Ryos (ライオス, Raiosu)
Human (Dragon Slayer)
Unknown, 400 years ago
|Guild Mark Location||
Twin Dragons of Sabertooth
|Base of Operations||
Ankoku Ranryu (暗黒乱流, Ankoku Ranryū lit. Dark Turbulence)
Fairy Tail Brave Saga
Rogue Cheney (ローグ・チェーニ, Rōgu Chēni) is an S-class Mage of Sabertooth, formerly the strongest guild in the Fiore Kingdom, and the member of its team, Twin Dragons of Sabertooth (剣咬の虎の双竜, Seibā Tūsu no Sōryū). A Third Generation Dragon Slayer, who uses Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic and earned the title of Shadow Dragon (影竜, Eiryū) for having great mastery over his Magic, Rogue is a Dragon Slayer from four hundred years past, who was sent to the future in order to assist in the destruction of Acnologia. As a child, Rogue referred to himself as Ryos (ライオス Raiosu), however, he abandoned this name because of reasons.
As Rogue played a huge role in the last Grand Magic Games and Eclipse Gate project, being involved in a series of different events such as his fight with Gajeel Redfox and the Dragons' Return made by his future self, Rogue was feeling guilty for what was done. Because of this, he decided to go away from his guild for some time, in attempts to master all of his capabilities as a Mage and Dragon Slayer and to deal with all of his inner questions and psychological problems, which he suffered for the last time. After hard training for almost four months, with new-found strength Rogue returned to his guild, however, he is soon recruited by Magic Council. Despite dealing with all of his troubles, Rogue accepted the proposition of becoming a member of its Fiore's Branch as a way to pay for the sins that were made by his future self, moreover, he went through another course of special and high-class training in order to become a sufficient Mage to be called a professional.
Also, with his guildmates from the Sabertooth, he passed a special test, which was made for his entire guild, during which the top of Sabertooth i.e. Rogue, Yukino, Rufus and Orga became its S-class Mages, while Sting was fully recognized as a worthy Guild Master. With that, Rogue helps his partner to hold a guild in good hands in the attempt to never become like a guild they used to be. With a moniker of Stormshadow Hunter (
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History and Synopsis
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Magic and Abilities
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Trivia
Rogue is a slim young man of average height. He has rather messy black hair, which almost reaches down to his shoulders, along with some strands pointing upwards on top of his head and a prominent tuft obscuring most of his forehead. Later, Rogue begin to brush his hair to the right side of his face, covering up his right eye. Strangely, but this hair-style doesn't disturb Rogue, when he's fighting. As few Dragon Slayers have such feat, Rogue has slit eyes' pupils, similar to that of a snake's. Another personas, who had similar eye pupil is Gajeel Redfox, another Dragon Slayer and very close person to Rogue. The colour of Rogue's eyes is red. After his battles at Grand Magic Games' final day and battle against the Dragons, Rogue gained a thin scar across the bridge of his nose. Also, after some time, Rogue put his hair up in a ponytail. The most interesting part of such changes is that, with that scar and ponytail hair-style, Rogue further becomes to look like his evil future self, with the exception of non-missing right eye. Also, like all Dragon Slayers, Rogue possess prominent canine teeth. As a strong mage, Rogue has well-trained body with no scars on it. On left shoulder, Rogue possess a white Sabertooth mark.
When Rogue arrived on Grand Magic Games and firstly showing himself to Fairy Tail, he wore a long, black cape reaching down to his feet, which had golden edges, a much lighter collar circling his neck, and a prominent, white ribbon hanging down on his chest. On its left side, where Rogue has his guild mark on body, the cape beared a light Sabertooth's symbol too. Below it, Rogue wore a plain gray shirt with prominent brown cuffs. From a light sash circling his waist hangs a distinctive, pale blue cloth waistguard, consisting of four long pieces of cloth reaching down below his knees. Each of these pieces is adorned by a large, dark cross with fan-shaped arms. Below such waistguard, Rogue wore black-coloured pants and pair of brown shoes. Also, on his arms and legs, Rogue was seen to have some armour. Each of his biceps was encircled by something like a large metal band. His legs was armored in metal plates, while on the front, these armour plates beared the very same motif which appears on the waistguard. Finally, Rogue had a katana on his waist from the left side.
After Rogue became a S-class Mage, his attire changes drastically. Now he wears a dark-coloured jumper with rolled up sleeves and some rhombus pattern. Under it, he wears black-coloured long-sleeved jersey. On a lower part of his body, he wears black-coloured hakama with red or dark-red sash. Under hakama, it seems, that Rogue's legs are wrapped in bandages and he wears black-coloured boots. Also, Rogue wears a white bandage on his head and white or red long scarf. His katana is carried too.
Beside his new look, Rogue also begin to wear some casual clothes. When he isn't on his missions, he wears blue-coloured plaid shirt and red-coloured vest on it, black jeans and some dark-gray sneakers with some red stripes on it. Also, he wears black-coloured wristband with some light-coloured line on it, on his left hand.
When he firstly appeared, Rogue was seen as the quieter of the Twin Dragon Slayers. He mostly kept a calm face and rarely showed any emotions. Eventually, it seems, that Rogue is an opposite of Sting not only in Magic, but also in personality terms.
When Sabertooth was lead by Jiemma, as one of their five strongest Mages, Rogue wasn't show their usual behavior, as he attend to terms "friend" much higher, that think, that weaklings can not be in the strongest guild. From those times and now, he holds a strong belief on camaraderie, even stating, that friendship is the main reason, whu Sabertooth lost to the Fairy Tail in almost all aspects. After Yukino lost her match against Kagura and was subsequently humiliated and excommunicated by their Guild Master, he told Sting that despite her failure, she was still their comrade. Sting, whereas, merely brushes off Rogue's comment, suggesting that it's the way their Guild works and gave the matter little thought. Rogue does, however, have a softer, caring side for Yukino in that part. Above that, Rogue was indeed the one, who had a soft side in Sabertooth Guild. When his Exceed partner, Frosch, started to fret over being excommunicated because of its lack of strength, Rogue smiles and denounces Frosch's fears as just that, promising that it would be okay as long it was with him. Moreover, he also appears to be unusually kind towards his guild and is very protective of Frosch. He and many of his guildmates were horrified at the "death" of Lector, showing that he cares for his fellow guildmates and was protecting Frosch from Jiemma's anger. Additionally, like most other Dragon Slayers, Rogue suffers from motion sickness.
Rogue also seems to lack the sadistic tendencies shared among several of his guildmates. When Lucy was being tortured by Minerva, Rogue did not join in with his teammates' laughter. Rather, Rogue was looking away from the torture with a displeased expression, and he did not jump to Minerva's aid afterwards, unlike his team.
While Rogue has such good and kind personality, his Dark Side is very opposite to it. The Dark Rogue, how it was called by Sting, is indeed sadistic, bloodthirsty and show no mercy to the weaklings, as it was shown, that when possessed Rogue was overwhelmed Gajeel, he merely wanted to kill Rogue's sworn brother. Moreover, when Rogue's and Gajeel's first round was over, the "Shadow" said, that Rogue must kill his enemy i.e. Gajeel, and that it can give him the strength to do such thing. When Rogue was fighting and later, accepting his Dark Side, the Dark Rogue seems to became very proudly of its host and was very amazed, when Rogue stated, that he won't block his Dark Side ever. In addition to it, when Rogue ended his trainings, Dark Side begin to like his way of behavior, suddenly accepting Rogue's kindness to all beings. Shortly after it, Rogue's Dark Side even begin to help him and give some advices to aid him passively in more strategic and tactic way, serving not only as Rogue's Dark Mode empowerment. Interestingly, that the Dark Rogue mostly liked the Rogue's idea of calling his Dark Mode state as Night Mode, commenting on, that the night itself is more beautiful and not so frighten, than the darkness.
History and Synopsis
Rogue was raised by a Dragon known as Skiadrum, who taught him Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic. When Skiadrum became ill, Rogue used the Magic he was once taught to assist the Dragon in death. At some point in his life, Rogue also implanted Dragon Lacrima into his body, thereby making him a Third Generation Dragon Slayer. Seven years ago, Rogue was a fan and the sworn younger brother of Gajeel Redfox, and desired to join the Phantom Lord Guild, which Gajeel used to be a part of. Also during this time, Rogue changed his name from Ryos as he disliked its meaning.
Note: To see the canon history of Rogue please refer to this link
Initially, Rogue's adventure begins, when his Dark Side again showed up itself. While Sting and Rogue was carrying on some business with Sabertooth's job requests, on the eyes of all their guildmates, Rogue attacks his partner. As Frosch states, that such incident was occurred on Grand Magic Games, when Sabertooth guild was in mess, Sting remembers, how Gajeel and Rogue were fighting and now, he is in the same condition, as Iron Dragon Slayer. After that, Rogue's Dark Side takes even more powerful control over Rogue's body, and Sting re-enter his fight to save his friend. While their battle was like a swing, possessed Rogue eventually took the upper hand. When other top members of Sabertooth run to Eucliffe's aid, possessed Rogue quickly attacked non-prepared Yukino, saying that there are no place for weaklings in the world of strongest. After Sting heard those words, enraged, he shields the Celestial Spirit Mage, after what, he managed to devour Rogue's magic, gaining Dual-Element Dragon Mode. With that power, he quickly defeats possessed friend, freeing him from the control of his Dark Side.
After harsh battle, Rogue decides to go away from the guild in order to not make terrible mistakes. Sting, claiming, that there is no reason for blaming Rogue in the accident, which was occured by Dark Rogue, as he referred to his friend's Dark Side. From that, Eucliffe, as the master and friend, doesn't want to erase the guild mark from Rogue. Thinking about сompromise, the White Dragon Slayer says, that Rogue can go on his departure for a S-class Job, while he will train himself, as Rogue wants to make such thing on a real occasion. In the end, the Shadow Dragon accepts the deal, and taking the request from the Request Board, he began his trainings.
While he was training, Rogue suddenly met two famous Mages - Kagura Mikazuchi, who took the same S-class Job request and Cobra, the Poison Dragon Slayer, who was set free on the official order. After they had a conservation, Rogue created a temporary trio with them, in order to make their goals become fulfilled much faster and in order to make themselves far stronger. After trio made the S-class Job, on the one of such training days, Rogue's Dark Side appears again. While the possession of Rogue was the quickest, as stated by Dark Rogue, it was caught in a trap, which was made by the Rogue himself. As Cobra and Kagura already knew, which problem The Shadow Dragon has, they created a plan to resist to the Dark Rogue. As they begin a three-way fight, it is ended in beating of the Dark Side. While possessed Rogue was attacked by Cobra, who so far blocked all of his attacks, Rogue begin his inner fight within the mind and the Dark Rogue. Such great battle ends in Dark Side's defeat, while Cobra attained his Dual Element Dragon Mode in the same way, as Sting did. Soon enough, Kagura healed all Rogue's wounds, and he connected, now on his own, to his dark powers again. While having a little conservation, Rogue himself begins a battle in his inner world with the Dark Rogue, and thus far, he takes the victory for the first time. Saying, that Dark Side doesn't understand his way of thoughts, Rogue understands, what his Dark Side wants on real. After that, he attained his new power, and as stated by Dark Side, Rogue is the first Shadow Dragon Slayer, who accept its power on his own for the last decade, even if not two.
After Rogue's training is over, his goals, alongside the goals of Kagura and Cobra, are reached, so they go on separate ways. When the Shadow Dragon enters his guild again, he is happily welcomed back, as Sting says, that he believed in Rogue's strength. After that, Sting tells about their past incident in which, after Rogue went berserk, Magic Council now wants to make a special test for the entire Sabertooth guild, as they aren't sure, that such guild can exist. Rogue, on the other hand, accepts the test, saying, that he won't make the mistakes again. In the end, the guild passed the test, while Rogue's was the first from the top of Sabertooth, who earned the S-class Mage title, as he did his S-class Job request well. With all five strongest Sabertooth Mages become S-class Mages, and Sting was freely accepted as the master, Rogue's becomes a Vice-master, which now would help Sting to hold on the guild in their fullest and legal side. Rogue makes a promise, that he will help to make their guild stay strong, and will make sure, that the guild won't return to their old attitude.
From that time, Rogue's life changes drastically. Now, he and Sting helps each other to stay strong as they are training almost everyday. Suddenly for everyone, Rogue became close in relationship with Kagura. Eventually, he became her boyfriend as she happily accept his proposition of such.
- Ankoku Ranryu (暗黒乱流, Ankoku Ranryū lit. Dark Turbulence): Ankoku Ranryu is a new weapon, which Rogue attained in one of the villages, which he visited and eventually saved with Kagura Mikazuchi and Erik. This sword is an extremely powerful one, which is known as Dragon Blade (
聖竜刀剣, Doragon Burēzu lit. Sacred Dragon Swords). In design, this sword is made in the form of a katana blade, being almost jet-black in colour, both within the hilt and the blade itself. Such blades can be crafted only from the Dragon Materials such as Dragolith (工芸の竜水晶, Doragorisu lit. Dragon Crystal of Crafting) and can be used only by living beings, who are related to the great race of Dragons. In the case of Rogue, he received the sword as a payment for what he did in order to save the villagers he met on his way home. As his old sword was broken in a fight with an unnamed Dark Mage, Rogue became a wielder of Dragon Somber Blade (陰気の聖竜剣, Inki no Seiryūken lit. Sacred Dragon Blade of Gloom Energy), which was the only work of the village's blacksmith and his keepsake. Rogue's affinity is a shadow element (possibly, a darkness element too), that's why he can utilize Dragon Blades, which are based on these elements; Ankoku Ranryu has several, common to all Dragon Blades, traits. Firstly, the sword has a limited ability to absorb elemental attacks, particularly, shadow- and darkness-based. The Dragon Blade's elemental power is naturally imbued within the dragon scales in the blade; when focused with the help of the Rogue's magical power, it is capable of launching elemental blasts, which are equal to a Slayer's Roar Spell. If the sword absorbs the wielder's element, it can keep it in a reserved state for some time, after what the wielder would be able to consume it, as the element, which they haven't produced at all. Secondly, the blade is unnaturally sharp, that is able to cleave through anything, even magic blasts effortlessly. It is a result of the blade being reinforced by a powerful alternating current and resonates at extremely high frequencies. As a result, this oscillation weakens the molecular bonds of anything it cuts, thereby increasing its cutting ability. It must be said, that Dragon Somber Blade has its own ability among the other Dragon Blades.
- Stormshadow Hunter's Uniform: coming soon...
Magic and Abilities
Ways of Combat
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Rogue can proudly call himself a great martial artist and a capable warrior. He is a highly trained fighter, who went through many kinds of intensive training: Rogue was tutored by Skiadrum in a Dragon Slayer Magic, the one which almost always requires close contact in a battle. Also, he went through many events and battles, fighting on par and even overwhelming for a while such opponents as Gajeel Redfox and Natsu Dragneel, both are his fellow Dragon-killing comrades. Being able to stand on his own ground even in a fight with a aquatic dragon, Cheney is able to completely outmaneuver his opponents by employing his signature magic; boosting his offensive power, as well as utilizing his shadow form, eventually creates a gap between the Shadow Dragon Slayer and the person he is fighting. With such power, Rogue is capable of not only escaping from the attack without an injury but also of landing blows from different angulations through the use of the evasive form granted to him by either shadow form or Shadow Drive. Even at the usual pace, his punches, kicks, and elbows are quite strong. It is known, that he is able to defeat a whole guild of standard-esque Mages on par with Sting Eucliffe, not breaking into a sweat and even tending to use his magical abilities. The mastery in this type of melee combat greatly increased, when he left his guild for three-months training and eventually was recruited by Magic Council. After his sole training, Cheney was able to fight on par with Erik, another famous Dragon Slayer with a poison element and Sound Magic, which allows him to fully dominate his enemies by hearing their moves. When Rogue became the Council's Stormshadow Hunter, he was thrown into the intensive course of high-class training, which brought his knowledge of Hand-to-Hand Combat to the new levels, which even he didn't expect to attain. Nowadays, black-haired utilizes a mixed martial arts' style with the elements of Boxing, Taekwondo, Krav Maga and finally, the old-fashioned ancient Dragon Race Style, the pinnacle of Rogue's as a bare-handed combatant. Because of the specific rules, which each mentioned style has, and very large dividing in terms of Dragon Race Style, Rogue's attitude at fighting can be described as unpredictable, unstable, unexpected - even if his attacks can be blocked or stopped, while his moves are possible to catch and then keep up with them, he effortlessly is able to change his behavior and strategies, in order to counterattack and continue his assault; moreover, after learning Krav Maga, Rogue considers, that there is a tending to fight for all out in almost every possible way, even if it's amoral, in his improvised battling technique. With all of these, Rogue becomes even more dangerous and frightening, when it comes to his own usage of different weaponry, for example, knives. After he learned, that Future Rogue used shadow-made knives, Shadow Dragon also trained himself in Kali knife fighting, a style which perfectly combines unarmed and armed combat, turning its user in a death-bringing-fighting-machine. With all of the mentioned features, for now, Rogue is able to defeat hordes of enemies not simply alone, but uninjured and without any utilization of his magic, battling equally with extremely powerful fighters on easy terms and engaging the masters of hand-to-hand combat to fight in all out; making Rogue maybe one of the most dangerous martial artist on the entire Fiore territory.
- Expert Weapons Specialist: Aside his magnificent and fearful capabilities as a bare-handed fighter, Rogue also displays an impressive knowledge of a weapon utilization. In short, he managed to become a master swordsman, expert knife and scythe user, which only describes how high is his power level in reality. From the very beginning, he appeared with a katana blade, a trait, which hinted, that he may know something about swordsmanship. By the time of his training, he drastically increased his fighting capabilities in this category. As he was using his katana in battles quite rarely, after Kagura Mikazuchi tutored him, he became a confident user of this weapon; for now, his swordplay is a strict one, it seems, that the style Rogue prefers the most is that of Iaido, however, he didn't manage to fully take over the Kagura's Style of the Undrawn Long Sword. His mastery over the sword allows him to go toe-to-toe with the Kagura herself, who was able to give a harsh battle to Erza Scarlet with a relative ease. Not stopping on that, with his blade Rogue is capable of making many fluent attacks, which would discard his opponent; protecting somebody or himself from a sudden attack of projectiles and even cutting through the most materials, even steel, with relative ease. As Rogue stated himself, he feels, what he must do with his blade, and he is the one, who can lead his blade in the properly using. From such feat, Rogue was even called a Sword Warrior (剣の戦士, Ken no Senshi) by Cobra due to the first one's behavior. But even at this rate, this is only the first steps in what Cheney is capable. After he went through the training session from the Magic Council, Rogue began to use some different weapons alongside his katana blade; the most prominent is a knife. Dragon Slayer shows a high degree of knife fighting, primary in the utilization of the previously mentioned Kali Knife Fighting. Tending to his combat knife, either real or magically created, in close-ranged encounters, Rogue is a dangerous knife user. In most cases, the man holds the knife in his leading hand, the right one, in order to fully dominate his opponent. Slashing, stabbing, parrying the incoming attacks, even a great ability of knife throwing - it is a small part of what Ryos can do. The final signature weapon, which Rogue uses when only a serious and a powerful opponent stays before him, is a scythe. With it, Rogue shows a really astonishing level of not only simple slashing and taking the enemy within a big radius, but indeed, the fluent utilization of scythe weapon art; Rogue can be considered as a capable bo staff user, because he started his scythe wielding training with this weapon at first. When Rogue makes a use of scythe, he tries to quickly stop his opponent, attacking with a range of different strikes and slices, which are possible to deliver a lethal damage to the victim. His attacks with scythe become somewhat wild and mad, more intuitive rather than keeping with some kind of a taught style. As Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic can conjure some not only visible but touchable and dealing damage weapons, Rogue is always able to have a specific weapon by his side; even though he likes a fist fight more, he can give a hard time to any one, who wants to try Rogue's capabilities as a weapon-wielding warrior.
- Greatly Enhanced Physical Strength: Rogue displays enhanced physical strength, as Dragon Slayer and Mage, who constantly trains and gets into action. His pure physical strength allows him to deliver strong melee attacks like punches and kicks to his opponents, the power of which easily surpass that of highly-trained fighters; with his strength, Rogue can lift up things, which are much heavier than he is, and even use them as a weapon with swinging and striking moves, etc. Due to him being a Dragon Slayer, Rogue may possess an even higher degree of physical strength, when he becomes affected by his draconic side i.e. his Draconic Instincts and Darknight Identity; these almost non-magical power-ups make him so powerful, that he literally can destroy his opponents with bare hands. After his training, both on his own and as a part of Stormshadow Hunter's Program, he developed his physical condition to such point, that he may possess early levels of superhuman physical strength, which is a great prowess of his capabilities, even as Dragon Slayer and highly-trained Black OPS Rune Knight.
- Greatly Enhanced Speed and Reflexes: Rogue possesses greatly developed speed and reflexes, even as a Dragon Slayer and highly-trained combatant. He was able to outmaneuver Gajeel during their first battle, though he was in his Drive form at that time. In said state Rogue was limber enough to dodge several of Gajeel's own attacks and spells, and, afterward, effectively counterattacking him on such rate, that the latter wasn't able to catch up with Cheney's erratic movements and protect himself from attacks. As Rogue trained himself hard enough, he developed his speed and reflexes greatly, so that he is capable of gaining speed equal to that in Drive state without efforts, while his reflexes as sharp as he's using the said state always. All of these traits are shown to be done without any magical influence. His overall speed is so great now, that Cheney can deliver a barrage of attacks to his opponent without giving them a single chance to defend themselves, not to mention that any counterattack is forgotten in the case of opponents. Rogue can easily run at the speed of 30 miles per hour, a trait which may shock any training rookie or very impressive person. Rogue can dodge a big amount of attacks thrown at him without efforts, while the attacks of opponents, that are faster than Rogue himself, are blocked in most of the cases. Cheney is able to catch any things thrown to him at high speed with astonishing accuracy, returning them to the one who threw it almost immediately. After his training course at Magic Council, the levels of his speed and reflexes became so high, that black haired easily dodged fire from his target's magical Gatling gun weaponry, after what he quickly leaped on top of a moving magical vehicle accelerating towards with pinpoint accuracy.
- Greatly Enhanced Agility and Dexterity: after training within Stormshadow Hunter's Program, Rogue attained agility and dexterity, which are superior to that of an ordinary Mage and any martial artist. On some of his missions, he showed the ability to leap on top of midsize vehicles and buildings in a single bound and do acrobatic flips avoiding ranged magical attacks into cover. Aside this, Rogue displayed greatly developed dexterity; when the Sabertooth Guild was passing the special trial within Magic Council, he wielded his sword and knife so fluently, that almost all of spectaculars were shocked with a swordplay he managed to attain.
- Greatly Enhanced Durability, Endurance and Stamina: as Dragon Slayer and Stormshadow Hunter, Rogue displays unbelievable levels of durability, endurance, and physical stamina. Even before Rogue went on his training trip, he possessed good physical resilience and a high amount of physical endurance, as he was able to confront two fellow Dragon Slayers at the same time with his partner Sting, eventually witnessing powerful melee blows from both Gajeel and Natsu and undergoing the latter's Fire Dragon's Wing Attack without suffering substantial injuries. He continued to fight and even employed some of his strong techniques afterward, all of these in unison with showing moderate signs of weariness. Even near the end of his battle with Natsu and Gajeel, Rogue was able to perform a mighty Unison Raid with Sting, finally falling after being struck by Natsu's Secret Art. Rogue's capabilities were further shown at the final day of Grand Magic Games, as he firstly had a brawl with Gajeel, who damaged him greatly both with usual attacks and spells from his Dual Element Dragon Mode; afterwards, Rogue had a battle with Levia, a real Dragon, and yet Rogue was able to stand on his ground without big efforts and deliver some damage to the reptilian enemy. After his training, Rogue became much stronger in his physical condition, as he was able to fight on par with Cobra within prolonged time, even though Erik infected Cheney with his poison from the very beginning of their duel. Rogue attained some further "upgrades" from the hands of Magic Council too, as his physical capabilities grew significantly. His muscles, bones and body in overall now are much denser and more resilient than they were; such case was proved, when Cheney on his mission as Stormshadow Hunter, routinely leaped from impressive heights onto hard surfaces and lands without any apparent injury, all of this with saving his momentum at the quick pace of action. His musculature produces far fewer fatigue toxins during physical activity, even lesser than of ordinary Dragon Slayer, not saying anything about ordinary human. In short, Rogue can take a huge amount of damage and continue to fight with so grieving injuries, that in the past he eventually wouldn't make a single movement, losing his battle in such bad state; some of the physical attacks, which could possibly drag down Cheney in past, for now, wouldn’t be able to deliver even some small damage at all, which means, that Rogue is literally unbeatable and universal fighting machine.
Dragon Slayer's Physiology
- Immense Magical Power: To utilize Magic, a Mage must use his or her Magic Power (魔力, Maryoku) in their body. Magic Power is the source of Power for all Mages and it's composed of Eternano (魔子 (エーテルナノ), Ēterunano lit. Magic Particles). Eternano dwells inside all living organisms and throughout the atmosphere. Every Mage has a container inside their body, that determines the limits of their Magic Power alongside being the source, from which a magician derives the power he needs - their own body's Magic Origin (魔原, Magen), a special organ that is located within the body of a magician, that absorbs eternano and bunches it up into clusters, which is processed into magical power. Other source, from which the Mage derives the power he needs is the atmosphere. Usually, the amount of magical power is depended from Mage's physical body, as S-class Mages and Saint Wizards can have almost endless magical reserves. In general, all Mages have their own limits. If their body's case becomes empty, eternano will come from the atmosphere and enters the Mage's body and after a while, their Magic Power is restored. As a very strong Mage of former strongest guild in Fiore and Dragon Slayer of Third Generation, Rogue possesses a great level of his magical power alongside the great reserves. He is able to use his Magical Power in variety of situations, and he even was able to unlock his true power by connecting and accepting his Dark Side, the most unique and dangerous part of his Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic, whose threat was seen and moreover, was feared by almost every single person, who watched the last day of Grand Magic Games. In addition, Rogue is able to make several combination spells with his fellow Dragon Slayer and partner, Sting, who is using an opposite Dragon Slayer Magic in order to make very powerful and dangerous spells.
- Eternano and Magic Power Manipulations: Once the user has mastered their own magic, they are capable of drawing in ambient eternano from the atmosphere, and instead of absorbing it into their magical origin, they are able to manipulate the eternano for offensive, defensive, and supportive purposes in any way that they wish. Along with that, some Mages can master their magic power manipulation, a method, which used by some magicians to control their own magic power for a large variety of different purposes, generally, which are the same as for Eternano manipulation, ranging from offensive and defensive, to physical or magical upgrades. After Rogue went away for his trainings, he made a great work on his Magic Bases, so now, he became a very strong person at such manipulations. As properly use of Darknight Identity requires very good control over the Magic Power, Rogue now is capable of increasing his Magic flows in order to make himself stronger and not losing control, when he is connected to his Dark Side. In addition to it, he is able to charge Eternano particles of other shadows from the surroundings to his own spells in order to make them far stronger. From that point, as stated by both Sting and Cobra, Rogue's spells and his long stay within Darknight Identity has great development and power only due to Rogue's perfect control over both Manipulations of his magic features.
- Magical Aura (魔力の霊気 Maryoku no Reiki; lit. Aura of Magical Power): Magical Aura is a common term given to the exertion of magical energy into a form outside of the user's body that isn't used in the formation of spells. It has been demonstrated by various mages of varying potency, and is a common means of intimidation. A magical aura is created when the body's container of Eternano particles exceeds the limits of what it contains, or is purposefully released by the user. Upon doing so, the magical energy surges around the body and is exerted outwards in the form of an aura, which holds considerable pressure surrounding it. Depending on the level of magical power one possesses and the control behind it, it can be used as a means to intimidate another individual, or as a preparation for a powerful spell. A single magical aura can have a wide variety of effects dependent on the power an individual exerts, which will be outlined in the following sections. Rogue, as S-class Mage of former strongest guild in Fiore has great magic powers. Now, as his trainings are over, he easily can unleash a great magical aura, an ability, which is demonstrated solely by S-Class mages or above in potency. When exerted, the S-Class aura takes the form of an overwhelming level of pressure that surrounds the user in a color that best represents their personality, in Rogue's case, his aura takes some black or dark colours, hinting to his origin as a Dragon Slayer. Also, due to his Dark Side influence, he oftenly displays great difference in his negative emotions appearance within his aura, as he becomes rather very cold, darker and terrifying person. With such trait, he is easily frightened by most of his opponents momentarily. It generally encompasses them in a certain radius, and demonstrates a level of strength that leaves most mages unable to react to it unless they've had continual exposure or exert an aura of similar potency. However, the problem with this aura is that if it used continuously, it can tire an individual. Though considering most S-Class' level of magical power, this is rarely the case. The variety of effects achieved by this aura are noted to be quite high, as it can take the form of different shapes and can be used to repel magical and physical assaults alike.
Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic
Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic (影の滅竜魔法, Kage no Metsuryū Mahō) is a Caster Magic, Lost Magic and a type of Dragon Slayer Magic, that utilizes the element of shadows. This magic is a sub-type of Dragon Slayer Magic, which allows its user or users to transform their physical bodies into a Shadow Dragon's - the user's lungs becomes capable of spewing shadows, the user's skin gains a protection against the shadow element as scales of Dragon. Shadow Dragon Slayers are able to produce and control shadows from any part of their body, which can be used both in melee for an offense and a defense. The shadows of Shadow Dragon Slayers is far different from a standart shadow and Shadow Magic, because of its incredibly slicing ability. Also, such shadows can be conjured even in a weapon form, in which they even can deal a real damage as a real-life weapon, of which form they were conjured. In addition, Shadow Dragon Slayers can consume external sources of shadows to restore their body to a healthy state and regain their reserves of strength, something that also makes them immune to the most types of shadows, due to their capability of nullifying shadow-based attacks by sucking them in and eating them. However, the user can’t eat their own shadows to reinvigorate themselves. Finally, as unique to Shadow Dragon Slayers, they are capable to turn their body in a shadow form, enhancing their movements, speed and gaining the intangibility. But, when caught tangible or fighting another user of Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic, Shadow Dragon Slayers anyway can take the damage.
For now, Rogue has a great mastery over his magic, using it for different purposes and in different ways, not only in battle situations. With all features of Shadow Dragon, Rogue can adapt to almost every situation. He can use some strong shadow-based spells, create various weapons in order to protect himself and increase his capabilities as a fighter. Rogue easily can be claimed as a master of his Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic, because he is the one, who have awakened and connected to his Dark Side for the last decade. With this, he can activate his Darknight Identity, a special Shadow Dragon Slayer's art, in order to make himself far more stronger. Finally, as a Third Generation Dragon Slayer, he is able to freely use his Dragon Force state.
- Shadow Dragon's Roar (影竜の咆哮, Eiryū no Hōkō): Rogue’s signature Dragon’s Roar that incorporates the element of shadow. Rogue quickly gathers and releases a large burst of shadows from his mouth. With such attack, it’s possible for Rogue to deliver not only blunt damage from the sheer power of Roar spell, but also a cutting damage, thanks to the unique slicing property the shadow element possesses.
- Shadow Dragon's Slash (影竜の斬撃, Eiryū no Zangeki): roughly speaking, this spell works as an alternative way of using Dragon’s Fist spell. Rogue covers his palm or arm in shadows, after what attacks his target with either a punch or hand thrust. Due to the specific shadow mechanics, this spell has great cutting property, because of what Rogue can deal not simply a big damage, but some accurate damage as well.
- Shadow Dragon's Crushing Fang (影竜の砕牙, Eiryū no Saiga): Rogue gathers shadows around his palm, after what he gouges his target, quickly swiping his hand in a manner of a scratching attack. Not only it’s possible for him to deliver great cutting damage to his target, but he can increase the attack’s range with the help of his element, making it a great lashing attack as well, something that can catch the target off guard and create a momentum for the next successive attack.
- Shadow Dragon's Claw (影竜の鉤爪, Eiryū no Kagizume): Rogue covers his leg or feet in shadows, and then unleashes a kick attack against his target. Adding a cutting property of shadows to the spell, Rogue is able to deliver a truly strong attack that uses a union between cutting and blunting damages.
- Shadow Dragon's Waxwing Flash (影竜の連雀閃, Eiryū no Renjakusen): Rogue takes on a Shadow Form, after what wraps himself around the target and assaults them with a torrent of feather-like shadows. The shadows are generated from his hands, after he becomes tangible once more. In general, this spell could be used as a surprise attack, as well as being an attack that Rogue’s opponents must reckon with.
- Shadow Dragon's Scales (影竜の鱗, Eiryū no Ringa): Rogue gathers shadows in his hand or hands, after what shoots a barrage of dark spheres made out of his element to bombard his target or targets at high speed. Depending on the situation, Rogue can also change the exact properties of his spheres like form, density and damage type, even reaching such level, that his attack could cause a small-scale explosion, after contacting the target.
- Shadow Dragon's Vortex (影竜の渦, Eiryū no Uzu): Rogue extends his shadow in length, creating a swirling vortex under his targets, after what pulling them down into the shadow, without leaving any of their traces. Depending on Rogue’s intention, he can pull and absorb whatever amount of targets he wishes.
- Shadow Dragon's Eruption (影竜の噴火, Eiryū no Funka): Rogue gathers shadows in his hand, throwing them into the ground, after what it bursts into a shadowy geyser that not only hits the target from underneath, but sends into the air with a great blunt force. If Rogue desires it, he can concentrate on the cutting properties in order to deliver grievous wounds to his target/targets.
- Shadow Dragon's Sharp Threads (影竜の切糸, Eiryū no Kiriito): Rogue’s exclusive version of White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk Spell. After he gathers the shadows on his hands, he releases thin shadowy beams from fingertips, heavily damaging his targets with a multitude of slicing beams. So far, Rogue uses this spell as his signature ending spell, whenever he fights stronger opponents without Sting's aid.
- White Shadow Dragon's Rough Silk (白影竜の絁, Hakueiryū no Ashiginu): White Shadow Dragon’s Rough Silk is one of a few spells that requires a synchronization between Rogue and his partner, Sting, not in a dissimilar way to Unison Raid. Just like with the Sharp Threads’ spell, Rogue releases thin shadowy beams, while Sting releases the same beams of light, from his fingertips. Combining the barrages of light and shadow, the Dragon Duo creates a multitude of beams that pierces and slices their target in a rapid succession in all direction, eventually heavily damaging them.
- Shadow Dragon's Weaponry (影竜の兵器, Eiryū no Heiki): Rogue’s set of molding-like spells, which indicates the specific nature or their purpose in each individual case. In short words, Rogue creates shadow-based weapons for combat or for use with other spells. Mostly, Rogue creates cold steel arms.
- Shadow Dragon's Blade (影竜刃, Eiryūjin): Rogue gathers his shadows in his hand, shaping them into a knife/blade form. Creating a sharp blade that has all the properties of a real one, Rogue can use it as a throwing weapon, attacking his targets with a high speed from a distance, or for close combat, which greatly is in tune with his knife fighting skills.
- Shadow Dragon's Black Whips (影竜の黒鞭, Eiryū no Kuromuchi): Rogue's new spell that he created after his lone training. He gathers the shadows in his hands, after what shapes them either in black tendrils or real-like whips. With a lot of variants at his disposal, Rogue usually utilizes the spell to bind his targets or to make a leashing attack. The said attack from a whip allows bringing a moderate damage to the target, even creating bleeding wounds, or to simply attack in a rapid succession, from different angles. In lesser cases, Rogue might be using the spell to increase his own mobility, when it’s impossible to take on Shadow Form, by grabbing onto objects, to help other people by using his whip as a kind of a rope.
- Shadow Drive (
三代竜力演・片陰遁, Shadō Doraibu lit. Third-Generation Dragon Power Amplification: One-Sided Shadow Release): Rogue’s basic supportive spell that allows an amplifying of his performance. Not as strong as Dragon Force, yet this spells allows entering of a state that brings out Rogue’s potential. Drive enhances his physical prowess, particularly his speed, makes his spells stronger, and gives an opportunity to use Drive-exclusive skills and moves. Aside from improved performance, Rogue’s initial ability to morph in-and-out of shadows also becomes enhanced, as now he enters the shadows easier, and his fighting style becomes swifter and more elusive. In terms of appearance, Rogue grants a shadowy aura that cloaks him completely, continuously rising from his body; not only that, but Rogue’s eyes become obscure, leaving only his irises visible.
- Dragon Force (
竜の力, Doragon Fōsu lit. Power of Dragon): it is an advanced ability, an ultimate form, which can be reached by an every Dragon Slayer. When a Dragon Slayer enters this form, they effectively turns into a humanoid Dragon, gaining reptilian scales and traits, such as elongated and sharper canine teeth and scale-like patterns on their skin. It's a most powerful state of Dragon Slayers, which gives them a power, that can be compared to that of a real Dragon. Dragon Force greatly increases the damage done by standard Dragon Slayer spells and grants the user access to more advanced and powerful attacks. It also drastically enhances the user's physical prowess, making them far stronger, more resistant to damage, faster, and considerably boosts their Magic Power, which becomes visible, taking the appearance of a Dragon. When exuded at its fullest, said Magic Power takes on a violent corporeality, likely as a result of the immense amount of Magic power employed. Being a product of the Third Generation of Dragon Slayers, Rogue is capable of entering the one of the most powerful form of the Dragon Slayer at his will, without the need to consume strong, external sources of Magic. Such a feat greatly surprised those who had intimate knowledge of Dragon Slayer Magic. When this state is activated, Rogue's body becomes much more akin to an actual Shadow Dragon's, with his whole body becoming covered in an shadow aura, which is even thicker and darker than that provided by Shadow Drive, and with thick dark intricate scale-like patterns appearing to cover the outer edges of his face, underneath and around his eyes, extending down from the side of his neck and onto the rest of his body. These are shown to be more and more uniform as they get farther from the central portion of his body, which instead bear several scattered, distinct scales, elongated and placed diagonally. These patterns serves as is dragon's scales. Not only in appearance, but Rogue achieves even greater boost in his powers, as his speed becomes in several times higher, than in Shadow Drive. His shadows also become very strong due to Dragon Force influence. With that, Rogue created and trained several spells, that he was inspired by his partner's arsenal in Dragon Force state, and also uses his basic spells in enhanced version too.
- Aura Synthesis (霊気の合成, Reiki no Gōsei) is a Subspecies Magic, a type of both illusionary and magical skill technique used only by First or Third Generation Dragon Slayers bringing out the illusion of what it seems to be a real dragon’s aura, scaring and nearly paralyzing the opponent due to the immense amount of aura threw at them. By giving shape and size to his aura, the user expands his aura until a certain distance giving it any shape he desires such as a sphere or just a normal aura, by then, anything that enters the area covered by the aura which can be invisible will be felt by the user of it, yet this is very tiring to be kept for so much time since it drains so much eternano to keep it, some expert and master users of this magic are able to extend it to a very big distance, with the highest being so far 200 meters depending on the shape of the aura. This technique also has a more faster version in which the user gathers the eternano fastly as he burst it towards an area, both people who were and who weren’t hit by the burst will begin to see the illusion of a Real Dragon standing at the side of the user, fear will begin to be instilled into the opponent due to the frightening features made by the Dragon which appears as a non-physical manifestation of one’s aura and strength. It is described as the power which imitates real Dragon's immense magical aura, however many Dragon Slayers aren't capable of using this, for using it, they must've at least have a immense magical power and a immense physical durability and endurance for their body to resist the deploy of so much magic and for their magic to don't go off too quickly. It seems, that only First or Third Generation Dragon Slayers are capable of using it because they are the only generations which experienced a Dragon's presence in the past. As Rogue was training within three-four months to become stronger, he discovered the ability of bringing his aura to the point of dragon appearing, alongside as he learned his Darknight Identity powers. With it, at some point, while battling Cobra, Rogue accidentally bring the illusion of his own foster father, Skiadrum. After several trainings, Rogue reached a quite level of this Magic, as he was able to freely create the astral vision of Skiadrum. Apparently, as the element of Dragon Slayer may influentiate how their Aura works or reacts with the environment, in Rogue's case, he was able to learn, how to sense people by their own shadows, while they enter the zone of his Aura. So far, Rogue can reach his Aura for 150-200 meters.
- Darknight Identity (
影性の滅魔法・憎悪の呪縛と暗面の覚醒, Dākunaito Aidentiti lit. Shadow-Natured Destroying Magic: Hatred Curse and Dark Side Awakening): the most unique and a secret art of the Shadow Dragon Slayer Magic. It's a very rare ability, which can be awakened by a Shadow Dragon Slayer, who reached their full potential. Because of its unique capabilities and effects on the user's body, it's highly lost and abandoned even within the Shadow Dragon Slayers. As every Shadow Dragon Slayer has their own Dark Sides, which are representing their darkest and negative emotions, they can achieve a great force, from using such state. The Dark Side can take control over the user's body, how it happened to Rogue in his battle with Gajeel. With some training and reaching the peak of their power, Shadow Dragon Slayers can connect to their Dark Side and when they will accept it as their own part, they can fully control their new-found strength. Dark Side's source are user's emotions, so the power of Dark Side is directively depend on which emotions user has. When possessed or using this Mode, the body of user attains some shadow markings, and when the user has a deep connection to his Dark Side, they can attain even more shadowed appearance, as their parts of body become covered in black-coloured shadows. When using it, both physical and magical performances of the user grows in several times, as it was shown with Rogue. The user of Dark Side attain a better control over their shadows, as well, as become more cruel and savage fighter, who relies on their own instincts and physical capabilities, which can reach the level of becoming a berserker, who doesn't matter on his wounds and body's condition and has no hesitation in greatly harming or even killing somebody. The user is also able to use some new spells, while his own spells become stronger and taking more shadows in using. As a first user of this mode for the last decade, Rogue possesses great control over his Dark Side, which is already the remarkable feat for him. The Dark Rogue, as it was called by Sting Eucliffe, takes its power from Rogue's positive emotions, however used to take his negative emotions. Also, as Rogue has great control over his Dark Side, he can enter his Darknight Identity fully and partially. When entering this mode partially, Rogue's appearance changes to what he had, when he was firstly ever possessed. With this, both of his physical and magical performances become enhanced for 50%. His appearance changes, as he gains something like cape from his shadows and shadow markings on his body. When entering fully, Rogue's shadow markings changes, as he gets special markings near his eyes, which Future Rogue had on his face and body also becomes covered in shadows, as they take the appearance of a long scarf, when Rogue faces the strongest enemies. When used on full, Rogue's power become enhanced on 100%, i.e. in four or even five times, by his words. Eventually, as with Dragon Force, Rogue uses some other spells with his enhanced version of spells. In order to use it, Rogue wraps himself in a shadow whirl, after what, activating his new mode.
Unison Raid (
- Holy Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (聖影竜閃牙, Seieiryū Senga): Both Sting and Rogue firstly create a sphere of their respective elements with from their hands. After such large amount of shadows and lights are released, Rogue combines this with Sting's light, after what, a team releases a fusion of these spheres as a powerful burst of light and shadows at the target. Sadly, but the full power of their Unison Raid is unknown, however, it hinted, than when they use it in their Dragon Force states, the power of their Unison can be considered as similar to the Natsu Dragneel's Exploding Flame Blades Spell, which he used to stop the combined attack.
- This character was approved by Perchan.
- According to Jason from the Sorcerer Magazine, during his participation in the Grand Magic Games of X791, Rogue had very high stats. After his training, when Rogue became a S-class Mage and Stormshadow Hunter, his stats were changed, while his Special Stat has fully changed from "Shadowness" to "Bad Guy's Coolness":
|Bad Guy's Coolness||