|Female | Male|
Corpse Princess (躯姫, Mukuro Hime)
October 30th, x055
- "Capture me? A lowly human has the audacity to tell me to surrender or they will capture me? This must be some sick joke but the look on your faces tell me otherwise. Damnit, this is bothersome indeed. I'm not even hungry"
- — Sayomi to a group of Mercenaries hired to locate and capture her
Sayomi Shizumi (セーオミシザミ, Night Born Silence) is a seven hundred and fifty year old Vampire and head of the nearly extinct Shizumi clan, a coven of vampires that is believed to be the first born from the Elder Blood after their Cross breeding with the Children of the Night. As such they once held a very high position in vampire society. However, after the introduction of The Covenant, they broke away an became a clan of rogue vampires who were hunted by humans and vampires alike. Sayomi is the only survivor, being the daughter of the family's former head. Like her father before her, she holds a deep hatred for the covenant and its attempts at creating peace between the humans and vampires. She believes humans to be nothing more than food for her, not even worth keeping as pets. As such, she has no regard for human life and often takes it as she pleases.
She has been responsible for several crimes throughout her long lifetime, ranging from the devouring of human flesh to the murder of the several different political figures. These figures include the King of Pergrande in x560, the King of Iceberg in x610, the entire Magic Council in x640, and the Queen of Bosco in X710. Her murder of the Bosconian Queen was said to be so horrific that she is no longer directly bothered by the other monarchs of Earthland, all attempts to capture her being contracted to guilds and mercenary groups. As a master of Flesh Devil Slayer Magic, she is still known to participate in the act of devouring humans, using their power gained by devouring their flesh to grow stronger. As a Vampire she is also a master of both Vampire Magic and Sleep Magic. She is believed to be one of the greatest threats to humanity and her actions have earned her a position among the Dark Saints, criminals believed to be some of the most dangerous in all of Earth land. She currently rules over the dark guilds located in Pergrande, having their full loyalty in respect. Her headquarters is located just south of the capital in a small out of the way village known to harbor Pergrande's worst criminals. It is here where she works as a waitress and an assassin.
Female | Male
Sayomi normally appears as a beautiful, young looking woman in her late teens with short indigo colored hair that extends down to just above her shoulders. Her bangs are long enough to cover her eyes but are normally pushed to the right side of her face, only covering that eye. When she needs access to both she will push her bangs up and clip them there with a pin. Her head is heart shaped and her face consists of mostly soft features, large indigo eyes to match her hair perfectly, a thin elvish nose sits as a mere bump on her face. Her dusky pink lips compliment her pale, porcelain skin. The smooth curvature of her jaw combined with an inviting smile on her face makes her appear to be a very approachable person. She rarely wears any form of makeup, her facial features, like that of nearly all vampires, embody the majority of human's perception of beauty and as such the application of makeup would do far more harm than good.
Her thin neck leads down into somewhat boxy shoulders, possessing a banana shaped body. The muscles of her arms are somewhat defined, appearing to be the average muscle mass of a nineteen-year-old female of good health. Her hands are very soft, any cuts she has suffered healing in only a few moments. As such, the skin of her hands and that of the rest of her body remains incredibly smooth with no noticeable blemishes. Her torso does not possess much defined muscle, a thin layer of fat covering her stomach. Her chest is not her most prominent feature, possessing a B-cup bust size. She does not possess very wide hips, her body being more suited for combat rather than the maternal roles normally assigned to females of any species. Her legs are long and muscular, perfect for her preferred fighting style which utilizes her legs to deliver bone shattering kicks.
Because of her vampire physiology there are many things about her that are not apparent at first glance, when hunting or using night vision a vampire's eyes will turn a blood red which allows them to see in the dark. Her ears, eyes, and nose are several times stronger than that of a human. She is capable of smelling a drop of blood from over a mile away, also being able to smell and track pheromones in the air, being most sensitive to the pheromones produced by fear. Her ears being able to track and locate a single whispering voice in a loud, crowded room. She, like all Vampires, are considered humans natural predator. Another effect of her vampire body is that her muscles are far stronger than that of humans as well, easily being able to overpower the most physically fit of humans with little effort. Her Flesh Devil Slayer Magic can also influence her appearance, allowing her to take on any form she wishes at the drop of a hat, manipulating and molding her flesh and bones to grown in height and change her physical appearance.
In terms of style, Sayomi is not known for caring too much about what it is that she wears so long as it is functional to her in some way. Her most common casual outfit consists of a blue low cut sweater with a white button up shirt along with a pair of black short-shorts and a pair of black boots. However, she can be seen in anything from tank-tops and jeans to T-shirts and sweatpants. Her work uniform consists of a white button up shirt under a black and gray waistcoat with a maroon tie complete with a long knee length black skirt above black stockings and heels.
Because of her ability to completely change her appearance and the need to hide her face in public, Sayomi has adopted a persona in which she uses to get around without being interrupted by those who wish to capture her. This persona goes by the name Kagemaru. He is a handsome young man with short, just above shoulder length indigo colored hair. His facial features are very sharp, often giving him a very smug looking appearance. He has a heart-shaped head with large, almond-shaped indigo blue eyes. As a vampire, his skin is very fair and almost porcelain in color. He has a good complexion, free of any blemishes that would detract from his ability to seduce a lure targets to feed on. His lips are dusky pink in color, often turned upward in a very smug smile as if to tell others he is better than them.
Kagemaru's body is very lean and muscular in appearance, having a well-toned abdomen and biceps which were chosen more for show than anything because vampires are far stronger than humans regardless of their muscle mass. Kagemaru was designed by Sayomi to look like the "perfect" man, his appearance made to look charming and mysterious enough to attract women and men of the homosexual persuasion. His lean muscular body being considered very attractive to many and often earning him glances from men and women alike.
His style is a bit different from Sayomi's, keeping to the darker color pallet he prefers a to wear a black leather jacket over a purple hoodie with a pair of jeans and combat boots with a purple scarf to complete his outfit. While this is indeed his favorite, he can be seen wearing several different outfits including a tight, black tank-top with a pair of dark cargo pants along with his almost signature combat boots.
Born and raised in a time of different morals and ideas, Sayomi was raised to believe that she was better not only than humans but even other vampires. Her family was one of great nobility among the vampire race and as such she was taught to look down on those who didn't possess the strength and power she had. As such, she is a bit of as racist, seeing humans as insignificant cattle existing only to be feed upon and killed by the superior vampire race. As such, she was never popular amongst the humans in her school, being seen as a bitch who thought she was better than everyone else. This gave her a bad reputation among those in her school and alienated her from the rest of her classmates, something she never really cared about. She believed that it was better for them to say away from her, lest she lose control and kill them, something her father said she couldn't do during the day. Sayomi never really understood why it is that things had to be the way they were or why she had to live among the humans rather than rule over them like her and the vampire race was meant to. She noticed how the humans kept their food behind cages and fences, cattle not being allowed to live among the humans because they were considered lesser beings. She wondered why the same couldn't be done to humans and often asked her father who could never give her a satisfying answer. It was out of curiosity that she kidnapped one of her classmates one day, keeping them in the basement of their home. Sayomi treated the human as a pet, feeding and cleaning up after them for an entire week before deciding to kill them. However, she would find that the human had taken their own life. When her father found out he was furious at first but rather than punishing her for her actions he used the experience as a way to teach her a lesson about why it was that they couldn't treat humans like cattle. He explained that it was because they were intelligent creatures capable of thinking and understanding. Placing them in a situation in which they know they will die no matter what will only see to it that they take their own lives and not reproduce. This would lead to a food shortage for them which would ultimately lead to fighting amongst the Vampires for food. It was for that reason it was better for the humans to believe they were significant and free to do as they pleased, a case of ignorance being bliss. This was an eye-opening experience for Sayomi, further shaping her ideas that humans were below her. Not only were they far weaker than her but they were also stupid, completely ignorant to the fact that they were cattle awaiting slaughter.
As she got older, Sayomi understood the importance of having a good reputation among the humans around you, allowing you more opportunities to attack and feed on them. It is for this reason that she changed the way she interacted with them, becoming nicer and more charismatic. It is due to this change in approach that she became well known and loved in the town she worked in as a doctor. She was known by name by all of the townspeople who would often stop to chat with her whenever she was out in public. Her charismatic personality combined with her good looks brought the invitations of many suitors down upon her, none of which she accepted but regardless her change in attitude had worked in her favor. No one glanced at her when townspeople went missing, not even when her own patients would die only a few months after seeing her. She was all but immune to any suspicions about the disappearances happening around her. It was during this time that she remembered the lessons her father had taught her, about how it was better for humans to believe they were in control. She finally fully understood what he meant by that and she enjoyed watching them foolish humans run around like decapitated chickens in search of a killer that walked among them every day. No one ever expected her and when the killings suddenly stopped, everyone seemed to just give up. She would do this same thing in a town in Northern Fiore several years later with the same result. After awhile, the who thing became boring to her and her entertainment turned to disgust at the humans for being so foolish and ignorant. She wondered how they could live their lives like that, but her father's words rang in her head. The idea of ignorance being bliss. She personally didn't believe in that philosophy but the fact that the humans lived their lives so carefreely made such an idea hard to argue against. However, curiosity got the best of her one day and like she had done all those years ago, she kidnapped one of her victims, revealing herself to them just to see how they would react when they found out the kind and caring doctor was a monster. The reaction wasn't anything more than what she expected it to be, the victim quickly going through the phases of denial before being forced to accept the truth. He asked the questions she expected he'd ask, "why are you doing this", "how could you," "don't you know this is wrong." She brushed off these questions, knowing that answering them wouldn't serve any real purpose. She found something interesting stir in her when the victim began begging for his life, however. The desperation and anguish in his voice made her feel warm and fuzzy inside, something she'd never experienced before.
After her experience with the man she held captive, she discovered she found a bit of guilty pleasure in the torture of her victims. She didn't understand why it was that she felt this way nor why it was that she enjoyed their agonized screams. She simply knew that she did. This didn't satisfy her for long and she began wondering why she liked it so much. Humans were nothing more than food to her and yet she found their screams more delicious than their blood could ever hope to be. As a doctor, she had taken several psychology courses during her time at university and she used that knowledge to analyze herself. While it pained her to do so, she compared herself to the humans who enjoyed the torture of animals. She wasn't at all surprised to find out that those who do this often suffer from sociopathic tendencies and in some cases even going on to kill those of their own race. For vampires it was survival of the fittest, the weak would be killed either by their own prey or other vampires, it was the way things were. After conducting her short study she was relieved that nothing was "wrong" with her and that she was simply playing with her food, something that might be considered a bit rude but it was nothing worth her getting upset over. This reassurance led to her committing more of these acts, all without hesitation of any sort of emotional guilt for what she was doing. She found that the cracking sound of bones followed by the screams of her victim were her favorite. This is why she would always start with the fingers, making it impossible for them to hold anything such as a weapon, not that she believed a human could ever do any harm to her, and allowing her to hear the sweet melody she had come to enjoy so much.
Even from a young age, it was obvious to anyone who got to know her that she had a short temper with little patience for anything she disliked. This temper tends to flare up whenever things don't go the way she expected them to. The first example of her anger getting the best of her was during her time in high school, an older looking child decided to choose her as their target for bullying. This lasted all of five minutes before she broke the poor girl's jaw with a single punch. Sayomi was punished for her actions but due to the fact that witnesses did say that Sayomi was merely acting in self-defense as the other girl had shoved her into a wall only moments earlier. A more violent example was during her time as a doctor in northern Fiore, she vividly remembers a time when one of her sexist patients talked down to her. The thought of being talked down to by a human was something she couldn't simply brush off, using her blood devil slayer magic to cause a clog in is arteries which triggered a stroke. She was the one tasked with saving the man, she purposely allowed him to die. This man was one of very few patients Sayomi "couldn't" save. Over the course of her several hundred years of life, her temper has simmered down and she has learned to be a bit more patient with things than she had before but it is still there and those who witness it first hand often warn others to never make her angry. Regardless of her best efforts her anger still has a tendency to get the best of her from time to time, normally resulting in the death of one of her subordinates whether they be a living human or one of her ghouls does not matter to her, it is whoever is within arms reach at the time. These bursts of anger are normally followed by days of her not talking to anyone until whatever it was that caused her anger has been taken care of.
Despite her dark and obviously cruel ideas and actions Sayomi still fits into a female archetype as she is known to have her fair share of "Feminine" hobbies which include things such as doing her hair in different ways, painting her nails, and has a soft spot for things she considers cute. Her favorite type of animal being that of a rabbit and as such she loves any and all things covered in rabbits, her private room being filled with rabbit based paraphernalia from posters to pillows and stuffed animals. However, as the proud and dignified vampire that she is the idea of others finding out about her hobbies is something she fears greatly and thus is something only a few know about. These few being her closest servants who are charged with taking care of her estate. Unfortunately, her hobbies are not a secret to all that she tries to keep it from as close contacts and info brokers who know how to get their hands on information others don't want people knowing about have discovered her fasination with the fluffy creatures and as a result have a tendency to playfully mock her which is one of the few times people can get a rise out of her, often causing an embaressed and angered response when brought up in a negative manner.
Sayomi was born in Vockerode, Bosco in the year x055 to the leaders of the Shizumi clan, Kuro and Rin Shizumi. Her family was one of great nobility among the newly forming Vampire race, being believed to be direct descendants of the Elder Blood. Their bloodline having remained pure for over two hundred years. The Shizumi clan was highly regarded and had a large hand in the politics of Vampire society, in charge of setting up hunting grounds that would keep them safe. At this point in their history, Vampires remained bitter about the extermination of their forefathers. This bitterness led to racism, the vampires believing themselves to be above humans, seeing this as nothing more than food. The fact that they were stronger and faster than humans along with their consumption of human blood backed up their ideas that vampires were human's natural predators. This was the ideology Sayomi was raised to believe, spending her childhood, which for a vampire lasts over fifty years, being told she was better than the humans they hid among. Once she reached the age of fifty and was able to walk in the sunlight, she began to attend a human school, her appearance of being a teenager making it easy for her to blend in. She made it through the human equivalent of higher education, graduating from a well regarded Bosconian university twenty years later at the age of seventy with an MD-PhD in Medicine, gaining a medical license and going on to become a doctor at a local hospital where she would drain blood from those she treated. She was well known for her medical prowess, having only ever lost six patients during her twenty years working at the hospital. Eventually, she could no longer pass off her young looking body as just being very healthy, forcing her to leave her position and find employment at another hospital in Northern Fiore where she would spend the next twenty years of her life.
Once she became bored of her everyday life as a physician she abandoned the occupation, deciding to travel the world for a bit. Despite her many years around humans, her beliefs of superiority never faded, any friendly chatter made with them being considered no different than how a human might talk to their pet. She couldn't care less for their lives and only partook in saving them because it was her job at the time. Using the money she had attained over her years practicing medicine, she traveled all over Earth Land for over one hundred years. It was during this time that she came in contact with a demon by the name of Lamashtu who she would befriend and eventually come to learn Blood Devil Slayer Magic from, mastering it within five years time. She would eventually come to leave her friend behind, coming back many years later to kill and eat her teacher, returning home with newfound knowledge and power. She returned home to find that her parents had birthed another child while she was away, a young boy whom they named Akuma. The boy was only thirty when she arrived, too young to venture outside during the day so she spent time with him, telling him of all the wonders the world would have to offer him in the next twenty years when he could walk amongst the humans during the day. She told him of the humans and their strange customs, a subject that seemed to fascinate him. The two grew very close, becoming good friends by the time he had reached the age of fifty. She had done her best to install her and her family's ideas into the boy and was shocked when he attempted to befriend the humans, often bringing them into their homes. It was made clear that her and her brother's ideas differed when she confronted him about his actions, him stating that he wanted to see the humans as equals.
It was not long after that she found out where her brother had been getting these ideas from, talk of equality between the two races had become the hot topic amongst the Council of Elders and the younger vampire generation. The cause for this had been the sudden increase in Vampire-human crossbreeding, an idea that disgusted Sayomi and her father alike. The topic would be argued for the next two hundred years, the crossbreeding between the two having become illegal at one point only for it to be made legal again only sixty-five years later. It was not long after that a small civil war had broken out between the crossbreeds and the purebloods, these fights often leading to the death of one or the other. This was something the council took very seriously, the small population of Vampires not needing a war that might lead to their extinction. However, the council could not come to an agreement and a civil war soon broke out, the vampire's existence being made known to the humans which lead to an all-out war between the two. The Cross-breeds were the only ones capable of facing a vampire head on, but hit and run tactics employed by the humans were able to push vampires to the brink of extinction. The war was brought to an end with the signing of The Covenant, a document that restricted vampires from killing humans and accepted humans as equals. For the humans, this war would fade into obscurity however and would be forgotten by all but a select few families as it was overshadowed by the beginning of the Dragon Civil war which would devastate all of Earth land.
Regardless of the signing of the Covenant, there were still several families who refused to accept humans as their equals, the Shizumi clan being one of these. Many of these families were captured and executed for treason, their actions believed to be a threat to the entirety of the vampire race. The Shizumi clan was forced into hiding, their noble status stripped from them and they we labeled as enemies to all vampire kind. Having been the head of the council, her father was quickly replaced by Daisuke Kurosawa, the one who had suggested the signing of a covenant in the first place. The Shizumi clan was hunted for many years, Akuma having left the family to sit at the council, marrying into the Kurosawa family. Sayomi resented her brother for abandoning them and joining the ones who would dare to force them to call their food equals. The remainder of the Shizumi clan would remain hidden in the mountains of Pergrande for the next one hundred and fifty years, during this time Sayomi trained alongside her father, further advancing her skill her magics until she had achieved complete mastery over all of them. However, they were eventually discovered and the entire family besides Sayomi was slaughtered before her eyes. It was during this time that she first encountered Mika Kurosawa, Daughter of Daisuke Kurosawa and her brother's wife. She was tasked with the extermination of her husband's clan and carried out the order without hesitation. The two battled, wounding each other greatly before both were forced to retreat.
Sayomi would spend the next several hundred years as on outlaw, committing heinous crimes against humans out of spite for the covenant and everything it stood for in hopes of attracting the attention of whatever remained of the council of elders. She fought for her father's ideas and killed humans without hesitation. This eventually caught the attention of the King of Pergrande who sent his finest group of soldiers to kill her, not a single one returning. He then placed a bounty on her head, attracting the attention of mercenaries all throughout Ishgar. She would kill over a thousand men before growing bored and making her way to the capital where she killed the king in his sleep and forced the queen to retract the bounty. Her goals unmet she traveled to Iceberg where her killing spree again caught the attention of the monarchy. This time however, she would get what she wanted before she grew bored of fighting mercenaries and royal guards sent to kill her. She caught the attention of the council of elders who sent a keeper to execute her. To her surprise, the one who showed up was not the Kurosawa she had fought before but her own brother, now being a user of Bone Devil slayer magic. The two fought in the capital of Iceberg, nearly destroying the entire city before a moment of hesitation on her brothers part gave her the opportunity to cut him down and steal his magic from him through a forced magic transfer, giving her the ability to use Flesh Devil Slayer Magic.
Before her brother's death, she forced him to tell her the location of the council of elders. With her true target located, she traveled to Fiore where she bided her time, training in the usage of her new magical abilities until she mastered them before moving to exact her revenge, attacking the council of elders where she once again faced Mika Kurosawa, her new found abilities allowing her to overpower the Keeper with ease, leaving her in critical condition as she slaughtered the council of elders before the woman's eyes, devouring their bodies. With the death of the council of elders, the vampire race was all but doomed, its end brought by the hands of one of their own. Sayomi estimates that there is less than thirty purebred vampires left in existence and she has devoted a great deal of her life to hunting down those who remain loyal to the council even in the wake of its demise. Her joy in exacting her revenge was short-lived, her crimes catching the attention of the Magic council, her usage of black magic and the crimes she had committed being deemed unforgivable. She allowed herself to be captured and brought before the council, breaking free and slaughtering them all before her trial could begin. Her actions became known all throughout Earth Land, adding to her already mile long list of horrendous crimes against humanity which ranged from the murder and devouring of entire villages to the complete destruction of Iceberg's capital which led to the king's death and the deaths of countless other. Her track record would only grow as she moved to Bosco, spending the next eighty years terrorizing the country. When the monarchy had finally had enough they sent the entirety of their army to capture her. Reports from survivors say they found her in a large church in Eickedorf, sitting on a throne made of the bodies of the townspeople and wearing a bottom half of a jaw as a crown. She is reported to have told them to "Bow before your Queen" before they told her they were there to capture her, this incident being where she earned the title Corpse Princess (躯姫, Mukuro Hime). She then went on a rampage, ending after a two-day struggle when two light magic using wizard saints were able to weaken her enough to put her under an illusion spell. She was brought to Vockerode and locked in their dungeon for several weeks until she grew bored of using her blood control to make the rats fight one another. She escaped and confronted the Queen. After murdering the queen it was reported that she ripped her body to pieces and sent a piece to each ruling body of the countries of Ishgar. However, this is believed to be a rumor. That being said, it is worth noting that she hasn't been bothered by any government since the Bosconian queen's death nearly on hundred years ago.
Due to her crimes, she was recently offered a spot among a group who call themselves the Dark Saints, a group of ten people known for their horrific crimes and overall threat to humanity as a whole. She accepted the offer, interested to see what new paths such a venture might open up now that her revenge had been completed. Each member is given a section of Ishgar they would like to govern over, this area being considered their territory and thus they have control over all of the dark guilds residing in that area. She, like all of the Dark Saints, a highly respected by the dark mages of Earth Land and feared by nearly all others. She chose to govern over Pergrande, it's massive landscape making it the perfect place for her to call her kingdom. It is here that she rules the dark guilds with an iron fist, personally devouring all that step out of line. Currently, despite her vast amounts of wealth, she works as a waiter at an underground bar known as The Black Sheep. She works there for several reasons, the place being a good way to keep up with the illegal goings ons around Pergrande and the rest of Ishgar because she doesn't trust others to be her ears for her, and because she owes the bar's owner a small debt she wishes to repay through her labors. The Bar also happens to serve as her headquarters not only for her goings about as a Dark Saint but for her work as an assassin, an occupation she picked up after taking control over the Pergrandian Dark Guilds, being bored with simply ruling over the frightened underground and instead wanting to mingle in it. She maintains her reputation all over Earth land by devouring the flesh of her targets, leaving little more than a note addressed to the victim's families and friends in the spot that she killed them.
Magic & Abilities
While vampires look nearly indistinguishable from their human cousins it can be noted that the two are quite different despite their close relationship to one another. A vampire's digestive system cannot pull nutrients from human foods such as meats or plants. Vampires can only derive nutrients from the blood ingested from a human host. It is currently unknown why vampires can only derive the nutrients they need to survive from human blood as several have tried to derive those same nutrients through the consumption of animal blood only to end up sick. It can be noted that the blood a vampire can consume must be from that of a living human. As such, drinking the blood from a corpse that has been dead for longer than ten minutes can lead to illness for several weeks. The tools vampires use to retrieve this blood from their human hosts are retractable fangs that are found to be located just behind their canines. These fangs can extend and retract in less than a second, allowing quick access to their feeding tool. While a vampire can bite anywhere so long as they can draw blood from that area, many aim for major veins or arteries which allow them to receive as much blood as they can in one feeding. Those who have lived through the experience of being bitten by a vampire have said that it is by no means a painful experience. This is due to the fact that a vampire's saliva contains a numbing agent which suppresses the feeling of pain in the area of contact until several hours after the initial bite has occurred. After which the wound will begin to flare up and swell for a short time before ultimately going away leading most people who were bitten while unconscious or under a sleep spell to believe they were bitten by a spider or mosquito as the wounds left behind after a vampire bite are actually quite small and would most likely go unnoticed at all if not for the pain and swelling. Among the tools vampires have to capture and feed on their prey are retractable claws on their fingers. These claws normally measure in at about one to two inches at the most and are believed to exist to allow vampires to easily grasp and hold down prey while they feed to keep them from fleeing. These claws actually tear their way outward through the skin above the fingernail, healing almost instantly. Vampires are also known to be biologically immortal, no matter how old they become they will never age biologically past the age of thirty years old. The only two ways to kill a vampire is to decapitate them or pierce them through the heart. The object that is used to achieve this can be nearly anything so long as it gets the job done.
Vampires, being the predatory creatures that they are, also possess enhanced senses. As a result of them having once been creatures only of the night possess a form of night vision which allows them to see in areas with very little light. This is due to the fact that, like many other nocturnal animals, they possess a mirror-like layer within their eyes known as a tapetum which is located behind the retina. This allows light that passes through to reflect off of this mirror-like layer and have a second chance to sense and process it. This night vision can be turned on and off at will. The tapetum move out of place when not in use. When a vampire activates their night vision their eyes will begin to glow a pinkish red, similar in color to their Elder blood ancestors. It can be noted that their eyes may also change color even when night vision is not in use. This normally occurs during times in which the vampire is under high levels of stress. A vampire's sense of hearing and smell are also several times higher than a human. A vampire possessing several times more scent receptors than their human cousins, allowing them to sense pheromones in the air. It is because of this that they can also estimate a human's emotional state based on the pheromones that human releases into the air. A vampire's hearing is acute, being able to detect sounds at much higher and lower frequencies than humans. vampire is able to hear the very blood running through a humans veins from two feet away. This distance is increased when the human's heart rate rises.
Not only do Vampires possess far better senses than humans but they are also much stronger, faster, and more durable than them as well. A vampire's skin, muscles, and bones are able to both take and dish out far more damage than a human could. Their bodies have often been described as living shock absorbers, allowing them to run fast, jump higher, take hits and keep fighting. This also allows them to push their bodies to the absolute limit, meaning that they can run at speeds of up to one hundred miles an hour for short periods of time before their muscles begin to tear themselves apart and need to regenerate. This skin is thicker than that of a human's though if felt directly one would have a hard time telling the difference by feeling alone. That being said there are several noticeable differences that can be spotted if one is looking. Vampires tend to have paler skin than humans and cold to the touch, within their veins were blood should be is a black ooze similar in texture and viscosity to tar. Vampires also have no need to breathe, the air that fills their lungs is expelled outward again. Despite these, what one might call horrifying, differences between the two, vampires are considered to be very much alive. Their heart still beats in their chest, moving the black liquid through their bodies though at a much slower rate than that of human blood. It is because of the thickness of the black substance that it is unlikely for a vampire to bleed out, a wound healing long before enough of the liquid is expelled from the body.
There are very few ways in which a vampire can truly die. In their younger years, they are incredibly vulnerable to sunlight which can weaken and kill them if they exposed to it for too long. However, once a Vampire reaches the age of fifty the will have built up an immunity to the harmful rays of the sun and be able to walk in the daylight with little to no ill effects. The second way in which a vampire can be guaranteed death is through complete decapitation. If even a single flap of skin remains attached a vampire can regenerate. Parts of their head can also be completely taken off with no ill effects besides the temporary loss of whatever sense was granted by the objects taken off. The second way is to impale them to through the heart. The object used to do this can be made of any material so long as it is capable of completely piercing through the heart. Just stabbing into or cutting it will not lead to the death of the Vampire. The object must enter the heart and exit from the other side. Regardless of how a vampire dies their deaths will be the same, their flesh and bones will completely disintegrate into a pile of gray dust, leaving nothing behind as their remains are carried off into the wind.
A vampire has the ability to transform humans into one of their own. This has lead many to believe that vampirism is actually a curse that was placed on the offspring of the Coven of the night children by the Gods because of the abominable way in which they were conceived. This is simply a rumor that eventually became a scary story in which people would tell around the campfire. A vampire can transform a human into a vampire by biting them, but instead of drinking the victim's blood they will instead inject their own blood into the person in question. The effects will not be immediate and instead will take up to forty-eight hours to complete. The symptoms begin with a slight chill and a fever followed by shakes. At the ten hour mark, the victim will begin to feel excruciating pain all over their bodies. Their muscles and bones will feel as though they are being torn apart and their head will feel as though it could split open at any moment. This is due to the changes their body is undergoing, their nails will begin to extend and their newly formed fangs will rip through their gums.
The next part has been described as the most horrific to witness. At the twenty-four hour mark, the blood of the victim will begin to thicken, losing it's red color and becoming sludge-like. The victim's heart will stop several times during this process. In between those times, the victim will suffer from several strokes as the thicker blood begins to block veins and arteries. At the thirty hour mark, the victim will have stopped breathing and their heart will also have stopped pumping completely. Their fangs and claws will have fully formed and their blood will have turned to a black sludge that now set in their veins. The victim will appear completely dead for the next several hours. At the thirty-seven hour mark, the heart will begin beating again but the victim will remain in a comatose state. The victim will wake up again sometime between the forty and forty-eight-hour mark, they will be hungry and confused. Weak at first but their strength will return to them once they have fed. Newly formed vampires are highly sensitive to sunlight and may die if it is directly shone down onto them. This sensitivity will fade with age but until the vampire will be forced to hide under the cover of night.
Enhanced Senses, Pain Tolerance, Immunity to Poisons or Toxins: As a vampire, Sayomi possesses senses far greater than that of a human's her sense of smell is equal to that of a bloodhound, able to track others for miles on the faintest of scents. One might believe such a powerful nose would be nearly impossible to live with but most seem to forget that they have lived with these senses their whole lives, managing their sensitivity to the point that strong noxious smells no longer have the effect on them they would have if they were to suddenly gain this enhanced smell. Vampires possess the ability to smell different pheromones secreted by humans, allowing them to basically smell emotions and can even predict what they may be thinking using these pheromones. Due to their dependence on blood as a food source, it is this smell that they are most sensitive to, able to smell blood within the human body without it even needed to be open to the air, this allows them to find the slightest hint of prey even in the most desolate of places. It is because of their sense of smell that they are all but impossible to hide from. Her enhanced sight allows her to see perfectly in low light areas, her eyes being similar to that of other animals possessing night vision. They possess a mirror-like layer within their eyes known as a tapetum which is located behind the retina. This allows light that passes through to reflect off of this mirror-like layer and have a second chance to sense and process it. This night vision can be turned on and off at will. The tapetum move out of place when not in use. When utilizing this night vision or any other of her vampiric abilities, her iris' will turn red. As a result of her magic's demonic nature, the whites of her eyes also turn black whenever her vampiric abilities are in use. Her eyes allow her to see much farther than humans in the dark, her line of sight reaching as far as six miles on a wide open plan. Enhanced Hearing is also known to be possessed by vampires, allowing them to hear the slightest of noises. Vampires have been known to be able to hear the heart of their victims pumping from over ten feet away, their uneven breaths broadcasting their position no less than if they were to simply scream out where they were. They also possess the ability to focus their hearing, blocking out all noise to focus on a single thing. Due to the fact that vampires are essentially walking corpses aside from the fact that their heart still pumps blood, albeit tar-like, through their veins. As such, they do not possess the necessary nerve function to process low-level pain. This means that things such as broken bones and lost limbs feel for them no different than a paper cut might for a human. This allows them to shrug off most damage, however, the inability to feel pain does not mean they are not taking damage. Large amounts of damage may only feel like a slight irritation but a vampire must be careful not to allow their body to fall apart lest they be left defenseless. They keep track of the damage done to them. As stated before, the bodies of Vampires are much different from that of humans. As such, poison has little to no effect on them. Poison that enters their bloodstream is immediately attacked by the black tar-like blood, breaking it down before secreting it through sweat. Even if that wasn't the case, due to Sayomi's abilities granted to her through the use of Flesh Devil Slayer Magic, she would be able to locate and eject the poison from her body before any harm could be done.
Intellect: If her beauty wasn't enough, Sayomi possesses great intellect, having spent the fifty years of her childhood studying everything she could about the world around her. She took great interest in medicine, finding it funny that humans had to rely on plants and odd chemicals to heal when broken bones healed in only a few minutes for herself. Even as a child she was considered a very smart girl despite how badly she did in school, her grades often being contributed to her unwillingness to complete work assigned to her, believing it to be a pointless waste of her intellect. She began to apply herself during her last few years of high school however as she began applying for different colleges. Her teachers were astonished to see the sudden change in her work ethic. She aced every test and turned in every assignment early until she attained 4.8 GPA and was able to get into a well regarded Bosconian university where she would spend the next ten years studying medicine and graduating with an MD-PhD with a double major in Medicine and Psychology and a minor in communications. Outside of her professional studies, she has obtained a great deal of wisdom from her interactions with people from several different generations and her own ideas that she has shaped over her several hundred years of existence. She has spoken with Gods, Demons, and even Dragons at one point or another before their extinction and from them she has learned many things about humans, the world, and even herself. She can channel this wisdom into excellent advice for anyone who might seek it, the only problem being that she normally asks for something in return. Her IQ has measured in at 134.
Incredible Speed and Reflexes: As a vampire, it should be obvious that she possesses speed several times that of even the most physically fit human beings, able to run circles around them with little effort. However, even among Vampire's Sayomi's speed is said to be phenomenal and is her highest recorded stat. Her top speed has been recorded at around one hundred and sixty-four miles an hour which she can only maintain for a short period of time before her muscles begin to rip apart and must heal. Her distance running speed is just over ninety miles an hour which she can maintain for hours on end so long as she is given at least a twenty-four-hour break after running for six hours straight lest the muscles of her legs completely fall apart and require additional time to heal. In very short bursts, Vampires have even been known to have the ability to dodge bullets, quickly moving to the side to completely avoid the fast moving projectile. The same cannot be said for lightning however, being unable to dodge natural lighting. Long ago, during her time at university, she had once tried out for the school's track team only to quit several weeks later when she found out that she was far too competitive to hold back during races, winning all of them and completely destroying the competition. This made her famous around campus and she became known as the Lighting Queen but she didn't want that kind of attention and ended up quitting the team. When she doesn't have time to torture them, she often cuts down prey quickly, most of them being dead before they hit the ground. During times when she is forced into combat, she can normally be seen moving at upwards of one hundred and twenty miles an hour as she attempts to pinpoint the perfect angle and position to strike her target from. Her fights normally end rather quickly, her speed disorienting the opponent to the point that they lose track of her and in that instant, she strikes with a deadly blow often aimed at the throat. When she is in a more playful mood however, she has a tendency to play with her food, tossing them around like ragdolls to show them just how powerless they truly are against her overwhelming speed.
Tremendous Muscular Strength and Endurance: As a vampire, Sayomi possesses strength several times that of a human, having the strength the bend steal with just the strength of a single hand alone, crushing it as if it were as fragile as an egg. It is not uncommon for her to use her strength to intimidate others when threats alone won't do the trick, punching through brick and concrete walls with a single held back swing of her first. Her kicks are said to be utterly devastating when used to their full potential, shattering bones and rupturing organs as she sends her target flying back several feet, having the breath knocked out of them if they're even alive at all. Allowing one of her kicks to hit one's limbs however, is a sure-fire way to lose them, tearing off arms and legs as they follow through. This makes dodging someone's best option for avoiding damage. She has been known to be able to lift several tons, moving and lifting large boulders that dare to block her path and possibly throwing these objects one hundred feet away from her toward her enemies. Her tremendous strength does come at a cost, her muscles having the constant threat of being torn apart when she attempts to lift these heavy objects into the air. While her muscles are different from that of a human, they are still of flesh and blood, not made for such tasks. However, because their muscles are different, they can still hold out longer than that of a humans could, allowing them to strain their muscles for much longer without becoming tired or fatigued. When fighting against weaker beings, Sayomi has a tendency to hold back her full strength, believing the creatures to be unworthy of fighting a vampire at its fullest potential.
Regenerative Abilities: As a vampire, Sayomi possesses incredible healing abilities that allow minor cuts and bruises to heal within moments, and broken bones that would take months to heal in a human will heal in only a few minutes for a vampire. Such unbelievable healing abilities are a large part of what makes vampires so durable. They can withstand and heal from attacks that would slaughter lesser beings, holes punched straight through them and their organs having little effect on their ability to continue fighting as they begin to heal instantly, magic being automatically sent to the affected area upon the infliction of a wound of any kind. The larger the wound the more magic as well as time it may take to heal it. Devastating wounds can be healed much faster if the user manually focuses their magical energy into that area, concentrating more magical energy than would have traveled there had it be left alone to heal automatically. Torn off limbs can even heal over time, the creation of a new limb sometimes taking a few weeks depending on which limb was torn off and how much damage was done to the remaining flesh. Because of Sayomi's Flesh Devil Slayer Magic, much of the time restricts that are normally found in a vampire's healing abilities can be completely negated as she uses her ability to completely manipulate her body to control the cells within her to repair any and all wounds that are not instantly fatal. It is because of these two abilities combined that Sayomi's signature skill is that of regeneration, torn limbs growing back within just a few moments, attacks that would leave even a vampire unable to continue fighting being handled quickly by her magic so that she may continue fighting. These abilities added on top of her already frightening Vampiric abilities makes Sayomi a terrifying force to be recokened with, those who dare to fight her must do so without fear or hesitation because she doesn't allow second chances.
Ghoul Creation and Enslavement: Ghouls, creatures that exist solely to serve their vampire lords. Ghouls are creatures that are created when a vampire attempts to turn a fresh corpse, no more than a day or two since the person had past. Injecting their own blood into the veins of the corpse will reanimate it, however, as artificial vampires are created from the injection of vampiric blood into the bodies of living humans, ghouls are the result. They are mindless creatures with no sense of self, having no purpose or will of their own and only find it in the commands of their vampire masters. Being stronger and faster than the average human they are capable of inhuman feats but lack the ability to use magic as the magic origin is left rotten inside their body. Despite having no true free will of their own, they can develop personalities often picked up by watching others, giving them a sense of individuality. When a ghoul is first created, they take on a form completely different from that of a human as their skin turns pure white and their eyes converge into one large eyeball in the middle of their face. Several red markings being found over their bodies. However, this state is merely the form they take at birth and possess the ability to take on any humanoid form that is requested of them. They do not possess the same weaknesses as vampires, having the ability to walk in the sun only a few days after their birth, however, in order to keep their dead bodies from decaying into nothing Ghouls must devour flesh to exist. This flesh does not have to be in large quantities and one body can feed up to four ghouls for up to a month, their bodies repairing themselves using the nutrients found within the flesh of other living beings. It should be noted that while any flesh will do it is the flesh of living humans that seems to give them the most sustenance.
Hand to Hand Combatant: Sayomi has lived for many years and has been in her fair share of fights, most of them being one sided. However, due to having to hold back against humans in order to keep up the appearance of just being a regular human being she has had to prolong several of her schoolyard fights. She used the time during these fights to study her opponents movements, often finding them to be quite sloppy and leaving them open to counter attacks. After experiencing multiple fights like this she became interested in what so called "professional" fighters were like. This lead to her spending a majority of her free time during her high school years down at the town's dojo, where she witnessed many practices and sparrings between the school's students. After graduating high school and moving away to attend university, she began taking classes in the usage of both Muay Thai and Krav Maga at a nearby dojo. She excelled in her practices, beating the finest students in the school after only two months of training. She learned quickly and applied her lessons during sparring, easily taking down her opponent with ther superior strength coupled with her developing understanding of the two martial arts she decided to study in. She was however, almost kicked out of the dojo due to her brutality during matches that involved the usage of Krav Maga. She would often end up hurting her opponents to the point that they needed to go to the hospital. The brutal martial art making it hard for her to hold back when the students are taught to take down their opponent as quickly and efficiently as possible. Even after leaving the dojo, she used the time she spent traveling to learn alongside several masters in the arts, learning each of their different philosophy and understandings of the martial arts they had mastered. Her many years of training and her superior strength and speed make her a deadly opponent that one should reconsider crossing.
- Muay Thai: A martial art that utilizes stand-up striking along with clinching techniques. Also known as "the art of eight limbs" due to its ability to combine punches, kicks, elbows, and knees. The art being very efficient for full contact fighters. Punching techniques from this style are similar to boxing, consisting of jabs, crosses, hooks and so forth. Elbow uppercut, elbow slashes, spinning elbow. Straight kick, roundhouse kick, jump kick. Flying knee, straight knee strike, knee bomb, knee slap. Straight foot-thrust, jumping foot-thrust. These are just a few of the many different techniques utilized by Muay Thai fighters, being incredibly flexible and efficient techniques. Combined with her vampiric abilities, his style of martial arts is turned into an incredibly deadly combination of attacks where as single blow in the wrong place could potentially dismember an opponent.
- Krav Maga: An extremely efficient form of combat known for its brutal counter attacks. This form of self-defense consists of several different techniques taken from Aikido, Boxing, Judo, wrestling, all alongside realistic fight training. The combat style's philosophy focuses on neutralizing the threat, offensive and defensive maneuvers coupled with aggression. Attacks and counter-attacks delivered by users of this form of self-defense target the most vulnerable parts of the human body, eyes, throat, groin, ribs, kidneys, knee, and liver. Those who practice this form of self-defense are also taught to be situationally aware of their surroundings, identifying potential threats before said threats have a chance to attack. The basic purpose of Krav Maga is to end a fight as quickly as possible. Unlike Aikido and Judo, Krav Maga concerns itself little with the safety of the threat being neutralized.
Magical Regeneration: As not only a vampire but a user of flesh devil slayer magic, Sayomi possesses the ability to gain nutrients, restore magical energy, and heal by consuming the elements of flesh, bones, and blood. Her physiology allowing her to digest these three different elements to become stronger. While she is unable to consume blood from dead bodies to feed herself, gaining no nutrients from the blood consumed, it can still restore her magical power as vampires are unable to derive nutrients from the blood of corpses, normally being poison to them but this is bypassed due to the newfound nature of her corrupted magic origin which takes on the form of that of a devil slayer and thus allows her body to transform the dead men's blood into magical energy. It is a dangerous process that requires her to see to it that the corpse's blood is not drank through her fangs and is instead swallowed down her throat where it is almost instantly transformed into magically energy to refill her origin. As with all slayers, she claims that the blood, bone, and flesh she consumes has a taste to it. The different forms having different tastes depending on the person and sometimes the level of decay, fresh and living bodies seeming to taste better than older, dead, and decaying bodies like those found in grave yards and as such she prefers living prey to dead ones.
- Magical Aura (魔力の霊気, Maryoku no Reiki): A magical aura is the exertion of magical energy around the user's body. Encapsulating the user in an aura of a color befitting their personality. Colors and potency of Magical auras are various. This aura is normally accompanied by a pressure of sorts, the strength of this pressure depends on the level of magical aura the user wields. Depending on the level of ones magical aura as well as their control over it, it may also be used as an intimidation tactic or even as a way to negate weak attacks. Magical aura come in three different forms, a standard aura which is exhibited by those of weak or average magical power. These auras are often weak, only being able to intimidate none mages. The second of these auras is an S-class aura which is exhibited by those whose level of magical power is equal to or greater than that of an S-class mage. This aura emits and overwhelming pressure that most anyone might find intimidating. The final and most powerful form of aura is the monster aura which is only exhibited by those whose level of magical power is equal to or exceeds that of a guild master or wizard saint. These auras encompass a large area around the user, releasing an incredible amount of pressure. This pressure may even completely immobilize some opponents. The user is replaced by a phantom-like apparition as they are completely enveloped in their respective color. Sayomi's Magical aura takes on a blood red color, representing her rage and bloodlust at the loss of her family and hatred toward humans who she sees as lesser beings.
- Monster Aura (未力の魔霊気, Miryoku no Mareiki): The most powerful form of aura is the monster aura which is only exhibited by those whose level of magical power is equal to or exceeds that of a guild master or wizard saint. These auras encompass a large area around the user, releasing an incredible amount of pressure. This pressure may even completely immobilize some opponents. The user is replaced by a phantom-like apparition as they are completely enveloped in their respective color. This aura, like an S-class aura, can negate most weak magical attacks and throw most forms of projectiles off from their initial trajectory. The approximate radius of this aura is said to be around ten feet when fully released. When Sayomi fully releases her monster aura the pressure of said aura being released is said to sound like a loud roar that will echo outward for several moments. Her monster aura takes the form of a giant red tiger, representing her ferocity and animalistic nature.
- Second Origin (二原, Nigen): The second origin, due to the nature of the magic origin, is wrongly named as it is simply the full extent of a mages power. Therefore, the activation of the second origin is simply the unlocking of the mages total possible magical reserves. There are a few different ways in which a person can go about unlocking their second origin. The first of which is through a sudden surge of willpower during a moment or time of immense stress. The body's natural instinct to survive causing a sudden increase in magic power and forcing the second origin open. The second way in which one might be able to unlock their second origin is through the usage of Arc of Time, aging the origin until it has unlocked. This suggests that if left alone, the second origin will eventually open on its own. Regardless of how it is opened, there are several passive effects that immediately take place upon its unlocking. In the case of Slayers, their physical prowess and magical potency will dramatically increase. In the case of standard mages, an immeasurable burst in magical power will occur, allowing them access to magic and items that have the ability to rewrite the laws of magic. However, it should be noted that such statements are still up for debate. If one wished to activate their second origin without suffering the passive effects for whatever reason, they need first place a seal on a portion of their magic origin. Due to the fact that magical energy is so intertwined with one's own emotions and willpower, this must be done via a method know as the pact. The pact is made once the user has reached the full potential of their magic origin, something that is known to take a considerable amount of time of emotional distress. The pact seals away a portion of the mages magical power behind several magical seals that can only be unlocked once the pact has been fulfilled. In past cases, this has happened when a mage feels their life or the lives of those they care about are being threatened. This sudden burst of magical energy, while extremely useful, leaves the mage utterly drained immediately after its use. Once the pact has been met and the seal having been broken, it can never be recreated again. The full potential of the origin now being accessible to the mage at any time, increasing their magical reserves and base stats by a considerable amount.
Flesh Devil Slayer Magic
Flesh Devil Slayer Magic (肉滅悪魔法, Shishi Metsuaku Mahō) is a form of Forbidden Lost Magic that combines both Blood Devil Slayer Magic (血液滅悪魔法, ketsueki Metsuaku Mahō) and Bone Devil Slayer Magic (骨滅悪魔法, hone Metsuaku Mahō) as a Dual Element Devil Slayer Magic which grants them the ability to fight, defeat, and even kill Demons and Etherious, utilizing the elements of Blood and Bones to create powerful and devastating spells. Mages who utilize Devil slayer magic are known as Demon Destroying Magicians or Exorcist Mages (悪魔祓いの魔導士, Akumaharai no Madōshi). This form of magic can be learned in two different ways. The first is through the usage of one of the many books of Zeref. These books contain notes on how to obtain and utilize Magical Barrier Particles, incredibly poisonous anti-magic particles. These books modify the user's magic and the body of the user, passing on magic barrier particles of the element to the user and changing their magic origin. This in turn, changes how magic flows through the user's body, causing their magic origin and magic energy to become demonic in nature and changes a portion of the user's magical power to that of a Devil Slayer. The second way in which a mage may learn Devil Slayer magic is through the teachings of a Demon or Etherious directly, very similar to how a God Slayer may learn their magic directly from a God or a Dragon Slayer from their Dragon Parent.
The Process of Learning Devil Slayer Magic continues as the magic barrier particles work alongside the user's own magical energy to catalyze changes in their own physiology so that they adopt the ability to embody their element. Once a specific level of mastery has been achieved, the user may be able to transform their body to something resembling that possessed by an Etherious giving them abilities similar to that found in Force modes such as Dragon Force. Flesh Devil slayers possess the ability to replenish their magical reserves as well as heal through the consumption of bone and blood. It should be noted that while he user may consume bones regardless of their age, a Flesh Devil slayer is not able to consume the blood of anything that has been dead for more than ten minutes. As a result of their ability to consume their element, they are also immune to any Bone or Blood based magics. However, like in all slayers aside from God Slayers, users do not possess the ability to consume any blood or bone produced through their own magic. Many would argue that such an ability would be all but useless anyway, the only purpose such an ability could serve is to allow them to regain the some of the magic expended during a missed attack. Despite the fact that it is unable to consume blood or bone created through its own magic, Devil slayer magic in general is believed to be stronger than both God Slayer Magic and Dragon Slayer Magic, being able to consume elements from both while Dragon Slayers are unable to consume God slayer magic without expending all of their magical energy. It should also be noted that a Devil Slayer is unable to devour elemental curses despite them being made of their respective elements due to the fact that they contain unrefined magic barrier particles which would harm and possibly kill the user if consumed.
Flesh Devil Slayers possess the ability to utilize both blood and bone separately to cast powerful spells. However, because of its dual element nature, the user also possesses the ability to combine the two, allowing the user control over their entire bodies. This allows them to manipulate flesh and hair at well, not only their own but of those around them as well. As a result of this ability to control their own bodies, Flesh Devil Slayers can completely change their appearance however they like, becoming a different person or even gender if they like. That being said, just because a user changes their physical makeup to fit that of another gender, they are incapable of reproducing through the methods of that other gender, the change being simply physical. Such as the case with all elemental magics, the user can modify it to fit their needs. Flesh Devil Slayers have the ability to create Flesh, Blood, and Bone weapons sharp enough to cut through solid metals. They also have the ability to control the density and viscosity of their elements, creating bone stronger than steel and blood thicker than tar. Users can harden their own skin to create a protective layer of armor capable of stopping bullets. They are also known to have incredible healing abilities, controlling the cells in their body to speed up the healing process not only in themselves but in others as well if they so wished it. Maker type abilities are also granted to users of Flesh Devil Slayer Magic the user being able to create both static and dynamic creations with their magic, bone wolves, flesh clones, blood swords. All of these things and more are possible through the usage of this magic.
- Flesh Devil's Rage (肉魔怒り, Shishi ma ikari):
- Flesh Devil's Trickery (肉魔瞞着, Shishi ma manchaku): A basic spell of this macabre magic that allows the user to completely transform themselves into another person. This spell does not require any kind of hand movement or incantation to cast, the user simply focusing their magic equally throughout their body to change the entire structure of it. Bones grow and shrink, snapping and being dissolved inside of the user's own body as they twist and mold to create the structure of the body they are hoping to copy. The flesh stretching to fit this new bone structure, muscles and organs changing to fit within their new body. The process of this spell itself only takes a few moments but it is said to be one of the most painful experiences anyone could ever feel and thus requires a high tolerance for pain to even survive the utilization of this spell without going into shock and dying then and there. This spell is normally used to allow the user to blend into environments where their true face is already known. If the user knows their opponent they can even transform themselves into the face of one their opponent's loved ones as a form of psychological warfare which often causes the target to hesitate for a moment, opening up an excellent opportunity to strike. This ability also allows the user to change genders, their bodies rearranging to have the appropriate anatomical structure of the gender they are becoming. However, while this allows them to participate in sexual intercourse as the gender of their choosing, they are unable to produce children through any means beyond that of their original gender, a female who uses this magic to assume the form of a male will be unable to produce fertile sperm and a male who uses this magic to become female will be unable to produce fertile eggs.
- Flesh Devil's Tendril (肉魔巻鬚, Shishi ma makihige):
- Hormone Control (ホルモン管理, horumon kanri):
- Adrenaline Increase:
- Aldosterone Increase: Raises Blood pressure TBC
- Growth Hormone Increase:
- Gastrin Increase: Promotes acid secretion in the stomach TBC
- Flesh Devil's Paralysis (肉魔麻痺, Shishi ma mahi):
- Flesh Devil's Acid Rain (肉魔酸性雨, Shishi ma sanseiu):
- Flesh Devil's Armor (肉魔鎧, Shishi ma yoroi):
- Flesh Devil's Organ Shutdown (肉魔器官不成立, Shishi ma kikan fuseiritsu):
- Flesh Devil's Healing (肉魔, Shishi ma):
- Flesh Devil's Charisma (肉魔, Shishi ma): Causing respiratory failure, "Taking their breath away" TBA
- Flesh Devil's Illusion (肉魔幻覚カリスマ性, Shishi ma genkaku karisumasei):
- Devil Synchronization (鬼化内, Debiru Shinku):
Flesh-Make (肉メーク, shishi meeku): Flesh the result of the combination of blood and Bone, somehow granting the user the ability to create flesh from these two elements. When the user creates or molds this newly formed element it is often very easy to do so, the flesh bending and stretching with little resistance from the material itself. The only problem that could possibly arise from the usage of this magic is that the user may be disgusted by his own creations, mages who utilize this magic needing to have a strong stomach. The user can create and mold this flesh into any shape or form they pleased, hardening it to create things such as armor and other weapons such as swords, spears, and hammers. They can also create ranged weapons such as cannons and guns, firing flesh bullets at their targets. Dynamic spells can also be created, allowing the user to make clones, wolves, and flying creatures such as birds, wyvern, and creatures similar in appearance to dragons. Whenever a flesh-make spell disappears it rots away, leaving the odor of death behind to linger in the air.
- Flesh Devil's Grotesque Creation (肉魔グロ生成, Shishi ma guro seisei):
Blood Devil Slayer Spells
Blood Devil Slayer Magic (血液滅悪魔法, ketsueki Metsuaku Mahō): is a form of Forbidden Lost Magic which grants them the ability to fight, defeat, and even kill Demons and Etherious, utilizing the element of Blood to create powerful and devastating spells. Mages who utilize Devil slayer magic are known as Demon Destroying Magicians or Exorcist Mages (悪魔祓いの魔導士, Akumaharai no Madōshi). This form of magic can be learned in two different ways. The first is through the usage of one of the many books of Zeref. These books contain notes on how to obtain and utilize Magical Barrier Particles, incredibly poisonous anti-magic particles. These books modify the user's magic and the body of the user, passing on magic barrier particles of the element to the user and changing their magic origin. This in turn, changes how magic flows through the user's body, causing their magic origin and magic energy to become demonic in nature and changes a portion of the user's magical power to that of a Devil Slayer. The second way in which a mage may learn Devil Slayer magic is through the teachings of a Demon or Etherious directly, very similar to how a God Slayer may learn their magic directly from a God or a Dragon Slayer from their Dragon Parent.
The Process of Learning Devil Slayer Magic continues as the magic barrier particles work alongside the user's own magical energy to catalyze changes in their own physiology so that they adopt the ability to embody their element. Once a specific level of mastery has been achieved, the user may be able to transform their body to something resembling that possessed by an Etherious giving them abilities similar to that found in Force modes such as Dragon Force. Blood Devil slayers possess the ability to replenish their magical reserves as well as heal through the consumption of blood. It should be noted that a Blood Devil slayer is not able to consume the blood of anything that has been dead for more than ten minutes. As a result of their ability to consume their element, they are also immune to any Blood-based magics or attacks. However, like in all slayers aside from God Slayers, users do not possess the ability to consume any blood produced through their own magic. Many would argue that such an ability would be all but useless anyway, the only purpose such an ability could serve is to allow them to regain the some of the magic expended during a missed attack. Despite the fact that it is unable to consume blood created through its own magic, Devil slayer magic in general is believed to be stronger than both God Slayer Magic and Dragon Slayer Magic, being able to consume elements from both while Dragon Slayers are unable to consume God slayer magic without expending all of their magical energy. It should also be noted that a Devil Slayer is unable to devour elemental curses despite them being made of their respective elements due to the fact that they contain unrefined magic barrier particles which would harm and possibly kill the user if consumed.
Blood Devil Slayers possess the ability to utilize blood to cast powerful spells. They are known to have complete authority over their respective element, in this case being blood, being able to manipulate it however they see fit. This allows them to harden their own blood to create weapons, similar to Blood-Make. The ability to harden their blood in such away allows them to create weapons such as swords, spears, scythes, shields and armors for them to utilize in combat. They can even create dynamic blood make creations. This can include things such as clones, wolves, flying animals, anything they user can imagine and possesses the necessary magical power to create. Another ability possessed by Blood Devil slayers is the ability to control the blood in the bodies of those around them, taking control of people and animals alike. This is said to be unbearably painful to the victim, often making them feel faint.
- Blood Devil's Rage (血液魔怒り, ketsueki ma ikari): The signature spell of any devil slayer is that of their rage, the Devil slayer equivalent of a Dragon slayer's roar or God Slayer's bellow. A blood devil's rage is an incredibly powerful blast that is cast when the user takes in a deep breath, creating a magic circle in front of them before exhaling into it. The air blown from the user's lungs enters the magic circle and is transformed into their element which will be shot out of the circle at great speeds toward their target. Those who have reached a certain level of mastery of Blood Devil slayer magic allows them to simply focus their magical energy into their lungs, transforming the air into their element within their own bodies before it is released from their mouth as a powerful blast. Sayomi's blood devil's rage can be cast in one of two forms, the first being a giant blast that devastates anything in its path, having the power to easily punch through some of the strongest forms of metal in existence when the spell is at full power. The blast completely decimates anything that dares block it's path, the blunt force tearing through flesh and bone like a high pressure water cannon through paper. The second form in which this spell can be cast is that of several thousand crystal-like bloody needles being shot from her mouth instead of a beam, the needles stabbing into opponents before shattering into fragments that can cause even further damage. The shrapnel from these fragments being thrown with enough force to cut deeply into flesh and even lodged in bone. Because Sayomi is a vampire, her blood is far different from that of a human's it being similar is viscosity to that of tar. As such, it is poisonous to living creatures, having the similar effect that injecting the blood of a decaying corpse into their bloodstream would have, leading to organ and heart failure.
- Contract (悪魔の血協定, Kontorakuto): Also known as Bloodpact with the Devil, is a Devil Slayer and magic amplification ability utilized by both Natural and Legacy Devil Slayer Magic users that brings out the true power of a devil slayer that can be achieved without the use of Devil Synchronization. Similar to Second Origin Activation, the user draws in ambient ethernano from their surrounding environment which will begin to interact with their magic origin and their respective element. The ambient ethernano will cause a sudden upsurge of magic power as it quickly spreads throughout the user's body. As a result, the user is unable to contain their element and it will begin to pour out of and consume them. The user will then appear to be completely cloaked in concentrated magical energy often taking the form of an animal of some kind, each form being unique to that individual which may mean that the animal their magical energy chooses to take the form of may or may not have to do with that individual's personality or emotions. upon entering this state the user is known to gain several buffs and boosts to their magical and physical prowess, their spells becoming far more powerful than they previously were before. They also become completely immune to their own element and gain near-invulnerability from all other elements. The user's cloak may also be manipulated in several different ways, the magical energy that it is made up of is still the user's and as such is theirs to do with as they please. As an example, if the cloak possesses a tail of some kind the user may be able to manipulate it to strike their opponent. Cloaks also gain elemental effects based on the element utilized by the Devil Slayer in the case of a Blood Devil Slayer it would possess the ability to begin draining the blood out of any living creature who came in contact with the magical energy making up the barrier. The blood drawn from the user will become fuel for the devil slayer within the cloak. The most important advantage gained through the activation of this cloak is enhanced resistance to Magical Barrier Particles, particles utilized and released by Demons and Etherious. Those who have mastered the usage of this cloak have gained the ability to transform it into different forms. This allows the user's cloak to take on more concrete forms aside from the animals forms they previously took. These forms can be that of wings that extend outward from the opponents back or a veil of energy surrounding them similar in appearance to an aura of some kind. This spell also comes with its share of weaknesses, for those who utilize and practice Dual Element Devil Slayer Magic, the cloak that they will possess will take the form of their primary element and seal away their ability to utilize their secondary during the time in which to cloak is activated. The second weakness is that the user becomes much more vulnerable to their opposing element regardless of whether or not it is also a slayer ability. Fire Devil slayers become weak to water magic, Darkness Devil Slayers become weak to light magic, and so forth. This spell upon first activation has a time limit of around five minutes, however, this time limit can be lengthed with training.
- Blood Devil's Strike (血液魔殴打, ketsueki ma ouda):
- Blood Devil's Claw (血液魔爪, ketsueki ma tsume):
- Blood Devil's Dripping Arrows (血液魔ぼたり矢玉, ketsueki ma botari yadama):
- Blood Devil's Oozing wave (血液魔ぼたり波, ketsueki ma botari nami):
- Blood Devil's Egg (血液魔卵, ketsueki ma tamago):
- Blood Devil's Puppet (血液魔操り, ketsueki ma ayatsuri):
Blood-Make (血の造形魔法, Buraddo Meiku):
Bone Devil Slayer Spells
Bone Devil Slayer Magic (骨滅悪魔法, hone Metsuaku Mahō): is a form of Forbidden Lost Magic which grants them the ability to fight, defeat, and even kill Demons and Etherious, utilizing the element of Bones to create powerful and devastating spells. Mages who utilize Devil slayer magic are known as Demon Destroying Magicians or Exorcist Mages (悪魔祓いの魔導士, Akumaharai no Madōshi). This form of magic can be learned in two different ways. The first is through the usage of one of the many books of Zeref. These books contain notes on how to obtain and utilize Magical Barrier Particles, incredibly poisonous anti-magic particles. These books modify the user's magic and the body of the user, passing on magic barrier particles of the element to the user and changing their magic origin. This in turn, changes how magic flows through the user's body, causing their magic origin and magic energy to become demonic in nature and changes a portion of the user's magical power to that of a Devil Slayer. The second way in which a mage may learn Devil Slayer magic is through the teachings of a Demon or Etherious directly, very similar to how a God Slayer may learn their magic directly from a God or a Dragon Slayer from their Dragon Parent.
The Process of Learning Devil Slayer Magic continues as the magic barrier particles work alongside the user's own magical energy to catalyze changes in their own physiology so that they adopt the ability to embody their element. Once a specific level of mastery has been achieved, the user may be able to transform their body to something resembling that possessed by an Etherious giving them abilities similar to that found in Force modes such as Dragon Force. As a result of their ability to consume their element, they are also immune to any Bone based magics. However, like in all slayers aside from God Slayers, users do not possess the ability to consume any bone produced through their own magic. Many would argue that such an ability would be all but useless anyway, the only purpose such an ability could serve is to allow them to regain the some of the magic expended during a missed attack. Despite the fact that it is unable to consume bone created through its own magic, Devil slayer magic in general is believed to be stronger than both God Slayer Magic and Dragon Slayer Magic, being able to consume elements from both while Dragon Slayers are unable to consume God slayer magic without expending all of their magical energy. It should also be noted that a Devil Slayer is unable to devour elemental curses despite them being made of their respective elements due to the fact that they contain unrefined magic barrier particles which would harm and possibly kill the user if consumed.
- Bone Devil's Rage (骨魔怒り, hone ma ikari):
- Bone Devil's Claw (骨魔爪, hone ma tsume):
- Bone Devil's Playground (骨魔遊び場, hone ma asobiba):
- Bone Devil's Tooth Bullet (骨魔歯弾丸, hone ma ha dangan):
- Bone Devil's Joint Lock (骨魔接続鍵, hone ma setsuzoku kagi):
Bone-Make (ブーンメイク, Buun Meiku): Bone-Make is a form of Molding Magic that is rare to see among mages today, the macabre and creepy form of maker magic normally only being seen in use by dark mages and occult members who believe the magic to be a gift from the Gods. In reality, Bone-Make is simply a magic that allows the user to manipulate Hydroxylapatite and collagen as well as many other trace minerals in their bodies to create bone. Unlike other maker magics where the user can simply hold out their hand and create their desired object, the bones formed through the usage of Bone-Make must be created within the user's own body, normally protruding from another bone before piercing the flesh of the user which allows them to pull the object out. As such, the process of creating through the use of this magic is often painful, requiring the user to build a tolerance for pain over time. Depending on the creation, these bones can take upwards of .35 to five full seconds to create.
Like with most maker magics, what a user can create is limited only by their own imagination and the amount of magical power they wield. Swords, spears, daggers, hammers, and much more are possible to create through the usage of this magic. Armor and Shields are also popular creations, a user's ability to add trace metals found within their own bodies into the bone they create allowing them to make bones harder than steel and capable of blocking powerful attacks, absorbing shock better than most other elemental armors. An ability that Bone-Make users are known for is the ability to hollow out their own bones, making them similar to that of birds, decreasing their weight. Such a strategy is one of risk and reward, choosing to abandon their ability to defend for increased speed and agility. Dynamic Bone-make creations are also possible, these normally much larger creations needed to be assembled outside of the body. They are normally created in parts that will fall out of various spots of the user's body before assembling to create their desired monster. Like with all dynamic maker magic spells, the creation has no will of its own and is instead given a simple directive during its creations via a telepathic link between it and its creator. This simply directive can be anything from "kill the target" to "shield me", anything that gives the creation a purpose and once that purpose is fulfilled it will fall apart.
Less obvious abilities utilized by Bone-Make users is the ability to create explosive bone bombs similar to grenades, building the pressure in the spongy bone until it cracks and splinters out to create dangerous and sometimes deadly projectiles. Blood cells created within bone marrow are also easily manipulated by Bone-make users. Users are capable of utilizing the lymphocytes (a form of white blood cell), injecting them into their target through cutting them with a bone created by the user and commanding those lymphocytes attack the cells of the victim. This effectively begins breaking down the opponent from the inside, a process that can only be stopped through the command of the user or the death of either the victim or the caster.
- Bone Make Sword: One of the most basic spells of any maker magic allows the user to create a sword made from their respective elements. Swords created through the usage of bone-make are no different. They can make several different swords ranging from short swords to great swords and depending on the sword they may or may not use different bones in their bodies as the basis for said sword. Most longer swords are created through the use of the spinal column or Vertebral column as it is also known. The blade begins growing out of the already existing column from the top of the Thoracic curve, growing and until it protrudes from the skin between the shoulder blades. The user will then reach behind them, slowly pulling out the rest of the sword as it forms while being careful not to pull too quickly and possibly damage the already existing spinal column. The column maintains its shape as the bones of the column fuse together, a bone rod created to take the place of the spinal cord and further held keep the shape of the blade. Shorter swords are normally created from either the humerus or femur depending on the desired length. These blades will protrude from the hip or shoulder of the user. Extra aesthetic accessories such as guards can be created once the blade has exited the body. These blades are often as sharp as a razor's edge and can be harder than steel if the user chooses to add trace elements of metal found in their body during the sword's creation.
- Bone Make Bullets: One of the few spells that allow the user to attack from a distance, this spell is another basic one that allows the user to create bone bullets that can be shot at targets at high speeds. The bones commonly used during the casting of this spell are the ones found in the hand, more specifically the fingers. They user will aim their hand at the target, the number of fingers extended being equal to the number of bullets that will be fired. The caster will then focus his magic in the tips of his fingers, triggering the growth of distal phalanges from the already existing ones. These newly formed "bullets" will begin to protrude from the fingers, the tips being the only visible part of them before they are fired. During the casting of this spell the user will have been storing pressure inside of the newly formed bone, purposely making the one end of the bone weak so that once it has been fully create the back of the bone will shatter and release the pressure and send the bone bullets forward toward their target. One drawback to this attack is that it normally completely blows the flesh and muscle from the time of the fingers used in the attack. However, due to a bone-make user's enhanced healing abilities, the lost flesh and muscle will only take a minute or two at most to fully heal. These bullets are often slower than those found to be shot from a regular gun but are still capable of causing massive amounts of damage to targets depending on where they hit, being able to puncture skin and organs with easy, only meeting resistance when hitting other bones which they will often crack. Regardless, once the bullet has entered the body it has a tendency to splinter, causing more damage once it has reached inside the target.
- Bone Make Shield : A defensive spell and one of the most basic of bone-make magic that allows the user to create a shield from their own bones. The most simplest casting of this spell involves the user focusing their magical energy into either one or both of their forearms, the user activating this spell and fusing the radius and ulna together before allowing it to grow outwardly both forward to protrude out from the flesh of the forearm vertically to become a small circular shield capable of protecting the user from attacks. Despite the shields size, the shield may be capable of stopping heavy attacks and even bullets in their tracks if the user decides to infuse the created bone with the trace metals found within their bodies. Even if they do not, the shield is normally capable of withstanding most lighter attacks such as punches and kicks, even blocking swords depending on the power behind them. While the most common version of this spell is that which utilizes the radius and ulna, the spinal column may also be used, creating a rear shield to protect them from surprise attacks from behind. However, due to the fact that the spinal column must temporarily fuse together to create this shield, it limits the movements of the user. This can be fixed via the use of one's ribs rather that the spinal column, the ribs growing backward, protruding out of the user's back to fuse together behind them like a shell. While this does still constrict movement, it is said to be much less inhibiting than the spinal shield.
- Bone make Axe:
- Bone make Armor: An intermediate spell of Bone-make that allows the user to create armor to protect them in combat. The user begins the casting of this spell by focusing their magical energy into the sections of their bodies they wish to become armored. The bones in these sections will then begin to grow outward, protruding from various places on the body as they begin to coat the body, fusing together to create anything from helmets, gauntlets, greaves, and chassis to protect the user's body from both physical and magical spells. The types of armor created through the use of his spell is entirely up to the user, the traditional knights armor is the most common but others are possible with a bit of imagination. The molding of the armor is guided by the user and as such, normally requires the user to have at least some basic knowledge of the structure and creation of the armor they are molding lest they end up with something as useless as an eggshell surrounding their body. As stated before, the armor can be created in sections to fit the user's needs, creating strong bone gauntlets without the need to create the other pieces. The strength and all around usefulness of the armor depends heavily on the design, however, trace amounts of metal in the user's body can be infused into the bone to improve sturdiness and decrease the likelihood of it shattering when hit by a powerful force of some kind. When utilized to create a full set of armor, it is described to be the most painful spell in bone make's arsenal, users describing the feeling as being ripped apart from the inside out as the bones rip through the skin from all over their bodies.
- Bone Titan:
Vampire Magic (吸血魔法, Kyūketsu Mahō): Vampire magic is a form of Caster Magic that allows the user to temporarily paralyze a target. The user can achieve this by overwhelming the opponent with their magical power, forcing their own magical energy into the body of the opponent to restrain and bind them to the point that movement is nearly impossible. This magic can be cast when the user points their hand at the target, their middle and index fingers extended outward toward the target, sending out a wave of magical energy toward them, forcing its way into the victim's body before blocking the flow of the victims own ethernano and replacing it with their own and taking control of the user's body. User's of this magic are known to have not only incredible magical power but just as equally amazing mental and physical prowess as all three are needed to be able to overwhelm powerful mages. Users of this magic are often well versed in the knowledge of magic, uderstanding it and how it flows though and effects the mages body on a deeper level than an average mage. After the usage of this magic there is a cool down of thirty seconds. This cooldown time is increased to one minute is the target is able to break free of the magic via their own mental prowess and exerting their own magical aura to expel the user's magical energy from their bodies. Mages powerful enough to achieve such a task are relatively hard to come by though they do exist.
Sleep Magic (眠りの魔法, Nemuri no Mahō): As the name suggests, Sleep magic is a form of Caster and Holder magic that allows the user to lull a target or multiple targets to sleep in a matter of seconds. This can be achieved via the user waving their hand in front of the target or through the use of held items such as cards. When the user waves their hand in front of the targets they enter a state similar to hypnosis at which point the user must verbally command the target to sleep. The target, now in a highly credulous state, will be quick to obey the command, doing so without question or hesitation of any kind. Those who are being affected by this magic will feel a sudden want to obey the user's orders, upon hearing the word sleep the target will feel as though they have been hit with a powerful anesthesia. Their eyelids and limbs will feel unbearably heavy, the weight of them feeling as though it is increasing until the point in which the target can no longer bear it. This process only takes about three seconds, the target being out before they hit the ground. The effects of this can take as long as several hours to fade away and allow the user to wake up. This is only the case if the mage who cast the spell remains nearby and if the target isn't messed with by some kind of outside force. Loud noises do not count on this list, the target having to be physically shaken awake if they are to be awoken before the magics effect wears off on its own. While this magic is normally cast with the wave of a hand it can also be cast a distance, the same effect being caused by "dream bubbles" transparent orbs that can be created and thrown by the user. Users also possess the ability to control and see the dreams of the victim, only going being able to go so far as to make it a nightmare or a pleasant dream and having no real control over what appears within those dreams, leaving that up to the victims subconscious mind.
- Sandman's Kiss ():
- Dream Bubble Barrage ():
Her name means Night born Silence
Sayomi's Alignment is Neutral Evil
Because of the abilities granted to her by Flesh Devil Slayer Magic, Sayomi possesses the ability to change her appearance and even gender. Her "alter ego" is named Kagemaru Shizumi.
The bounty on Sayomi's head is 7,550,000,000 and is registered as an S-class criminal.