Renee is an odd girl with a enigmatic and ephemeral air about her, described as by those around her, especially those of the opposite sex. This is especially shown in the way she presents herself, going from her oddly color-coordinated clothing to her two-toned hair. The color theme of her entirety consists of black, white, and icy-blue. This usually signifies her in general, but not enough for people to fully understand her. Part of her title as "Ice Queen" (氷女王, Kōri Joō) derives from this specific trait. Despite her upbringing and the magic that she uses in battle, she is described as a maiden with a fair skin tone, being peachy-white in coloration. Her waist-length hair, as stated before, is two-toned, black on the left half and white on the right half. She has icy-blue eyes, which many note that has a certain amount of intensity to them, enough to mesmerize yet frighten anyone who dare looks into them or is the target of its gaze. She's known to be a B-Cup. However, her exact measurements are currently unknown.
Renee's attire is like her, simple in some aspects while complex in others. Sticking to the color theme of black, white, and icy-blue, she wears a black, long-sleeved fully-body suit. Oddly enough, the left sleeve is white, with a black sleeve with a white borderline edge near the elbow, possibly from another piece of clothing, put on top of it. On her right side, there's a white cuff with a black edge hanging from the elbow, origins of it being unknown. On top of said body suit is where most of her fashion sense shows. She wears a unique dress, fashioned similar to a cheongsam of Eastern tradition, that's connected by the neck, which has three diamond-shaped patterns, and waist, segmented near the bust area, having a bow-tie knot on the left pectoral side. Many people say that the outfit looks like a collage of mismatched pieces of various clothing, fashioned together in a strange manner. Whether she did this on purpose or it being a design-flaw is up for debate, but many go with the former in most cases. It should be noted that there's a white piece of cloth flowing in a circular manner near the bottom, possibly another piece that's holding the outfit together. On the outside, it's mainly black with various icy-blue borderline designs. When turned inside-out, the opposite is true. It can be seen that it's double-layered, as there's additional pieces of the same clothing underneath, yet formed in a different way than the original. Finally, her footwear is based off of those found in the Lolita fashion culture, having straps that go up to her ankles, containing two blue gems embedded into each side, one on the top strap and the other on the bottom. She has an additional blue strap on the shoe itself and the sole is platform-high. In short, her attire in general is mainly mismatched, but it oddly meshes well with her personality and outer beauty, making her stand out as an individual.
When she was younger, Renee's attire was known to be provocative in nature. It's unknown why, but many people theorized that she wanted to be the center of attention at an early age, but earned her the ire of others, in most cases females, being called an "attention whore" because of it. Others guessed that it might be that she didn't really care how she looked for particular reasons unknown. Then, there are those who say that it might reflect her outer beauty that she retained since a young age and can also give insight on her true personality. The theories are endless, with only Renee knowing the truth behind it all. A lesser version of her current attire, being skimpy in nature, it consists of a black sleeveless full-body suit, consisting of icy-blue borderlines found along the edges, tied together with small ribbons near the waist. It's known that a jewel-like ornament is seen near the upper-center. It's known to be very valuable in the magical world, many paying high prices for it. An additional cloth-like material flows out the back. She wears knee-high stockings and stiletto-heeled shoes with many blue pearls embedded into each side, arrange in a gorgeous design. She also wears a blue jewel-encrusted hair ornament on the right side of her hair. It's unknown where it got it from, but like her other piece of jewelry, it's also highly-sought after by others willing to pay a pretty penny for it. She wears a cloth-like boa around her arms that flows outward. Overall, her appearance can compared to a beautiful ice spirit found in legends, many stating that she's from a different species altogether.
Personality and Traits
Powers and Abilities
Ways of Combat
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: Renee's swordfighting style is known as Shimatsuken (始末剣, Settlement Sword); and she mainly attacks by utilizing her weapon. Renee is extremely skilled with a blade; she is able to produce beams of energy by swinging her blade, can effortlessly cut through solid metal and concrete, and can swing the sword faster than the eye can see, striking opponents multiple times in only a few seconds, attacking with a fast one-handed style with her blade. The stance that she takes within battle is a partial crouch, both knees bent, left arm drawn back and right extended forward; she grasps the hilt of her sword with her left hand and rests the tips of the fingers of her right hand (usually the thumb) on the blade near its tip. Her attacks and techniques range from stylish and flashy to brutal and powerful; possessing a good variety. Renee also demonstrates enough skill in wielding her blade to perform incredibly gentle and subtle movements that would normally be impossible for such an immense blade, like deflecting the course of bullets that were aimed at her with only a slight touch. Yet as well as having the ability to use it to slice up houses or giant masses of ice just by swinging her blade, making a powerful, long-range slice, she is also graceful with the blade enough to knock bullets and change their course with little effort and at great speed. She is also able to cut through steel with ease and rapidity. This is usually done in combination with specific armors of hers, which can make her deadlier in close melee combat or, when combined with her Telekinesis, allow her to target opponents which are out of her physical range. Most of the time, Mayu uses Iaidō (居合道, Way of Iai), a sword style where the user quick draws the blade extremely fast to strike, then re-sheathing it after every attack. Renee's speed is so fast that she prevents opponents from reciting magical incantations making it highly effective against regular mages, however, if one has no need for incantations, then they could hamper Renee's advantage. Renee is able to strike so fast that the opponent does not realize they have been cut until she sheathes her weapon.
Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Renee fights primarily with kicks, focusing on a form of kickboxing, a style she has derived from her special combat training, and is rarely seen using her arms or fists when fighting, very much like Tsuruko. When in battle, she primarily fights her opponents by using a large number of skillful and specialized kicks to strike blows. Using her agility in line with her training, Renee can perform moves such as high kicks, side kicks, spinning kicks etc. striking her opponents with deadly precision and efficiency, and can even send her whole body spinning through the air with her feet first, turning herself into an all-piercing spear. Her fighting style frees the use of her hands and prevents her from being damaged during a battle, something that is disastrous to her. As a result; Renee tends to drop into certain stances in which her upper-body portions are most relaxed, such as placing her hands inside their pockets or crossing her arms together across her chest, and only puts them into action whenever the event requires her to do certain maneuvers such as handstands, which aren't prohibited. Renee boasts a wide and impressive array of kicks, coupled with super acrobatic skills, her fighting style allows Renee to effectively weave continuous and powerful attacks upon adversaries She can even deflect and parry magical blasts with her kicks, at both close range and long range. Renee can also complement her fighting style with her flight abilities, allowing her to take her fighting techniques to airborne opponents and allowing her to launch aerial kicks and strikes at her opponents. Renee's strength originates from her magic and relies heavily on their execution. By using her magic in conjuring with her moves, Renee can create unique and dynamic attacks that deal destructive damage on her targets, making her a fierce force to be reckoned with in combat.
Immense Magical Power: Even the Ten Wizard Saints have stated that the magical power of Renee is more than a force to be reckoned with; a fact that a multitude of them prove without a doubt. While Renee normally keeps their magical power under control, when sufficiently angered, she can release it to its full extent; the presence it exudes is at completely at-odds with her general personality and appearance, yet it's fairly fitting due to her magic- Renee's power has the same effect as her magic, as it is an elemental representative of ice; when her power is at it's peak, it transforms into the frightening visage of a dragon which surrounds Renee, striking fear into the hearts of her foes. This causes her magical energy to be extremely cold; and it is common that the Serpent Tail Guild has to turn the numerous heaters on when she enters the building or is stressed. This magical energy also causes some people to freeze. Her skill and control at using manipulating her magical energy aura allows her to perform a variety of abilities. Additionally, the sheer aura radiating from her person has the additional effect of affecting entire areas to the point of disrupting spells from enemies, as well as affecting others from seemingly miles away. It is so great it can be felt from a great distance and it has the tendency to make people perspire in fear; and people in the immediate vicinity can be brought to their knees by its power, even potential S-Class Mages, and its force can be felt at great distances. Magic originates from a Magic Origin (魔原, Magen), which is exactly what the wording indicates—it is a special organ that is located within the body of a magician, that absorbs eternano and bunches it up into clusters, which is processed into magical power. Every magician has a container inside their body that determines the limits of their Magic Power; this is precisely what a Magic Origin is. If the case becomes empty, eternano will come from the atmosphere and enters the magician's body and after a while, their Magic Power is restored.
Fire Magic (火の魔法, Hi no Mahō) is a Caster Type Magic which is utilized by various mages. It utilizes the element of fire. Fire Magic allows the user to control and manipulate the kinetic energy of magical particles to generate, control or absorb fire, being able to manipulate it for general purposes. This is induced by the user raising the motion of a target's magical particles through telekinesis in order to ignite it. They can excite or speed up an object's magical particles, increasing their thermal energy until they ignite, not necessarily objects, but also air particles. They can control and move the flames, including the shape, heat and even colour. With this in mind, the user is able to create fire-based attacks which can be used both in melee and as a ranged form of offence and is immune to being burnt. The generated flames can be manipulated in a wide variety of ways, their "type" can be changed at will, and they can even be given a material consistency by manipulating the magical particles in the air. The user can form fire into long streams, spheres, or even more complex shapes like letters in skywriting. These flames-objects will only remain their shapes as long as the user concentrates upon them. The objects will only burn about 3 minutes before expiring unless the user continues to infuse them with energy. The temperature of these fiery projections is generally around 2,800 F, near the melting point of iron. Fire Magic seems to be unaffected by water, as the user is able to create flames even when submerged in water. In short, the user of this Magic can release fire from their body and manipulate it. User can also change the properties (such as heat, smell, and taste) of his/her flames for different effects, which corresponds with a different flame color and generates them by first summoning a Magic circle with his/her hands, from which the flames soar outwards. Renee does not use Fire Magic much, if at all; but she instead learnt the magic in order to harness the extremely powerful Combination Spell known as Frostfackel.
Ice-Make (氷の造形魔法 (アイス・メイク), Aisu Meiku lit. Ice Molding Magic): Ice-Make is a Caster Magic and Molding Magic involving the creation of objects using ice. While underrated among the variety of obscure magic such as Dragon Slayer Magic, God Slayer Magic and similar Lost Magic, it can be considered one of the most versatile forms of magic in existence. As the opening paragraph had stated, Ice-Make is one of the Molding Magics; which enables the user to create and manipulate ice. In order to harness Ice-Make, the user places their right arm down next to their abdomen, with an open palm, then places their closed right fist on the face of their palm- this dynamic pose enables the user to harness their mastery over their magical power in order to initiate a rapid freezing effect within a close vicinity to the user, essentially reducing the kinetic energy of atoms, enhancing this effect by having their magical energy absorb the heat of the atmosphere, thus setting up a perfect stage for the user to manipulate the shape of the ice that the stray eternano within the atmosphere is transformed into in any way that they wish offensively or defensively, enabling them to create ice at their will and to shape it into a variety of objects, whether living or not. This process begins with calling out the magic's name, followed by the spell.
Unlike uninventive users of plain (c)old Ice Magic, the ice produced by Ice-Make can be formed into any object of the user's choosing: the only limitations are their own imagination, and the ambient air temperature which determines how long their formed spell will stay functional- though the latter can be nullified slightly through liberal application of magical power manipulation. In extremely advanced cases, the user does not have to hold the ice physically with their hands in order to shape it; indeed, a skilled user is capable of creating countless amounts of objects for a multitude of uses. Outside of combat, the user is capable of altering their surroundings using ice, such as covering the ground with ice. The ice also can be used as wound dressing, stanching bleeding and preventing the swell of an injury. Of course, this magic has some strategic element to it in regards to espionage and the like, as the user is capable of creating exact replications of keys or scanners in order to access previously unavailable areas. As long as the user is imaginative, they are capable of producing virtually anything that they wish, giving them a capacity to create that is virtually unmatched.
There are currently two known types of Ice-Make Magic. The first one is called Static Ice-Make Magic. This type of Ice-Make is characterized by the creation of inanimate objects, such as weapons, or by affecting the environment around them. The second type is called Dynamic Ice-Make Magic. This type of Ice-Make focuses on creating animate ice sculptures, usually in the form of animals; though human body parts and the like can also be formed. Dynamic Ice-Make is said to be more quickly cast than Static Ice-Make. While both styles of Ice-Make have their own pros and cons, there is no clear "superior", leaving the matter of which style is "stronger" up to the individual user.
Unlike other Ice-Make Magicians, Renee is capable of taking moisture from any source, including the air, and harden and solidify it into ice. She can then manipulate the ice as she pleases, from objects to forms of attack and defense. From this simple execution, Renee can use Ice-Make Magic for a variety of different effects, and due to her age and accumulated knowledge, may be one of the strongest ice-based magicians in the world. She can simply direct the waves of coldness she projects in certain ways so as to create ice in the shape she desires. Renee is capable of creating countless amounts of objects for a multitude of uses. Over time, Renee's skill with Ice-Make Magic improved so that she has the ability to freeze nearly anything as solid ice — such as flames, or energy, even things that would normally be incapable of being frozen. While she normally utilizes the Freeze spell to, well, freeze eternano, she can also employ a vastly superior version referred to as Subjugation of the Heavens in order to mass-freeze eternano as to generate countless ice structures in an instant.
Static Ice-Make Spells
Static Ice-Make (具鍛・氷の造形魔法 (スタティック・アイス・メイク), Sutateikku Aisu Meiku lit. Tool-Forging Ice Molding Magic): Renee has shown to be extremely proficient in utilizing the Static iteration of Ice-Make; in fact, it is more often than not her main usage of the magic, as weapons are relatively easier to manifest and keep in-action for long periods of time in contrast to the summoning constructs of the Dynamic version of the magic. Renee has shown incredible speed in manifesting them and acute control over her icy weaponry, matching another Dynamic Ice-Make magician and even out-speeding them in casting time- in the blink of an eye, Renee can forge cold weapons and tools by the dozen, with each construct being capable of matching a real steel weapon blow-for-blow without shattering, enabling her to overwhelm almost any adversary- Renee's Static Ice-Make can be utilized to form almost any weaponry at all; she is capable of conjuring anything from nothing. Close combat weapons such as swords and spears can be created effortlessly, though due to the intricate workings of existences such as guns, they are slightly more difficult; shields and staves can be reproduced with a much greater struggle, as the cost in magical energy is high, two or three times greater than a bladed weapon.
Dynamic Ice-Make Spells
Dynamic Ice-Make (実降・氷の造形魔法 (ダイナミック・アイス・メイク), Dainamikku Aisu Meiku lit. Entity-Summoning Ice Molding Magic): Dynamic Ice-Make is the second form of Ice-Make Magic; it involves the user creating familiars forged from ice. These familiars are formed when the user focuses more magical energy into the formation of their Ice-Make magic seal while envisioning a proper 'guardian', at which point, the user can manifest them from their magic seal- these icy beings take upon a white-blue colouration and emit a soft glow. While Dynamic Ice-Make focuses on icy animals, human body parts and the like can also be formed; skilled users can manifest full humanoid beings. Dynamic Ice-Make is said to be more quickly cast than Static Ice-Make; though they generally cost more magical power to maintain due to Dynamic Ice-Make summoning beings which more often than not requiring the user to direct and command them. With Dynamic Ice-Make and a good memory, the user has the ability to summon avatars of the foes that they've defeated, the stronger they are the better.
Ice-Make Unlimited Spells
Ice Devil Slayer Magic
Ice Devil Slayer Magic (氷の滅悪魔法, Kōri no Metsuaku Mahō) is a Caster Magic, Lost Magic, and lastly, a Slayer Magic of the Devil Slayer Magic Kind that grants the user absolute dominance over the element of ice, capable of manipulating it in any way that they wish. The Ice Devil Slayer Magic is activated by reducing the kinetic energy of their magical energy and reducing temperature to absolute zero, freezing it over, becoming ice; in addition, in order to assist, the user is capable of freezing molecules of moisture that hang in the air or by absorbing heat from the atmosphere; lastly, a master is capable of manipulating the water in the atmosphere and then halt the movements of the molecules that compose it while hardening it, turning it into ice in a matter of moments. In any case, the Ice Devil Slayer Magic enables the user to create and absorb the element of ice; capable of manifesting it in many forms beyond the norm; as it allows them to produce and control ice from any part of their body, which can be used in melee by the user saturating their body with ice-element magical energy, allowing them to transform their body into a makeshift weapon in order to enhance their hand-to-hand combat abilities; this is a unique feature of the Slayer Line. A testament to the strength of the ice created by this Magic is that Natsu, a Fire Dragon Slayer, was incapable of melting the ice and was later instantaneously frozen solid.
The generated ice can be manipulated in a wide variety of ways, their "type" can be changed at will, and they can even be given a material consistency. The ice produced by the Ice Devil Slayer Magic is far colder than a standard one, with even the user’s body temperature being capable of freezing magma. Primarily, the Ice Devil Slayer Magic is used to freeze others in place or to create a sheen of ice over an intended target. The user can also use the Ice Devil Slayer Magic to summon gusts of super-cold air, with which they can use to hurl frozen objects (usually ice daggers) at specified targets. The user is also able to generate ice once even a single drop of water has been made contact with, or it has been touched by a single drop of water. The user is capable of harnessing the Ice Devil Slayer Magic to disable and immobilize enemies, freezing their bodies solid just by touching them, and threatening to shatter their fragile forms, and the ice can be formed into any object of their choosing: the only limitations are the user's own imagination, and the ambient air temperature which determines how long their ice sculpture will stay icy. The user does not have to hold the ice physically with their hands in order to shape it, as they can simply direct the waves of coldness they project in certain ways so as to create ice in the shape that they desire.
Thanks to this element, the user gains a certain constantly-activated supplementary power; the power to give the user extreme resistance to cold, however, unlike regular Ice Magic, the user is resistant to absolute zero. Just like any other elemental power, the Ice Devil Slayer Magic possesses a body transformation spell; as the user is capable of breaking themselves into their particular element to avoid damage from most physical attacks. Interestingly, the user is capable of making numerous hand gestures while harnessing the power of the Ice Devil Slayer Magic, to make it appear as if they can project ice directly from their fingertips. This is not necessary however, and is done mostly for theatrical effect. In addition, the user can consume external sources of ice to restore their body to a healthy state and regain their reserves of strength, something that also makes them immune to most types of ice, due to their capability of nullifying ice-based attacks by sucking them in and eating them; the consumed ice also seems to possess a different "taste" according to its "quality"; the Ice Devil Slayer Magic is capable of easily devouring the ice of Ice Dragon Slayer Magic and Ice God Slayer Magic, being the strongest of the three.
|Alias||Crab Symbiote (クラブ・シムビウーツ, Kurabu Simubiūtu)|
|Base of Operations||None|
|Powers and Abilities|
Arms Weapon: Belial Blasters
Arms Weapon: Scarlet Orbs
|Soul Armour Name||Soul Armour Knight Abyssion (神鎧纏最高戦士 (ソウル・アーマー・ナイト) ・黒朱悪鬼 (アビシオン), Sōru Āmā Naito Abishion lit. God Armour Clad Supreme Warrior Black and Scarlet Evil Spirit)|
|Crab Hellion | Soul Armour Knight Abyssion|
Cancer (キャンサー, Kyansā) is the nickname of the Crab Symbiote (クラブ・シムビウーツ, Kurabu Simubiūtu), a Hellion who is a member of the Zodiac Knights. While his past and motivations are relatively unknown, he does seem to completely out of his league when compared to his enemies. If something goes wrong for the villains, it happens to him.
After Gemini dies, Cancer obtains her Driver Belt, the Hellion Driver, and uses it to transform into the phenomenally powerful and mysterious Soul Armour Knight Abyssion (神鎧纏最高戦士 (ソウル・アーマー・ナイト) ・黒朱悪鬼 (アビシオン), Sōru Āmā Naito Abishion lit. God Armour Clad Supreme Warrior Black and Scarlet Evil Spirit).
Not much is known about Cancer's human appearance, as he constantly stays in his Hellion form. However, his Hellion form is that of a demonic-looking crab, with a dark red, spiky outer shell and a purple mouthpiece. He also possesses a gigantic pincer claw on his left hand.
Personality and Traits
Personality-wise, Cancer is known to be rather laid-back as well as casual and prefers to laze around his personal lair which totally isn't a garbage dump instead of converting more humans into Hellions by pushing them into despair. Known to be rather cowardly, as he tends to make a run for it if a fight starts going south, Cancer is more often than not the butt of jokes due to his easily squished confidence and his terrible battle record- however, his cowardice stems more from knowing that after a certain point, he was hopelessly outclassed by everyone else and stopped attempting to put up a fight when it could seriously kill him- though he frequently states that he finds many of the Zodiac Knights' enemies, especially Kirika Hotsuin quite frightening. He's also quite scared of dark places and high altitudes.
After Gemini dies and all that remains of her is her belt, Cancer achieves the impossible- he has become a creature born from despair, driven to despair himself.
Powers and Abilities
Ways of Combat
General Combat Prowess: Even though he became a supposedly extremely powerful Hellion, Cancer was never especially talented, but he could at least hang for a bit during his first fights- this is best seen where he fought on par with Deen Lhant after the latter had first synched with the Zero Soul Armour. However, during the second part of S1, where alternate and upgraded forms for the Soul Armours kept being revealed, characters learned how to use their powers more efficiently, Cancer became an even bigger joke- compare Deen completely blitzing Cancer and a group of twenty lesser Hellions with Zero during the Silver Flash arc to their first fight, where the two were evenly matched. In fact, Cancer is one of only two characters –the other being Marisa Sejren- to go the entire Daybreak series without an upgrade before his temporary possession of Abyssion- and unlike Marisa, his lack of power-boosts shows. However, it should be taken into consideration that Cancer is actually quite durable due to his tougher-than-Orichalcum exoskeleton- while he sucks at everything else, he's damn good at taking obscene amounts of punishment. It can be theorized that Cancer's exoskeleton is even tougher than the materials that compose Tsuruko's Deus Machina frame, considering that while he rarely gets any notable hits in on his enemies, he can still tank quite a lot of blows, whereas the same characters who fight Cancer can actually land serious damage on Tsuruko.
Armourize (進化態 (アーマーライズ), Āmāraisu lit. Evolution State): Every Hellion can interchange between their original human form and a unique armoured form known as Armourization. Armourization is also known as Hellion's evolved form as it is the form that they take upon becoming stronger after being stuck in their corrupted human form. The unofficial term that the Magic Council gave the form is the Battle State (戦闘態, Sentōtai); as it only seems to be utilized in combat. The Armourized form is radically different from a human body in many ways, while usually at least semi-humanoid, varying drastically between each Hellion, with characteristics of either a plant or an animal, or even a concept. Armourization also supplies the Hellion with body armour which is either flexible or rigid, or varying between the two that is resistant to all supernatural powers except the Zero Effect and its strength varies wildly among Hellions as good measure of one's power. While Armourized, some of their kind can assume a Hybrid Form, becoming more creature-like in appearance; granting them further characteristics. Many Hellions in Armourized form have a forward-leaning posture, with naturally bowed legs and noticeably elongated arms. They have no visible genitals or other gender characteristics, nor, it seems, excretory organs. The Armourized form is entirely geared towards combat, with no regard for other activities. Some Hellions in their evolved state are equipped with powers beyond strength, claws and fangs: venom, acid, nitrogen or even laser weapons emitted from their bodies. Something interesting to note is that a Hellion's evolved state is functionally identical to a Soul Armour at the biological level, meaning that they share similar powers, such as manifesting a personal weapon, a special ability, and of course, one more evolution.
Cancer's Armourized form is known as Crab Symbiote (クラブ・シムビウーツ, Kurabu Simubiūtu); and as such, he has all of its abilities. As per his position of one of the thirteen pillars of the Zodiac Knights, because of his (supposed) incredible power and his form, this has what granted him the nickname of Cancer (キャンサー, Kyansā), a name he is constantly referred to as. While Cancer's combat record may be extremely spotty as he's constantly against people who are usually leagues stronger and a lot more competent than him, it should be taken into consideration that his ability to Armourize is easily the finest of the Zodiac Knights, as Cancer has never actually deactivated his Hellion form and permanently stays within it at all times- not even his boss, Joker, can achieve such a feat. Cancer's natural Hellion form is that of a demonic-looking crab, with a dark red, spiky outer shell and a purple mouthpiece. Cancer's left hand is covered with a powerful clawed gauntlet called the Pinchy Piercer (ピンチ・ピアサー, Pinchi Piasā) shaped like an oversized crab pincer claw on an actual crab. It is exceptionally sharp, cleaving through any sort of material that one could think of short of Soul Metal, as well as concepts such as slicing through water, lightning, and the environment far in front of him in one swing, releasing powerful shockwaves with every movement.
However, due his incompetence in regards to combat, Cancer usually just swings it around wildly and ineffectively, and it has a weakness that it shares with real-like crustaceans: if it gets tangled, he can't use it, and thus, can be left open for attacks. The Crab Symbiote's skin is protected from all angles by a hard spiked shell; over ten millimeters thick, the shell seems to be made of a material that is unknown to mankind, and while it can be considered simply the skin of a Hellion, it is in reality, much tougher. The shell is known to be capable of withstanding all sorts of supernaturally powered attacks- it has been said that if Cancer uses his Shell Withdraw technique, which is effectively him retracting all of his limbs into his shell, he can shrug off a direct hit from the Magic Council's continent-busting satellite, Etherion. It can be said that the thickness of his exoskeleton is a necessity, as Cancer is ponderously slow and incredibly clumsy, finding it rather difficult to evade any form of attacks. Additionally, because of this shell, Cancer is immune to diseases, poisons, and gases that can paralyze or kill humans and animals, as well as that of supernatural beings. However, as per any crab, the shell can be quickly burnt through via prolonged exposure to fire- and of course, like every other Hellion, the shell's durability is rendered null and void if it comes into contact with any form of Soul Metal; this is best displayed both Zero's Soul Blade and Super Galaxy King's High-Frequency Blade were shown to slice through his armour as if it was nothing.
Soul Armours (神鎧 (ソウル・アーマー), Sōru Āmā lit. God Armour) are specialized armours worn by various powerful warriors known as Soul Armour Knights (神鎧纏最高戦士 (ソウル・アーマー・ナイト), Sōru Āmā Naito lit. God Armour Clad Supreme Warrior); they are human or humanoid warriors who transforms from a natural human form using a Driver Belt into a superhuman form clad in the armour. The Knights secretly patrol their respective territories to protect civilians from demons. Armed with special magical equipment, the knights carry an eternal war to maintain the light over the darkness in the realm. When transforming into him Soul Armour form, Abyssion gathers his willpower within his hand, swishing it across the belt which releases an enormous amount of darkness, manifesting Cancer's Armourize form, which breaks apart to manifest his Soul Armour, allowing Cancer to become Soul Armour Knight Abyssion (神鎧纏最高戦士 (ソウル・アーマー・ナイト) ・黒朱悪鬼 (アビシオン), Sōru Āmā Naito Abishion lit. God Armour Clad Supreme Warrior Black and Scarlet Evil Spirit).
Initial | Evolution
- ""Drive on!"
(ドライブ・オン！, Doraibu On!)
私たちのために！, Watashi-tachi no tame ni!)"
- — Cancer's activation phrase and the Hellion Driver's transformation announcement for the Abyssion Soul Armour.
Soul Armour Knight Abyssion (神鎧纏最高戦士 (ソウル・アーマー・ナイト) ・黒朱悪鬼 (アビシオン), Sōru Āmā Naito Abishion lit. God Armour Clad Supreme Warrior Black and Scarlet Evil Spirit) is the form that Adam Altland, also known as the Cancer Hellion, can transform into when revving the Hellion Driver. Originally, the Hellion Driver was Carmine Crimson/Gemini Hellion's Driver Belt, allowing her to transform into Soul Armour Knight Pierrot, until she was killed by Kirika Hotsuin. However, Gemini's Driver Belt fell near Cancer, which he then took as his own. The Symbiote Driver Belts have a unique function that allows them to take upon different forms according to the wielder, resulting in Abyssion's different appearance than Pierrot. The Abyssion Soul Armour takes upon the form of a rather large armour- indeed, it can be said that this Soul Armour is a little less than thrice the size of normal Soul Armours- as a height comparison, during their first encounter after Cancer gained the Soul Armour, Abyssion towered over Tsuruko/Gaiki- even the Arms Weapon was bigger than Gaiki; due to its immense size, it can be considered more a giant robot than an armour, and Abyssion can defeat an enemy by simply stepping upon it. The Soul Armour referred to as Abyssion usually hides its main body behind its ragged red cloak that reaches down to its boots called the Disaster Mantle (ディザスター・マント, Dizuasutā Manto); which, like Soul Armour Knight Zero's Mantles, possesses special properties which enable the Soul Armour to teleport; the crimson cloak is held by the armour's two black wings on each side which are folded downwards to cover the body to provide additional protection. The helmet of Abyssion possesses a dome-esque shape; while it is predominantly black, on both sides of the helmet are multiple barcode-esque magenta markings, separating the rest of the raven helm. In the middle of the front of the helmet is a green gem with two golden fins extending sideward beneath this, causing it to resemble a 'V'. The Atmospheric Conductor faceplate is a lighter black, almost deep purple, with two vents and a red spike on the chin- the Various Visor optics are emerald.When Cancer disengages the Disaster Mantle, which results in the wings becoming positioned at the back, Abyssion's true form is revealed; the shoulders are slightly spiked and are two-toned in light purple and black with magenta barcode markings like what is on the helmet on the ends- the lilac panels can slide open to reveal gun-barrels which can launch blasts of energy at Cancer's opponents- these markings are known as Vector-Con Units (
A vast departure from the normal Soul Armour designs, which are sleek and well-rounded, Abyssion is a Soul Armour that disregards the concept of high speed and mobility, which had been the key factor to as to why Soul Armours are so deadly, and focuses completely on the Soul Armour's offensive and defensive capabilities. To accomplish its goal of mass destruction as decided by Cancer's decision to eliminate existence, the Soul Armour is equipped with several deadly weapons and abilities that allows it to singlehandedly destroy a big city like Four or take out a large number of enemies, including an army. Despite its immense size, like all Soul Armours, the wielder and armour are perfectly synchronized, with Cancer controlling the armour with his thoughts alone. Normally, even with the numerous thrusters installed within the frame, it would have a top speed slower than other Soul Armours, leading to many assuming that it's as slow as molasses, but Cancer takes advantage of this preconception as all the special features and enhancements of Abyssion are often used as a trump cards in combat. Opponents often presume Abyssion can't attack from certain angles, move as fast because of its mass, and overall physical slow reaction time; these people show a massive lack of understanding of Abyssion's full capabilities; thanks Cancer's Shadowmeld Knight Power which allows him to make impossible movements in the blink of an eye, this hulking brute is still very agile and capable of delicate movements. Whereas most Soul Armours only have a single Arms Weapon and whatever the user wields normally, Abyssion backs up its twin revolvers with two forearm-mounted pile bunkers, two pulse cannons in its shoulders, two large hands that serve as shields which can also bite an opponent while launching the fingers as drones, and finally, feet which can fold into drills and launch drill kick attacks, while the fists can rotate at a high speed for screw punch attacks which can penetrate almost any substance imaginable. The incredible precision and reaction time displayed by Cancer allow him to wield them all to devastating effect, causing the Soul Armour to give off the feeling of being a walking artillery platform or weapon of mass destruction.
Due to Abyssion's extremely durable armour that can't be dented by anti-aircraft attacks and renders sharp, bladed weapons useless, donning the armour can render the user invulnerable to external physical attacks while also using one of its two Knight Powers to boost the user's strength and size relative to the amount of damage absorbed. The design of Abyssion's armour was meant to allow efficient fighting spirit dispersal for both offensive and defensive measures; it is thick enough that it can withstand direct Arms Weapon hits, as the Kinos-Go's rifle shots had almost no effect upon Abyssion. Abyssion is the largest Soul Armour, and it shows by having the most monstrous punching and kicking power. Consequentially, it also has the worst jumping height out of all the Soul Armour Knights, and any Soul Armour Knight can practically outrun it- that is, without Shadowmeld activated. In addition, the purple portions of the armour helps boost Ardor Field strength when encountering heavy weapons fire and melee engagements. In terms of battle capabilities, after the death of Gemini, the only person who he considered a friend and the only one in the Zodiac Knights who didn't look down on him or mock him (much), and the loss of his already tenuous grip on reality, Cancer taking up her Hellion Driver and gaining his own Soul Armour in a similar way to how Sion obtained Agito is a massive improvement. Originally, while Cancer was always quite clumsy and relied on his immense durability to make up for how inept he was, after awakening Abyssion, a powerful Soul Armour to use which is twice as big as normal Soul Armours and wielding two Arms Weapons, Cancer receives an enormous boost in power, going from one of the least serious antagonists and a total joke in combat to a stark-raving mad berserker with a vicious fighting style which allows him to throw his large size around easily- indeed, once he obtained this Soul Armour, he become strong enough to fight Deen/Zero and Kirika/Airgetlam at the same time.
- Arms Weapon: Belial Blasters (ベリアル・ブラスター, Beriaru Burasutā): The Belial Blasters are the name of Abyssion's own Arms Weapon. Like all Arms Weapons, it can be summoned by Cancer revving the Hellion Driver, causing it to manifest within his hands. The Belial Blaster takes the form of a pair of revolver-esque handguns. They are designed to rapidly fire bullets instilled with Cancer's fighting spirit. Both weapons resemble an extremely large Desert Eagle with a six-chambered hexagonal cylinder. It has an overall bulky, brick-like shape and possesses characteristics of both a revolver and a semi-automatic pistol, with both a cylinder and a slide. It also has two triggers and an external hammer, and each pistol has stylized grips twisting into sharp points. There are targeting sights, and porting on each barrel to reduce recoil and muzzle flip; and an obvious extra barrel underneath allowing for a double shot. The cylinder has also been modified to release on the right to reload rather than the usual left. Each gun is ten centimeters long; weighing two thousand grams- blades of energy can be generated from the barrels, allowing Cancer to use the weapons as handheld sabers. A strike from the Belial Blasters as a close-combat weapon in Fury Smasher Mode is generally incredibly damaging, as Cancer is capable of using his Arms Weapon to flip a segment of a large stone bridge with enough force to send a bunch of Rune Knights flying over a large gap. The Belial Blasters are powerful enough to shatter all sorts of materials, and is shown to be capable of knocking entire skyscrapers down. Due to being fuelled by Cancer's fighting spirit; the Belial Blasters never have to be reloaded; generating extra bullets whenever Cancer runs out through willpower alone. This charge ability has three charge levels, each requiring more power to be channeled from Cancer's energy reserves. They are represented by the guns glowing different colours. Additionally, the pistols can attack targets through walls as the pistols have the ability to manipulate space, allowing Cancer to open wormholes to direct his shots- Cancer can use a telescopic view in battle. They also appear to surround Cancer's kicks and punches in blue magical energy when he uses them in conjunction with Juu Kune Do, acting as both a melee and long range weapon- even without spatial manipulation, all bullets fired by the Belial Edges will ricochet off surfaces at least once and attempt to hit nearby enemies. While each gun is a powerful weapon with especially powerful bullets displaying destructive power capable of easily puncturing bulletproof vests and killing large animals in a single shot when discharged from a handgun, its true use lies in the specialized firing pin and additional modifications for firing different types of ammunition. Cancer is capable of using the recoil from each shot fired from the Belial Blasters to enhance his mobility in combat, firing shots to propel himself short distances, simultaneously attacking and evading opponents; and he can use the recoil to launch himself into the air at astounding speeds.
- Arms Weapon: Scarlet Orbs (光邪邪獣球 (スカーレット・オーブ), Sukāretto Ōbu lit. Hope-Crushing Cruel Beast Spheres): The Scarlet Orbs are the name of Abyssion's secondary Arms Weapon. While normally, a Soul Armour is only capable of possessing a single Arms Weapon, not counting extra equipment like Seekers and side-arms such as a user's personal weapon, due to Abyssion being the result of Gemini's remaining spirit overlaying Cancer's own as the latter inherited the method of becoming a Soul Armour Knight from the former with her death, Abyssion is capable of harnessing Pierrot's powers. In any case, the Scarlet Orbs are a series of a quarter of hand-sized crimson spheres of pure energy which Cancer can alter the shape of by thought alone in order to serve almost innumerable purposes, whether they be for offense, defense, and other supplementary uses- when they are not in use, the Scarlet Orbs float behind Abyssion's back in a circular formation. The Scarlet Orbs are noted to be constantly standby once willed into existence- though they can also be dismissed whenever Cancer deems it suitable. Cancer cannot create additional orbs after the initial acquisition number; as four is the absolute limit, since he still requires enough focus and energy to power his other weaponry, Limit Breaks, and both of Abyssion's Knight Powers. As they are manifested from fighting spirit, the Scarlet Orbs are capable of busting straight through ordinary magics as if they were invisible, rendering weapons such as Eternano Sabers and Eternano Rifles null and void by destroying their insides immediately- as an extension, against beings such as Espers and Magius, as they are tuned to the essence of magic itself, they can be used to deal extra damage, allowing Cancer to disrupt their connection to magics. Cancer is capable of controlling the Scarlet Orbs one-by-one or all at once- no matter the control manner, he can shape the spheres through mental commands alone into countless forms- effectively the sky is the limit for what the Scarlet Orbs can be transformed into. No matter the form and composition, the Scarlet Orbs are widely known to be exceptionally powerful- just by colliding with a solid, non-living structure; a single ball is capable of reducing it to dust. They can be directed as projectiles which close in on Cancer's targets like bullets, and if Cancer deems it suitable, he can grant them explosive properties by having them rapidly expand- on the opposite end, they can be used to heal his own injuries just by contact. In battle, Cancer commonly forms the Scarlet Orbs into spears to mentally direct at his opponent, just as Gemini once did.
- Fury Faces (フューリー・フェイス, Fuyūrī Feisu): The Fury Faces are Abyssion's auxiliary armament- optional equipment, they take the form of extendable gigantic black arms at the sides which have golden fingers, each possessing an exact replica of Abyssion's Atmospheric Conductor faceplate on the palm; they are linked to the Soul Armour via extendable parts. Extremely versatile, the Fury Faces are capable of serving almost countless purposes to suit almost any situation. In close-range combat, the Fury Faces can open the Atmospheric Conductor faceplate in order to reveal a fanged mouth which can harnessed in melee by biting down upon enemies and their attacks, resulting in the faces not only possessing the ability to chomp through one hundred millimeters of any type of alloy, they can also immobilize an enemy by holding one of their limbs in place with the fangs restricting them, allowing Cancer to follow up with any other type of attack that he deems suitable- a popular extension is to restrain the enemy and then blast with his Tragic Genocider Limit Break. The Fury Faces can also generate energy blades from the fingers for close combat, and can be used as hammering weapons, crushing the enemy in between them with repeated blows while also serving to coil the faces up into a fist and simply punching the opponent or spin around at high speeds to mimic drills. By themselves, the Fury Faces can serve as exceptionally durable shields which can shrug off almost any form of blow- even managing to withstand a direct Chaser Smash Limit Break from Tsuruko/Gaiki, which was able to punch a hole through a dimension. In this form, when the ravenous maws are open, they are capable of focusing Cancer's fighting spirit into the mouths before releasing gigantic glowing purple beams of concussive force which tear into anything that they come into contact with, rending the landscape in twain in the blink of an eye. The golden fingers of the Fury Faces can also be fired towards the enemy- more detail on that below. Interestingly, due to the flexible joints which serve as the connection between the Fury Faces and the main body, the pair of faces can be positioned very freely, and are capable of expanding and contrasting for almost any length imaginable in the blink of an eye, commonly being used to take an enemy by surprise, travelling through the ground and erupting before an unsuspecting opponent to immediate obtain an advantage; all of these traits give off the impression that the Fury Faces appear more like a snake.
- Slaughter Seekers (スローター・シーカー, Surōtā Shīkā): The Slaughter Seekers are a secret weapon of the Abyssion Soul Armour, designed to assist Cancer against superior enemy numbers or just when he feels like achieving a quick victory- more specifically; they only reveal themselves when Cancer is pushed into a corner. The golden fingertips of the Soul Armour's Fury Faces are actually a series of conical remote weaponry which Cancer is capable of directing through his thoughts alone. The Slaughter Seekers are literally flying spikes with cutting edges forged from the same material as Soul Metal blades, making them exceptionally sharp and granting them immense penetrative power as long as Cancer is determined. This allows them to store large amounts of fighting spirit to greatly increase their damage potential, darting across the battlefield at speeds that make them invisible to the naked eye in order to offset the fact that unlike other Seekers, the Slaughter Seekers cannot serve as ranged or even melee weaponry as they do not emit beam blades of fighting spirit, more than making up for it with lightning-speed and exceptional power, indeed, while in flight, they can only be perceived as glowing golden blurs. Instead they rely on their sharpness to penetrate the enemy and they can act in ways that normal Seekers are incapable of, such as arranging themselves into a combined hexagonal formation for greater defensive and striking power; since they are infused with Cancer's fighting spirit, the Slaughter Seekers can emit an Ardor Field by placing dozens of Slaughter Seekers in a closed spherical formation; and Cancer himself can attack outside of this sphere; leaving him essentially invulnerable. This sphere serves as an almost impenetrable shield; only the most powerful weapons are capable of breaching it, and even then, damage to Abyssion is generally minimal. Normally, it would place immense mental strain of a user of any form of Seekers to control more than three at once, but Cancer is capable of manipulating over fifty of his Slaughter Seekers simultaneously.
- Knight Power: Assault Absorber (
動摩擦の操作, Asaruto Abusōbā lit. Kinetic Friction Manipulation): Abyssion's Knight Power, referred to as Assault Absorber, is a passive skill; it is also a constantly activated one- it enables the large, hulking Soul Armour to nullify the kinetic energy transferred through melee and projectile based attacks the moment that they come into contact with Cancer. This process is performed by the magenta barcode armour plates of the Soul Armour emitting energy constantly when the armour is donned- known as Vector-Con Units ( 動摩擦の操作原理具, Bekutā-Kon Yunitto lit. Kinetic Friction Manipulation Principle Tools), these portions of the armour, infused with fighting spirit, can absorb the shock of an impact and reduce the effect it would have on Cancer's frame to nothingness, visually represented by the magenta barcode portions of the armour erecting an invisible hexagonal barrier of fighting spirit inside the Soul Metal of Abyssion, hardening the density of the Soul Metal in response to physical trauma, absorbing the energies released and reducing the kinetic force of an impact, no matter how powerful, down to zero, before storing that transferred power and evenly distributing it throughout the ports of the Soul Armour, resulting in a massive boost in strength, durability, and the area-of-effect of the Shadowmeld power. Because of this as well as the density of the Soul Metal that already composes the armour, Cancer is now extremely resistant to physical damage and any impact shock is negated, and when combined with his natural Hellion ability of high-speed regeneration, makes him downright indestructible to nearly any form of blunt force- the Vector-Con Units are capable of absorbing the energy of physical attacks, such as punches, bullets, and concussive forces. This incredible power is best shown when Tsuruko/Gaiki fought Cancer/Abyssion; as in regards to the attacks of Tsuruko Sejren, where she constantly transmits the force of her blows through a medium upon contact with an enemy, resulting in powerful strikes without equal, Abyssion's Assault Absorber offers complete resistance to this force as it sucks the momentum and kinetic energy out of Tsuruko's punches and kicks even with her Soul Armour equipped, rendering any chances of her projecting her power into Abyssion's Soul Metal, making her attacks useless; even after she launched a rapid volley of fisticuffs towards Abyssion, he simply shrugged it off as if it were a gentle breeze. However, this kinetic energy absorption ability is not an absolute- a Limit Break from another Soul Armour can break through the ability and land a clean strike. As more kinetic energy is absorbed and with every negated strike, the Abyssion Soul Armour becomes stronger and more resilient until Cancer has gathered a truly immeasurable amount of power within his armour- at this point, he can release this energy in the form of a powerful shockwave with a Limit Break. However, this kinetic energy absorption ability is not an absolute- a Limit Break from another Soul Armour can break through the ability and land a clean strike.
- Knight Power: Shadowmeld (
影覆座標移動, Shadōmerudo lit. Shadow Shroud Coordinate Movement): Shadowmeld is the name of Abyssion's second Knight Power. While normally, a Soul Armour is only capable of possessing a single Knight Power, due to Abyssion being the result of Gemini's remaining spirit overlaying Cancer's own as the latter inherited the method of becoming a Soul Armour Knight from the former with her death, Abyssion is capable of harnessing Pierrot's powers, including its Knight Power. When activating Shadowmeld, the Disaster Mantle begins to pulse with an inky blackness before contacting the space-time continuum in the location that he wishes to appear in and fading into shadows, traversing a distance and reemerging in any place that Cancer wishes. It is essentially a form of short-range spatial teleportation. Using this ability, Cancer is capable of traveling over short distances in an instant, even in the midst of battle. In dire situations when an enemy target is about to fatally hit him, Cancer his capable of instantly jumping away and flanking his enemy's position (usually several meters from behind or side. More often than not, Cancer milks it for all it's worth, and, in a fight, uses Shadowmeld to constantly disappear and appear at will, hitting, running, and flanking without any effort at all and barely any threat of counterattack. Cancer has been able to travel a maximum distance of about four thousand, four hundred and eighty feet in this way. Cancer can perform Shadowmeld mid-combo as well, causing the enemy's attacks to miss while simultaneously acting as attack cancels for him. With this, Cancer can move at speeds up to one hundred and twenty kilometers per hour, the maximum velocity at which he is still able to breathe.
- Limit Break (必殺技 (リミット・ブレイク), Rimitto Bureiku lit. Finishing Move): A Limit Break is the "ultimate attack" (絶招, Zesshō) of a Soul Armour—they are extremely powerful attacks enabled via the user taking damage in some way. When the user takes enough damage to gain an enormous amount of energy, they may perform a Limit Break. The user gains more energy to perform a Limit Break as they get angrier, and foes push them to their limits, the user unleashes an "unimaginable power". When the user's fighting spirit rises to its ultimate limit, for a short while it aligns with and emits from the user's body, allowing powerful abilities that cannot be performed in a natural state. Though generally, a Soul Armour Knight has no problem dealing with mere magicians and other magical races, against beings such as symbiotes and other Soul Armour Knights, they require much more than 'stab it/kick it/punch it until it goes down'. Thus, the Limit Breaks come into play. It gathers their fighting spirit and transforms it into power, unleashing a single attack with no equal aside from other Limit Breaks. Abyssion is capable of performing the Tragic Genocider (
全弾発射・一撃必殺, Torajikku Jenosaidā lit. Fire All Guns – One Shot, One Kill) attack, where Cancer aims both Belial Blasters and the Fury Faces at the enemy, before launching the Slaughter Seekers from the fingers of the Fury Faces and delivering a salvo towards the enemy with the Belial Blasters, annihilating them through unleashing all of his arsenal at once at the enemy and the surrounding area. He can also use Bloody Fears ( 血痕蹂躙拳, Buraddi Fiāzu lit. Bloodstained Ravaging Fist), where Abyssion charges fighting spirit into one of his fists, causing it to resemble crimson energy smoldering off of the arm before unleashing a powerful punch. As Gemini/Pierrot's power is overlaying Cancer/Abyssion's own, Abyssion additionally has access to Pierrot's Spacer Kick (スペーサ・キック, Supēsa Kikku) where Abyssion teleports in front of the enemy using Shadowmeld before unleashing a powerful high kick aimed at the enemy's face; this attack is capable of sending an enemy smashing through a building.
- Cancer's personality is inspired by Waspinator from Beast Wars- likewise, after obtaining Abyssion, his personality shifts to something more akin to Waspinator's much scarier Transformers Animated counterpart.