- "Human sensations are so....exhilarating. As a Dragon, you think you have it all...then you take on a form like this and everything overloads your mind. While hearing and sight are dulled, touch and taste senses are spectacular, the sheer amount of human emotion overwhelm. I hear human intercourse isn't that bad either..."
- — Scylla to Esmeralda Tokiyama
Diamond Dragon (金剛石竜 Kongōryū)
Unknown, possibly centuries
Scylla (スキュラ, Sukyura) is a Dragon, also known as the Diamond Dragon (金剛竜 Kongōryū). Uniquely, Scylla is a humanoid-dragon, one who has taken human form due to a past incident. While being in human-shape, she still retains all her magic, therefore making her the user of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic.
A friend of the enigmatic Mr. E, Scylla expressed interest in joining the Akatsuki post-timeskip, thus making her one of the guild's newest members, along with Hanako Orikasa, Makoto Lorelei and Elmenhilde Tepes.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 History
- 4 Plot
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Magic & Abilities
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Navigation
Scylla's human appearance is that of a pale young girl with black hair and equally black eyes. She dresses in a fashion of the gothic lolita, but she leaves her top open, revealing her chest. Due to the fact that she wears no bra underneath, she wears tape to conceal her nipples in an "X" formation. Possibly to signal that she is not human, her ears differ from that of a normal human being's, being pointed up like an elf. As a Dragon, Scylla was understandably large, being about as large as Igneel himself, and coloured similarly. Despite being the Diamond Dragon, Scylla's scales were a deep red, and she had a strangely masculine appearance. She stood upright, much like humans, and possessed a strange jewel embedded within her body, quite possibly a diamond.
How Scylla acted in her Dragon form is unknown, but in her human form, she is noted to be slightly keet. Easily overtaken by human emotions, she lets the new sensations from the human body get the best of her and sometimes overtake her. Like the dragons Igneel, Metallicana, and Grandine, she is rather fond of humans, and after gaining the human body she currently dwells in, is known to be rather flirty, going after any gender, but seems to have settled on Jason and his harem. She shows simple fascination with her new limbs, especially her legs and "what's between them", and always wonders how humans get along without the ability to fly and being such weak and mundane creatures.
Due to a lack of understanding of human phrases, Scylla can sometimes be a bit literal minded, such as taking the phrase "it's raining cat's and dogs" to literally mean it, and then wondering if it's some new Weather-based magic.
While Scylla can be laid back and childish, she is also easily angered, which is possibly magnified due to her human emotions getting the better of her and when she is angry, she is more than willing to use her power to fight off the target of her aggression. She is not above killing and her particular brand of magic makes lacerations easy. Scylla is a fan of killing quickly and easily.
Scylla is a particularly long-lived Dragon, but not much is known about her history in general. However, there was a time when Scylla sustained a terrible wound, and utilized her remaining magical power to regress to a human-like form, to make the recuperation easier. Unlike quite a few of the Dragons seen, she never taught a Human her magic.
Uprising Of Hell Arc
New Beginnings Arc
Dawn/Daybreak: Sengoku Battle Royale
Showdown at Tenrou Island Arc
Gravity Jail (魔槌のむ重力 (グラヴィティ・ジェイル) Guraviti Jeiru; lit. Demonic Hammer of the Gravity Shackles): Scylla's main weapon—the handle is red with a pale yellow spike in its pommel and a sky blue spike on its tip. The blade and counterweight are in one piece on this hammer, a result of the weapon’s peculiar shape. Gravity Jail is shaped like a backward “S” that goes through the spike on the tip of the handle, curls over it—creating the counterweight—and then abruptly widens and curves in the opposite direction, creating the hammer. The weapon is equally colored in blue and white, and the edges are mostly blue. The outer edge of both the counterweight and the blade is lined by blue spikes of varying sizes. It is an exceptionally dense handheld hammer which can easily destroy poorly armored foes and can even damage magical barriers. The head of Gravity Jail can also be spun rapidly on its long cable to form a makeshift shield effective at blocking both beam and projectile barrage. This powerful weapon can also be used to manipulate gravity, allowing it to push opponents away or pull them towards Scylla, as well as deflecting incoming projectiles. A field generator, which is located in the head, emits a magical pulse of ~4.5 meters) that allows it to manipulate gravity. The Gravity Jail is a weaponc created by Mr. E, and is made out of Orichalcum, the strongest material in Earthland.
Magic & Abilities
Ways of Combat
Master Hammer Specialist: Wielding her Gravity Jail effortlessly, Scylla is a powerful user of the hammer. As Gravity Jail would be laborious to wield for anyone who does not possess Scylla's great strength; she wields it with tremendous ease—swinging it around with abandon, smashing enemies through the sheer pressure that her swings unleash. Scylla utilizes the Gravity Jail to perform devastating physical combos that cause rock formations to rise from underground in their wake, and she can even throw it at opponents only for it to fly back to her like a boomerang, utilizing her hammer to break objects in her way. At times she also uses it to simply strike fear into potential enemies. Her style of attack is characterized by power attacks and defense immediately followed by a counter-strike; and due to the design of the Gravity Jail, her style is designed to use an opponent's attack against them, as evidenced by her focus on returning magical projectiles to their origin and emphasis on immediately striking back after a blow. Utilizing a combination of blocks and parries, she maintains a proper foundation of defense against both ranged and melee attacks. Immediately after defending against an opponent's strike, Scylla follows with an attack of their own, bringing the force of the opponent's own blow against them and seeking to dominate the battle. With her hammer Scylla is never second best on the battle floor and is able to actually scare the other characters for her strength and fury. Her wide, yet powerful swings are somewhat slow, but tremendously damaging, shattering the ground upon impact while releasing shockwaves which are broad enough to blow the opponent away. Lastly, Scylla is capable of utilizing her hammer for a wide variety of moves.
- Hammer Jump (ハンマージャンプ, Hanmājanpu): Hammer Jump is a special technique that Scylla has developed solely for movement—it is a whack with Scylla's Gravity Jail that enables her to jump higher than usual. When using the Hammer Jump, Scylla pulls out her Gravity Jail hammer and smacks it into the ground. The force from the smash will emit a powerful shockwave that releases a powerful propulsive force, which will then catapult Scylla high into the air, enabling her to leap much higher than what she or any other character can reach with a normal jump—it is said that she can leap over a skyscraper with the force with which she is propelled with. The Hammer Jump emits a small cascade of diamonds when Gravity Jail touches the ground; this bolsters the propulsion effect even further.
- Spin Hammer Attack (回転ハンマー, Kaiten Hanmā): The Spin Hammer Attack is an offensive move where Scylla twirls around with her Gravity Jail. When performing the Spin Hammer Attack, Scylla stays in one spot and begins twirling around with her Gravity Jail in a swing at high speeds, allowing her to destroy any enemies that enter the radius of her spin. While whirling, Scylla's Gravity Jail leaves a trail of diamonds and afterimages. The downside to this move is that if it is performed for too long, Scylla will get dizzy and will stagger around uncontrollably for a few seconds. Another downside is that the Spin Hammer Attack has a small radius as a standard and since she is rooted on the place when executing it, it is difficult to use; however, it is extraordinarily powerful—trapping foes in a vicious whirlwind of hammer strikes before blowing them away with extreme force.
Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Like much of the guild, Scylla knows the standard weakness of a mage—an inability to be a powerful physical fighter, and deliberately avoids this. Complimenting her immense strength, Scylla uses a style of physical combat which centers around her immense speed as strength, and the purpose of which is to cause external damage and break bones. The style could be called simple; the primary method of the battling style involves smashing the opponents with domineering force, and is not what one would expect from the childish Scylla. Due to this, Scylla's technique can be described as "hard" techniques, due to the principles of force and strength taking precidence over everything else. While this would mean that she believes meeting force with her own force is the best route to victory, Scylla also shows something resembling "soft" techniques, where she is able to use her own force in a way that diverts the opponent from their own course, setting them off balance and making a counterstrike easier.
Immense Strength: A true example of the actual meaningless of muscles in a world of magic, Scylla is one of the physically strongest mages in Akatsuki. This strength aids Scylla in her own use of hand-to-hand combat, in which she can emply sharp, crushing blows that are difficult for opponents to withstand without some form of internal or external damage. Her strength shows further by kicking an opponent into a building, destroying the building itself from impact, or grabbing the weapon of an opponent to reel both it and them towards her for a counterattack. With pure physical force, Scylla is even able to snap a weapon like a sword in half, and can even produce a small dent in Orichalcum, a feat thought to be unachievable without immense magic energy.
Even without enhancements from her own Dragon Force, Scylla is easily able to overpower opponents in sheer physical displays, and even lare amounts of magical energy can bend to Scylla's own physical power. It is a wonder to many how Scylla displays immense feats of strength despite being such a small little girl, though her origins as a dragon could have something to do with this.
- Dig (穴掘り, Anahori): A special move which stems from her high strength; it is actually very simple—when performing Dig, Scylla thrusts her hands into the ground with open hands; beginning to tear at the ground violently and swiftly as she digs into the ground. More accurately, she begins digging into whatever surface that can be dug into, such as grass, soft dirt and stone, and then disappears into the said surface; it cannot be used to dig through metal floors. After a short while, she emerges and can sometimes bring buried objects with her back up, while also utilizing it to transport herself to anywhere that she wishes. This move can be performed as long as there is something to dig into; and Scylla has been shown to be a proficient burrower, able to dig into any wall or floor and excels at tunneling through subterranean regions with great speed.
Enhanced Durability and Endurace: Most likely due to her nature as the Diamond Dragon, Scylla possesses an immense amount of durability, and can only acurrately be described as a tank in the form of a mashochistic loli. She is able to shrug off combined attacks from powerful Rune Knights with little difficulty, and is even shown to enjoy being on the recieving end of pain, which makes it only that much easier for her to endure. Her taste for pain is to the degree that she will only resort to Diamond Dragon's Scales if she knows her life is in immediate danger, since otherwise, it would deprive her of the human experience.
Enhanced Speed: Despite being the Diamond Dragon, Scylla is fast on her feet and can reach super speeds when running, as she has proven herself to be quite acrobatic, precise and agile, on both the ground and in midair. She is able to perform all kinds of actions while in midair effortlessly as well perform several types of acrobatic and nimble movements in combat, with incredible precision. Repeatedly in battle, she has shown herself able to block and dodge dangerous attacks with almost surgical precision, and her movements are so swift that she can hit three times in a row before the foe can even register the blows; something which she utilizes to her advantage many a time in the heat of battle. Not only that, but her movement is fluid and precise, and rarely will she exert effort in movements. Scylla's speed also allows her to follow the movements of faster opponents in the rare chance that she finds one to better analyze their movements or deflect difficult and otherwise fatal strikes with some ease.
Enhanced Sense of Smell: Much like Wendy Marvell, Scylla has a sense of smell superior to that of humans. In fact, her sense of smell rivals, if not surpasses, that of Wendy, due to Scylla being an actual dragon. Like Wendy herself, Scylla's sense of smell effectively transcends time, able to pick up the scent of who was there for up to a staggering 72 hours prior, and, like Wendy, Scylla can detect precisely what their clothes were made of, what shampoo they may have used in their hair, and several other specific details. Her sense of smell also surpasses Wendy's own in terms of distance, as she can smell within 45 miles in any given direction, surpassing Wendy post-timeskip by about 5 miles. Like with all creatures, certain smells register stronger with Scylla than others. She notes that, despite how evil he seems, Mr. E has a surpressing netural, gentle scent.
Notably, Scylla can also "smell" emotions, though whether this is her sense of smell extending to being able to pick up the hormonal levels or a target or not is unclear. She states that she can detect fear, hatred, and lust, among other various feelings, and each has a distinct scent for her.
Great Magical Power: Scylla, like other members of her guild, has a truly immense amount of magical energy. Unlike several of her comrades, who revolve around sheer power, Scylla seems to have excellent control with her magical power, which led to the development of her flight and water walking techniques. Her magical energy is white, and while she lacks the vast stores that Jason LaHote or Crux Kouga display, Scylla is able to use the minimum amount of magical energy possible to produce the strongest desired effects with her spells. effectively conserving far more energy than Jason or Crux could with their own flashy displays, allowing her to fight for much longer with her magic.
Bukūjutsu (舞空術 Sky Dancing Technique): Scylla, like a few other Akatsuki members, displays the ability to fly through the air. However, unlike Mary Jane or Blake Tielmard, Scylla's ability stems more from her control of her magical energy, which she can manipulate through her body, most notably from her feet, and causes it to act as a "replusive force", causing her to levitate. Scylla has full control of the height and speed at which she can move, and unlike Isit, the spell used by Mary and Blake, Scylla has no danger of getting a wing cut off in battle, thus making her flight a superior method. The technique is based on the flight technique of the same name from the Dragon Ball Series.
- Busuijutsu (舞水術 Water Dancing Technique): Possibly stemming from her ability to fly, Scylla also shows the ability to lightly step and maneuver across bodies of water as easily as if she were moving across the land. It is employed through a similar method, expelling magical energy from her feet, Scylla is repelled from the water's surface, however, only so much that she is able to step acrossthe surface without being forced into the air. As such, Scylla can fight as easily on the top of a body of liquid as she can in the air or on the ground. While the technique is based on the concept of water walking from the Naruto series, it's name is made to match the Bukūjutsu Scylla uses to fly.
Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic (金剛の滅竜魔法, Kongō no Metsuryū Mahō) is a Caster Magic, Lost Magic, Slayer Magic, and lastly as well as most obviously, a Dragon Slayer Magic which is focused upon the transformation of the physiology of the caster's body into a dragon, which are extremely powerful and flight-capable legendary creatures that are a strange mixture between serpentine, reptilian and avian traits that live in Earth Land; resulting in Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic revolving around the generation, manipulation, and consumption of the element of diamonds, which are a metastable allotrope of carbon, where the carbon atoms are arranged in a variation of the face-centered cubic crystal structure called a diamond lattice.
As briefly mentioned above, Dragon Slayer Magic is a Caster Magic, Lost Magic, and last but not least, a Slayer Magic that allows its users to transform the physiology of their body into those of a dragon, a species of legendary creatures whom are oftentimes regarded as the strongest of all monsters with immeasurable power and intelligence dwelling within their bodies – dragons can be said to be less of an organic creature themselves but rather, an embodiment of the greatest power of all, and as such, these beings are revered and feared by all whom are knowledgeable of their existence, the mere mention of them causing shockwaves that radiate throughout the lands, magicians of all ranks and walks of life quivering at their name. More importantly, as "ultimate power made physical", they would need an "ultimate magic" to suit their very nature as power manifested in the mortal plane of existence; something that would be far above most magicians in the era that they made their mark on mankind. They could be thought of as "Elemental Magic made manifest and brought to its absolute zenith", though while a personification of the strongest power imaginable; the chains known as a "mortal body" that bind them to the dimension referred as Earth Land do not hinder their performance in battle in the slightest – in fact, their mortality and physical form allow them to utilize their unique Magic Origin which is referred to as the Factor of the Dragon (竜の因子, Ryū no Inshi); indeed, the dragon's origin produces a unique magical power that transcends what could be achieved by normal humans. Normally, a magician's body could be considered a machine which created magical energy, a Dragon's magic origin acts as living power plant which created magical energy, serving the purpose of an enormous magic core with tremendous capacity that generates all sorts of elemental energy that's independent from their body through the simple act of breathing, capable of serving as a power source to power countless appliances – all this works in conjunction alongside the perks that their biology normally gives them; and through application of magical manipulation, grants them the ability to reinforce the sheer power of their own body with their signature element which is assigned to them as birth; generating limitless quantities of their element with an absolute dominance over said element, bestowing upon the wielder of Dragon Slayer Magic fearsome power in the heat of combat. In this case, the dragon who taught the wielder was a Diamond Dragon, which granted them the ability of diamond manipulation, Dragon-style; or to be more specific, Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic was completely self-taught and one of the very first dragons to manifest their Dragon Slayer Magic.
In the case of the Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic when used by a dragon, the Diamond Dragon takes blatant advantage of the fact that their mortality and physical form enables them to utilize their unique draconic Magic Origin alongside the perks that their biology normally gives them; their biological structure has been perfectly attuned to how their Factor of the Dragon functions; more specifically, since with every breath, the Diamond Dragon generates energy independent from their body; which, through application of magical manipulation, grants them the ability to reinforce the sheer power of their own body with their signature element. But of course, no matter whom is utilizing this amazing power, when inducing the activation process for Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic and thereby performing the signature diamond particle manipulation of the magic, the wielder of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic invokes the activation sequence of the magic by focusing the magical energies that are swirling around within their Magic Origin intently, before releasing these energies outwards and washing it over the vicinity as to search for carbon-bearing materials embedded within the rocks, carbon and soil below, bringing them up from their resting places beneath the surface – doing so, the caster is capable of attaching eternano particles which are ambient throughout the atmosphere to these materials, inducing an incredible pressure that results in the formation of diamonds, a material with superlative physical qualities, most of which originate from the strong covalent bonding between its atoms. With diamond being a mineral of carbon, which is the chemical element associated with fundamental life in its most concentrated form, the balance between temperature and pressure that's required for carbon to form diamonds is capable of being simulated through the addition of the caster's magical energies and Magical Aura superimposing themselves over the carbon, rocks, and soil and clamping down, producing tremendously high temperature and pressure during the activation sequence that's normally required for the formation of diamonds, allowing the wielder of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic to manifest them naturally. The atomic arrangement of a diamonds is called a crystal structure. This means that the atoms are arranged in a repetitive pattern and are closely packed; the high density of this arrangement makes diamond a super hard material, beyond the likes of metal and ordinary crystal.
Despite the boons bestowed upon the user as mentioned in the base description for all forms of this magic, the traits such as dramatically enhanced physical prowess and senses can be said to simply be side-effects of having the physiology of a dragon; indeed, the greatest ability of a wielder of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic is also its signature power – calling upon the assets of a dragon even if their bodily structure isn't one-hundred-percent the same as the beings from which this magic originated, the caster is capable of inducing a metamorphosis of their body structure as to take upon traits of a dragon instantaneously which is done in conjunction with the activation sequence of their diamonds, bestowing upon the user of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic; draconic lungs and enhanced vocal folds that are capable of spewing diamonds in the form of storms of shrapnel formed from diamond, rigid plates known as scales that grow out of their skin which are composed completely out of diamonds as to provide protection against diamond, and fierce claws and nails which are encrusted with diamonds, specifically attuned to dealing incredible amounts of damage – all of this combined, results in the physiology of a Dragon Slayer transforming their entire existence into that of a make-shift weapon whose ownership is unique to them and them alone, wielding the element of diamond harnessed by their dragon and passed down to them alongside the natural physical superiority of a dragon in combat, utilizing offensive ability, stamina, and vitality, to transmogrify themselves into the greatest weapon of all, thus dramatically increasing the damage inflicted upon anything that they come into contact with using the sheer force of their strikes in all ranges – however, as one may have suspected, close-combat is where Dragon Slayer Magic usually shines thanks to the overwhelming physical might of a dragon, as the magic massively bolsters the power of their unarmed blows with the user unleashing powerful close-range strikes that are empowered with wakes of destructive diamond which wreak havoc on anything and everything that they come into contact with, whipping up innumerable storms of diamond shards and blasts with every movement taken. Effectively, this grants the user of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic the ability to manipulate, modify, consume, and generate from their body diamonds to their fullest extent; they have absolute dominance over the element of diamond and everything related to and dwelling within it.
In a manner that's not dissimilar to the likes of Iron Dragon Slayer Magic and Metal Spirit Slayer Magic, the primary usage of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic lies in the wielder of this magic changing parts or the entirety of their body into diamond, with the caster being capable of shaping the diamonds into almost anything for countless alternate purposes by understanding the inherent structure of the properties about to be reproduced; including the flow and balance of atoms within, before using the diamonds in order to perfectly replicate the structure of the identified material, using their magical energy to cause the manifested item in a more malleable state, completely unlike its regular version, as to allow it to be easily reshaped into a new form, reforming the material in the blink of an eye through hand gestures at speeds that are incapable of being traced by the untrained eye - this generally takes the form of a wide array of weapons such as swords, shields, cannons from their body for both close-range and long-range combat, enabling them to attack the opponents both in melee and from a distance with a certain level of impunity, and to cover their body with diamonds in order to dramatically increase their defensive power, at the same time greatly boosting their offense as well - because of this, Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic can be seen as rather different when compared to its companion Dragon Slayer Magics, functioning more like a Molding Magic in that is mainly revolves around the creation of diamond weaponry and tools upon the user's body, displaying a finer control over the element, whereas normal Dragon Slayer Magics simply place a mass of the element on the caster's body parts and let them strike with it. The wielder of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic is also able to manipulate existing diamonds, making them form an offensive spray of tiny diamond dust, and a thick shield made entirely of diamond which can only be seen through from within. The property of a diamond that makes it shiny is its luster. The structural uniformity of the atoms in a diamond allow it to disperse light of all colours, which gives it that twinkling effect; this twinkling effect allows for minute absorption of light-based magics such as Light Magic which is then harnessed to empower the subsequent blow unleashed by the user, the diamonds absorbing the electromagnetic radiation and focusing it at the tip of the diamond structure as to enhance the penetrative properties of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic.
As with all forms of Dragon Slayer Magic, Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic has virtually unlimited customization options in regards to the element formed through simple magical manipulation and reinforced through the power of a dragon – the colour of the diamonds produced by the magic is able to be altered freely, its properties which aren't limited to but include temperature, the smell that it emits, its taste, and overall "feel" is capable of being modified to the user's liking for countless different effects and powers, more often than not being attuned to the user's own personality and ambitions; the type of damage that the diamond inflicts upon anything that it comes into contact with is able to be changed at will; in its normal state, Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic seems to have a "pulverizing" effect to it, seemingly crushing all forms of defense alongside the user's burning ambition given a corporal form in their element; like all Slayer Magics, the user's element is much tougher than any other example of it; in the case of the user, the diamonds which are produced by Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic is even stronger and much more durable than ordinary diamonds, even capable of rendering various physical assaults completely useless. Of course, as the highest form of elemental manipulation around, the wielder of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic is capable of harnessing their magic in any manner that they deem to be suitable, commonly changing between offensive, defensive, evasive, or supplementary potencies in accordance to the situation at hand; but generally, as long as the Dragon Slayer is able to imagine these incredible photons being used in a particular manner and it doesn't break the laws of physics or conflict with any established limitations, then the sky is the limit, more or less. As per the nature of Slayer Magic, a Dragon Slayer is immune to the effects of their own element, and in this case, the wielder of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic can consume external sources of diamonds in order to replenish their strength, both stamina-wise and magic-wise. They are also naturally immune to the effects of their own diamonds that came from both their own person and to those from other sources, but must consume it through their mouths if they are to actually absorb it into their bodies; while they can't consume the diamonds when produced by themselves, it should be taken into consideration that Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic also bestows upon the wielder immunity to effects related to the diamonds as well. Of course, when using this magic, the wielder of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic can only be scratched by other diamonds, and its absolute hardness is impossible to measure with this magic active, the the user's body possesses super-hard firmness of diamond, as well as the smoothness of living tissue.
- Diamond Dragon's Roar (金剛竜の咆哮 Kongōryu no Hōkō): Diamond Dragon's Roar is the hyperresonance ability of a dragon, attuned to the element of diamond - as such, it works best with Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic, leading to it being a basic Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic. When performing Diamond Dragon's Roar, the user utilizes their enhanced lung capacity in order to gather and condense ambient eternano from within the atmosphere and store it momentarily within their mouth- from here, the user attunes the eternano gathered by merging them with their energy in order to induce the usual fusion to being power into the current realm; this results in the user of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic focusing the magical energies that are swirling around within their Magic Origin intently, before releasing these energies outwards and washing it over the vicinity as to search for carbon-bearing materials embedded within the rocks, carbon and soil below, bringing them up from their resting places beneath the surface – doing so, the caster is capable of attaching eternano particles which are ambient throughout the atmosphere to these materials, inducing an incredible pressure that results in the formation of diamonds, a material with superlative physical qualities, most of which originate from the strong covalent bonding between its atoms; they draw more and more diamonds into their massive jaws from which no flying, talking cats have ever seen the light of day until they have gathered enough to the point that just by propelling it outwards, they could cause a bombardment of shrapnel that covers an entire continent. Once this is done, in order to unleash the magical energy, the user utilizes the Dragon Cords (竜帯, Ryūtai), a dragon's equivalent of vocal cords which produce a louder and harsher sound while amplifying anything emitted from their mouth tremendously, resulting in a massive blast of energy spewing forth from the user's mouth towards the target; in the case of Diamond Dragon's Roar which, of course, as its name would suggest, is based around diamonds, this has the effect of unleashing the diamonds gathered within the caster's mouth in the form of a very powerful tornado that possesses immense blunt force. The tornado itself is shot like a bullet—being evenly sized, while possessing tremendous blunt force as it barges into the opponent, blasting them away while releasing sharp shards of diamonds in the process, to shred the opponents' body; the shrapnel which is released alongside the hurricane are able to pierce powerful strong magical barriers in the process of movement, thus even a barrier erected by an S-Class Mage would also be sundered; the diamonds fired work similar to a shotgun; spreading the damage dealt by the attack over a greater area; quickly devastating anything and everything that it comes into contact with, perforating them over and over through countless shards of metal that are scattered over a wide distance. It is stunningly more powerful than a more focused blast due to the wider focus of the blast causing more widespread damage, rather than the narrower, more penetrative beam of regular hyperresonance techniques, already more than powerful enough to rip straight through all kinds of magical barriers no matter their source as if they were naught but wet tissue paper. The diamonds released alongside the hurricane are able to pierce powerful strong magical barriers in the process of movement, thus even a barrier erected by Esmeralda Tokiyama would also be sundered; the diamonds fired work similar to a shotgun; spreading the damage dealt by the attack over a greater area. It is stunningly more powerful than a more focused blast due to the wider focus of the blast causing more widespread damage, rather than the narrower, more penetrative beam of regular 'Roar' techniques, already more than powerful enough to penetrate magical barriers. Lastly, Diamond Dragon's Roar is capable of generating an immensely powerful, explosively destructive blast that is capable of traveling great distances, as seen when it was visible all throughout Crocus, wreaking havoc wherever it passed. Diamond Dragon's Roar is capable of travelling a fair distance, around two thousand kilometers, in a few moments.
- Diamond Dragon's Scales (金剛竜の鱗 Kongōryu no Uroko): Diamond Dragon's Scales is a basic Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic spell which can be referred to the Diamond Dragon's equivalent to Iron Dragon's Scales as displayed by Iron Dragon Slayer Magic - it involves the caster shrouding a portion of their body or the entirety of it in dragon scales of diamond, dramatically bolstering their offensive and defensive parameters - Diamond Dragon's Scales is the meat and potatoes of the user of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic's arsenal, so to speak. In any case, when casting Diamond Dragon's Scales, the wielder of Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic focues the magical energies that are swirling around within their Magic Origin intently, before releasing these energies outwards and washing it over the vicinity as to search for carbon-bearing materials embedded within the rocks, carbon and soil below, bringing them up from their resting places beneath the surface – doing so, the caster is capable of attaching eternano particles which are ambient throughout the atmosphere to these materials, inducing an incredible pressure that results in the formation of diamonds, a material with superlative physical qualities, most of which originate from the strong covalent bonding between its atoms, which they focus around their entire body, physically merging the masses of diamond to their body, manipulating its tough composition ever-so-subtly to transform these vast quantities of diamond into structures that resemble the diamond-tough scales of a dragon, expanding them to encompass either individual limbs of their body or the entirety of it - no matter which scope of integration they choose, the scales that now cover the caster's body appear similar to that of colourless mesh with countless wire-thin silvery lines separating each hexagonal dragonscale. The moment that Diamond Dragon's Scales is put into effect, the caster's offensive and defensive parameters instantly receive a truly gargantuan bolstering, making the user's unarmed blows as powerful as that of a direct hit through Crash, which is said to possess the ability to pulverize anything that the user of that magic comes into contact with - but more tellingly, Diamond Dragon's Scales increases the caster's power to the point that it seems as if anything they lash out at is split down to the atomic level, the razor-sharp dragonscales that coat their very existence rending anything and everything in twain. When punching and kicking while covered in these scales, the user is capable of creating powerful gusts of wind through mere kinetic force; massively bolstering their power in close-combat. These scales are strong enough to withstand even some high-tier spells, making the user function as a makeshift battering ram or cannonball. They are even strong enough to shatter bone and rock alike, are resilient against almost every single type of elemental spell that diamond has a good match up against and even some negative ones, as Diamond Dragon's Scales has displayed the capability to resist the flames of Fire Dragon Slayer Magic and the solar rays of Solar Dragon Slayer Magic to some extent. When Diamond Dragon's Scales is active, the user has the ability to manipulate the atomic structure of their physiology at will, allowing their to form their limbs into diamond weapons more freely, regardless of it being part of their biological structure or not. As their defensive power is immense and lightweight, the user's movements are surprisingly more agile than they appear from their new heavy armour. The wielder of Diamond Dragon's Scales is capable of projecting the diamond around their fists at a target as small projectiles or compacted fists to bludgeon an opponent. A more refined and favored method however is to use them as detachable hands, maintaining the hand shape and literally grabbing and restraining the opponent from a distance. Diamond Dragon's Scales is great for defense, however, it is not as effective for offensive moves, since it limits the user's range of motion.
- Diamond Dragon's Mother's Milk (金剛石竜の母乳 Kongōryu no Bonyū): A spell with a rather misleading name, Scylla conjures dust of pure diamond. She proceeds to spread it throughout an area, marking all she deems as ally. The dust provides them with a specialized field of protection, like a barrier, for a pre-determined period of time, usually an hour; additionally, it grants them enhanced attack power and speed. In addition, it also boosts their defensive power. It grants a tremendous boost in power all around the board; the targets receive an enormous augmentation; Diamond Dragon's Mother's Milk boosts the power of her targets to the point that they appear to be mere flashes of energy as they move, powerful enough to cause craters and cracks in the air; in addition to being capable of tanking numerous attacks—the boost is enough to buff them up to at least SS-Class level mages, who are capable of throwing down with the best of them. This spell is useful when she is with a group that has to split up and she wants to keep them protected. Scylla said she specifically chose the name "Mother's Milk" to garner amusing reactions from the humans.
- Diamond Dragon's Sword (金剛石竜の剣 Kongōryu no Ken): Scylla manifests a large amount of diamond on one of her arms or legs; before focusing it and shaping into a large, jagged blade composed of diamond which possesses incredible cutting power—making it all the more deadly. The spikes along the blade's edge make its slashes more painful and dangerous, and the sword's length can be increased to reach enemies who are far away from Scylla. It should be noted that from this singular sword, she can generate a plethora of other, smaller swords, which increase her range even further. It's power and reach allows her to slice may objects, including humans (at its strongest without any reinforcement), clean in two, and if she expels more of her magical aura into it, it can cleave through even the strongest of magical barriers, while causing a 'backlash' effect which enables her to harm a foe by releasing the blade in the form of a blast of pure energy at them the moment she shatters a barrier.
- Diamond Dragon's Erupting Field (金剛石竜の爆野, Kongōryū no Bakuya): When performing Diamond Dragon's Erupting Field, Scylla jumps into the air, raising her fist high above as she charges diamonds on her fist; upon landing, she then strikes the ground with an extremely powerful punch with her fist on the way down, with enough force to trigger a large tremor throughout the area that she is located in, be it the air or on the ground; the force of which causes a large column of bursting diamond shards to erupt. After this, a wide field of silver energy, made of bursts of diamond and minor exploding shockwaves, surrounds Scylla, though she can still move around freely. This energy field will then remain active and surround Scylla for a few moments. The shakes from the tremors are capable of causing the opponents within the attack's radius to lose their footing, leaving them disorientated or stunned; as the field surrounds her body, any breakable obstacles, opposing magic projectiles, and surroundings that come into contact with the energy field surrounding Scylla are instantly destroyed.
- Diamond Dragon's Scarlet Needle (金剛石竜の針朱, Kongōryu no Akehari): Diamond Dragon's Scarlet Needle is shown to be Scylla's most powerful non-Dragon Slayer's Secret Art Diamond Dragon Slayer Magic spell. When utilizing this spell, Scylla releases a needle of diamond into fourteen parts of the opponent's body, either direct or indirectly to puncture them and expel her magical energy into them, losing their 5 senses in the process. The attack is impossible to divert or defend against at the right angles. Scylla can shoot however many needles she wants at the same time up to fourteen and even in multiple targets. The holes of the needles draw a miniature of a cross on the body of the victim; before she finishes the foe off with one last needle which strikes them in the dead center of the cross, causing a chain reaction with the other magical energy-infused diamonds to cause a small freezing effect within the foe's magical energy, causing them to lose the ability to utilize their magic for thirty seconds. The last attack is a close range technique, so Scylla delivers it directly on the victim's body instead of launching it like the other Scarlet Needles.
- Diamond Dragon's Small Throwing Blade (金剛石竜の手裏剣, Kongōryū no Shuriken): A basic, yet effective spell; when performing Diamond Dragon's Small Throwing Blade, Scylla generates a large, three-foot four-pronged metal star which is impressively sharp. Once she does so, she launches it at the opponent, throwing it in a similar manner to that of a Frisbee; when in flight, it splits into innumerable other shuriken. The thrown shuriken star will ricochet off of the walls repeatedly, allowing even more strikes at the foes. The diamond that the shuriken are composed of bolster their destructive potential by making them capable of inflicting severe piercing damage upon direct contact with either the intended victim, or any other object caught within their trajectories. Due to the magic-based nature of the diamonds that they are made of, the shuriken will pierce through almost anything, regardless of the density of the object that they ultimately collide with. Avoiding all of the assailing rain of shuriken would prove difficult, even for the most agile of people. The enemy cannot help but focus their senses on the soaring shuriken. The next move is to attack the blind spot that is inevitably created.
Dragon Slayer's Secret Arts (滅竜奥義, Metsuryū Ōgi): The Dragon Slayer's Secret Arts are the secret techniques of the Dragon Slayer Magic users; they are the hidden and most powerful techniques that can be performed only under specific conditions, often with other requirements that may limit their use during battle.
- Diamond Realm Bursting Through the Earth (地爆金剛界, Chibaku Kongōkai): Scylla's first Blast Caliber; when utilizing it, she extends her power over diamonds into the surrounding area, as she compresses chunks of rock of numerous sizes above her head; attracting earthen materials from all directions and smashes them together; compressing them simultaneously. The surrounding earth is collected into a single point, piling on top of one another until it creates a large sphere very resiminent of that of a giant meteor; compressing each fragment of the meteor into smaller, denser and harder materials, essentially keeping the materials under pressure for more volatile attacks if needed as the diamond sphere is directed to orbit until it is needed. Upon a snap of her fingers, Scylla calls down the meteorite from the upper atmosphere down towards a specific location on the ground. Upon impact with either a solid surface or the desired target, the meteor explodes violently. The meteor possesses tremendous force; it descends at incredible speeds, making it extremely different to react to. These meteors unleash 8.625 times the damage of a sword strike to the opponent; the impact of this technique is of such enormity that it is capable of devastating a significant portion of a mountain, with the resulting tremors being felt as far away as Bevelle.
- Ring of Black Stakes Piercing All Creation (象貫く黒杭の円環, Banshō Tsuranuku Kokkui No Enkan): Scylla's ultimate technique; where she opens an "invisible door" that allows for lances made of diamond to pass through upon her command. The lances that pass through the gate form ripples in the empty air as they appear. They can be summoned anywhere, either directly to her or anywhere in the direct vicinity. The lances generally act as bullets; and she generally readies numerous lances at a time, upon snapping her fingers, the seemingly infinite number of lances can be fired without pause. They move and take aim at the target according to Scylla's will, allowing her to fire without having to even touch them; in order to set the spell up, Scylla designates a set area, which is pointed out by multiple small crosses on the chosen areas around the battlefield—of course, she can change the position of these targets at any time she wishes—these mark the position at which the lances are launched with high velocity. Due to an enormous amount of lances being fired at the same time, it is incredibly difficult to block many of the strikes. She starts out with lower numbers of lances, but increases the number of lances fired in a volley depending on the situation. Upon firing them, she can allow them to pierce the ground after striking the target, causing a large amount of destruction with each lance similar to a carpet bombing; the speed of the attack is so swift that most foes cannot realize that they have been struck until the Blast Caliber ends.
Chain Magic (連鎖魔法 Rensa Mahō): Chain Magic is a Caster Type Magic that utilizes chains in combat, allowing Scylla to shoot long ropes of chains or manipulate existing chains. This Magic allows Scylla to shoot long chains from her hands, complete with grappling hooks at the ends. They can be used in combat by launching the grappling hooks through enemies. After they have been caught, enemies can also be slammed into objects, such as trees, the ground, boulders, etc. She can manipulate the chains in any matter that she wishes. However, these chains are breakable despite all appearances. In addition, Scylla can manipulate her magical energy and produce grappling hooks at the ends, which enables her to scoop up an opponent and smash them into various structures, including other foes. It should be noted that the chains can extend to possibly infinite reach for the sole purpose of striking her foe. She decided to pick up this magic in her human form, noting she wanted a bit of variety and chains have interesting uses.
- Chain Pain (チエーン ペーン Chein Pein): Summoning long whips of chains, Scylla uses them as physical weapons, grouping them into loops and then bringing them down on the opponent; as she pumps the chains full of magical energy, producing a rocket propulsion effect that shoots them towards the foe as they rapidly slice into the foe and wrap themselves around them. This causes the foe to be stuck, bound by the chains, while Scylla can attack them in any way that she wishes while beating them into submission with her chains.
- Diamond Dragon's Executie Chains (金剛石竜のエックセクチ連鎖 Kongōryū no Ekkusekuti Rensa): A form of Chain Magic that Scylla combines with her own Dragon Slayer magic, creating chains out of pure diamond. These chains have all the durability of her own diamonds, and like all chains under the influence of chain magic, can be used to attack, defend, etc. She keeps these chains in reserve, preferring to work with regular magic chains unless she finds an opponent who breaks them, bringing out the Executie Variation as last resort.
- Chain Miracle Bomber (チエーン ミラクル ボムバー Chein Mirakuru Bonbā): Placing her hands flat onto the ground, Scylla induces her chain magic, summoning a large amount of etherial chains from the ground which create a blockade around her and the opponent. Effectively a "death ring", the chains explode on contact, making a deadly arena where Scylla and her opponent must do battle with the constant threat of exploding chains. Scylla, who finds the sensation of pain as a human to be thrilling, deliberately created this spell with her own masochism in mind.
Compact Regression (コンパクト・リグレッション, Konpakuto Riguresshon) is a form of Caster-type Magic unique to Dragons, according to Scylla. is a form of Caster-type Magic unique to Dragons; after the Dragon-Human War, Vritra was one of the hundreds to learn the magic in order to intermingle with the human society; using this current transformation in order to further its desires. Compact Regression is a spell unique to Dragons. It allows them to save themselves in times of injury by using all their remaining magical power to transform into a humanoid form. This works as a genuine physical transformation, altering their bodies to be somewhat similar to humans, and it heals their body of wounds. Compact Regression is a permanent transformation, which would explain this spell's use as a last resort. Dragons who use Compact Regression also have their power cut quite a bit, to further adjust to their humanoid shape, as a human body cannot fully endure the power of a dragon without breaking down. Despite being a spell unique to Dragons, not every Dragon is aware of the spell, and many who are have too much pride to use it. The form that Vritra has taken after Compact Regression is a very familiar face. Unlike First Generation Dragon Slayers, however, Compacted Dragons can train to unlock a state similar to Dragon Force, referred to as a Dragon Promotion (
- Dragon Promotion: Tough Scylla Promotion (
竜変化・命還・金剛界曼荼羅竜変化, Doragon Promōshon: Tafu Sukyura Promōshon lit. Dragon Metamorphosis: Life Return: Diamond Realm Mandala Dragon Metamorphosis): Dragon Promotion is a Compact Regression spell; instead of being confined and exclusive to a single element, it can be utilized by any Dragon who had used Compact Regression to transform into a human guise. Essentially, Dragon Promotion enables the user to transform back into their draconic form. Dragon Promotion is considered to be a forbidden art amongst dragons; even though many of them wish to return to their roots, the risks involved have caused many to swear off of attempting to do so with this spell. Dragon Promotion works by the user releasing the restraints that Compact Regression forces upon them completely for a few minutes at a time, effectively dispelling it and enabling them to take upon their original form. The release of Compact Regression is only temporary, as spending too much time in their dragon form makes them a relatively easy target in this day and age, but the results are all the same- the moment that the user releases the effects of Compact Regression, they regain all of their former strength, speed, durability, and magical power, at the top of their form once more. When Dragon Promotion is activated, this causes an instant change in form which blatantly ignores the law of conservation of mass, going from a (comparatively) small human into house-sized dragon in seconds (but hey, magic). Of course, with the change in size, the dragon goes from having the Magic Origin of a human, which is relatively small, to the origin expanding tenfold when the user transforms; as when Compact Regression is active, the dragon's power is cut quite a bit to enable their souls to adjust to their humanoid shape; as a human body cannot fully endure the power of a dragon without breaking down. In a way, Dragon Promotion could be considered a power akin to Dragon Force, albeit in reverse more or less, as it returns the dragon back to their original form instead of transforming the slayer into a humanoid dragon. When activating Tough Scylla Promotion; immense amounts of diamond shards surround Scylla as it gathers and converges—shrouding her body as she transforms; releasing a burst of diamond that covers a wide area, perforating anything within the vicinity as the caster's emerges in his new form. Scylla's dragon form has been stated to look like "a massive, glowing forest-looking dragon"; a mix of whimsical and organic looks—overall, she has become a fearsome sight to behold. As her dragon form, her powers are magnificently bolstered to the point that the only thing capable of stopping her cold is ironically another dragon. Being a dragon, Scylla possesses the ability to fly, using its large wings to travel over long distances, maneuver high up in the air and perform aerial assaults on those below it. As a dragon, Scylla has been shown to shrug off even Etherion cannon attacks which were delivered point blank; and even Fire Dragon Slayer Magic attacks have little to no effect upon it. Given its gargantuan size, Scylla is capable of easily reducing a wide area into rubble simply by landing on it after flying high up into the sky, and to engage in a physical confrontation with others.When invoking a variant of Dragon Promotion that compresses all of the released power into a humanoid form, she effectively turns into a humanoid Dragon, gaining reptilian scales and traits, such as further elongated, and sharper, canines and scaly arms, complete with claws. Scylla also gains two sickle-like horns, curved forward as if created for goring, and her hair itself becomes partially dyed red, in addition to bright blue eyes. When in this form, Scylla receives an enormous boost in power—however, such a power comes at a price, in that Scylla, thanks to spending so much time in her new human body, is far from being able to control this state, and can become a ravenous beast when Diamond Dragon Promotion is utilized extensively; for this reason, she chooses to only utilize the form for five minutes at a time.
- Diamond Fang Dragon Destroying Roar (金剛牙龍滅破, Kongōga Ryūmetsuhōkō): Diamond Fang Dragon Destroying Roar is Scylla's most powerful spell, Dragon Slayer's Secret Art or otherwise. When performing the spell; a tornado of diamond shards amasses around Scylla's mouth, which begins to rotate rapidly, creating a shrilling howl. She begins to swallow, compress, and accelerate wind pressure into an fake space-time dislocation which flows into the sky; and by utilizing the unique properties of her diamonds, the massive clump of magical energy takes a solid shape; spreading out, it opens a dimensional rift above her opponent. Several orbs of energy in a pentagram compose the opening for the rift; gathering energy from the atmosphere, the magical energy from the surroundings is compressed before the dimensional rift fully opens; from the rift comes a positively enormous sword of diamond which appears similar to a flame—at a single command, Scylla causes the diamond sword to shoot downward like a meteor descending to earth, flying straight downward to envelop a large area in blinding white light that annihilates anything it touches; smashing her opponents into oblivion through the sheer overwhelming force of the impact.
- Scylla's name comes from Scylla, a famous dragon from Greek mythology; once a nymph, Circe transformed her into a beast. In the case of my Scylla here, it is the reverse.
- Nearly every Dragon Slayer spell used by Scylla was created by User:Perchan. Many thanks and all credit goes to her.