Typhon (タイフォン Taifon) is a member of Dragon Ragnarok , a guild of various generations of Dragon Slayers created by Zelretch Kenos in order to one day conquer Pangaea. He utilizes Gale Dragon Slayer Magic via implanting a lacrima.
Typhon has the appearance of a kid with short blond hair and deep red eyes. He wears a white jacket on top of a blue shirt with a v on the neck and has gold outlines. He wears long haki pants with a belt and creamy colored shoes.
Typhon is an extremely laid back and lazy individual, preferring to sleep, eat or play. Despite that, he tends to socialize with others easily and will often display great intellect in conversation for someone of his stature. While he seems, and usually is, apathetic for anything, he is quite a pervert, with him analyzing the bodies of the female guild members and tending to use his powers to uplift skirts or shred clothing. This perverted side is what made him tag along with Rhea as he was the only one that can tolerate her while no other girl wanted him around them. He has a complex with his stature, with anyone calling him short incurring his wrath and whenever he fights, he tends to mercilessly crush any opposition but despite that, he is careful about collateral damage and always thinks of the task at hand, with him acting as the voice of reason for his teammate.
Magic & Abilities
Immense Magic Power:
- "The Gale Dragon is a natural disaster, a powerful wind that crushes anything and leaves only destruction behind."
Gale Dragon Slayer Magic
Gale Dragon Slayer Magic (暴風の滅竜魔法 Bōfū no Metsuryū Mahō) is a Caster Magic, Ancient Spell, Lost Magic, Ancient Spell and a type of Dragon Slayer Magic and variation of Sky Dragon Slayer Magic that utilizes the element of wind in the form of destructive tornadoes.
Gale Dragon Slayer Magic is a form of Dragon Slayer Magic that allows Typhon to generate, manipulate, and presumably consume (like other forms of Dragon Slayer Magic) the element in question, which in this case is wind. Typhon is able to unleash violent turbulent winds to attack and even bring the surrounding wind to a chaotic state while also being able to control it in various ways. Due to his mastery and overall power, Typhon passively attracts wind around him as a gentle breeze which can use to fly whenever he wants. Finally, he can eat wind via inhaling it, with such action being lethal as those near him can die from asphyxiation and the purer the wind, the greater the boost he gets.
- Gale Dragon's Roar (暴風竜の咆哮 Bōfūryū no Hōkō): Typhon gathers magic power in his mouth and releases a tornado.
- Gale Dragon's Fist (暴風竜の拳 Bōfūryū no Ken): Typhon gathers magic power in his hand and encases it in wind to punch the target.
- Gale Dragon's Wing Attack (暴風竜の翼撃 Bōfūryū no Yokugeki): Typhon gathers magic power in his arms and encases them in turbulent winds in order to pummel targets and send them back flying.
- Gale Dragon's Eurus (暴風竜のユーラス Bōfūryū no Yūrasu): Typhon gathers magic power in his hand and by pointing at a spot, he spawns a tornado that damages and sends flying up those hit and exists for seconds.
- Gale Dragon's Zephyrus (暴風竜のゼフィルス Bōfūryū no Zefirusu): Typhon gathers magic power in his hand and extends it, firing small orbs wind that are hard on impact and do explosions of wind.
- Gale Dragon's Notus (暴風竜のノトス Bōfūryū no Notosu): Typhon gathers magic power in his hand or hands and clads them in turbulent winds and strikes a target with his fingertips. By doing a slashing motion, he can release several arcs of wind with potent slicing power.
- Gale Dragon's Boreas (暴風竜のボレアス Bōfūryū no Boreasu): Typhon gathers magic power in his hands and creates a hammer of wind that releases repelling gusts with every hit. He himself claims that the hammer inflicts immense pressure due to the compressive state of the wind and true to that, it creates deep holes on the point of impact.
- Gale Dragon's Aeolus (暴風竜のアイオロス Bōfūryū no Aiorosu): Typhon gathers great amounts of magic power around his body and attracts the surrounding wind, covering himself in a turbulent wind barrier. Anything that comes in contact with the barrier is shredded by the pressure of the swirling wind, making it a defense with offensive capabilities.While it takes quite a lot of magic power to be used, it doesn't need maintenance as the barrier is maintained by the wind Typhon naturally attracts around him.
- Gale Dragon's Song of Moon and Wind (暴風竜の吟風弄月 Bōfūryū no Ginpū Rōgetsu): The advanced version of the basic roar spell where Typhon gathers great amounts of magic power in his mouth and unleashes a destructive, pressurized gust of wind that can leave a huge hole at the point of impact while its blast radius is quite huge.
- Gale Dragon's Rudra (暴風竜のルドラ Bōfūryū no Rudora): The advanced version of the basic fist spell where Typhon gathers great amounts of magic power in his hand and creates a huge wind fist that not only inflicts immense physical pressure, but also releases an immense gust of wind upon impact that sends others flying back.
Secret Dragon Slayer Arts
- Storm Outbreak: Shenlong's Dance (嵐発生 :シェンロンの舞 Arashi Hassei: Shenron no Mai): Typhon gathers huge amounts of magic power in his spread arms and does a counter-clockwise motion, releasing a chinese dragon shaped hurricane that devours one or multiple targets, inflicting immense pressure and shredding them.
Trivia & Notes
- Typhon (/ˈtaɪfɒn, -fən/; Greek: Τυφῶν, [typʰɔ̂ːn]), also Typhoeus (/taɪˈfiːəs/; Τυφωεύς), Typhaon (Τυφάων) or Typhos (Τυφώς), was a monstrous serpentine giant and one of the deadliest creatures in Greek mythology. According to Hesiod, Typhon was the son of Gaia and Tartarus. However, one source has Typhon as the son of Hera alone, while another makes Typhon the offspring of Cronus. Typhon and his mate Echidna were the progenitors of many famous monsters. According to Hesiod, the defeated Typhon is the father of destructive storm winds.
- Typhon's appearance is based on Kid Gilgamesh from Fate series.