- "It is in my truest nature to help others; to protect and love them. For it brings me no greater joy in life than to see others happy and safe. It is these values on which I will build a guild that everyone can call home."
- — Samarra Inari
|Post Timeskip | Pre Timeskip|
Lady Komainu (女性の狛犬, Josei no Komainu)
Elite Custody Enforcement Unit
|Base of Operations||
Koma Inu Guild Hall
In a relationship with Theodore Vroman
Samarra Inari (さむら・いなり, Samura Inari) was the founder and first master of the notorious guild Koma Inu. Her kind spirit is the embodiment of the guilds core values of humility, forgiveness, strength, and acceptance. It is these traits that make her easily admirable and gives her the innate ability to become good friends with anyone she comes across.
Her ability to assess as situation and quickly devise a plan has given her the nickname The Flash Tactician (閃光軍師 Senkō Gunshi) among many guild and council members. Her skills are particularly useful when it comes to search-and-capture missions; which is why Samarra had served time as a mage in the Magic Council's Elite Custody Enforcement Unit. Her skills and strength in the practice of magic and its employment has proven itself in its capabilities of subduing dark guild masters and even generals of powerful military countries. It is this strength, and her positive radiate demeanor that had given her the honor of become a mage of the Ten Wizard Saints.
She is a natural born leader, having the innate ability to gain peoples trust through kindness and respect. The drive she possesses to make the world a better place for its inhabitants has lead her to create the Toveri Alliance; a coalition dedicating to protecting the people. She has hopes that one day this alliance will encompass all guilds of Fiore, as to unify it's members based on an acceptance and caring disposition towards all of the alliance members. She had even gained such trust of the dozen guilds within the alliance that she has been elected it's grand leader two times in a row.
These leadership skills also translate over into her role in Koma Inu's Magical Academy, or better known as K.I.M.A. Her role as the Department Head of Magic, as well as the academy's top teacher in Combat Tactics, shows that she possesses the knowledge and ambition to shape young mages of Fiore into the best that they can be.
Appearancemany men who have fallen for her beauty and charm.
Perhaps why her satin skin seems to glow is because it's her inner beauty that lights her aquamarine eyes and softened her delicate features. When she smiles and laughs you can't help but smile along too. She makes those in her company feel as if they are the center of the universe, that they were warmed by the sun's encompassing rays, and that just makes the radiance of her being comparable to the stars.
She has chestnut brown hair that falls in soft wavy layers around her more broad shoulders. She has a rather thin physique, but a defined musculature honed through years of training. The gentle curves of her body are statuesque and sway gently in her graceful gait, causing the eyes to roll gently over her entire form. The turquoise colors she wears both add a simple beauty to her overall look, but also accentuate the passion alive in her eyes. Her fashion sense is cute, yet comfortable, and has practical simplicity that accentuates her form. The constant item in her wardrobe however, is a small crystal necklace hanging gently from her neck that is used as a communication lacrima between her, her beasts, and her guild members so she can always stay connected.
Samarra has a very loving and caring personality, and so she treats all those she meets with kindness. She has a rather mellow disposition, not getting truly mad very often. The young lady plays a very motherly role within the guild, welcoming all those who enter with a warm smile. She has a strong moral sense, upholding the guild's code of acceptance, kindness, loyalty and strength. She keeps a very humble disposition, and holds a great respect for those who do the same. She does, however, have a tendency to underplay her accomplishments, and while her kindness is often respected, more cynical and selfish people have often tried to take advantage of her dedication and humbleness by pushing work onto her and then taking the credit; but Samarra has gained the knowledge of knowing when to stay no to avoid stressing herself out
Naturally social, an odd quality considering she would call herself an introvert, she uses her excellent memory to retain data and trivia, but also to remember people, and details about their lives. Her ability to connect with others on an intimate level is unrivaled, and the joy she experiences in using those connections to maintain a supportive, happy relationship is what keeps her happy every day of the year. She does her best to show those of her guild how much she loves them, using her imagination and natural sensitivity to express her gratitude for being surrounded by such wonderful people.
She is fiercely loyal to her friends and will go to any lengths to protect them. He is also very protective during a battle, showing that if she deems an ally is in danger, she will quickly rush to his/her aid, regardless of protests from her comrade. The only exception is when her comrade specifically says that the fight is personal, and so Samarra will respect their wishes and only intervene in in death threatening situation. Rather than performing sporadic, excited rushes that leave things half finished, she is rather meticulous and careful, taking a steady approach and bending with the needs of the situation just enough to accomplish the end goals.
She is highly intuitive, giving her the ability to read between the lines with curiosity, energy, and fairly good accuracy. Also quite perceptive, Samarra is able to examine and read her enemies magic, attacks and motives. She has a tendency to move through a battle as though it were a giant chess board, pieces constantly shifting with consideration and intelligence, always assessing new tactics, strategies and contingency plans, constantly outmaneuvering her opponent in order to maintain control of a situation while maximizing her freedom to move about. She is very intelligent and a good judge of character, able to read a person's subtle cues while interacting with them, making it relatively easy to decipher what their next move will be so that she can have them play into her hand. Dubbed The Flash Tactician, she is able to analyze an enemies attacks and quickly coordinate her teams movements to neutralize their target. Her highly perceptive abilities, as well as her tactical skills, makes her a great fit as a guild master.
Growing up as the daughter of a royal family may have adversely affected others, but for Samarra, this was not the case. The Inari Family is a well know royal family situated in the Capital of Crocus. Her family had been classified as one of Ishgar's Noble Dynasties due to it’s influence in both political and economical matters. Although being raised as a privileged individual may have lead other to become vain and egocentric, the Inari Family prides itself on their generosity and benevolent compassion. It is this central dogma Samarra’s parents wished to pass on, and is part of what shaped Samarra into being the kind-hearted person she is now.
It was her father, Aldrich Inari, who taught Samarra the way of magic and helped her hone her physical and mental skills. Starting at the age of five with her training, Samarra was required to spend hours a day rigorously training in both hand-to-hand combat and ethernano manipulation. She fell in love with the experience of combat and was fascinated by the feeling of magic flowing through her veins. When training and school was done for the day, she would spend countless nights developing her mental processing skills; reading up on books of magic and historical wars, seeing how she could learn from the mistakes of others to help better improve herself. A favorite thing she enjoyed doing was setting up a chess board with each piece representing a certain platoon in her history book. She would follow along with the historical path of battle, seeing how they would end up in a stalemate or checkmate, and then she would go through it again with her own plan to try and force the opposing side into checkmate. Samarra worked tirelessly to make her father proud, her determination in becoming a strong mage showed in the way that she continuously worked on improving both mentally and physically.
Even after a defeat during her sparring matches with her parents or siblings, she would continue to train until the brink of exhaustion. Her father admired her tenacity and felt pride even when he would have to carry her tired body inside to rest after a long day of training. With his help Samarra was able to master Lightning Magic fairly quickly, being able to use it fluidly by the time she reached age nine, and was even able to teach her siblings a few spells in the back of the family dojo when she had time. When the time came that her father had deemed her abilities worthy enough, she was able to take part in the Fox Selection Ceremony. It was around the age of ten that Samarra would make her first contract with an Ōkami Fox named Kyna.
The Inari family has a long standing relationship with a special breed of magical foxes. These foxes all have varying strength, but all are highly intelligent and excellent trackers. Having had their relationship stand through many generations, it is a very important ceremony when an Inari family member first makes a contract with a fox. This signifies their status among the family and marks their abilities as a mage. When the fox skulk leader looked into the eyes of Samarra she knew that a fox of excellent standing would fit well with this mage who had so much more growing to do. The fox that was chose went by the name of Kyna, and was prized for her patience and tracking abilities.
Samarra continued to train while attending school, but her hours spent training her body dropped a bit when she passed the entrance exams for a few different colleges. Getting in at the early age of 13 was not an uncommon occurrence for those of the Inari Family due to the heavy push of advancing education at the home school program in the Inari Household. Deciding to focus on the biological sciences, with an emphasis in physiology, Samarra chose one of the more astute university of Fiore and went through its program in three years to attain her Bachelor of Sciences in Biology with a minor in Physiology. She would later come back to this school to get her Masters
During her time in school she had gotten in with the Rune Knights of the Magic Council, wanting to have a financial way that she could use to continue to train as well as pay for her education. She had forged her age on the application, knowing that a fifteen year old was still two years shy of the serving age, but serving the people of Fiore is something she wanted from the bottom of her soul. She flew through the training camp and earned high marks in her Knight evaluation, but the guilt of lying got to her and force her to confess her true age. During her Knighting Ceremony she had been awarded service in the Elite Custody Enforcement Unit, having shown excellent skills in detainment and defense, as well as a high moral standing in her psychological evaluation. But before she could accept she admitted that she was two years shy of enlistment age. After having contacted her parents, whom supported her decision to enlist, as well as having a meeting among the Heads of each unit, they were willing to accept her in as long as she would not go on high risk missions until she met the age requirement. Samarra faithfully served in the Elite Custody Enforcement Unit for a total of five years, having switched to a more “part-time” position when other activities became too time consuming in her post-graduation life. So during her time as a member of the Rune Knights, she had graduated from university, the graduation was one of immense pride for her and her family, and one of the more joyous days she got to spend with her loved ones.
Shortly after this ceremony her mother, Belinda Inari, fell ill with an Anti-Ethernano Tumor in the frontal lobe of her brain. Doctors at the time had no sure way at the time to deal with such a disease, and so all they could do was treat the symptoms. Her mom slowly lost the ability to speak and became paralyzed on the whole right side of her body, the tumor having cut off blood supply in her brain causing Belinda to have a multitude of minor strokes. After only a year her mom’s body began shutting down, starting with her kidneys and working its way to her heart. Samarra was proud of her mom for fighting for so long, but the event took a toll of Samarra’s emotional state and has left a deep scar on her till this day. With the passing of her mother, Samarra left her family home in search of a new beginning as she approached adulthood. It was then that she found herself in the town of Onibus, eager to see if they were home to a guild that she could join and have new experiences. Having run into some trouble with a resident dark guild on her journey, Samarra’s task was sidetracked as took it upon herself to root out this dark guild who was oppressing the members of this town. The dark guild was actually that of a subdivision of a larger guild, named Shattered Dusk; a guild who would later return to spite her. Having successfully driven away the small band of thugs, Samarra took it upon herself to protect these people and founded the guild Koma Inu in order to help those around her and provide a home for mages in search of a purpose.
She still manages to visit her father from time to time, and was summoned back when her father announced that he would be retiring in the upcoming years and would beginning training the new head of the family. With a nomination process that takes place across the entire family, Aldrich submitted both her, her adopted brother Shin, and her older brother Hiro for review; as they were the only two mages of suitable age to take on the role of Head of Household as well as the task of managing the families businesses and diplomatic services. Having gone through an intelligence competition, situational demonstration, as well as physical feat to show their competence and ability to perform the necessary tasks required of the Head of Household, Samarra eventually won favor of her father in the competition. He found that Samarra excelled in all areas and was more than a qualified leader due to her leadership displayed with her notorious guild. Samarra was honored by the offer and experience, but had to decline due to her overwhelming love for her guild; it was just something she couldn’t leave behind. Her brother Shin was the next likely choice, but honorably declined as well, leaving her brother Hiro to take on the role.
Samarra served her guild for close to 12 years, having gone through trials and tribulations along the way, but always coming out on top. She has great pride in what has become Fiore’s largest guild, holding each of her members as family and always striving to make the guild hall feel like home to them. She hopes to continue expanding her new family, what with their new ties in the Toveri Alliance, and the young minds they are shaping at Koma Inu's Magical Academy. She continues to search for new ways to improve herself and tackle any obstacle that comes her way.
Lightning Magic(雷系各種魔法, Kaminari Kei Kakushu Mahō): In order to manifest Lightning Magic, Samarra is able to modify her magical energy into that of electrons. Being able to alter the movement on electrons,she is able to control, generate, and absorb electrical fields. Her father, Aldrich Inari, taught her a great deal of spells while she was growing up; contributing to her affinity for this element. She is capable of altering electric fields, even that of electromagnetic fields, to perform a variety of unique abilities that only comes with those who have a mastery over the element. She can generate electricity on different parts of her body, capable of causing her attacks in melee to become far deadlier; even capable of propelling herself at high speeds in order to gain extra momentum or offer protection against combat attacks from others.
- Heaven's Rain(天国の雨 Tengoku no Ame): This widespread attack is used in collaboration with her Summoning Magic. Samarra first pulls out a scroll from the pockets around her waist, or by summoning it through her INDO bracelet. She will then throw it up in the air, the scroll unraveling during its flight and opening up to reveal a multitude of pre-placed seal up and down its ivory surface. She then manipulates the ethernano stored within the seal to cause it to unbind and release its stored content. A small puff of smoke can be seen as a byproduct of the energy stored within, and from the smoke, a barrage of 5,000 senbon needles come shooting out of the scroll. The scroll itself is able to span over a distance of 45 feet, unraveling at a rate of one foot per second, giving it a decent range to entrap enemies. Even though the scroll itself has a width of 6 inches, the amount of force expelled when the seal is unbound sprays the needles out in a conical shape that reaches an area in a twenty foot diameter from its point of origin. With the senbon come into contact with the air they are enveloped in a thin layer of Lightning Magic to improve their lethality. When the lightning envelops the senbon, it looks as if there are raindrops of light falling from the sky, a sight that has given this attack its name. When the senbon hit the intended target a stabbing pain can be felt, something that is amplified due to the instant contraction of muscles due to the electricity. Although the current is not strong enough to scar tissue, it will hit vital pressure points that can leave a mage immobile for up to 30 minutes.
- Luminous Cloak(発光マント Hakkō Manto): Samarra coats herself in a shroud of lightning that increases the damage of her attacks, as well as greatly increases her speed. This is due to the increased synaptical transmission speed in the action potentials caused by the electrical current surrounding her body. Her speed has been noted to increase six fold, giving the appearance that she is merely floating on the earth, for her feet only touch the ground for miliseconds before exploding into another powerful stride. Samarra has broke this limit by combining it with her High Speed Magic, giving her such speeds that it looks as if she is teleporting to those with untrained eyes. When wearing this cloak the light given off by the lightning can help blind the enemy, making it extremely useful, especially in close combat. the photobleaching of the opponent can last for over 2 minutes depending on the exposure, and direct visual contact with the cloak for over 3 minutes can cause permanent retinal damage. Although those who have an affinity towards Light or Lightning Magic are immune to it's visual effects, as the ethernano that flows through their body has altered the physiology of their rods and cones, making it possible to withstand such intense lumens. An added benefit of this form is the resistance to lightning based attacks, as they become integrated with the luminous cloak, reinforcing it's properties. The strength of a punch in this lightning clad form is able to easily break through brick, stone, and weaker metals; but given the output of ethernano into the cloak, the power of a mages physical skill can be increased.
- Lightning Body (
雷体化, Raitoningu Bodi lit. Lightning Body Transformation) is a staple amongst extremely powerful Lightning Magicians.When performing Lightning Body, Samarra integrates Lightning Magic into their flesh and fuses it with their body. In doing so, they become a mass of electrically charged particles. Once they have become a mass of charged particles, they separate positively charged particles from their body and positions them to create a certain extent of an electrical field. The charged particles and electrical field can be changed at will from a latent state to an active one, and vice versa, by Samarra, who has taken the Lightning Magic into their body. When the electrical field becomes active, its powerful electric potential difference draws the negatively charged particles that make up their body toward the positively charged particles of the field with tremendous force; turning themselves into a lightning bolt, whose size can vary from mere, fast-moving sparks to large pillars of lightning. Together with the signature intangibility of Elemental Magic, which allows Samarra to let physical and magical attacks pass harmlessly through their body when they're transformed, this form also grants Samarra some traits typical of real lightning: they're shown capable of freely moving around at high speed and to travel over long distances, rapidly appearing at their destination from places away from sight as though as they are teleporting, as well as to electrocute everything crossing their path, with the voltage of their bodily electricity being high enough to wreak havoc. Due to the velocity in which Samarra attacks, Samarra's attacks are enhanced drastically; however, her attacks become more predictable the more that the battle drags on, and when transporting themselves, Samarra can only transport to one point of a place per transport, changing a point in space is next to impossible during transport.
- Raiton Bullets (レートン弾丸 Reeton Dangan): By positioning her hand to mimic the appearance of a gun, Samarra release concentrated electrical energy in the form of a bullet. Samarra has been shown to fire these these versatile bullets to perform both offensive and defensive moves, dependant on the amount of ethernano put into them. This attack is typically packed with 120 milliamperes (mA) of electricity that, when shot, spark uncontrollably on their path to the target. When they make contact with the target a bullet can cause extremely painful shock, respiratory arrest, and severe muscle contractions over the entire body. Samarra can even "charge" this attack by flooding the bullets with excess eternano, causing the particles within the bullets to become excited, making the output of her shot up to 1,030 millamperes! This is a shot that will cause ventricular fibrillation, full muscle contraction, and long term nerve damage. When this Rajin Shot (雷神ショットRaijin Shotto) hits the target straight on, death is almost certain.
- Raiton Dance(レートンダンス Reeton Dansu): First Samarra will concentrate her ethernano into the palm of her hand, causing a small glow to spread out as this technique is activated, encircling her hand in a crackling blue lightning as multiple streams of lighting are sent out to attack the enemy.The spread of these beams can cover a distance of 260 feet straight, and 35 feet across, making it one of most widespread and threatening attacks in Samarra’s arsenal. The beams themselves are always connected at the point of origin, allowing Samarra to alter the beam's direction after being shot by the aid of expert ethernano manipulation. This makes it possible to strike multiple enemies with pinpoint accuracy, even bypassing hostages held in close proximity. The beams start off at a thickness of 8 inches from their point of origin, and gradually get more thin as the travel down their path, ending at a mere quarter inch thickness at their maximum length. A unique trait about this spells is her ability to increase the number of beams to a substantially large amount, splitting them in half in the process. An initial attack can generate 15 different beams, each which can easily be controlled by Samarra. But should she desire to split them up towards their 480 beam maximum, the maneuverability of the arrows lessens, turning the attack into more of a barrage, rather than a pinpoint attack.
- Raijin's Wrath(雷神の怒り Raijin no Ikari): By gathering and generating electricity between her open facing palms, Samarra can clap her hands together to bring about a massive spear upon release. This spear can be wielded like that of a normal weapon, but it’s electric construct makes it a deal a great bit of damage if even a graze from it occurs. The spear itself stands about 7 feet tall, but it is connected with a lightning chain that is freely shaped and manipulated by Samarra. It connects on her right wrist and can increase the combat range of the spear by an additional 5 feet. The main wrath of this spear comes from its impact in the earth when it is launched at an opponent. When thrown, it produces a massive blast of lightning behind it to increase it’s speed, allowing for optimal power to penetrate even the thickest of steel. When it digs the tip of its spear into an object, whether that be a person or the earth, the spear will look as if it is collapsing, the lightning compressing down and traveling into the earth. When the length of the spear has traveled down into the earth it will spiderweb out in a 20 foot radius, where merely 2 seconds after impact, the lightning hidden beneath the earth will shoot up like a multitude of geysers. The lightning bolts will cover every square feet of space in its domain, ensuring that even if it’s target escaped the initial pierce of its blade, it will be struck by its secondary means of electrocution.
- Electroblade(エレクトロブラド Erekutoroburado): Molding lightning into Samarras hands, they are able to manifest a blade of lightning that is extremely durable, inhumanly sharp, and having the capability to simply cleave through even the toughest of materials, magical and non-magical in nature. This spell is easily able to pierce steel and destroy rock to rubble. Through advance manipulation and ethernano output a user's blade would be able to slice cleanly through a building of 10 feet across. The blade itself can extend up to a distance of 25 feet, with a thickness of 4 inches. The shorter the blade, the thicker it can become, as well as the more concentrate the electricity can become. When it comes into contact with a living subject, the lightning will cause immediate muscle contraction, triggering the voltage gated channels on the targets muscles. These contractions can last for 8 seconds for every second of exposure from the blade. This is only a byproduct from the actual cutting power of the blade, as the high frequency of the lightning ethernano can easily cut through flesh. Should Samarra desire the need, they can even branch out the blade to impale multiple enemies at once. A maximum of 10 "branches" by increasing the ethernano output and concentrating on the points of output on the blade itself.
- Raiju Fang(雷獣牙 Raijū Kiba): Clapping her hands together, Samarra is able to release a form of lightning upon release of the clap that takes on the form of six identical wolves. Typically considered a Lightning Make spell, Samarra has denounced this classification as she only knows the one dynamic cast, and one other static cast; giving her in no sense the need to call herself a mage of this subspecies magic. These wolves are able to lock onto their target, able to maneuver around obstacles and attacks in order to sink their electric fangs into the flesh of the enemy. Once bitten the Raiju will immediately stun the target by contracting all their muscles at once, disrupting the path of signals to the tissues in that localize area, making it impossible to move said joint. The interesting phenomenon comes when more than one wolf is able to latch on. Typically aiming for the limbs of their target, should a wolf latch on to each one of someone’s arms, for example, then the strong bond of ethernano between the two will cause their current to travel through the targets body and paralyze their entire arms and chest. Should the wolves get hold of all four limbs, a mage would effectively have a full body paralysis until the wolves were released or overcome with a surge of superior levels of ethernano. During a battle where these wolves had taken on another elemental dynamic spell, they were overcome due to the low output of ethernano put into them. In order to overcome this in the future, Samarra has since increase the resonating frequency and allocation of ethernano to make them more durable and long lasting.
- Static Discharge(静電放電 Seiden Hōden): First building up electrical energy into her core, Samarra gathers and condenses the ambient static electricity from the environment, concentrating it within her body by combining it with that of her own ethernano. This is done by the vibrational friction caused between the ethernano particles in her aura, and the molecules in the air. The molecules of the two materials of different composition tend to stick together on contact due to a form of chemical reaction. This is very close to a chemical bond; the adjacent dissimilar molecules exchange electrons. And when one material is physically moved away from the other, such as the condensing of ethernano back into Samarra’s core, it is regarded as friction. The result is that excess electrons are left behind in one material, while a deficit occurs in the other. With the air having developed a slight charge, Samarra releases the stored ethernano energy from inside her, causing the previously charged air molecules to become electrically over-stressed and come alive with streams of lightning going off in all directions. Depending on how long Samarra collects radiant ethernano, the reach of this spell is positively correlated. A typical discharge with a collection period of 5 seconds will reach a radius of 10 feet, while doubling that time will double the reach. A mage’s body can only store such energy for a given amount of time however, and so the maximum reach of this spell tops out at a charging time of 160 seconds, with a reach of 320 feet. The epicenter of this attack, with a 15 foot radius, will yield the most devastating damage; while to outer rim will only cause little discomfort, described to feel like the shock that occurs when you rub your feet on the rug and touch another surface.
- Raiju Roar(雷神の怒り Raiju Gōon): Cupping her hands together, this attack can be performed in five different levels dependent on the level of strength desired from the output. For the first stage of the Roar, an output of 20% of full power is released. For this, Samarra will cup her hands together by holding the wrists together and keeping the palms open. She will then extend both of her index fingers towards the center of her palm and begin emitting high speed ethernano from both of them, keeping the force contained within the space in front of her. Her fingers act like rods for the lightning to bounce back and forth, the particles of energy hitting one another in the space between her fingers, causing the particles to become more excited and give off a great deal of static electricity. Due to the speed and containment of such a spell the ethernano will continue bouncing off one another, generating more and more energy and electricity, that after a "charging" time of only 10 seconds this concentrate lightning will have an output of 30,000 amperes for a 20% power blast, also known as First Strike (先制攻撃 Sensei Kōgeki). Once the charging period is complete, Samarra will push forth a large surge of ethernano from the middle of her palms, breaking the containment she had on the mass and sending the blast of lightning forward in a beam towards her target at a speed twice that of a lightning strike. This spell is able to increase it's power and output by increasing the number of "lightning rods", or fingers, that Samarra puts into the palm's space to channel her ethernano. When all five fingers are used for this attack, the Fifth Strike (フィフスストライキ Fifususutoraiki), the electrical output is equal to that of lightning forming at the top of the cloud, a strike that exceeds a billion volts. It's speed makes it an almost sure strike, but even in the wake of the attack, buildings can be leveled in a ten mile radius when Samarra unleashes her Fifth Strike.
- Lightning Clone (雷クローン Kaminari Kurōn): A highly advanced technique for that of a mage, this spell allows the caster to construct an almost identical clone of themselves made out of ethernano. Akin to the ninja way of Shadow Clone Jutsu, a mage will have to expend a great deal of ethernano to give shape to a human body. The clone is able to perform physical techniques and interact with the environment due to it having physical substance, and has an ethernano network as an exact replica of Samarra, giving it the ability to perform known spells as well. The clone itself is not of its own free will, but is instead directed by original by fluctuating the ethernano output of the clone’s construct. Samarra can even send her consciousness through to the clone to give it the ability to speak, but this leaves the original body open to attack as one’s mind cannot be in two bodies at the same time. This is why Samarra will generally hide her real body and send her consciousness to the clone to help use it to assess her targets abilities before getting injured herself. Typically used in combination for a close range, omni directional attack, a clone’s maneuverability and power can be highly advanced depending on the skill of the caster. But this is all dependent on the control of the caster and how well they can keep the clone in their line of vision, because without seeing the environment the clone is inhabiting, their movements would see inorganic and tip off their opponent to the likes of a clone. This technique can be used for more than one clone, however, it will evenly distributes the caster’s magic between each clone, which comes at a cost of weakening the overall effectiveness of the clone and expend a great deal of energy. If the clone is seriously injured, it will revert to its natural lightning-state, at the same time electrocuting whatever it is touching. Samarra has used this as a trap herself, as she will use the clone to latch on to her target and then stab herself in the chest to cause the clone to revert and electrocute her enemy. Another great benefit of this is that a small portion of ethernano from the clone is returned to the caster’s body, in which their brain will process the information gathered by the clone. This can help a great deal with intel and even with training on a new technique. As the time to master a technique can be halved if using a clone.
- Circut Grid(配電網 Haiden-Mō): Placing a magic circle out in front of her, Samarra releases a tight grid pattern made out of lightning. This grid can expand to cover an area of 35 square feet, with each individual square making up 2 square inches. This is one of the more ethernano expensive spells as the individual squares are sealed with pure ethernano to solidify the construct of this grid. Meaning that Samarra, at maximum capacity, can only give form to this spell for around 30 minutes. The amount of time greatly decreases as the battle progresses, making it only capable of defending off a short burst attack, rather than a steady stream of attacks. The moment that an offending attack comes into contact with the grid it acts like an elastic net and bounces the foe's power back at them at such a speed that it seems that Samarra had cast it herself. This is due to the high resonant frequency of the ethernano, causing it to vibrate at such speeds that the interaction of the energy clouds emitted by the ethernano particles will keep them held together, but still allow them to stretch and recoil back into their original form. It is able to affect physical as well as projectile attacks of both magic or non-magic origin, so much as they are within the scope of this spell and an adequate amount of ethernano was put into the spell to reinforce it. It is the utmost highest in defensive spell in the proper hands, but should the magical energy of the opponent overwhelm the caster, the Circut Grid will merely shatter, but can slow down the attack enough for the caster to get out of the way. This can act as either an offensive trap, or a defensive wall, making it a very versatile attack. In Samarra’s case the electric lines that make up the grid pattern have the capability of stunning any physical body it comes into contact with, scaring off those who wish to damage her barrier through the means of physical attacks.
- Electromagnetism(エレクトロマグネティスム Erekutoromagunetisumu): Through her extensive training in Lightning Magic, Samarra has been able to acquire a limited degree of skill in electromagnetic manipulation. By using electrical currents, she can generate a magnetic field and attract ferrous materials to her being to use to her advantage; like being able to create a make-shift shield out of scrap metal or walk on walls by attracting the iron particles in the ground to the electricity generated in her feet. This ability comes to be rather useful in combat when Samarra uses her bladed weapons and wires, as she is able to throw and maneuver them without fear of them leaving her person. Although a weakness comes in the fact that those with skills such as Magnet Magic are able to overcome her electromagnetic pull; but she has been seen to stand toe to toe with someone who practices ferrokinesis. Another great use of this skill is the ability to send out electromagnetic pulses to disable electronic and technological devices. This proves useful in those who rely on machina limbs, or weapons that have an electrical/computer component.
- Static Detection(静的検出 Seiteki Kenshutsu): Samarra is able to detect all types of electricity: including electricity produced from living organisms, static, lightning, and electrical signals. A living being emits a constant, yet barely detectable wave of electricity through the air, allowing Samarra to passively located creatures while maneuvering through the field. This has proven useful in darkened areas where sight is not easily used, and Samarra can rely on this to locate her target or evade their movements. The greater an object is moving, the more electrical impulses are sent off in their body to tell their muscles to contract; this makes tracking a target easier than searching out a stationary one, as the moving target will release a greater electrical “cloud” to make them easier to see. This power can even extend to predicting movements during a battle, as the muscle emits an electrical signal right before it contracts. With quick enough reflexes, she is able to evade typical combat moves from that of mages, even going so far as to evading S Class combat attacks through the combination of her Static Detection and heighted reflexes. She is also able to do “active detection”, which is done by generating an electrical field and detecting any distortions within it. This gives her a clear image of the surrounding area that she can use to detect opponents or any other anomalies within an area of 35 feet. This comes across like a 3-D outline, giving Samarra the general shapes of masses, but not being able to draw out fine details. This is where the ability lacks, as it is useful in finding large objects, but should she try and use it to find a item smaller than 2 inches in diameter, like a trip wire for example, she will require a great deal of ethernano to focus on such a small object, sending out multiple pulses of the electric field to better reflect off all objects in the area.
- Lightning Immunity (雷に対する免疫, Kaminari Ni Taisuru Men'eki): The basic innate ability of any mage who uses an electric based magic. In the most basic sense, it allows Samarra to have an immunity to any other form of lightning based attacks that are directed at her; and while this is an effective means of dealing with lightning, it isn't all powerful. Lightning of a higher-tier, such as that from Slayers and other Lost Magic's can still cause harm to her. In Samarra's case, given her immense amount of skill in her Lightning Magic, as well as the fact that her Red Lightning Magic is a tier above normal Lightning Magic, she is immune to the basic spells of lightning based Dragon Slayers as well as regular Lightning Magic mages. She is able to withstand the effects of said element without succumbing to the paralytic effects of such spells; and is even able to take a hit from naturally occurring lightning without any visible effects.
- Electrokinesis (エレクトルッキネシス, Erekutorukkineshisu): Electrokinesis is the psychic power to manipulate energies, electrical currents, and electrons. Samarra is able to conduct, generate and manipulate a form of energy resulting from the existence of charged particles (such as electrons or protons) which give her control over electric fields, electric charges, electric currents, electronics, and electromagnetism. Her immense knowledge and practice over electricity from her magic has given her a great deal of control and power over the element of lightning and its derivatives. One of the numerous abilities her electrokinesis offers her is electrical absorption; the power to conduct and store electrical energy within her body. She can increase her store of electricity by draining electrical devices and machines, she can absorb ambient electrical energy like static in the air, and can manipulate the direction of her opponents lightning based attacks. When her power and focus have reached an optimal state, the electricity can also be manipulated in her target's nervous system, though its effects are typically minimal due to her limited experience. Such effects can be disorienting the thought process, generating static cling in the hair, and giving massive headaches and slight paralysis. The electrokinesis within her own body is of a higher caliber and allows her to improve activity within her own nervous system to allow higher cognitive processing, a faster speech rate for spell incantations, and faster movements of her body.
Summoning Magic(召しの魔法, Meshi no Mahō):Samarra is highly skilled in summoning magic, which uses a seal that connects Samarra and item magically; and when she goes through the process of releasing the seal, the object is transported from an area in space to her location. Summoning inanimate objects, such as weapons or large objects is similar to Requip, but except without the hundred-items limit.
Samarra's special summons include a wide array for swords, throwing knives, chains, and other weaponry. She has even added a few urethane constructed weapons to help combat mages who have a control over metals. These "rubber" weapons offer superior tear and tensile strength as well as impact and abrasion resistance making them useful for more blunt force damage. Her specialty comes from the summoning of a multitude of chains infused with Nullification Magic that she uses to bind an enemy and take away their ability to break free from these extraordinarily strong chains.
She has her own seal, that consists of the kanji for "faithful" inside a circle. She is able to place a magic seal on any surface she touches, but has infused her magic seal into select weapons, such as throwing knives, to makes it possible to throw her weapons and summon an item wherever the kunai lands. These seals are typically small, only about 2 inches in diameter, and can easily be hidden in brush upon approaching a weary enemy.
- Chain Prison(チェーン プリソン Cheen Purison): One of Samarra’s most favored spells due to its abilities to restrain even the mightiest of mages. This spell was specially designed during her time in the Elite Custody Enforcement Unit as a means to restrain criminals who were wanted by the Magic Council without causing them extreme discomfort. This attack utilizes a unique construct of magic chains that Samarra has specifically forged for herself and herself only. The chains themselves are made of a non ferrous Adamantine-Kinesium compound infused with an extremely powerful Nullification Magic whose ethernano has been integrated during the forging process. This construct provides both the strength to restrain those whose magic has been nullified by the chains, while also absorbing the energy put forth by the effort to break said chains. It is by this fact alone that some have deemed these chains unbreakable, even though a mage of resounding physical strength, such as that of a Spriggan 12 or the Nine Elementals, could potentially break them in one fluid motion dependent on the number of chains used to restrain them. This Nullification Spell also offers resistance against fertilizes is, as well as Samarra's own backing power of ferrokinesis help cancel out anyone who tries to manipulate said chains. In order to execute such a spell Samarra must be able to construct a summoning seal barrier that encompasses the target; whether that be in a triangle formation, square formation, or any other shape of increasing number. The strength of the Chain Prison will increase dramatically dependent on how many chains are summoned. The use of three summon seals to surround a target in a triangle formation will release three chains that are capable of restraining an average mage. A four point summon is the preferred method of restraint for Samarra as it ensures the binding of said target without room for error. However a mage of S Class would require a five point restraint at minimum to ensure that their magic is suppressed and they are unable to overcome the breaking point of the chains. Once the summoning seals are in place Samarra will release the seal and the magical chains will shoot out of the seal and latch onto whatever magical being is within their border. It has been seen previously that large spells will not impede the path of these chains, and after an incident in which she was caught in her own attack, she has modified the chains to lock onto both the magical signature of the target, but also to the biological construct of their body to ensure they make it to their target. Obtaining a sample of a person's DNA can be rather simple in the heat of battle, as sweat, blood, and skin cells are shed frequently during attacks. Samarra will typically use her blade to obtain a light blood sample, bringing it into her hand to incorporate into one of her magic Summoning Seals; giving the spell all it needs to maneuver its way through potential defenses and counters to latch onto its target. The speed at which they travel is fast enough to latch onto a mage who attempts to run outside the border, although it has been seen that a High Speed mage or Athletic Magic mage has been able to escape. It is because of this that the border of the Chain Prison is typically a very spread out one. Magic barriers or attacks will have no effect on these chains due to their infused Nullification Magic, making this spell typically the end all to any battle.
- Senbon Coffin (千本棺 Senbon Hitsugi): This unique spells is actually a combination of her Barrier Magic and Summoning Magic, meant to inflect a great deal of pain upon her enemies. If the target is within visual range Samarra will generate a barrier that springs up as a fifteen square foot box that covers the target in a thick wall of ethernano. The barriers themselves give off a black appearance, as opposed to the usual bluish hue, and are marked with Samarra’s summoning seal on the five exposed sides in white. The barrier itself is able to withstand blunt force, as well as average level attacks for a few minutes before cracking, giving enough time for Samarra to release the summoning seal and initial this spell. Once the summon seal is released, small projectile needles, called senbon, shoot out from all sides of the barrier to converge on the target inside. Samarra herself says that there are 125,000 needles stored up inside this attack, which would effectively “turn any mage into a glorified pin cushion.” The needles themselves have no unique quality aside from their non ferrous construction; it is merely the sheer number of them combined with the mages inability to see within this barrier that makes this attack so deadly. The timing of this attack has also been altered a bit to help Samarra overcome the mage’s logical solution of simply erecting a barrier of their own when the needles converge. The release of each summon seal is simultaneous, but Samarra has built in “gaps” within them that span for around 10-15 seconds each, enough time for a mage to lower his guard a bit into thinking the attack is over. These breaks do not come simultaneously, but instead are sporadic, giving a mage little knowledge as to where the needles will come from next. The overall time of this attack is around 3 minutes, one of Samarra’s longest running attacks, and will dissipate once the senbon have all been fired.
- Arachnid's Web (クモの巣 Kumonosu): When summoned, four large poles extend from beneath the earth to surround the target. An adamantine chain loops through notches within these 30 foot poles to create a web like structure from top to bottom. Samarra then uses her lightning magic to send high voltage currents through the chain to electrocute any being that might be contained within. The poles act as a grounding mechanism, allowing the electricity to travel through the chains and disperse once it has cleared the chain web.
- Shisa Blade(シーサーブレード Shīsāburēdo): One of Samarra's most powerful sword summons, this blade is the embodiment of the guild’s collective ethernano and a symbol of its power. It drives its energy from the bond shared between the members of Koma Inu and anyone who bears the guilds mark. The sword is stored in a secret level of the guild hall, a location by which it can collect the ambient ethernano generated from the guild and its members. When a mage is given a guild emblem it connects them to the network of mages in the guild, a network that is channeled through the magical vessel that is the Shisa Blade. It collects energy from each and every mage that wears the Komainu crest, although the energy taken is only the natural byproduct of spell casting, something a mage wouldn’t notice. The blade then stores this energy inside the unique lacrima's in its eyes and head. This blade is said to have been forged from the flames of a dragon, and is made of the highest caliber metals to give it a rather unbreakable structure, as well as never losing its edge. The blade itself is able to amplify Samarra’s magic levels to unimaginable heights by circulating the energy it has stored into the one who wields it. Samarra is also able to channel their own ethernano into the blade to give it unique properties, like how Samarra will channel lightning into it to increase the lethal nature of this sword. The insurmountable power of this blade was shown when it was able to shatter the lacrima said to contain the power of a god, known as Supreme Spell: God of Mischief. It is because of this power that only the guild master knows of its location and the proper way to summon it. This secret is only passed on to the next guild master at the time of transition, an oath that Samarra has sworn to abide by so that no foul hands will ever hold the power of the guild within their hands.
Although unnoticeable to the human eye, each blade actually has a thicker coating of Kinesium at two points in his blade to better store the energy where it occurs most naturally. The first point of thickness rests at the vibrational node, located near the tip of the blade, because this is one of the fundamental flexural vibration zones within a sword that typically vibrates during a strike. The second is located near the hilt of the blade to absorb radiant percussive energy that would generally travel down the blade and cause a slight stinging of the hands. Because of this feature the wielder feels little to no sting when hitting rather tough substances. This feature can also serve as an offensive tool as well, as the kinetic energy stored within the blade can be expelled by sending a pulse of ethernano with enough speed to separate the molecules within the coating and release the kinetic energy stored within. This feature is actually it’s greatest downfall, as this ability only relates to attacks with solid kinetic force, such as bullets, blades, physical hits, and other projectiles; this ability does not work with magical constructs. The blade is also able to withstand wear and tear by having the Kinesium molecules absorb ethernano which is used to shift the molecules on the edge of the blade, allowing the sword to alter its shape to prevent dullness from problems such as abrasion, rolled edge, flatted edge, chipped edge, and corrosion.
Each sword has the unique ability to form a "contract" with it's owner that prevents its power from being activated if it falls into the hands of someone unworthy of it. Acting as a blood oath, the receiver of the blade must give both blood and ethernano to the blade while saying a prayer of respect to the lucky god in which the sword represents. This will allow for an intertwining of the blades ethernano and the owners biological ethernano to mix and become one; giving the oath taker the only one with the ability to cast Saisen Offering with that blade. Samarra, being the owner of this blade is the only one to be able to cast the spell within this blade, her contract being unable to be rewritten until her death.
Each mage has a present ethernano output potential (PEP), which is the current level at which their magical strength is at. There is also a limit on how much magical power (MP) a mage can release during one spell, which is a combination of training, charging time, and spell damage potential; but this actual ethernano output potential (AEP) can never exceed the PEP, or else a mage would collapse from magical deficiency syndrome. This AEP is something many are able to determine through the use of a Magic Power Finder (MPF Finder), as the spell they use on the orb will result in a corresponding number. A PEP could be found using this same tool if a mage were to continue to attack the orb, adding each number together, until their magic runs out.
As a mage continues to battle they start to expend MP naturally through the aura they give off, typically a negligible 1-10 MP per second. But when a mage begins to use powerful spells, increasing their AEP with each move, their PEP begins to lower and approach a point to where mages will collapse from exhaustion, unable to use any more of the MP to meet the AEP required of even the most basic spells.
How Saisen Offering works is with the first strike of their sword, the user will give their opponent 210 MP, or part of their own ethernano reserves that his opponent can use in one of their own attacks. This 210 MP is a typical level of an ethernano infused blade, though the number can increase if spells such as Sword Pressure or Sword Beam are used to initiate the spell. For explanations sake we will go with the amount of an average sword graze, a hit that will start Bani off with a beginning amount of 210 on his counter embedded in his forehead. The user's spell will then begin to charge ten percent interest every ten seconds, as long as their target is within 1000 meters of their being. This interest will continue to accrue throughout the battle, as well as aura lent by the user to their opponent through ethernano based attacks, until the counter reaches his targets PEP. Bani will grow in size as a visual representation of the increasing debt, serving more as a psychological pressure than anything.
After the initial loan of 210 MP, interest will begin to accrue, but Ebisu can increase that amount by loaning his target more of his MP. This can only be done through his attacks that rely on ethernano to hold their form. Meaning that magical attacks, such as a Fire Dragon's Roar, will have their ethernano transferred to the total MP amount displayed on Bani’s forehead if they successfully land. This can come at a slight positive for his target, as the attack will feel like nothing because the ethernano that typically causes damage will go straight to Bani. Physical attacks, such as punches and sword slashes, will still be felt as pain by his target, but can also serve to loan MP if they are covered with ethernano. When the counter surpasses the amount of remaining PEP of his target, his target will “bust” and the spell will act as a nullification hold on the targets magical origin for a span of five days. This means that should a mage “bust”, they will be unable to use any ethernano related attacks or power ups for those five days until Bani releases his hold on their magical origin. Once his target has “busted”, any subsequent attacks will resume their full effects on the now magic-less target.
The only way to get rid of Bani during the course of a battle, before they "bust”, is to pay back the MP signaled on Bani’s counter. This can be done through successful hits on the user’s person, though only those that are ethernano based will count towards paying off the debt owed. A downfall is that, until the debt is repaid, the user won’t take damage from ethernano based attacks as well. This feature basically turns the course of battle into a physical fight, though the user has the advantage because they can use their ethernano to increase their speed and physical features; where as if his opponent were to do such a stunt, it would lower their PEP, due the fact that they would be expending MP through the AEP of their supplementary spells. This would only lower the time it would take for Bani to reach "bust". As the interest grows and grows, the user's victory becomes more and more assured, making this spell one of the most detrimental abilities to come across.
Beast Summoning Magic (野獣召しの魔法, Yajūmeshi no Mahō):Samarra has made contracts with many different magical beast. Feeling a strong bond with each beast she comes across, Samarra and her beasts fight fluidly together. In order to make a contract with a beast, she must mold her magic into that of a unique summoning seal that can be tattooed onto the beast. This mark links her magic with that of the beast's, allowing her to summon it through a magic circle instantly. This seal also allows Samarra and the beast to communicate with one another through the process of sending the user's ethernano in unique pulses to that of the creature's brain, allowing them to process speech, even if the species themselves is unable to reciprocate.
The beast themselves do not rely on Samarra's magical energy, like that of a Celestial Spirit, and are free to use their own magical power during a fight. However, in order to be summoned, Samarra must use the magical energy equal to at least 60% of the creatures magical energy. This means that the more powerful the beast that is being summoned, the more magical energy must be used by the caster to get the beast to their own point in space. This rule is easy to overcome when the beast being summoned is not of the magical nature, and relies on brute force or innate abilities like flying, but when calling upon a creature with whom holds a great deal of spells at their disposal, a mage will have to have an exceptional amount of skill to bring forth the creature to the battlefield. It is possible to summon more than one creature to the battlefield as long as the combined power of the two beasts do not exceed that of the caster, if so, the caster will be drained of energy immediately.
Beast Embodiment(ビアスト エンボディメント メージク Biasuto Enbodimento Mahō): This is a special magic which compliments Beast Summoning Magic by allowing Samarra to take on the traits of certain summon in combat. While Samarra receives the magical energy signature of the summon, the two beings do not fuse. It is merely a temporary transfer of their magic to Samarra, allowing her to take on spells as well as slight physicals traits of the beast that is being embodied. This allows her to summon more beasts while maintaining the abilities of the other. Upon completing the full transfer, Samarra gains temporary possession of the same abilities of the beast, as far as magic is concerned, and can use them freely in conjunction with her own magic. Samarra also gains some of the physical traits of the beast, due to the fact that the bond between Samarra and her beasts is amazingly strong, and so their magical signatures freely intertwine and resonate with one another. It is easy to denote the embodiment that she has chosen based off of the defining feature of the animal that she inherits, or the theme of clothing that she gains.
Wire Magic (線の魔法 Waiyāmajikku) is a unique form of magic that relies on the manipulation of wires and threads. It has been classified as a Caster Magic, due to a mages ability to manipulate preexisting wires or construct threads from their own ethernano to cast at the target. Users can wield a wire or thread with great proficiency in range, accuracy and speed allowing them to perform a variety of offensive feats. The wires are shown to possess absurd cutting power due to their unique construct and vibrational pattern. Besides restraining enemies and even controlling other people's bodies against their will, they can be highly versatile in attacking. Wires can be used to slice through opponent's flesh and bone, or even cut through boulders and buildings with ease. This can also include actions such as wrapping objects and pulling them closer, binding and snatching an opponents weapon, or swinging from place to place. The wire provides for more conventional usage as well, including forming mesh shields to block bullets or attacks, or creating a support to walk across large ravines. In addition, users are able to use the wires to stitch any wounds that they might have sustained as well as those of their allies. The maximum length a user is able to extend their wires is that of 125 feet for a single strand, but for combat a mage will typically be able to cover a square radius of 45 feet with a multitude of wires. The sharpness of these wires depends on the compression of the mages ethernano, for when done properly, a wire is easily capable of slicing through flesh and bone as if they were warm butter. The wires manage to have an amazing tensile strength, capable of supporting five grown mages on a single strand thick floor, and even supporting a boulder with the weight of 3,600 pounds.
- Bungee Lattice (バンジー格子 Banjī Netto): This is a unique construct of eternano wire that is made in a spring like construct, making the wires always return to the originally constructed form. It can be used to pull opponents within punching range for a flurry of rebound pummels or used as a way to catch an attack and send it back towards the enemy. The Bungee Wire can both stretch and contract, depending on what Samarra wants, allowing them to hold captured attacks for a moment before allowing the wire to return to its original form.
- Solo Rampart (ソロ城壁 Soro Jōheki): Using a variety of wires available, a mage will construct a personal shield doing a five point diamond stitch weave with their wires. This shield is able to stop a steel blade in its tracks with ease, and with its unique construct it is fairly flexible and able to give way to a brutal attack. This flexibility in the shield will keep it from fracturing, and by pulling the strings that make up their shield will allow the shield to return back to its flat state and can send the offending attack back towards it's user. This is very similar to the larger scale attack Arachnid Bulwark (クモの防波堤 Kumo no Bōhatei), but does not include the ethernano barrier between each thread. It is purely a wire mesh that can be used to deflect attacks and can only extend up to 15 feet, due to the massive amount of wires that must be used to weave such a dense shield.
- Marionette Crucifixion (マリオネットはりつけ Marionetto Haritsuke): A precursor move to obtaining control over the mage's body, although is not always necessary. Through a web of wires, Samarra will contract and manipulate those wires that are able to cross the path of the wrists or ankles of the intended target. Due to the sheer density of the constructed web, only a skilled user of minuscule size would be able to slip through the passages between each wire. Even those who think to shift into an elemental form would be rendered imobolize due to the fact that they would be passing through the pure ethernano of Samarra, integrating it with thier own, which will achieve the desired effect of this spell. Once caught Samarra will manipulate the wires to wrap around the limb and pull it to extend the body into a crucifixion like pose. It is from this state that they will do one of two things. Samarra can either use a wire to decapitate them cleanly, or will do the more preferred method when there is more enemies to battle. By using a finely compressed wire Samarra will impale them into the spine, joints, and major pressure points within the target to connect their ethernano with that of the targets, effective "hijacking" Samarras magical system. Due to the keenly placed threads, a feat that requires high medical knowledge, Samarra is also able to control the synaptic impulses within the mage, making them move however they see fit. While just barely visible, the strings used with this technique are so strong that they can completely and instantly disable the strongest of mages, turning them into a mindless puppet for Samarra to control. This does require Samarra to have a magical power stronger than that of their opponents, or else the target's ethernano will reject the threads and cause them to be expelled.
- Chordae Tachycardia (腱索頻拍 Ken Saku Hinpaku): A multifunctional spell that can cause severe damage for any Mage who dare gets close. This spell functions through the manipulation of a dozen wires that are flayed at high speed in a 360 degree rotation around Samarra. Altering the path of each wire in an unpredictable pattern at such a high speed allows it to act as a defensive maneuver against physical attacks, as a mages weapon or limb would easily get hit by a wire of they attempted to penetrate the spell. This spell also acts as an offensive attack, as the speed at which the wires move release intense waves of air in an omnidirectional pattern, able to stand up against that of an average level Wind Mage attack. Samarra can also take advantage of the speed of their wires and release a wave of ethernano that functions with the same lethality as Sword Pressure wave; easily able to cut through shields and defenses with a high vibration beam of ethernano.
- Arachnid Bulwark (クモの防波堤 Kumo no Bōhatei): This grid can expand to cover an area of 35 square feet, with each individual square making up 6 square inches. This is one of the more ethernano expensing spells as the individual squares are sealed with pure ethernano to solidify the construct of this grid. Meaning that Samarra, at maximum capacity, can only give form to this spell for around 30 minutes. The amount of time greatly decreases as the battle progresses, making it only capable of defending off a short burst attack, rather than a steady stream of attacks. The moment that an offending attack comes into contact with the grid it acts like an elastic net and bounces the foe's power back at them at such a speed that it seems that Samarra had cast it themselves. This is due to the high resonant frequency of the ethernano, causing it to vibrate at such speeds that the interaction of the energy clouds emitted by the ethernano particles will keep them held together, but still allow them to stretch and recoil back into their original form. It is able to affect physical as well as projectile attacks of both magic or non-magic origin, so much as they are within the scope of this spell and an adequate amount of ethernano was put into the spell to reinforce it. It is the utmost highest in defensive spell in the proper hands, but should the magical energy of the opponent overwhelm the caster, the grid will merely shatter, but can slow down the attack enough for the caster to get out of the way. This can act as either an offensive trap, or a defensive wall, making it a very versatile attack.
- Peregrine Flight (ハヤブサの飛行 Hayabusa no Hikō): Using a single filament Samarra will manipulate it into the form of a large falcon that stands about two feet tall and able to fly up to speeds of 242 mile per hour to chase down it's prey. This spells acts similarly to a dynamic elemental-make spell in the fact that it seems to operate on a consciousness of its own. This makes it able to track down its prey by following the ethernano output of it's target with no definite range of pursuit, and is able to maneuver around obstacles in it's path. Once it has found it's target, one of two things will happen based on Samarra's intended purpose. The falcon will either latch its claws into the target and unravel to entrap the target in a tight bind of seemingly unbreakable thread. The second option is the falcon will come soaring in with wings outstretched, using its sharp wires to slash through the enemy as it makes a total of five passes before running out of stamina and ethernano to maintain the sharpness of its wings for attack.
- Rising Trammel (上昇トランメル Jōshō Toranmeru): A deceiving attack that works on any terrain to help restrain and lacerate a target. This utilizes a multitude of wires, although to the eyes of the target there is only four visible. Samarra will connect wires to each of their finger tips, using both index and middle finger in a whip like motion to send the wires shooting towards their target; tearing up the earth on its sine wave pattern towards the enemy. This serves as a distraction however, to allow Samarra to send six other wires underground and travel at a much faster rate to get behind the enemy. Their construct will not fully solidify until reappearance, allowing them to mix in with the ethernano of the earth for easier travel and lessen the change of detection. These underground wires will later on reappear after The target has been pushed back into its awaiting trap. The wires will snake up Samarra and bind their limbs tightly together towards their core in a matter of seconds, constricting tighter with each move. The wires above ground, although initially serving as a trick to push the target back to the awaiting trap, also serve their purpose by acting as a fierce whip that can severely lacerate the human body, easily cutting through an inch of tissue with a direct strike. Once caught by the wires, the whips can either deal a direct attack, or furth reinforce the bind to allow Samarra to perform Final Shackle (最終シャックル Saishū Shakkuru).
- Final Shackle (最終シャックル Saishū Shakkuru): The secondary motion created through Rising Trammel (上昇トランメル Jōshō Toranmeru) and its bind around an opponent. When initially entrapped by the wires, Samarra has them specifically crossed and tied so that, even if a target is able to gain an inch or two of space, the threads will restrict completely with the movement of Samarras fingers. To perform this spell is relatively simple, as Samarra will bring their left hand up towards their chest to tighten the wires around the targets body; while the right arm is partially outstretched with palm face up to maneuver the wires into its desired orientation to trigger the construction. With a bend of Samarra's right index finger toward their palm the wire configuration will be tightened into a complete ball, effectively ripping through any force that stands in the way of its kinetic endeavor. It has been shown to easily slice through the bones and tendons of any Mage, even carving its way through dense rock or metal to achieve its end goal. Once performed, all that is left in its wake is a heap of dismembered limbs and organs; acting as an end all for those in its hands. The original creator of this spell decided on its name as his goal was "to free the criminal plagued by the crimes of humanities wrath from his shackles. Ending his sentence and freeing his soul."
- Radial Chaplet (ラジアルケレン Rajiarukeren): This attack follows the same basic principles as Cervical Guillotine (子宮頸ギロチン Shikyūkei Girochin), but is far easier to execute, and will work on a variety of appendages. This follows the same defensive grid pattern, allowing Samarra to use this in combination with a handful of other spells, but this does not function to protect them. When an enemy attempts to go through the grid Samarra will pull back the strings of the grid, causing them to tighten around the target's given limb. Because the amount of bone needed to go through, the simple retraction of the wires will only damage the flesh of the ensnared target. In order to fully separate the trapped appendage Samarra needs to deliver a greater amount of force to allow the wires to slice through the hardened calcium; a feat that can be done by simply jumping back while keeping the wires tight, a move that sends enough torque through the wires to allow them to cut through the entire limb. It has been noted that this effect isn't always successful. Elite mages have been able to escape the complete amputation by using an incredible amount of strength to snap the wires, or using spells that harden their skin beyond that of normal bone, earth, or metals; such as the case of Bone-Make Magic or certain alloys of Metal Magic.
- Filament Sutures (フィラメント縫合糸 Firamento Hōgō-Ito): A rather simple spell to perform in the right hands, but for those who lack the medical knowledge of their intended targets anatomy and physiology it would be rather difficult. This is typically only used for medical situations, but has been see to use as a more permanent binding method by suturing a targets limbs, lips, or eyelids together to make escape rather difficult. But medical recovery is where this spell shines. By constructing a thread out of ethernano a mage will use this thread to perform a variety of suture techniques including: continuous and interrupted suturing, with stitches like the locking suture, nonlocking suture, subcuticular suture, simple interrupted suture, horizontal mattress suture, and vertical mattress suture. This will ensure the proper stitch for a variety of wounds to ensure hemostasis. The thread itself has a unique property however. Due to its magical properties, this suture technique has the ability to full connect back blood vessels, neuro tissue, as well as epidermal and muscular tissue. The thread itself contains ethernano particles that can mimic the versatility of stem cells, constructing into the desire composition to aid in healing. This means that a mage is capable of reattaching severed limbs to a patient and they will gain full functionality immediately. This treatment allows the mages body time to recover on it's own without loosing the motor function needed for battle. This process does leave a scar, as well as cannot get rid of any bruising sustained in the attack, and so it is not by any means a cure all. It has also been describe as rather painful when neurons are being reconnected.
Barrier Magic (バリアの魔法 Baria no Mahō): This allows Samarra to concentrate her magical energy in her hands that projects a field of magical force that she can manipulate into a number of relatively simple forms: rectangular planes, cylinders, globes, domes, cones, etc; and is Samarra's most powerful form of defense. Having learned it from her Komainu summons, Samarra has become rather apt at performing the magic. With her strong will to protect all members of her guild, Samarra has trained night and day to perfect the strength and reach of her barrier. She is able to withstand a hit from multiple mages and create a barrier large enough to encompass her guild. The larger and thicker the barrier, the more magical energy is needed, so Samarra typically only constructs a barrier long enough to fend off an incoming attack, and then deconstructs it.
- Himorogi Delineation (神籬 描写 Himorogi Byōsha): The most basic of the barrier spells, Samarra can form a multitude barrier of varying shape and thickness, functioning independent of one another. This barrier is made up of pure ethernano, making it impossible for even mages of the highest skill to manipulate or consume. These barrier particles vibrate in such a way that, even though they can be broken with a fairly strong attack, they can withstand most weapon attacks, physical attacks, and projectile attacks from that of an average mage. The dimensions of this barrier is typically only two to three inches thick, but is fluid enough to cover a variety of objects in a 120 square feet area. They also are not bound by earthly ties, meaning that the barrier itself does not have to have an anchor and can freely float and move alongside Samarra should they use it as a shield. This also means that even if a mage does happen to break out of the barrier, Samarra can simply manipulate it to stretch back around the target, then reinforce it so it doesn’t happen again.
- Torii Stockade (鳥居の柵 Torii no Saku): A highly skilled entrapment spell that can be used for detainment or physical restrictions. The first variation of this spell works as an improvement on the basic barrier spell, causing four translucent Torii gates appear in a box around the target with walls three feet thick. These Torii gate hold unique properties in the fact that Samarra's powerful ethernano that is used in this spell will be able to reflect all attacks from inside the barrier, causing them to bounce back at its caster. They have been shown to even take on an S Class level attack from a dark mage without so much as a crack to its walls. Samarra is able to enter inside their own stockade as well, turning the prison into an easily contained area that they can use to mutilate their enemy. The second variation is the unique ability from where this spell gets its name. In order to activate this, Samarra must first take in some of the ethernano from their target. That can be from simply getting hit with an attack, or by obtaining blood from a swipe made at them. This is so he can have the magical signature of the mage to lock on his attack. Once he has obtained enough traces of ethernano to be able to perform the attack with utmost certainty, he will slam both hands into the ground simultaneously to bring down a series of seven Torii gates onto the target. These gates are made up of the same draconic ethernano as other barrier spells and are able to bind them to the ethernano radiating from the earth’s core to make them nearly immovable. These gates will land atop each of the seven chakras along the targets body, effectively pinning them to the ground without an inch to move around in. The gates are able to adjust to encompass any size mage, able to maintain its hold even with the ebb and flow of a mage’s struggle.
- Defenser Counter (防衛カウンタBōei Kaunta): Defenser is also capable of being utilized as a form of counterattack, allowing Samarra to deliver damage to the attacker when she is hit; essentially, it is just as it is labeled; a counterattack. When performing Defenser Counter, Samarra kicks her barrier away from them upon the moment of the spell being activated, this serves not only as a reflector, but also as an unpredictable approach to opponents. If timed correctly, it will trip opponents, leaving them vulnerable to follow-up attacks. Upon contact with the opposing technique, Defenser reverses the opponent's attack, whether it be close-range or projectile, upon them, returning it to sender, causing Samarra to retaliate in any way that they wish as well. If the attack is a projectile, it will simply be deflected behind them and upwards at about a thirty degree angle. It's worth noting explosive projectiles can still explode and will still do damage if they are struck when the Defenser is dissipated. If the attack is a powerful spell such as a Secret Art, then the attacker will be knocked back at a ninety degree angle. Samarra is capable of leaping out of the counterattack, allowing her to take the opponent by surprise. Essentially, a Defenser, when used to counter, multiplies a spell or technique's damage by one point five percent when there is a successful counter. Defenser is capable of being used for regular offense, as with it,Samarra is capable of knocking her opponent downwards. Defenser, when used as a counterattack, is weaker when used against airborne opponents, and doesn't become invincible. It can travel through enemies unhindered, though. However, since Samarra kicks it, she cannot hold it in place, meaning that timing is crucial in reflecting projectiles.
- Mori of the Seventh Petal (第七花びらの森 Dai Nana Hanabira no Mori): Another multilayered defense that is a class above Himorogi Delineation. This follows the same construction process as the former, where Samarra needs only to channel ethernano into her palm and then expels it outward to form the barrier. This spells starts with a construct of a blossoming flower with seven petals to completely protect Samarra. She then will layer six concentric rings atop the fower for an ultimate personal defense. Each layer has the defensive power of a fortress wall, and Samarra attests that no average mage's attack is capable of penetrating even the first layer. It is necessary for Samarra to provide ethernano to the shield, making it extremely draining if she were to keep it up for an extended period of time, but that is the price to pay for such a strong defense.
- Perennial Tamagaki (多年生玉垣 Tanensei Tamagaki): The most powerful barrier spell that Samarra can perform. When this is done Samarra's ethernano will resonate with each particle, making it immensely more powerful and capable of holding off an attack of Wizard Saint level. When this spell is conjured, it looks as if a Japanese style wall is rising from the ground, although it is transparent with a blue hue. The wall itself can span up to eight miles in length, and up to five feet thickness, making it a formidable barrier against the likes of a powerful Wizard Saint, or an army of mages. This spells requires a great deal of magical energy and so it is typically the final defense Samarra can perform. It follows the same principle as the Torri Stockade barrier in that it has the ability to reflect back attacks of lesser power as long as its walls remain undamaged and uncracked. The pressure given off by this spell is even enough to stop simple projectile weapons with its glowing aura.
Enormous Magical Power: Samarra has always been known to possess a phenomenal amount of magical power residing within her. Her power has only grown through the years, and has now risen to the levels to that of a Wizard Saint, powerful and overwhelming. Though many believe it to be a waste on her, since she uses her magic conservatively in battle, being primarily non-destructive in nature. However, its large quantity has assisted her in taking down foes that threaten the safety of her loved ones. Samarra has even awoken her Second Origin, something that allows her full access to all of her magic power. Her magical storage allows her prolong usage of her magic, and thus allow her to fight for as long as necessary. Through rigorous training and practice, Samarra has been able to hone her casting abilities so that her spells are not very costly, and allow her to conserve her magic for those she cannot seem to subdue through sheer tactics alone. It has been rumored that Samarra would be able to last 4 days on her magical energy if she were to fight a dangerous opponent; Samarra dismisses these claims, saying she has yet to fully test her magic reserves.
- Magical Aura(魔力の霊気, Maryoku no Reiki): A Magical Aura is a common term given to the exertion of magical energy into a form outside of Samarra's body that isn't used in the formation of spells. It has been demonstrated by various mages of varying potency, and is a common means of intimidation. A magical aura is created when the body's container of Eternano particles exceeds the limits of what it contains, or is purposefully released by Samarra. Upon doing so, the magical energy surges around the body and is exerted outwards in the form of an aura, which holds considerable pressure surrounding it. Depending on the level of magical power one possesses and the control behind it, it can be used as a means to intimidate another individual, or as a preparation for a powerful spell. A single magical aura can have a wide variety of effects dependent on the power an individual exerts, which will be outlined in the following sections. A standard aura is produced by mages with a moderate level of magical power within their body. By exerting it outward, it forms a thin layer of pressure that can cause one to be intimidated if they aren't a mage, or if they are a rather weak mage. This is generally demonstrated by individuals of S-Class strength when they are holding back, or when standard mages are showing that they are entering their full reserves of power. It should be noted that the density of this aura, by a S-Class mage, can cause physical attacks to be repelled with notable ease. Samarra, being that of a guild master's level, is able to give off an aura capable of repelling average mage's attacks if she wishes. Although typically not resulting to such wasteful measures, Samarra's aura has been seen to be a light blue color and looks as if it sparks with blue lightning.
Eternano Manipulation: From a young age Samarra had been somewhat of a protegee when it came to drawing in ambient eternano from the atmosphere; even able to do it kinetically, rather than through traditional means of meditation. He has the additional capabilities of absorbing eternano into his magical origin, as well as manipulating the eternano for offensive, defensive, and supportive purposes in any way that he wishes; although it still requires a great deal of concentration for him to harness ambient ethernano, and so it isn't used in battle frequently. Generally, a magician has an easier time collecting this stray ethernano in environments with higher concentrations of it such as the area where a vicious battle between others has progressed. He has however, been able to manipulate his own ethernano reserves with great skill, allowing him to execute attacks without excess waste of ethernano. At the absolutely highest level, a master magician's eternano prowess functions as a defense against illusions due to their sheer mastery over it, making them all but immune to everything except the strongest of fabrications.
- Physiological Meliorism (生理的な改善説, Seiri-tekina Kaizen-setsu) : Through the use of this magic a user is able to alter the efficiency of particular cells to allow for greater efficiency of a certain physiological process. Particularly used on the endocrine system, nervous system, muscular system, and skeletal system; this ability is able to effect all anatomical systems to improve a mages performance. This is done through the manipulation of their ethernano, allowing their magic to act as a catalyst or substitute substrate in various reactions in the body. This can greatly increase the output and efficiency of cell, as the body is able to use a form that can be replenished slowly through the means of ambient absorption; which is far less finite than the traditional metabolism and production.
- Aldo Mena: Vigilant- Adrenaline, also known as epinephrine a hormone secreted by the adrenal glands; especially in conditions of stress, increasing rates of blood circulation, breathing, and carbohydrate metabolism and preparing muscles for exertion. So once the mage is able to get control of the glands that secrete adrenaline Samarra may experience effects such as increased blood pressure allowing Samarra to react faster and become faster in general. As vasoconstriction occurs, Samarra may feel a bit stiffer afterwards using this.
- Aldo Mena: Unleashed- The manipulation of norepinephrine can be used to treat oneself and give Samarra on final push if Samarra is extremely wounded or fatigued. Once Samarra seems like he/she is about to faint or lose a fight due to fatigue the norepinephrine can kick in to increase blood pressure. As norepinephrine is referred to as a "stress" hormone, using an excess amount can lead to organs being worn down faster than usual.
- Aldo Mena: Propogate- Using ethernano as a substitute, a Mage is able to disperse ethernano through the epimysium of the skeletal muscles and cause massive depolarization of the muscle fibers which causes the body to utilize all myofibrils during contractions. This can give a Mage an extra 20% increase in brute force, but this comes with a cost. Because a Mage is overriding the bodies natural defense mechanism of not utilizing all muscle fibers, prolonged use of this spell can result in extreme tearing of the muscles and related torque injuries.
- Aldo Mena: Nutriment- but utilizing substrate substitution or ethernano catalysis on the adrenal gland, a Mage is able to increase their levels of cortisol, a steroid hormone. One this spell is in effect, the body will begin gluconeogenesis, allowing the body to have an increased supply of "fuel". Although this can increase the output of muscles, but giving it the copious amounts of energy it needs, it is one of the more risky spells to use; as prolonged use can increase water loss, increase protein and bone degradation, and decrease immune and healing functions. So this spell is best used for a quick boost in power on a final hit.
- Aldo Mena: Inspiration- By increasing production of erythropoietin in the kidneys and liver, the body is signaled to begin erythropoiesis, or the creation of red blood cells. With physiological meliorism a mage is able to increase their erythropoietin levels to hypoxic condition, which is about 10,000 mU of the hormone per milliliter of blood. This increase red blood cell production by almost 1000 fold, giving the mage a greater capacity for gas exchange, allowing their muscles to perform aerobic respiration and prevent the build up of lactic acid, which causes soreness.
- Aldo Mena: Vitality- Activating this spell will increase metabolic rate, protein synthesis, bone growth and repair, and increase the body's sensitivity to hormones like adrenaline. The manipulation of these hormones, via substrate substitution or ethernano catalysis, will increase protein, fat, and carbohydrate metabolism of the mage's body and improve how cells use energetic compounds.
- Aldo Mena: Vigor- Manipulating the hormone produced by adipose tissue, a mage is able to increase the concentration of Leptin going to the hypothalamus. Using this spell helps slow down appetite, speeds up lipolysis, and maintain energy homeostasis allowing a mage to fight without fatigue for a greater period of time, while still maintaining substantial enough energy to fight at peak performance.
- Aldo Mena: Overhaul- Concentrating their ethernano on the anterior pituarity gland, a mage can stimulate release of Growth Hormone (GH) to stimulates growth, cell reproduction, and cell regeneration. This allows a mage to recover from injuries and minor wounds within a matter of seconds. The effects of this spell is only highly effective on superficial wounds, yet it can help with deep wounds by increasing the healing process exponentially related to the amount of ethernano output.
- Aldo Mena: Alleviate- This is a two fold modification that helps with releasing greater concentrations of enkephalin, a pain suppressant. This is one of the more difficult spells to master if Samarra wishes to grant instant pain relief. This can be done as a localized spell, or a generalized spell. Samarra will modify their ethernano to act as a substitute preproenkephalin, a signal peptide that will cause the cells to release proenkephalin. If wishing to use this a precaution, a user can stop this spell in the first stage and allow their body to naturally create enkephalin through the post-translational modification of proenkephalin. If wanting to grant instant pain relief, Samarra may enter the second stage and use their magic to catalyze the proteases used to cleave peptide bonds on proenkephalin and greatly reduce the time for the opioid peptide to take effect.
- Harmonic Convergence (高調波収束, Kōchōha Shūsoku) is an enhancement that Samarra can perform after she mastered the art of ethernano manipulation through years of training. It allows her to harness the power of pure ethernano from the environment to give both her body and her attacks a heightened level of performance due to the strength that comes from the natural energy of the world. Since the birth of magic, mages have taken in ethernano from the ambient air to help fill their magical origins. This ethernano is then processed by their body into a form that reflects the given nature of a mage's own naturally produced magic, making it so the body does not reject this outside energy. This process of converting ambient ethernano into that which is compatible with the body takes quite a bit of time, something that can last up to an entire day if the mage has completely depleted their origin. But after years of training and meditation, mages have found a way to take in the pure ethernano present in the earth and air, making it possible to overcome this time consuming conversion process. Only mages who have mastered the art of ethernano manipulation are able to take in the pure ethernano of Earthland at an accelerated rate, doing what would take normal mages hours to assimilate, in a matter of seconds. They are also able to alter the natural ethernano within their body to act as a buffer so that the use and storage of such power will not harm their magic origin. Samarra is able to enter this mode during battle, though in order to take in the pure magical power she must remain still and focused; which is why most assimilation is done during meditation prior to battle. Samarra is able to meditate and draw in the pure ethernano, isolating the substance as to protect it from the body's natural transcription and translation of the substance into their own ethernano nature. She then is able to hold this energy in her second origin to be brought out later, but at a cost. She can only have at most fifty percent of her second origin filled with this pure ethernano. Should the pure ethernano become the majority of the mixture, it will overwhelm the second origin and cause great damage; potentially sealing it off. Once she has successfully stored such ethernano, when she tap into her second origin during battle her body will take on the appearance of a white glow, similar to that of an aura release, as well as the pure ethernano's effect on Samarra's iris will cause them to give off a glowing effect as well. Using pure ethernano can give her peak physical abilities as well as turn her spells into those of incomparable strength.The nature of this enhancement will increase Samarra's strength, speed, and biological processes nearly tenfold as the body reacts with this new substrate. This allows ger to enter a state of heightened awareness, where ger perception, reaction time, and subsequent counter would allow Samarra to take on an opponent who may be classes above them with a degree of ease. The control and manipulation of the pure ethernano entering ger body will also increase the potency of Samarra's spells, making them able to easily obliterate what they could not before. This does come at a cost however. Should Samarra rely solely on the pure ethernano they assimilate, her attacks will lose whatever elemental nature their magic initially possessed, in her case they lose their lightning affinity. Her spells will instead become bouts of pure ethernano energy with the exchange of a spell power twice that of it's normal deliverance.
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Samarra is a highly skilled combatant, trained to such a degree that she's capable of engaging with opponents much larger than herself. Her style of combat relies on a combination of stealth tactics, deception and quick strikes. She's an experienced fighter specializing in pressure points and vital areas first to maximize the damage she can inflict. This allows her to drop physically stronger and more durable opponents by focusing on those points with her attacks. Samarra also employs long distance fighting that takes advantage of her speed, agility and magic. This allows her to remain at a safe distance when fighting to minimize her own damage. Having been raised within a dojo, so to speak, she has been able to become well versed in a few different types of martial arts styles; often intertwining aspects of each of them during a battle to make her attack patterns unpredictable.
- Capoeira: Taking advantage of the speed that comes along with Lightning Magic, the Inari Family has focused on incorporating this into the historical martial arts style of Capoeira. Being a fast and versatile martial art, this style emphasizes using the lower body to kick, sweep and take down an opponent, while the upper body is used assist those movements and occasionally attack as well.The series of complex positions creates an uninterrupted flow, in order to strike, dodge and move without breaking motion, giving it the characteristics of unpredictability and versatility.The defense is based on the principle of non-resistance, meaning avoiding an attack using evasive moves instead of blocking it. This fighting strategy allows quick and unpredictable counterattacks, giving the mage with the fastest reflexes the upper hand.
- Aiki-jūjutsu: One of the other main form of martial arts practiced at the Inari Family residence, Samarra has grown to be highly skilled in its use. Like other forms of jujutsu, it emphasizes throwing techniques and joint manipulations to effectively subdue or injure an opponent. With her rather quick reflexes and movements, Samarra is able to blend her defensive and offensive strike to fluidly neutralize an attack's effectiveness and to use the force of the attacker's movement against him. Some of the art's striking methods employ the swinging of the outstretched arms to create power and to hit with the fists at deceptive angles, this can easily level an opponent by striking vital points. This way Samarra is free to use her knee to pin her opponent, while leaving her hands free to access weapons or to deal with the threat of other opponents. When combined with Capoeira, Samarra can be highly lethal when subduing an opponent by alternating between the swift kicks of Capoeira and the damaging blows done by Aiki-jujutsu.
- Ki no Michi (木の道, Ki no Michi lit. "The Way of the Tree") is a martial arts style created by the monks of the Minstrel Mountains. It is said that the monks created it to be an integration of their martial arts practices and the personal expression of their philosophy to "live like that of a tree. Staying sturdy with deep roots, even in the face of a growing storm or scorching sun." This fast paced, flexible style of martial arts focuses on neutralizing an attack early on or using Samarras momentum and predicted trajectory to dodge said attack for a counter. It emphasizes a majority of throwing techniques and joint manipulations, although the use of a mages Ki, later realized to be eternano, is of great importance when delivering an effective block or counter. Also of particular importance is the timing of a defensive technique, either to blend or to neutralize an attack's effectiveness and to use the force of the attacker's movement against him. This means that a mage must be of fast body and mind in order to read an opponents intentions and movements in order to effectively block.
- God Cedar Cranial Descent (神杉頭蓋降下, Kamisugi Tōgai Kōka): Working best as in immediate counter move to follow an opponent's momentum, however, this move does require a great deal of strength to aid in the execution. As an opponent comes in for an attack, the mage will target the leading foot and scoop one the opponents thighs with their free hand. Using the opponents momentum to aid in their ascension, the mage will lift their opponent upside down so that their head is the closest point of contact to the earth. The mage will then proceed to drop to their side or back, driving the opponent into the earth on their neck and shoulders, or on the top of their head. If executed properly this move will follow one fluid motion and can leave the opponent with severe dizziness, a concussion, cracked cranium, paralysis, or even death if the opponent happens to land in such a way.
- Great Banyan Dance (大きなガジュマルの踊り, Ōkina Gajumaru no Dansu): Beginning with an ethernano pulse from a low rise kick to the opponent's sternum, a mage is effectively knocked up into the air. Afterwards, Samarra's moves will differ based on the opening they see. She will typically swivel gracefully to land a kick to the left side of their opponent. This will shift the opponents center of gravity on their fall to cause them fall on their side. On the opponents decent, a backhand strike to the face will shift the opponent's body to be parallel with the ground. It finishes with a ethernano infused punch to the gut upon the opponents impact with the ground. This final blow has been seen to break ribs, and never fails to knock the wind straight out of their lungs. Samarra has been seen infusing her own magic into the hits to make this dance much more lethal and powerful.
- Jaya Sri Maha Kick (ジャヤスリマハキック, Jayasurimahakikku): Once Samarra is able to see an opening, they focus a great deal of ethernano into their leg for power, while also maintaining their center of balance and delivers a kick at the opponent's weak spot. The only major weakness of this technique is that Samarra has to focus a great deal of ethernano into their legs, forcing them to lower the power given to their arms; this can be covered by an X guarded stance, or use the free leg to block as well. With the swiftness and power concentrated into the leg, this is easily break bones if an opponent holds no defensive protection. This is also a versatile skill that can be used to launch a practitioner into the air with a vertical distance of 45 feet.
- Jōmon Sugi Thrust (縄文杉の推力, Jōmon Sugi no Suiryoku): This technique begins with an open palm uppercut to the opponent's chin at close range. Once the hand is placed against the opponent's chin, the free hand is then used to strike the connected elbow. The force created from both hands is now behind a single point that's in contact with the opponent's chin. Since the hand is already in contact with the opponent's chin, they won't be able to evade the second hit. This is a skillful move to evade a grasp, as your opponent is within range and would not be able to stand the backward force to their spinal column without releasing their hold.
- Chankiri Revenge (チャンキリ復讐, Chankiri Fukushū): With one arm cocked back, and the other extended forward, Samarra throws a punch from the drawn-arrow stance. The mage delivers an swift punch forward to the chest, using a pulse of ethernano to knock the wind out of the chest. A swift turn of the hips will send the other hand to dig into the heart with wrist bent and elbow facing downward. The end result can lead to cardiac arrest from blunt trauma to the heart. This move does take a great skill of precision to deliver the second blow through the spacing of the ribs. So a mage must practice on a multitude of targets before delivering such a fatal blow.
- Kannimara Chord Cut (カニマラコードカット, Kanimara Kōdokatto): while in a fighting stance, the lead fist is thrown straight ahead and the arm is fully extended. With fingers extended outward, Samarra covers her hand in a coat of ethernano; at the moment of impact, the pronated hand is generally held in a horizontal orientation with the palm facing the ground. The power of this attack comes from it's ability to cut the vessels of it's opponent when executed with enough force. Using two fingers can cut off blood flow until the pressure is released, three can cause severe bruising, four fingers can cut superficial nerves and vessels, and 5 finger can damage muscle fibers.
- Tembusu Mania Blitz (テンブスブリッツマニア, Tenbusu Burittsumania): This strike follows a downward push of the target's own strike by applying fierce pressure to the joint's of the target's striking limb and causing it to lose it's consecutive momentum. Afterwards, Samarra to stiff her body to it's utmost limits on the moment of impact. When the practitioner uses it at the right moment in a strike, all of her joints will be fixed. Although difficult, if done correctly,they will strike with the weight of herr whole body. When the strike is covered in ethernano, and comes in contact with the water that makes up the human body, it sends a shock wave through the body that can temporarily paralyze the target.
Spear/Staff Specialist: Her skill as a warrior with the spear stands high, allowing her to use a variety of polearms in battle. She can be seen utilizing fluid motions when she is wielding a spear, giving her attacks a sense of grace, as well as a seemingly endless array of potential strikes. By slowing her breathing down to match her opponent's Samarra is capable of entering a state of keen awareness of her opponents moves, basing it on the pattern and alteration of their breaths. Her stance can alter between one for countering her opponent's moves by using the shaft of her spear to deflect attacks away; or she can lower her spear toward the ground to execute various ethernano defenses, like Defenser. It is this lowered stance Samarra becomes far more deadly, as she is capable of blocking attacks from any direction as well as being able to attack with a swift raise of the spear. She is able to perform as a dual-handed spearwoman, capable of using each hand to fight and throw her opponents off guard. When using her spears she has shown a master usage of Sojutsu and Bojutsu, with an elite mastery in Torunku Ryu, and has even gone as far being capable of moving her spear fast enough to deflect projectiles. Her ability to perform tremendously powerful and precise strikes, launch several consecutive strikes in a matter of mere moments, and versatility against opponents has given her the skill to render many of her targets unable to fight by striking and paralyzing the joints needed to wield a weapon.
- Torunku Ryū: The offensive aspects of the style focus on conditioning Samarra on an instinctive basis to, when fighting with a pole weapon, always keep the opponent within a certain zone of attack to optimize offense while still retaining the ability to defend oneself. By keeping the opponent a comfortable distance away Samarra is able to focus more on offense. Taking advantage of the extended reach of the staff, Torunku-Ryu holds a distinct advantage over weapons with shorter reaches, besetting the enemy with a relentless flurry of vigorous assaults at range. In the interest of pressing the advantage, practitioners of this weapons form are able to close considerable distance in a short space of time relying on pure agility as long as the opponent is within 15 meters of their position. Because of the extended reach of the weapons used in this form Samarra is able to deliver attacks faster than the time it takes for an opponent to cast a spell, forcing the mage to attempt to physically dodge or block Samarra's strike. Thus, this weapons form is extremely effective in closing the distance and forcing a direct physical confrontation. A master of such art can fight fluidly with two polearms at once. The draw back to this form is that Samarra will not be able to fight quite as effectively in extreme close quarters, nor can the advantage be maintained if the opponent's weapon is sufficiently heavy or of similar length to Samarra's. Torunku Ryu is also excellent at defense and evasive maneuvers. The defensive aspects of the style rely on perception and awareness of surroundings. By using deceptively quick sweeping movements Samarra is able to divert force away from their body easily by simultaneously shifting into the least accessible position while also not confronting the force directly when necessary. This can work to defend Samarra even from extremely swift assaults. Samarra can easily alternate between offence and defense, as this form allows for fluid transition. In addition Samarra is trained to whip the staff around their body so quickly, they are able to block multiple projectiles from several directions easily so long as none are fired from a blind spot. This form is less effective in close quarters or in tight, confined spaces with places to potentially catch the staff weapon and halt its movement. Adept skill in the style allows Samarra to fight on par with close range combat masters on equal terms, and mastery of the style allows Samarra the ability to fight on equal terms with nearly any opponent.
- Bōjutsu: The basis of bo technique comes from thrusting, swinging, and striking techniques that often resemble empty-hand movements, following the philosophy that the bō is merely an "extension of one’s limbs". Bōjutsu attacks are often avoided by agile footwork or jumps and returning strikes made at the enemy’s weak points. The bō is typically gripped in thirds, and when held horizontally in front, the right palm is facing away from the body and the left hand is facing the body, enabling the bō to rotate. The power is generated by the back hand pulling the bō, while the front hand is used for guidance. When striking, the wrist is twisted, as if turning the hand over when punching. Bō technique includes a wide variety of blocks, strikes, sweeps, and entrapments. The bō may even be used to sweep sand into an opponent’s eyes.
- Sojutsu: Sojutsu focuses on the various uses of the spear in combat, and is one of the principle stance and holding techniques for those who learn the spear. Generally speaking, there are many kinds of spears or, Yari, that a mage can use within combat, however, nearly all of them are used in the same way. Samarra holds the bottom of the shaft with one hand and uses the other one near the middle. With the spear held like this, Samarra can keep the weapon between herself and the opponent, giving her a great advantage, and can also move it out of the opponent's range and slash back at them easily.
Grandmaster Swordsmanship: Her swordsmanship is on par with a master; and when combined with her summoning magic arsenal, she can fluidly wield any blade with the utmost precision. This is because when she is not performing her guild master duties, she is training with the guild members of Koma Inu and harnessing her skills alongside them. She has honed her ability to wield any weapon with near perfection due to the teachings of her family during her childhood, a skill she seemingly had a knack for from the start. She is also able to switch from one weapon to another almost seamlessly and can easily overwhelm an opponent if given any opening. The tremendous cutting power of Samarra’s sword strikes are capable of effortlessly slicing through defenses with extreme accuracy and proficiency, focusing on fluid concise strikes that maximize the damage capable of being dealt. Samarra can effectively wield one-handed and two-handed weapons, and can dual wield them as well, giving her an edge on those who stick with one form of swordsmanship. Her rigorous training grants her the ability to wield a long range of blunt and bladed weapons and show master precision with each of them. Her range of weapons can vary from katana, maces, throwing knives, long blades, dual sai, and staffs. Each strike is fluid and precise, holding tremendous power and lethality with a single blow. She has great range on her attacks as well, as her weapons are levitated through the use of ferrokinesis and electromagnetism, and thrown at the intended targets nearby; an action which causes great difficulty for those trying to advance on her. Her speed and precision helps her create a large-scale mobility as a means for versatility and uncertainty when attacking.
- Master Iaijutsu: One of the principle sword techniques Samarra has at her disposal, this technique is by far her most proficient. Iaijutsu is a combative sword-drawing art, but not necessarily an aggressive art, because iaijutsu is also a counterattack-oriented art. Iaijutsu technique may be used aggressively to wage a premeditated surprise attack against an unsuspecting enemy. This fits in well with Samarra's nature as she is never one to initiate attack without reason, and this art allows her to focus on counter attacks.
- Jikishinkage-ryū: This is mainly learned to teach a mage footwork and breathing. The footwork used in the Jikishinkage-ryū style and can be translated as law, rule or method (for) transporting, conveying or carrying ('walking'). It is stressed that both feet stay firmly planted on the ground at all times. The kiai consists not only of the shouting, like most martial arts, but of the proper way of inhaling and state of mind as well. Every kata has two distinct roles called uchidachi, the striking/attacking sword, and shidachi, the doing/receiving sword. Roughly, the swordsman draws a semicircle (upwards or downwards) with both their right hand (holding the sword), and their left hand (free). They finish the movement with his arms extended, the sword pointing upwards, and the free hand's index finger pointing downwards. They represent all the things in heaven and all the things in earth, and the practitioner in the center of everything. Another typical technique is both arms movement in which uchidachi raises with both arms and receives the subsequent uchikomi with the side of the blade. This results in thrusting the left arm forwards and turning both arms outwards to allow to absorb shidachi's cut which is in kiritsuki style like performed by a kaishakunin.
- Hokushin Ittō-ryū: Hokushin Ittō-ryū is a very intense dueling style, which focuses on simple and fast techniques where no unnecessary movements are made. Controlling the enemy’s center line with the Kiri-Otoshi and dominating him with extremely fast tsuki-waza are the signature techniques of this ryūha. The principles of this style are that a perfect technique should contain defense and offense in one action.
- Air Slicer (エアスライサー Easuraisā):Her power with a sword is on par with that of any guild master, and she can also put forth a great deal of power behind her strikes. An example of this is her power to swing her sword with such great force that it creates a concentrated air current that is capable of slicing through objects in her path; regardless of if the blade actually hits the target or not.
- Deflection Style (プラズマ剣実戦・偏差型, Hensa Kata; lit. "Plasma Saber Combat: Deflection Style"): The Deflection Style is a form of plasma blade combat that combines certain elements from both Shin's and Daemon's fighting style. It was developed out of a necessity to defend against projectile weapons, plasma riffles and long ranged elemental magic attacks. It relies on tight bladework and subtle dodges to provide maximum defensive coverage, minimizing exposure to ranged weaponry. It borders around economy of motion and energy efficiency, keeping up constant blade-movement to build up momentum and minimize energy-expenditure. Since a plasma blade weighs next to nothing, it possible for her to perform several challenging feats and battle for hours without tiring herself easily. It is focused on strong defensive technique to essentially outlast opponent(s), waiting until they began making mistakes due to frustration or fatigue, before taking advantage of these lapses and countering. It stresses on quick reflexes and fast positional transition, in order to overcome the rapidity with which a magical weapon could be fired. This technique minimizes the body's exposure, making a well-trained practitioner, such as, Samarra very hard to hit in battle; though, it's not impossible. It focuses almost entirely on self-defense, often at the expense of offensive capabilities. The tactics encouraged by the style involved the reliance on pure defense while essentially waiting out the opponent, holding back until his frustration or fatigue inevitably caused his defense to lapse, then employing an alternate, more aggressive attack to take advantage of this. In this unique form, Samarra's blade is held back in a one-handed grip, angled forwards with the left arm held parallel, the off-hand held up in a challenge and the dominant foot is positioned behind the other feet. The form also has a few disarming moves, that allows Samarra to disarm her opponents quickly but without actually harming them. However, these disarming moves are not effective against other plasma blade wielders; though, it may take others by surprise due to their foreign style.
- Aerial Crescent (架空上弦, Kakū Jōgen): Aerial Crescent is a defensive maneuver and a counter attack strategy that is mostly used by Deflection Style users, such as Samarra. In this move, Samarra avoids an incoming attack aimed for her legs by jumping upwards and then grabbing her plasma blade by two hands and thrusting them downwards, delivering an aerial stab to the enemy. It has also been referred as the most used counter-attack maneuver by Samarras of this style.
- Deflection (偏差, Piānchā): Samarra using her style, performs a slash that is specifically designed to work like a block against magical guns, cannons and projectiles. This move serves the dual purposes of allowing Samarra to redirect the momentum generated by deflecting an enemy projectile into a slashing attack at an adjacent target, and allowing her to advance and close the distance before the attacker could fire off another shot.
- Sword Pressure (剣圧, Ken'atsu): When performing the Sword Pressure technique, Samarra swings forward with their sword, swinging the blade so swiftly that it seems that Samarra is able to utilize air itself to slice enemies, focusing a current of wind to the point where it takes on a sharp edge, which Samarra launches at foes; sending it through the air towards Samarra's enemy. It is a powerful blade of pressure that appears as faint ripples of wind that is launched towards the foe at high speeds; this attack enables Samarra to assault things which are out of their sword's range, sending slashes which fly through the air itself; and can even remain floating in it until the right moment to slash. The person struck by the sword pressure is assaulted by countless invisible blades which happens so fast that they would normally be unable to properly react in time, carving up their body. Also, the strong wind power will blow away all incoming projectile weapons and will even make the opponent unable to stay on their feet; this technique possesses enough power to slice down many trees in a forest. This technique can deflect both physical and sound wave attacks and attack at the same time, making it both an offensive and defensive technique. These blades of wind possess incredible range and devastating power; and at its highest level of mastery, the sword pressure is capable of cutting through barriers of magical energy; and they can even remain floating within the air until the right minute to slash.
- Sword Beam (魔力剣波 (ソード・ビーム), Sōdo Bīmu lit. Magical Power Sword Wave) is one of the most basic Sword Magic spells to exist; while it is unknown, perhaps it is one of the first spells to be developed, as it is the basis for any magical attack that launches some sort of energy from a weapon; it allows Samarra to fire a wave of magical power from their sword.When performing the Sword Beam spell, Samarra infuses their sword with their magical energy, condensing it to its utmost limit, converging at a singular point—the tip of the sword; intensifying the kinetic energy that is about to be released by convergence and acceleration. This process can take from about half a second to a full minute, depending on Samarra's preferences or the properties of the blade; the caster is capable of compressing even more of their magical energy upon their sword to achieve a higher level of power. In any case, once this process has been completed, at the instant of the slash, Samarra swiftly releases the magical energy compressed upon the blade which magnifies the slash attack, unleashing it in the form of a wave of energy that flies forward at high speeds. The principal use of Sword Beam is to strike at adversaries outside of the sword's range, effectively nullifying the claim that swords are meant for close-range combat only. In any case, the Sword Beam spell, without any modifications, is extremely powerful, as it possesses great force that enables Samarra to unleash large-scale damage and destruction. Upon impact, the Sword Beam spell causes a large explosion with enough momentum to breach defenses; making it extremely powerful, ripping into the ground and destroying a very large prison building. A single swing of it is more than enough to disperse an entire rainstorm; as well as demolish a large radius of the surroundings and leave behind a huge crater in the wake of the attack. It can be utilized in many ways; striking at the ground allows Samarra to unleash the energy condensed upon their blade as an omnidirectional blade which can used as an impromptu shield for incoming attacks while upturning the earth before them; the debris of which crushes everything in its path. What should be noted is that the Sword Beam spell possesses homing properties; tracking the foe's heat signature in order to sniff them out and deal damage; curving until it reaches its destination; once fired, Samarra can move around as normal without any drawback. The attack requires about two seconds to travel a few hundred-kilometer distance, and Samarra can immediately fire the next attack after confirming a miss as long as they have magical energy left.
- Shield Breaker (シールドブレイカー, Shīrudo Bureikā): Shield Breaker is one of Samarra's most powerful sword attacks; when using it, Samarra charges eternano into her blade, then she unleashes a mighty overhead slash, which causes a decent-sized explosion of lightning upon impact. Samarra takes a bit of recoil from the explosion, but because it is her own magic, the effects are minimal.
- Marvelous Combination (マーベラスコンビネーション, Māberasu Konbinēshon): Marvelous Combination is a unique sword technique, as it consists of four different attacks chained together. The attacks simply change the motion trail of his sword, but swiftly moving the blade along with alternating wrist and pivot movements, it is extremely challenging to tell which angle the blade will be striking from. If the first hit connects, it is nearly impossible to escape the rest of the combo. This is a combination based on speed and misdirection, making it one of the most versatile moves for Samarra.
- Kitsune Slash (狐スラッシュ, Kitsune Surasshu): Kitsune Slash is a sword technique which is most notable for it's quick execution; almost as fast as the speed of lightning. When using it, Samarra quickly gathers her magical energy within her feet and leaps up, expelling the magical energy as a sort of boost, flying quickly upwards with her blade extended out horizontally beneath the enemy. Kitsune Slash is best used point blank if it's meant to be used as an attack, since there is a greater chance of hitting the target with the edge of the blade. Samarra can adjust her trajectory anywhere from directly upward to a 45 degree diagonal on either side, at the expense of some vertical distance.
- Heaven-Shaking Slash (動天斬, Dōtenzan): The Heaven-Shaking Slash lives up to its name quite clearly; its a slash so powerful everything trembles in its wake. Unlike several Sword Magic spells, it can be utilized with any sword so long as Samarra is capable of manifesting the required energy to make use of it properly. The Heaven-Shaking Slash works by concentrating an excess of magical power into one's blade, creating surges of magical energy leaking out of the medium which the spell is being used from. From therein, Samarra makes a slash, generally vertical, against the opponent in question. The slash builds up an extraordinary amount of momentum from the movement that goes behind it, therefore releasing destructive shockwaves of kinetic energy which can slice through inanimate objects such as trees and even steel with some effort. While the spell is very powerful and effective, inappropriate use can easily lead to fatigue and unwanted destruction of the surrounding environment.
Tactical Abilities: Samarra is one to rely on her intelligence to win over an opponent. She rigorously studies every aspect of a mission before embarking, which is way she is always 10 steps ahead of the enemy. Her quick wit and sharp intuition are keen in battle, giving her the upper hand to stay ahead of enemies who only think of their attacks in the short run. She is highly observant and analytical, and judging from how quickly she can analyze an opponent's power and attack patterns to ultimately make them useless against her with due time, she has been called an excellent strategist who knows how to use the environment to her advantage. She is capable of performing a calm analysis of battle conditions, even when in danger, and deduces an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. This can also translate into easily pinpoint weaknesses, stay a few moves ahead of her opponent, and quickly calculate new battle plans as the fight is taking place. This is in part due to her great instincts and intuition which allows her to quickly become aware of his surroundings and react to incoming danger in time. She is very precise when it comes to her attacks; being able to block, counter, and strike within milliseconds of each other. These sharp reflexes and complex battle strategies is why Samarra was given the name the Flash Tactician (閃光軍師 Senkō Gunshi). Her abilities to coordinate multiple units was seen during the Shattered Dusk War, where she commanded the Toveri Alliance forces and devised and relayed plans to all seven units in battle, including her own. These plans ultimately lead to the downfall of their opposing organization with little casualties or mishaps. This ability to command various units also lead to the skillful invasion of Aeternum with the insurmountable forces of the Toveri Alliance, a necessary evil that Samarra saw they needed to take in order to minimize innocent casualties on Ishgar’s own front.
- Keen Observer: During combat, or when her opponent is casting, Samarra can observe their movements and discern their attack patterns, allowing her to anticipate their next move. This is in turn helped with her Static Detection, giving her the ability to denote concentrated electric impulses in a mage’s muscles when they prepare to move. She can apply her intelligence to this particular skill as a form of analytical reasoning to allow her to prepare a proper counterattack, or time her opponent’s attacks to help escape harm’s way. As a person who favors her mind over her brawn, Samarra makes sure to develop every aspect of her mental abilities so that can offset any physical weaknesses. Those these skills were developed at a very early age when she would spar with her siblings and family members, her role as a guild master has given her time to hone the reverse side of this skill and be able to observe patterns from a distance, rather than up close during a fight. By watching her guild member’s spar she is able to see various styles of combat and denote similarities between different motions; an example being the slight rocking motion of the feet when someone is going for a full punch, where as a feint punch does not have the momentum gained by the rocking motion on the balls of the feet. This has altered her sense of group battles as well, as now she sees each battle like that of a chess board in her mind; having an aerial view of the location of each person and how their actions will affect the overall outcome of the match. This has come from countless fights being watched during events such as the S Class Trials and Grand Magic Games, where group battles are a frequent occurance.
Resounding Strength: Samarra has proven to be deceptively strong for her size and build due to what some would call “the pressure” of the Inari Family and their status and strong warriors; though Samarra never say it as a chore or obligation. She found great enjoyment in the physical conditioning that comes from being a mage, and continuously fought to improve herself. It is this determination and continuous training that allowed her to obtain her impressive physique and have the knowledge of how to use her muscle and physics to overcome those much greater than her. She has enough physical strength to block an enemies hit with little difficulty, and has been able to overpower foes much larger than herself by simply using their own body weight against them. She can punch at the incredible speeds, and with assistance from her magic and an enemy’s momentum, giving her enough force to effectively render them incapacitated with strikes to vital areas. Possibly best seen through her swordsmanship, a simple swing from her katana is enough to create powerful shockwaves of air, each as sharp as the edge of her blade. It is this strength that gives her the ability to hold off strikes from weapons far outweighing her own, even being able to push back against them to give her more space to execute a follow up attack.
High Pain Tollerence and Heightened Sensation: The Inari bloodline show excessively high pain tolerance, with markedly decreased endogenous concentrations of nociceptin (pain-activating neurotransmitter) and extraordinarily high levels of enkephalin and anandamide (natural biologically-occurring pain relievers), which both serve to decrease pain reception. Furthermore, their thalamus show super-threshold afferent and efferent innervation, especially to the eye, ear, nose, and somatosensors, thus increasing the ability of their central nervous system to receive and integrate external sensory stimuli. This increased perception time, in combination with their heighten impulse speed, has given them a reaction time of 0.047; a time twice that of the average human.
Endurance: She has above average endurance, due to long nights training with her father and her body’s acclimatization to such an active lifestyle. Her muscles express extensive and continual neovascularization and increased mitochondrial proliferation, accelerating both short-duration and long-duration muscular contraction by capillary perfusion and readily available creatine phosphate. This physiology grants her greater stamina when compared to an ordinary mage, allowing her to operate at peak capacity for several hours without fatigue. Her joints and bone structure have also adapted to such strain, giving them her incredible stamina as well. She is able to take a hit and keep on fighting despite the cosmetic damage the blow does. Her strong will to protect her loved ones prevents her from giving up, and she will continue to fight to save them till her last dying breath.
Master Acrobatic Skills/Superb Flexibility: Samarra has been shown able to easily perform amazing acrobatic feats giving her the flexibility necessary to execute difficult physical combinations with no strain or discomfort. She has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most skilled acrobats and easily incorporates this into her fighting style. Her leg strength and flexibility gives her the power and poise needed to climb high above the ground, positioning herself in places which enemies cannot reach while she uses her magic against them. She has impressive personal strength and phenomenal equilibrium, making her one of the more skilled mages; as accomplishing feats such as scaling a wall, evading trip wires, and leaping from roof support beams is easily accomplished with little to no discomfort. She is able to gracefully move in the air, and perform flexible maneuvers to evade attacks from her enemy upon descent. Even on platforms that others would find unsteady, Samarra manages to retain balance while switching positions without a single effort. She is able to perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts with ease such as flips, springs, and twists. Samarra is extraordinarily limber and her tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, making feats such as flips and springs as easy as breathing.
Incredible Speed: Samarra has shown to be immensely fast, partly due to her training from a young age, and her knack for High Speed and Lightning Magic, giving her access to speeds though impossible for those of High Speed mages. Her cardiovascular and respiratory systems have become far more efficient than those of a normal human due to repetitive training and conditioning. The chemical processes within her muscles are so highly enhanced and efficient that her body does not produce lactic acid or other harmful byproducts of respiration, or rather, it produces so little of it that it is almost negligible. Her joints are smoother and lubricated more efficiently, as well as increased tensile strength on her tendons and muscle fibers to better suit that of high speed exertion; preventing her from getting injured due to the strain it potentiall places on her body. Her tremendous power allows her to move fast enough to instantly close a huge gap of space between her and her opponent without much exertion. Her body moves at such high levels that some have deemed her speed more akin to that of teleportation, as she can position herself behind an enemy a hundred feet away before they can even blink. She can effectively use her agility to keep up with her opponent's attack pattern; this incredible speed gives her a leg up in close-range fights, as she is able to hit and evade within a matter of seconds. She uses this speed and agility to send of a melee of punches in vital areas before her opponent has the chance to block or dodge, thus opening up the path to a more secure victory.
Samarra holds her father to the highest respect, not only as the head of her family, but as a formidable mage and mentor. His kind and caring disposition is what Samarra strives for, and it is his wisdom that often leads Samarra to him for advice. After the passing of her mother, Samarra vowed to spend as much time with her father as she could to make sure she never misses a chance to say that she loves him. Aldrich took her under his wing and taught her all he knows about magic, making sure that Samarra was strong and able to survive on her own. It was his teachings and persuasions that lead Samarra to move to Onibus and start her own guild.
Having grown up a few years apart, these sisters have a very strong connection to one another, but Samarra is definitely seen as the overprotective "motherly" one. Even during their sparring matches with one another, Samarra would gladly teach Kalina any move in her arsenal, but would never go all out for fear of hurting her baby sister. Nonetheless, these two sisters share the same heart and mind, going out of their way to help those around them. They maintain a close relationship despite being so far away from one another due to their guild life.
As her older brother, Samarra and Hiro fall into the typical older-younger sibling relationship. The tend to tease one another a lot, and both share a very competitive drive while sparring with each other. Samarra holds a high respect for Hiro and his new role as the head of the Inari Family. Although Samarra will always tease him and say that she gave that position to him, since she refused, but underneath this teasing she feels Hiro is much better suited for the role. At the end of the day though, both siblings love one another deeply.
Sharing a mutual trust and respect for one another, this doesn't stop them from playfully pranking one another and spitting witty remarks back and forth. Although her and Shin are not biologically related, to the outside eye, it goes unnoticed. Shin has even stated that, "Their bond is several times stronger than some stupid blood bond." Samarra does tend to act as a mentor and motherly figure towards Shin, sharing advice that she has gathered from her experiences. But the two overall share a bond that can't be broken, and would gladly put their life on the line to protect each other.
Samarra finds Dakota highly admirable for her ability to stay level headed during combative situations. Her eccentric personality is always a breath of fresh air for Samarra and always seems to surprise her with the ideas, or blunt comments, that seem to pop out of the girl’s mouth. None the less Samarra enjoys having Dakota around, as the girl always manages to know what is going on in Samarra’s head, but has the shameless guts to speak it out loud for her. As a mage, Samarra finds Dakota’s strength both graceful and powerful, something that embodies the true spirit that she likes to see in Koma’s mages; but her ego, short temper, and wavering humility is something that Samarra is displeased by and is probably the sole reason that Samarra has only looked at Dakota as a potential contender for the title of Master when Samarra chooses to step down. But her dedication, leadership abilities, and strong support for her guildmates always seem to sway Samarra back towards considering Dakota as a viable choice.
As one of the first pupils Samarra has taken on, Nova has always held a spot in Samarra’s heart akin to that of a sister. Her ability as a mage are up to par to be fitting as Samarra’s first choice for S Class in Koma’s history, and is a skill that exceedingly tests Samarra’s own with that of bladed weaponry. Samarra sees great leadership in Nova, having gone on many a challenging battle with The Stealth Guard, and attributing the excellence of the outcome to Nova’s ability to gracefully and tactfully direct her two teammates to the best possible outcome. Samarra has great concern for the darkness that still lurks inside her soul, but has all the faith that Nova will continue to control it. Samarra sees Nova as one of the star possibilities for taking over her role as guild master when the time comes, but her frequent absences and darkness that seems to still lurk and scheme within is something that makes Samarra hesitant at times.
Samarra never has a sad or dull moment when she is around Aiden, always admiring his happy-go-lucky attitude and joyful conversation skills. Samarra has come to love his punny wit, and is always cheering him during the rare occasion he comes out to guild events. His strength is something she had seemingly glanced over when he first joined, but in due time she has come to see his strength as something far greater than what she could have imagined. His skills as a mage are always a pleasure to watch for Samarra, and she aspires to hone her own hand-to-hand combat skills to be as sharp as his one day.
Samarra sees Tojima as perhaps the greatest mind in her guild; admiring his logical and intelligent approach to most situations. His strength is something that she sees surpassing her own in their respective elemental advancements, and is what she attributes to Tojima’s nomination as a potential Wizard Saint. Though he seems to enjoy his time in solitude, Samarra has managed to talk to him on occasion, but has heard of his admirable traits through frequent chatter with his wife. Tojima was once a strong contender for being a guild master, having experience watching the guild while Samarra was away on alliance meetings, as well as being a pacifist. Yet during recent guild events Samarra noted that his actions and words towards some participants was unbecoming of a master whos guild prides itself on its acceptance of members. She found that he may have a hard time encouraging members constructively, pushing them to better themselves by getting involved and testing their strength, but she still sees hope that the darkness that is littered in his past can be overcome through his incredible determination and will.
One of the few people who's happy spirit seems to affect her own, Samarra greatly admires Vandias' positive outlook on the world. It was this infectious energy that made her agree to go out on a few dates with him, finding comfort in his caring and understanding nature, while still enjoying herself in the fun activities they did together. But this relationship was rather short lived, lasting only a few weeks, before Samarra decided to call it off. Their chemistry was undeniable, but Vandias' physical forwardness tended to put Samarra on guard, as she is more into taking it slow, and would often lead to long discussions among the two. Not to mention, Samarra felt very conflicted with the fact that Vandias was one of her guild members, and she was afraid that others may think she was showing favoritism if the two took the next step up from just going on dates. Ultimately Samarra just broke it off with him because it just wasn't the right time or place for them. They still remain good friends, teasing one another and hanging out on occasion; while both have a good understanding of why they didn't work, what to take from their brief time dating, and how to fall back into their roles as friends.
Having met this odd man during one of her trips home, she found herself intrigued by the mysterious power emanating from within him. As if fate was listening in on her curiosity, this same man appeared on her guild's doorstep not long after asking to join her and her guild. Never wanting to turn away those who wish to join, Samarra took this lost soul under her wing, as she had gotten a good look at how misguided he was about the world due to his demonic upbringing. His effort to change and learn the ways of human life spurred Samarra into taking on Shiro as her disciple, as even his demon Kitsune form was something she was familiar with due to her Okami Fox being a descendant of their race. Helping him train in both magic and human relations, Samarra grew to care for Shiro as if he were her own brother. After years of training together, Samarra showing him the ins and outs of what it was like to be a guild master, Samarra had decided to choose Shiro as her successor to the guild. His well intending spirit, great magical prowess, and willingness to feel and understand the thoughts and actions of those around him in hopes of forming stronger and more connected bonds was more than she could ask for in a mage to carry on the heart of what she had started this guild for. It brought Samarra a bit of emotional conflict, as there were other long standing members that were also qualified in some way, but after talking it over with them they all showed their support for Shiro as the next guild master. Samarra has great admiration and respect for the man Shiro has become and is excited to see where this new path will take him.
Forming this alliance in the hopes of unifying Fiore, Samarra feels great pride and honor to be part of such a strong force. Consisting of 5 different guilds all across Fiore, there is a mutual respect among guild masters during alliance meetings, and this relationship extends outside of the alliance. Samarra considers herself good friends with most of the guild masters part of the alliance, as well as its honorary members.
Wanting to get away from the guild for a bit, Samarra decided to take a walk around the forest. Being ambushed by a group of dark mages, Aether managed to cross paths and take out the mages for her. After this first encounter, Samarra feels a very strong connection to Aether and maintains a close relationship to him; despite them both being busy guild masters. After each encounter, Samarra feels her feelings for Aether grow in a more of a romantic sense, feeling joy to see such a softer side of this "Mini Achnologia".
They share a great deal of trust in one another, which can be seen on and off the battlefield. Supporting one another in their claims during alliance meetings and proving to be a rather powerful team during their fight in the Shattered Dusk War. Aether has gone so far to trust Samarra as one of his Body Link's to suppress the beast inside him, known as Erebus.
During her guild's housewarming party, Aether surprised her with a beautiful blue lotus and shared a rather intimate dance with her; even going so far as to share a kiss with one another. After this encounter Samarra realized that she was starting to have feelings for Aether and soon found the weight of her feelings overwhelming if left unsaid. But something kept holding her back, something that she kept making excuses for when her brother would come and ask about what Aether and her were exactly. She did feel any sense of romance from him; his monotone emotions sometimes making her frustrated when she felt that he could be doing more on their supposed "dates". But the trust and experiences they had went through together made her feel like they could be something if the suppression spell on Aether's Erebus side was undone even just a little so that he could feel a bit more. With determination to uncover where Aether and her stood romantically, she went to meet up with him. Right before she was about to confess her feelings and ask him about where they stood however, an unexpected enemy came down and interrupted their date and managed to sever the Body Link that Samarra had to suppress Erebus. With Erebus undone however, Aether still seemed to show the same void of romanticism that Samarra disliked. And so, with much heartache, she broke off whatever dating thing they had going on in an effort to maintain their friendship before things got too far.
Still holding a great deal of respect and admiration for the time they spent together, Aether and Samarra are still friends and will engage in friendly chatter during their meetings together. They hold a great deal of trust when fighting together, knowing how each other thinks and knowing that they each have each other's backs always.
One of Samarra's first allies in Fiore, Samarra and Tristan share a very unique relationship. They hold each other in a very high respect for their skills in magic and combat, and have a mutual respect and pride for one another's guild. Even after going against each other in the Grand Magic Games, the two still managed to applaud their opponents strengths and maintain their relationship. Tristan also happens to be one of the leaders in the Toveri Alliance with Samarra, so their ability to work together peacefully extends to their alliance as well.
On a personal note, Samarra looks at Tristan is a very bright light. She enjoy's his ambitious nature and knows that she can always be herself around him without fear of judgement. The two together have been shown being rather flirty with one another, perhaps due to some hidden feelings from both parties. They are both very kind and playful people when around each other, and tend to talk freely to one another about almost everything. Tristan has been noted saying, "Samarra is a sweet and gentle person. I care about her just as much as my own guild wizards."
- Her main theme song would be Maestro by Hans Zimmer, a song that the author would also pick as the theme to her life.
- Her rousing inspiration speech music would be Dream Chasers by Future World Music.
- Samarra's name means "the guardian", which is aptly fitting, as she wishes to protect all those close to her heart.
- Samarra's beast all have names that reflect important characteristics about her. Her fox Kyna's name means "intelligent" in Gaelic. Her Komainu's names are Kokoro, which means "heart,spirit" in Japanese, and Kratos, meaning "strength" in Greek.
- This is the authors first character to ever make it over 100,000 bytes; a feat that she is incredibly proud of (even if it is rather insignificant compared to other users).
- The rules regarding the Saisen Offering spell are as follows:
- A character's PEP would be determined by giving 1 MP per word for each word in their spell's name and definition, plus 2 MP per word for any secret art or higher tier spells. For a characters other information (Intro, Appearance, History, Physical Abilities, Relationships and Trivia), 1 MP will be added for every fifty words. That addition of these three values (Magic MP, High Level Magic MP, and Miscellaneous MP) would determine the PEP the counter would have to reach to bust.
- For this spell, the author has deemed weaponry as part of the magic calculation (1 MP per word); where as items that cannot be used in battle are classified in the 1 MP per 50 words category.
- A mage's PEP can be increased if they have access to boosts such as Amplifier or any sort of ascension mode for the three slayer types. Say a mage were to enter the high level ability of a Drive, an attack that had an AEP of 525 MP would double in power to 1050 MP due to the higher level of magical output.
- The AEP for each spell, for both parties, is determined by the word count on the character page as well. Should an attack land cleanly, full AEP will be incorporated into the Bani's counter; and a glancing blow will deal half of the attacks AEP. An example of an attacks AEP would be Abyss Break at 458 MP. (229 words on the page multiplied by 2 due to it being a higher tier spell.)
- The 10% interest would be added on for every 500 words during an RP; meaning 50 words per "second" of battle time. Though this measurement is subject to change based on an agreement reached by both participants.
- Samarra's PEP level is 30,463 MP.