛体, Kongōtai) is the name of a magic skill originally created by the Kusaka Clan generations ago, and one that has only been to taught to a very tight knit group of individuals outside of the family. This magic skill allows the user to exert their magical power and compress it, hardening it to form a diamond-esque substance from their raw magical power. This ability allows its user to generate the diamond material for a verity of purposes, most notably defensive ones, but has shown that users of great enough skill and with sufficient magical capacity are capable of turning this originally defensive magic skill into an offensive one, as its modern official designation is as an Offensive/Defensive-Type (攻性防御型, Kōsei Bōgyo-gata).
Light Magic (光の魔法, Hikari no Mahō): Light Magic is a Caster-Type Magic which draws on the positive emotions of the user and manifest it in a physical form, the element of Light. It should be noted that Light Magic was intentionally created to be used as a counter against Darkness Magic and later Black Arts, two types of Magic that feed on negativity and cause massive destruction. This is triggered by going by the opposite of the 'magic = feelings' concept—by fueling their magic with positive feelings, the user is capable of initiating the usual fusion of Eternano and magical power, only manifesting magical power in a light and benevolent nature; this is known as natural Light Magic, drawing from the inner feelings of the humanity to purify the world off all its evils and mistakes, like a beacon of hope. This version of light magic is more commonly known and used by Legal Mages as they are often encouraged to use their emotions when it comes to fighting, being taught it will increase the overall power of their spells, though this is just a rumor and has not yet been official confirmed.
However a recent discovery has just been made revolving around Light Magic; a group of scientist have discovered a new way to utilize Light Magic without having to go through the process of converting their own feelings into magic. This is considered incredibly difficult for a mage to successfully pull off and as such, there are only a small number of Mages that are capable of using this method of Light Magic. To do this, the user will manifest and modify their very eternano and magical energy, entwining it, into that of protons which the user can then alter the movement of them, allowing them to be able to use virtually any light based power; being granted the ability to control, generate, and absorb light as well as utilizing said element as a form of offense and defense. Users of, what has now been dubbed, natural Light Magic have taken note that the light that is manifested through this specific procedure is not capable of being sense as it does not have any feeling in it, making most mages feel uncomfortable around a mage that is capable of using this variation of Light Magic. Due to this fact that this Light Magic does not use any emotion and is based on science, this variant of the magic has been named artificial Light Magic. It has been rumored that more and more Dark Mages are gaining the ability to use this form of Light Magic, disguising themselves and spying on Legal Guilds.
Light Magic can be utilized in a multitude of different ways, ranging from offensive to supplementary applications. Occasionally, a certain technique will usually involve the use of hands to cast a spell, though an experienced user can preform said spell without having to go through such an approach. It can be used to destroy and pick up various objects, defend various enemies' attacks and unleash devastating beams of light with immense power behind them. Light Magic can also be used in the most basic way possible which can still lead devastating results; by emitting light from the caster's body, depending on the brightness and the heat that the light emits, it is capable of blinding as well as burning an opponent or causing the surrounding area to explode in a brilliant light. The user can create constructs and weapons made of the element, and even teleport themselves away via transforming into light; being capable of taking out a horde of opponents in a flash of light and rendering them unable to fight, blinding them with radiance. Similar to other elemental magic's, Light Magic allows the user to transform their entire body into the very element that they use to fight: by transforming into pure light, the user is able to negate and avoid attacks, and gain the added advantage of traveling at incredible speeds and causing significant damage to their opponent and everything that they come in contact with, like a ray of divine light coming to unleash its judgment.
Supplemental Abilities and Light Forms
- Photon Body (
軽粒子体化, Foton Bodi lit. Light Particle Body Transformation) is the name of Light Magic's unique elemental body, working upon the same principles as spells such as Lightning Body.
- Light-Make (
光の造形魔法, Raito Meiku lit. Light Molding Magic) is a Caster Magic and a subspecies of Light Magic of the Molding Magic brand; as the name may or may not suggest, Light-Make involves the creation of objects involving the element known as light, which is a type of energy that's a form of electromagnetic radiation within a certain portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, visible to the naked eye. Like most other forms of Molding Magic, Light-Make is something of an oddball amongst the various other forms of Elemental Magic and their subspecies, as while more often than not, Light-Make lacks sheer power, it more than makes up for it in the incredible amount of options at hand which can be brought out by the caster's imagination – indeed, while it is underrated among the variety of obscure magic such as the infamous Slayer Magic, including Dragon Slayer Magic, God Slayer Magic and similar Lost Magic, it can be considered one of the most versatile forms of magic in existence. In order to harness Light-Make, the user places their right arm down next to their abdomen, with an open palm, and from here, the caster places their closed right fist on the face of their palm – while the caster induces the usual elemental formation process by pulsing the magical energies dwelling within their Magic Origin outwards into the immediate area in order to interact with the eternano that's saturated throughout the atmosphere, thus starting up the mainstay magical energy + eternano fusion, this dynamic pose enables the user to tap into alchemic theory, which is a philosophical and proto-scientific tradition that aimed to purify, mature, and perfect certain objects into its mechanics as a major proponent of the sequence as they utilize their willpower as well as their Magical Aura surging outwards from their body in order to harness the principles of convergence, with the caster going by the opposite of the 'magic = feelings' concept—by fueling their magic with positive feelings, the user is capable of initiating the usual fusion of eternano and magical power, only manifesting magical power in a light and benevolent nature; transmogrifying their arcane powers into light, a type of energy considered to be a form of electromagnetic radiation of a wavelength which can be detected by the human eye, drawing from the inner feelings of the humanity to purify the world off all its evils and mistakes, like a beacon of hope. During this process, the caster projects their Magic Seal outwards while envisioning the creation of their choice and drawing power from the atmosphere; the caster's magical energies flow from their own body and entwine themselves with everything else put into action through the activation sequence, resonating visually as a pulse of golden energy as the desired creation spawns from the glyph of energy accompanied by a swirling windstorm of light. Of course, depending on the brightness and the heat that the light emits when Light-Make is being cast, it is capable of blinding as well as burning an opponent or causing the surrounding area to explode in a brilliant light. Because the user is taking light and from there shaping and solidifying it to suit the situation, the light manifested through the power of Light-Make is known to possess properties that are not dissimilar to a lasers, with the molding of light acting as spatial coherence as to focus the lasers into a tight spot, enabling applications such as laser cutting and lithography; the process also allows the light shaped through Light-Make to remain narrow through great distances; like ordinary Light Magic, this light can be unleashed as laser beams which are able to be charged to increase their speed and power - this property plays a major part in several of the Light-Make Unlimited spells. Thanks to the wide range of what can be considered to be "light", the wielder of Light-Make is able to control and generate sunlight, ultraviolet light, x-rays, cosmic rays, and many more; thanks to it being light, the user's opponents are more often than not incapable of seeing these lights as they would be rendered completely invisible to the naked eye; to any onlookers, it would appear as if the caster is downing their enemies with invisible weaponry and the like. The sheer aftereffect of Light-Make being shaped into an object of the caster's desire and from there being used upon one of the wielder's enemies is that immediately upon contact with this light-based construct, the caster's enemy will begin to feel completely purified from several symptoms of physiological or psychological meltdown such as mental stress, depression, or coma relief from the physical body taking hold of them, and many more examples. Abnormally, Light-Make is known to posess a tendency to attract and draw in positive emotions from the user who is casting it to morally effect the victim's self-esteem. This in forth rekindle back the lost feelings of hope or spirit to the victim's mind, body, and soul from ever fearing the need of despair even if they're set up in the worst situations possible for them. As the power of Light-Make, and thus, the user, would feed on positive emotions and peaceful resolution, so does it cause the victim with a corrupt mind to feel hallucinated by the brilliant light, enticing them to remember their own past and yearn for forgiveness. It would henceforth make the victim themselves want to amend for all their wrong doings, evils, and mistakes in the past as if so they can have another chance in life. With magicians being encouraged to use their emotions when it comes to fighting so that it will increase the overall power of their spells, it can be said that Light-Make is one of the more potent forms of Molding Magic around.
Lightning Magic (雷系各種魔法, Kaminari Kei Kakushu Mahō) is a common form of Caster Magic and one of the more powerful of the basic elemental magic's that allows the user to, obviously, utilize lightning to attack and defend with. In order to manifest Lightning Magic, the user is able to modify their Eternano and magical energy into that of electrons, which they can alter the movement of, allowing them to use almost any electricity based power; controlling, generating, and absorbing electric fields; utilizing electricity, but more specifically, lightning, as a form of offense and defense. The user is able to generate these elements from their body, and manipulate them, giving them the ability to channel and manipulate electricity through their body. However, unlike other types of Elemental Magic, users of Lightning Magic are also capable of utilizing lightning from a distance, such as from the ground near them, or down from the sky. Lightning attacks work by electrocuting the opponents to various degrees, and there are spells that are said to be capable of completely paralyzing enemies, due to the extremely high voltage of the electricity employed in their use. Because of the high amounts of light produced with its use, Lightning Magic can also be utilized to blind opponents, albeit for a short amount of time.
By generating electricity on different parts of their body, the user is capable of causing their attacks in melee to become far deadlier; even capable of propelling themselves around at high speeds in order to gain extra momentum; as the user can create lightning orbs around their arms and legs before connecting punches and kicks, increasing their striking power in a way similar to most other elemental mages, allowing them move around much faster, propelling themselves towards their opponents, by surrounding their entire body with lightning, and empowering their connecting strikes by summoning forth lightning from the sky to accompany their motions. In addition to these properties, the bright light from the lightning can be also used to momentarily blind enemies. Similar to other types of Elemental Magic, Lightning Magic allows the user to transform their body into the element they control: by transforming into a lightning bolt, the user is able to avoid physical attacks, and have the added advantage of traveling around at very high speeds and damaging everyone or everything they come in contact with, much like real lightning.
Supplemental Abilities and Lightning Forms
- Lightning Body (
雷体化, Raitoningu Bodi lit. Lightning Body Transformation) is a staple amongst extremely powerful Lightning Magicians; counting as their 'super mode' of sorts; alongside Infernal Body of Fire Magic and Water Body of Water Magic by utilizing the "Elemental Body" method of Elemental Magic; effectively, it enables the caster to transform their entire body into lightning as to empower themselves.
- Raikōsen (雷光閃, Lightning Flash) is a basic Lightning spell. This spell when used releases a quick, high voltage but highly concentrated bolt of lightning that is usually released from the users hand and has enough force to penetrate flesh as well as armor and non-magical armor with little effort. This spell has shown to be one of Momo's most commonly use spells.
- Raikiri (雷切, Lightning Cutter) is one of Shōjirō's more powerful Lightning spells and is one of the lightning spell that he taught to Momo. Through the use of this spell Momo can channel her lightning and electricity through her sword to greatly increase its cutting power and potential.
- Denryū (電流, Electrical Current) is a lightning spell. this spell isn't an actual attack spell but more of a supporting spell to be used with Momo's other primary magical element, Water Magic. When used after creating a dense mist of water or by sending the current through a large amount of water is when this spell truly shines, but using the water as a conductor Momo can cause large amounts of damage and harm to an enemy.
- Raisandan (雷散弾, Lightning Diffusion Bullets Lit; Lightning Shotgun) is a mid-level lightning spell that Momo knows. This spell when used allows Momo to charge her lightning magic into her hands and then by making a punching motion in the desired direction releases a massive shotgun like blast of lightning magic forward.
Water Magic (水系各種魔法, Mizu Kei Kakushu Mahō) is a Caster Magic, Holder Magic and form of Elemental Magic that allows the user to create and manipulate the element of water. Water Magic is the manipulation of water conjured through magical power outside of the body, directed through limbs; in addition, Water Magic could be manipulation of existing water bodies. In order to harness Water Magic, the user must project their magical power outwards, using it to manipulate the temperature down to the level that allows water to manifest, before combining their magical power with the ambient eternano within the atmosphere in order to make that water a reality. In order to manifest Water Magic, the is required to surge their magical energy into the equation so that the atoms rearrange to fit together; the process is dangerous, both requiring and releasing substantial amounts of magical energy. In addition, when forming water, the user's magical aura will contain it, making sure there is no overflow or such. It takes much more ability to create the water outside the body than to manipulate what is already available; but thankfully, the user is capable of generating water from nothing as long as there is hydrogen and oxygen in the vicinity.
A Water Magic magician is able to manipulate water pressure, allowing their spells to grasp other objects or cutting through without simply parting around them. Since water is incompressible, it can be used as a semi-solid while being able to move and flow like a liquid. Water Magic, when harnessed in an offensive manner, seems to inflict harm from the sudden force that the spells exert, which would cause massive internal damage to a human. Depending on its use, the physical properties of water can be manipulated to the user's advantage; large masses of such liquid are shown to possess remarkable force, being usable to inflict blunt damage upon targets by sweeping them away with water.
Momo's primary use of Water Magic is shown to be in conjunction with her Lightning Magic, using her water as a conductor for electricity. Other wise Momo's usage of Water Magic is shown to be used for releasing immensely powerful jets and streams of water, all of which are compressed to their utmost providing her spells with a high degree of cutting power. While most commonly seen using immensely powerful, and highly compressed, thus high pressured, jets of water in order to attack with, often times using these jets of water to completely rip apart and shred anything in its path of destruction, magical barriers and armors included. While primarily seen using these high powered jets of water, Momo is also shown able to create massively powerful floods and tsunami's with little visible effort on her part. One unique ability attributed to Momo's Water Magic is that the water produced through her magic has a highly potent acidic property. This "acidic" property has shown to be the result of the water produced by Momo's Water Magic being at the highest purity, water that is 99.999% pure. Any form of magic that this water comes into contact with is almost all ways completely neutralized, this effect is attributed to the pure water trying to find anything to dilute its purity with. This purity has also shown to have highly detrimental effects on the human body; these effects include causing skin to melt and decay upon contact with the water, as well as the water being able to absorb an enemies magical power if ingested, either willingly or not, this effect allows Momo to replenish her own magical reserves by reabsorbing the magically infused water back into her own body.
Supplemental Abilities and Forms
- Water Body (水体化, Water Body Transformation) is a basic Water Magic spell for wasters of Water Magic. This spell while extremely simple, is also one of the most versatile and powerful of any Water magic spell. This spell allows the caster to transform their body into water, completely liquefying themselves at will. This change in physical construct changes everything that make up the user, and while in this liquefied state the user is completely invulnerable to physical and most magical attacks directed at their person, the attacks often times just simply passing right through them, but bust users of this spell are often vulnerable to Ice Magic spells, they being able to freeze the casters body solid. Momo has shown to have a mastery over this spell which allows her to transform her entire body, or just a portion such as her arms or her torso at will. This transformation also gives Momo a source of water when their is none in the immediate vicinity or her fight.
- Mizu Kebari (水毛針, Water Hair Needle) is a basic Water Magic spell to those users who have mastered the Suitaika spell. This spell is extremely simple in execution: the user by simply transforming their hair into water through the Suitaika spell can then launch multiple needles of water in a desired direction. This spell while extremely weak can serve as a much needed distraction against the users opponent.
- Torrent (水体化:急流体, Suitaika: Kyūryūtai Lit; Water Body Transformation: Torrent Body)
- Riptide Slicer (水断水流, Kyūryū Suiryū)
- Kōatsu Mizuhō (高圧水砲, High Pressure, Water Cannon) is one of Momo's more powerful water spells, and also one of her most used. This spell when used forms a ball of water in front of Momo's hand(s) and exerts an immense amount of pressure on the water in the ball before releasing the built up water in a massive blast the shoots forward and has an extreme amount of destructive power behind it, being able to destroy a medium sized building in one hit.
- Kōatsu Suiryū (高圧水流, High Pressure Water Jet) is a more concentrated version of Momo's Kōatsu Mizuhō spell. this spell created a high pressured jet of water to be released from either Momo's palm or even more powerful because of its higher concentration from her finger that can rip and tear through flesh, armor, magical and non-magical, Earth and dirt with extreme ease.
- Kōatsu Suiga (高圧水牙, High Pressure Water Fang) is one of Momo's somewhat intermediate level spells. This spell forms and concentrates an amount of water along the blade of Momo's sword, then by swinging her sword, Momo can release the water forward in the shape of an animals fang of which have a high degree of destructive power behind them as well as a high amount of cutting power. Momo has also demonstrated the ability to shoot these blasts of water from the palm of her hands, but in doing so it weakens the blasts because they are fundamentally smaller than when released from her sword.
- Chō Ryūdō (超流動, Superfluidity) is special type of constantly active, but passive Water magic spell. This spell, while always active, it acts upon all of Momo's water magic spells. This spell allows all water produced by Momo's water magic to have the ability to bypass barriers, or and form of defense by finding the path of lease resistance in the enemies defenses. This spell has shown to be inapplicable to only a few certain spells, such as her Kōatsu Suiryū because of its highly concentrated point of destructive potential.
- Suiyojin (水霊輪, Water Demon Circle) is a Water Magic spell that Momo often uses. To use this spell Momo gathers water from her surroundings, or creates water if needed, and gathers it under her enemy before the water shoots upwards surrounding its target in a cylinder of water blocking their view and trapping them before four highly condensed drills of water penetrate the cylinder of water causing massive damage to whoever is trapped inside the water cylinder.
Sound Magic (サウンドマジック, Saundo Majikku) is a type Elemental Magic and Caster Magic which revolves around the manipulation of sound. This magic allows the user to perceive, generate and manipulate any type of sound, attacking the opponents with sounds of various intensity. The way that Sound Magic is initiated is by the user projecting their magical energy outwards through their mouth with a yell or even a whisper, causing the magical energy to react with the ambient eternano within the atmosphere, triggering the usual fusion to manifest a spell—but in this case, it will produce the sound-manipulating effects that the user desires. With it, the user can create and modify sound waves to mimic, intensify, hush, and distort, as well warp, strengthen, echo, speed up, and slow down sound, using it as powerful physical force and high-speed movement. The user can create powerful sound waves from any part of their body or anywhere in the nearby surroundings, making it effective for mid-range to long-range combat. With it, the user is able to increase sounds, for example when they use their power, it allows them to increase the sound of their voice to be so powerful that it can create craters and move heavy objects.
Depending on how much sound is generated, and the pressure in it, Sound Magic can easily deafen the user's opponents. In addition, the sound waves can even be strong enough to destroy buildings with ease and can kill multiple people. A proper use of this magic is to hear a person's very soul, allowing the user to tell if they are scared, what are they going to do next, and even their thoughts. This ability is so accurate that it was actually confused as mind reading; though this only seems to work when the person's "voice" they are listening to is thinking, or has memories. Sound Magic produces high-speed vibrations which can be applied to several techniques. This can be applied into many situations, including the ability to enhance the cutting power of her blade or activating a high-pitched sound which can disable any opponent. With Sound Magic, the user can enhance sounds, dull them, or even erase them completely—this extends to voices and the "crackling" sound of eternano being merged with a magician's magical power to form their spells, effectively slowing the produce of the opponent's spell, giving the user a distinct advantage.
The user is also able to increase their speed to incredible levels to the point where they are able to move at the speed of sound; when adding their spell speed into the mixture, they moe so fast that it is an inevitability that the opponent will be unable to track their movements, let alone hit them. Sound Magic produces high-speed vibrations which can be applied to several techniques. This can be applied into many situations, including the ability to enhance the cutting power of their blade or activating a high-pitched sound which can disable any opponent. The user can affect music as well as produce it. At low frequencies, sound is potentially fatal to living beings by causing internal damage, while high frequencies cannot be heard by normal humans but can be used for sonar-like effects. Since sound vibrations can travel through the air, ground, water and any form of medium, defense by using physical barriers is difficult. The vibrations can also affect at a molecular level. In essence, sound is an invisible, deadly weapon and a versatile tool. Taking the simple power of manipulating various sounds further, the user is capable of exaggerating these properties, in order to grant them the ability to do all the same, but on a vastly greater scale. This allows them to emit sonic booms from their body, silence the area so that not even a single sound will escape, and allow various objects, or even people, to become "soundproof"—in other words, they can make themselves or their target immune to sound in its entirety.
Supplemental Abilities and Forms
- Tiger Echo Fist (TBD)
- Sound Wave (音波, Onpa) is a basic Sound Magic spell. By using her magical power, Momo can excite and subsequently cause the atoms in the atmosphere around her to start vibrating before she releases a powerful, blunt force attack forward towards her intended target. This spell is extremely fast, and is invisible, making it very difficult to dodge.
- Sound Blast (音爆, Oto Baku) is one of Momo's more powerful Sound Magic spells. Momo starts by generating a large amount of sound waves on the palm of her hand before compressing them once she has a sufficient amount. After compressing the sound waves into the shape of a ball, one that only she can see, Momo launches the ball forward towards her intended target, and upon contact with her target the ball decompresses into a large explosion capable of vaporizing anything in its path because of the rapid decompression of the vibrations of the sound produced by this spell.
- Sound Wall (音壁, Oto Kabe) is a defensive Sound Magic spell of Momo's. This spell is used by Momo rapidly vibrating the air and atmosphere directly in front of her, creating an invisible wall capable of reaching a resonance frequency with anything that touches it. This resonance frequency effect is achieved because the wall of sound vibrates at multiple different frequencies, constantly switching within millisecond periods of time, making getting through the wall nearly impossible.
- God Song (神曲, Shinkyoku)
- Heavenly Chorus (天国の合唱, Tengoku no Gasshō)
- Ryunake (龍の叫び, Cry of the Dragon)
Basic level use of this Magic is categorized as Macro-telekinesis and more advanced levels of this Magic can be categorized as Micro-telekinesis. The most skilled users of this magic have been thought to possess other magic's, due to the nature of Telekinesis. Macro-telekinesis, of course, refers to the movement of larger objects like people, furniture, weapons and plants and earth. Skilled use of Macro-telekinesis has been mistaken for other magic's, such as Earth Magic or Plant Magic, however only as far as a beginner in said magic. The skilled use of Macro-telekinesis could also be mistaken for a single Wind Magic spell as the user could cause themselves to levitate and fly.
Micro-telekinesis refers to the movement of smaller substances and, therefore, is a lot harder to do as it requires a great deal of precision and control. Micro-telekinesis can, due to what it works with, appear similar to other magic's. The easiest use of Micro-telekinesis is the movement of water and other liquids, which can to a degree appear similar to Water Magic. There is also the ability to cause movement in the air or with the wind and can be easily mistaken for Air or Wind Magic. The most difficult use of Micro-telekinesis is often called Pyrokinesis or Cryokinesis. This requires the most control and is the most likely to be confused for another magic, Fire and Ice Magic respectively. The user would raise or lower the temperature by visualizing the movement of the Eternano to either increase or decrease and therefore either set something on fire or freeze it.
Masters of Telekinesis can combine the Macro and Micro levels of this magic to use what has been referred to as Tactile Telekinesis. By using the precision of Micro-telekinesis, the mage cloaks themselves in a layer of their own telekinetic energy just above the skin. Through this, they are capable of approximating feats of super-human strength, flight and a degree of invulnerability, which allows them to deflect solid objects the moment they make contact with the telekinetic energy. Also, by using the precision of Micro-telekinesis, the mage can extend the telekinetic field around objects they make contact with and then lift them using the skills of Macro-telekinesis to appear to have super-human strength. Truly powerful practitioners can after long enough years of refining. They can control the flow from their Magic Origin to inside their brain. Allowing them to cast more powerful Telekinesis spells, without the need of using outside Eternano.
"Hey, asshole, call my chest small again and I'll make you smaller than they are. Ugh, did I just insult myself?"
- Her appearance is based off of Momo Hinamori from Tite Kubo's anime/manga series Bleach.
- She is my first original character on this wiki.
- Her stats are: